News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

The granny is at it again. Cant we have a meaningful discussion thread without this chaff from this daft bat?

You should be more respectful to your granny, she will not be here forever.😀

• Haha 2

Just now, JamesR said:

You should be more respectful to your granny, she will not be here forever.😀

I do hope not. It's like a canker on the subject matter. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:43 AM, HiuMak said:

Thailand is a two-faced and spineless 

Like most other countries including the West when it come to politics and self interest, just take a look as history. 

Several off-topic, bickering posts of a personal nature (and their replies) have been removed. Debate the content by all means; please refrain from personal attacks on other members. 

Thank you,

18 hours ago, Poolie said:

I speak to many Russians on other sites.

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Most of them are gaming sites like Steam.

17 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Pure deflection. The last bastion of those who know they are wrong.

Do you, personally condemn the illegal invasion of the Ukraine and the atrocities they have committed?

Yes or no.

You speak to many Russians...on Steam and gaming sites? 😄

Thank you. You just confirmed you basically get your information from a cracker jack box.

Anyway, regarding my personal condemnation as you call it. I already answered that in that long post I made where what you call a "last bastion" will stand as a valid and reasonable way to process this RU/UA situation.

I can say that because there isn't going to be a Thought Police Tribunal called to weigh in on Raugh's posts on the Thaiger. Maybe you could preside over it and their judgement would be "You know you are wrong Raugh, just admit it, yes or no." Much like the Nazis would try to do.

If you are so passionate about his why don't you all make a pro-ukraine thread?

You are processing this your way. Making it black and white for your self so you can feel justified in your posts. Doesn't bother me one bit.  I'm happy you have this war in your life to give it meaning.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Raugh said:

You speak to many Russians...on Steam and gaming sites? 😄

Thank you. You just confirmed you basically get your information from a cracker jack box.

Anyway, regarding my personal condemnation as you call it. I already answered that in that long post I made where what you call a "last bastion" will stand as a valid and reasonable way to process this RU/UA situation.

I can say that because there isn't going to be a Thought Police Tribunal called to weigh in on Raugh's posts on the Thaiger. Maybe you could preside over it and their judgement would be "You know you are wrong Raugh, just admit it, yes or no." Much like the Nazis would try to do.

If you are so passionate about his why don't you all make a pro-ukraine thread?

You are processing this your way. Making it black and white for your self so you can feel justified in your posts. Doesn't bother me one bit.  I'm happy you have this war in your life to give it meaning.

No we already understand the killing of civilians and kids doesn't bother you one bit.

In what way does talking to Russians on a platform like steam constitute information from a cracker jack box? Are they not ordinary Russian citizens? The same ones who you defend? 

Ah wait. Its about control isnt it. You and the rest of your Pro Putin bots cant control what is said on there and its flying in the face of the official party line. Its undermining all your hard work in protecting people from the truth. So you dismiss it. The truth will out mate. Opinions about the war are changing in Czar Putins little fiefdom. Every one of those Russian guys I talk to is going to tell others. Ultimately its going to become a tsunami. Your hero Czar Putin is going to be toast.

That long winded post of whataboutery essentially concluded with you being unable to condemn the war and the atrocities because other stuff has happened. I think its more a case of being unwilling to condemn it. So no. I asked you for a simple answer to a simple question and yet you cannot or will not give it. That speaks volume.

And then we have the accusation that I am behaving like a nazi. I was unaware disagreeing with you was a trait Hitler and his minions had. Think there is a bit of projection going on there.

No more whataboutery. Stick to the topic and stop with the insults.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Every one of those Russian guys I talk to is going to tell others. Ultimately its going to become a tsunami. Your hero Czar Putin is going to be toast.

what can you say that they can't find online?

56 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

what can you say that they can't find online?

Well facebook and instagram are now illegal in Czar Putins open and honest country. 😆

I genuinely wonder what access average Russians have to the internet now. Having spoken to some it seems access to western media is severely curtailed.

Given you are in Russia right now perhaps you can tell us which websites are open and which are closed. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Well facebook and instagram are now illegal in Czar Putins open and honest country. 😆

I genuinely wonder what access average Russians have to the internet now. Having spoken to some it seems access to western media is severely curtailed.

Given you are in Russia right now perhaps you can tell us which websites are open and which are closed. 

do you seriously call FB and Instagram sources of at least some correct information? that's funny.

many top media from Europe and the USA are blocked in Russia in response to a similar blocking of Russian media. But they all work when using VPN services, literally one click of a button and everything works. Anyone who wants to can read all these media.

decision makers on both sides of the ocean have long had a poor understanding of the real state of affairs, which is why they make such stupid decisions about senseless lockdowns.

The problem is that the vast majority do not believe them, just like the top Russian media.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

do you seriously call FB and Instagram sources of at least some correct information? that's funny.

many top media from Europe and the USA are blocked in Russia in response to a similar blocking of Russian media. But they all work when using VPN services, literally one click of a button and everything works. Anyone who wants to can read all these media.

decision makers on both sides of the ocean have long had a poor understanding of the real state of affairs, which is why they make such stupid decisions about senseless lockdowns.

The problem is that the vast majority do not believe them, just like the top Russian media.

If Facebook and Instagram were never an issue why block them?

Also you go on about VPN's. Which sites does the average Russian have access to without a VPN?

The BBC? NBC? etcetera.

No they dont. Also I know you have permission to use a VPN because it helps you do your job  but does the general public?

Yes its all the wests fault. Tell me why was BBC Russia closed down?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If Facebook and Instagram were never an issue why block them?

Also you go on about VPN's. Which sites does the average Russian have access to without a VPN?

The BBC? NBC? etcetera.

No they dont. Also I know you have permission to use a VPN because it helps you do your job  but does the general public?

Yes its all the wests fault. Tell me why was BBC Russia closed down?

FB and Instagram are blocked for non-compliance with the legislation of the Russian Federation. They blocked the accounts of Russian government agencies and officials who simply publicly support the Russian authorities of users. The Russian courts decided to oblige FB and Instagram to fix this, they did not comply. All according to the law written by the business owners, just like in your country.

here is a list of blocked resources.

https://blocklist.rkn.gov.ru/#anchor

BBC, CNN, NBS, Daily Mail work without VPN, Deutsche Welle does not work.

Sorry, but you, apparently, are one of those decision makers who make decisions about stupid blocking of network resources.

VPN services are available to everyone, there are paid and free, green and striped, I recommend, try it.

I never said that the West is to blame for everything, I think it is about 50 percent.

BBC Russia is blocked for spreading fakes about the Russian Armed Forces (there is such a new law).

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

This is an interesting comment as the West pretty much has blocked or censored away ANY dissent at all in this "Good vs. Evil" drivel. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

This is an interesting comment as the West pretty much has blocked or censored away ANY dissent at all in this "Good vs. Evil" drivel. 

You mean if I go out into the street in London just outside of our parliament building and I shout out, "I hate Johnson get rid of him" and "dissolve the British-royal-family", I would be put in prison ?

We can do a deal, I will go and do that in London, you go to Moscow and demonstrate in such a manner against the Russian dictatorship and see who survives. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Your juvenile Marxist analysis & conclusions are naturally all wrong.

NATO would fully support Norway with U.K./ US Artic trained forces alongside their valued Norwegian Allies and in return expect only what Norway could give.

Russia would conduct an airborne invasion of Coastal Norway. Russia cannot be “bargained” with ( don’t be naive) nor would they waste nukes on No- threat Norway !  Norway not obliged to support NATO outside Europe.

Norway too small / weak to “ control North Atlantic” which being a highly strategic NATO Supply Route, can never be “ demilitarized”.  Leave
North Atlantic to your defender friends U.K./ US.

NATO nothing to do with “petrodollars”. US/ UK alone will look after that for Norway ( Iraq / Kuwait).

Lots of statements here as well as some personal insults. I am sure the latter will not lead to any consequnces for such an esteemed member as yourself. 

To take NATO and Norway first. What "UK/US treained arctic forces" are you talking about? Do you mean the Royal marines that cannot ski 100 meters without falling? A 4 year old Norwegian girl can ski faster than them. Or are you talking about the US marines in Norway for "winter training"? You know, those troops who can barely handle themselves when it is snowing a little.  

So what US/UK forces are you talking about? 

The concrete question aside, do you really think Russia would even bother to create such an extended front if it came to it with NATO? The Norwegian front would be insignificant and likely not even opened by the Bear. 

Russia would conduct "airborne invasion" of "coastal Norway".. WOW, have you ever seen Norway? I mean, not neccessarily been here, but looked at a map? Which coastal area are you talking about?  Do you know the distances in Norway? Do you know the weather. Do you know the topography?   Where are these "airborne units? Russia has little to come at us with as of now and the forces they DO have in Kola would be mincemeat on such a supply route you are talking about. 

Of course Russia would "waste nukes" on Norway if we were dragged into the proxy-fighting of USA. I could see a few tactical nukes used. At least one in Trondheim where the US marines are, if it became a vast stafing ground, which appears to be the plan. Another place could easily be the super-secret US surveillance site in Vardø, where 150 Americans have rented a hotel where no Norwegians are allowed. And most of the local population dislike them very much...

The Northern Atlantic is, for the most, the EEZ of the Nordic nations. Not exclusively, but for the most. If we were to unilterally demilitarize there with exception of some coast guard units AND Russia reciprocated with scaling down their bases in the Arctic (something they have wanted to do for a long time), our relationships would be excellent. Could the hegemon and it's UK henchman still float around as they wanted in "freedom of navigation" spirtit? Of course, but they would be out in foreign waters with no naval support access anywhere north of the Shetlands. No ports, no logistical hubs. It would be a crazy venture. Not exactly like sailing through the Taiwan strait now and then. 

At the moment, of course the NATO/EU propganda machine is working hard to brainwash Norwegians and Nordic peoples how much we need them. However, there will be a time after this war when things will be analyzed and looked at. The sentiment in Norway from Trondheim and northwards is very EU-skeptical and NATO would follow in that trail if the Nordic defense cooperation thought was relased again. 

NATO is the ENFORCER of the petro-dollar. Every time our soldiers are going to fight for NATO and bomb nations that have no chance; we are working for the dollar. Fortunately, the dollar is about to expire. It's not happening quickly and not happening all-over, but EU will increasingly want to protect their own currency: Asia will go the way of China and Afrika is also not exactly in love with the dollar any more. 

The empire is struggling everywhere. I hope we can find a way to extract outselves from this madness. Finally, Russian officials still know the reality and that we simply have to kowtow to NATO/USA/UK at present. My estimate is this will change as the dollar continues to lose it's resrve status.- 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

FB and Instagram are blocked for non-compliance with the legislation of the Russian Federation. They blocked the accounts of Russian government agencies and officials who simply publicly support the Russian authorities of users. The Russian courts decided to oblige FB and Instagram to fix this, they did not comply. All according to the law written by the business owners, just like in your country.

here is a list of blocked resources.

https://blocklist.rkn.gov.ru/#anchor

BBC, CNN, NBS, Daily Mail work without VPN, Deutsche Welle does not work.

Sorry, but you, apparently, are one of those decision makers who make decisions about stupid blocking of network resources.

VPN services are available to everyone, there are paid and free, green and striped, I recommend, try it.

I never said that the West is to blame for everything, I think it is about 50 percent.

BBC Russia is blocked for spreading fakes about the Russian Armed Forces (there is such a new law).

Now thats not true is it. BBC, CNN etc do NOT work without a VPN.

VPN services are also being shut down.

How can the west be blamed for Czar Putin committing an illegal invasion and genocide?

List of Websites Blocked in Russia Since Ukraine Invasion (top10vpn.com)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Now thats not true is it. BBC, CNN etc do NOT work without a VPN.

VPN services are also being shut down.

How can the west be blamed for Czar Putin committing an illegal invasion and genocide?

List of Websites Blocked in Russia Since Ukraine Invasion (top10vpn.com)

right now I went from the phone to the sites of CNN and BBC without VPN. The BBC site without VPN does not open from a computer. Perhaps the same incompetent people were engaged in the implementation of the blocking, as well as those who made the decision.

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

Perhaps the same incompetent people were engaged in the implementation of the blocking, as well as those who made the decision.

So in comparison, how incompetent was the decision to invade Ukraine.? 

I forget, was the original claim a 1 day war or was it 2 or 3.?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

So in comparison, how incompetent was the decision to invade Ukraine.? 

I forget, was the original claim a 1 day war or was it 2 or 3.?

None, no timeline was given, perhaps that's why you forgot? It was western media projection again.

Sorry KRLMRX, I didn't mean to interrupt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Lots of statements here as well as some personal insults. I am sure the latter will not lead to any consequnces for such an esteemed member as yourself. 

To take NATO and Norway first. What "UK/US treained arctic forces" are you talking about? Do you mean the Royal marines that cannot ski 100 meters without falling? A 4 year old Norwegian girl can ski faster than them. Or are you talking about the US marines in Norway for "winter training"? You know, those troops who can barely handle themselves when it is snowing a little.  

So what US/UK forces are you talking about? 

The concrete question aside, do you really think Russia would even bother to create such an extended front if it came to it with NATO? The Norwegian front would be insignificant and likely not even opened by the Bear. 

Russia would conduct "airborne invasion" of "coastal Norway".. WOW, have you ever seen Norway? I mean, not neccessarily been here, but looked at a map? Which coastal area are you talking about?  Do you know the distances in Norway? Do you know the weather. Do you know the topography?   Where are these "airborne units? Russia has little to come at us with as of now and the forces they DO have in Kola would be mincemeat on such a supply route you are talking about. 

Of course Russia would "waste nukes" on Norway if we were dragged into the proxy-fighting of USA. I could see a few tactical nukes used. At least one in Trondheim where the US marines are, if it became a vast stafing ground, which appears to be the plan. Another place could easily be the super-secret US surveillance site in Vardø, where 150 Americans have rented a hotel where no Norwegians are allowed. And most of the local population dislike them very much...

The Northern Atlantic is, for the most, the EEZ of the Nordic nations. Not exclusively, but for the most. If we were to unilterally demilitarize there with exception of some coast guard units AND Russia reciprocated with scaling down their bases in the Arctic (something they have wanted to do for a long time), our relationships would be excellent. Could the hegemon and it's UK henchman still float around as they wanted in "freedom of navigation" spirtit? Of course, but they would be out in foreign waters with no naval support access anywhere north of the Shetlands. No ports, no logistical hubs. It would be a crazy venture. Not exactly like sailing through the Taiwan strait now and then. 

At the moment, of course the NATO/EU propganda machine is working hard to brainwash Norwegians and Nordic peoples how much we need them. However, there will be a time after this war when things will be analyzed and looked at. The sentiment in Norway from Trondheim and northwards is very EU-skeptical and NATO would follow in that trail if the Nordic defense cooperation thought was relased again. 

NATO is the ENFORCER of the petro-dollar. Every time our soldiers are going to fight for NATO and bomb nations that have no chance; we are working for the dollar. Fortunately, the dollar is about to expire. It's not happening quickly and not happening all-over, but EU will increasingly want to protect their own currency: Asia will go the way of China and Afrika is also not exactly in love with the dollar any more. 

The empire is struggling everywhere. I hope we can find a way to extract outselves from this madness. Finally, Russian officials still know the reality and that we simply have to kowtow to NATO/USA/UK at present. My estimate is this will change as the dollar continues to lose it's resrve status.- 

So USA / Canada / UK who sit in it & have always controlled it recently, have no rights in North Atlantic ? Nordics lack any serious naval power to take & control that vast strategic Ocean.

Russia understands & respects only Power & Force. Norway has neither. Except under NATO protection.

No wonder, after this Russian Invasion, powerful Sweden & Finland are probably joining NATO soon. Strange you don’t mention that & focus only on tiny Norway. 

“ Skiing” is perhaps 1% of Mountain & Arctic Warfare. Nordics / Finns of course the masters.Russia thankfully incompetent in that difficult art, and all matters in fact except Crime & Civilian Terror.

All “ hard” currencies backed only by confidence & avoidance of tyrant fiat. Decision of World not NATO nations alone. 

China , to control Asia, must take Taiwan, to break the “ first island chain “ by defeating the excellent strong alliance of US / Japan / S. Korea/ Taiwan / UK / AUS then overcome India then take Malaysia to control the vital Malacca Straits. That’s Impossoble as CCP non- nuclear military incredibly weak, unable to project any military power beyond their lands, except the desperate South China Seas project which could be swept away in hours by US. 

Not ever happening. CCP must surely collapse soon, before & certainly after their inevitable & doomed aggression to take Taiwan.  

Let China “ bleed out” their shaky property - backed economy in Africa. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

And China doesn’t have Russia’s back? 

Reuters is reporting that China's overall trade with Russia rose by $US38.18 billion ($51.67 billion) between January and March this year, when Russia was increasing its presence on the Ukrainian border before invading on February 24. That represents a rise of 27.8 per cent from the same time last year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-13/ukraine-russia-live-war-updates-mariupol/100986400?utm_campaign=abc_news_web&utm_content=link&utm_medium=content_shared&utm_source=abc_news_web#live-blog-post-1210307587

and last year

Total trade between China and Russia jumped 35.9% last year to a record $146.9 billion, according to Chinese customs data, with Russia serving as a major source of oil, gas, coal and agriculture commodities, running a trade surplus with China

Reuter link

Russia & China a good economic fit. No need for US$ trading.
However, by 2050 or so, with Russia weakened & dying by demographics, with their tired population halved & decrepit nukes rusting in their silos, the 1.8 billion Chinese will inevitably simply take Eastern Siberia to acquire free all the Energy & Minerals they need. Russia RIP (Rot In Purgatory), if still electing to live oppressed by FSB / Gangsters.

18 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Russia & China a good economic fit. No need for US$ trading.
However, by 2050 or so, with Russia weakened & dying by demographics, with their tired population halved & decrepit nukes rusting in their silos, the 1.8 billion Chinese will inevitably simply take Eastern Siberia to acquire free all the Energy & Minerals they need. Russia RIP (Rot In Purgatory), if still electing to live oppressed by FSB / Gangsters.

So, watch this space in 29 years time. If anybody lasts that long. 😃

Also bear in mind that the Russians are going to stop breeding, they wont replenish their nuclear deterrent and China will break its northern border and invade its neighbour.

Grandmas been drinking, heavily. 😀

• Haha 6

21 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

No we already understand the killing of civilians and kids doesn't bother you one bit.

In what way does talking to Russians on a platform like steam constitute information from a cracker jack box? Are they not ordinary Russian citizens? The same ones who you defend? 

Ah wait. Its about control isnt it. You and the rest of your Pro Putin bots cant control what is said on there and its flying in the face of the official party line. Its undermining all your hard work in protecting people from the truth. So you dismiss it. The truth will out mate. Opinions about the war are changing in Czar Putins little fiefdom. Every one of those Russian guys I talk to is going to tell others. Ultimately its going to become a tsunami. Your hero Czar Putin is going to be toast.

That long winded post of whataboutery essentially concluded with you being unable to condemn the war and the atrocities because other stuff has happened. I think its more a case of being unwilling to condemn it. So no. I asked you for a simple answer to a simple question and yet you cannot or will not give it. That speaks volume.

And then we have the accusation that I am behaving like a nazi. I was unaware disagreeing with you was a trait Hitler and his minions had. Think there is a bit of projection going on there.

No more whataboutery. Stick to the topic and stop with the insults.

And here goes Herr Scot putting words in my mouth and reading my mind from his perch atop Mount Olympus! Posting your musings acting like you are some Freudian genius working his way to the core of some critical issue.

"Every one of those Russian guys "I" talk to is going to tell others...yada yada yada..tsunami <this Tsunami presumably originating from Herr Rookiescot's Steam game site contact list information campaign>.

Dude, you are as delusional as Granny. I'm not so concerned about what you write as to being more concerned you might actually believe what you are writing.

Get help.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Poolie said:

So, watch this space in 29 years time. If anybody lasts that long. 😃

Also bear in mind that the Russians are going to stop breeding, they wont replenish their nuclear deterrent and China will break its northern border and invade its neighbour.

Grandmas been drinking, heavily. 😀

Ever considered shoving somewhere your ill-mannered toxic Marxist carcass ? massive ego would indicate not….

16 minutes ago, Raugh said:

And here goes Herr Scot putting words in my mouth and reading my mind from his perch atop Mount Olympus! Posting your musings acting like you are some Freudian genius working his way to the core of some critical issue.

"Every one of those Russian guys "I" talk to is going to tell others...yada yada yada..tsunami <this Tsunami presumably originating from Herr Rookiescot's Steam game site contact list information campaign>.

Dude, you are as delusional as Granny. I'm not so concerned about what you write as to being more concerned you might actually believe what you are writing.

Get help.

Consider shoving yourself along with with your uneducated ill-mannered uncivilized yap.😩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

Ever considered shoving somewhere your ill-mannered toxic Marxist carcass ? massive ego would indicate not….

Consider shoving yourself along with with your uneducated ill-mannered uncivilized yap.😩

Run out of expletives have we? Nothing like a well thought out reply.

And this is nothing like a well thought out reply, Grandma. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1