News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

9 minutes ago, vlad said:

Do you understand what a forum is for ?? Tiger ? it is to debate a particular issue if it is about Ukraine and Russia that's what we are discussing. You however Don't seem to be able to grasp this so you waffle this is a word we use in the UK when you talk rubbish so you " Waffle" now you are waffling about Assange is he Russian ? or Yemen so look how this forum works and debate on the Topic, not waffle.

How about you stop harassing people? Why don’t you order Haw Haw to fetch you a cool and refreshing glass of stfu and come back when you are ready to attack the points of view, not the people. You must be parched! 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

45 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

That is your opinion. My replies were to things that started out of the topic at hand and is still relevant. 

You cannot command me to do anything, simply because you are annoyed at it. Instead, focus your energy at the thread at hand or are creating the irrelevance here. 

The topic at hand is whether or not Russian tourists should be welcome to Thailand based upon allegations (of which likely none of them have taken part) and a political alignment you disagree with. 

I fail to see anyone applying same standards to what is happening in Yemen and the fate of Julian Assange is also something the UK people should pay for, according to your standards. 

What has Yemen got to do with far away Civilized People ? Under control of primitive savages since UK left there 55 years ago. Strategic only for savages.  Now these other primitives using it as a playground for their Proxy War. 

Civilized Ukraine under attack from different barbarians. Civilized NATO helping Ukrainian Allies to bleed out Russia in Eastern Europe on Free NATO Borders.  Yemen of little consequence in comparison.

Snowden & Assange are Heroes of Free People. Being persecuted only as they embarrassed high level US bureaucrats who falsely claim “ national security”. 

36 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Then, you're off topic>

Consider starting your own thread entitled “Tedious Illiterate Barstool Gibberish” with a “6-8 words of drivel” limit on posts.  No danger of you ever being “ off topic”🤣Would be posting only to yourself though 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fanta said:

How about you stop harassing people? Why don’t you order Haw Haw to fetch you a cool and refreshing glass of stfu and come back when you are ready to attack the points of view, not the people. You must be parched! 

Stay on topic old boy its about Russia and Ukraine, not my lady's pet name you referred to.

3 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

When I was referring to EEZ, it of course also confers a certain expectation  of being the favored domain of ones own ships. 

Of course the Anglo-US can continue with their provocative "freedom of navigation" parades, but my point is (and was) it will look more and more ridiculous when they are far away from home within an ocean basin with no friendly ports or support structures. 

So a demilitarization of the Nordic EEZ from the Nordic side (Happy?) would make it pretty embarrassing and bizarre for the NATO to prowl around in that area. Likje a stray dog marking telephone poles and being just a nuisance.  

At present, this is not on the agenda, but for a future model of increased Nordic integration, it certainly COULD become one, even if they were to technically still remain in NATO due to politicians dragging. 

Your appear quite ignorant re. “ blue water”  navy operations by US / UK.

US/ UK have nuclear powered submarines & aircraft carriers that don’t need ports for over a year. they often freely move in battle groups of 20-30 ships.

” freedom of navigation” a key principle of freedom at sea. Your strange criticism of this common naval principle would be quite incomprehensible to rational people. Only jealous tyrants who respect no laws (except Power) are critical of FON. 

For meaningful “ Nordic Integration” I suggest you watch the excellent Nat. Geo.  “Vikings” tv series on Netflix …..😉👍😟

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NorskTiger said:

None of what you are mentioning has anything to do with "communism". However, what you mention HAS been alleged to have been done by Russia in modern times, true. I just wanted to make it clear that it is nothing intrinsic to Communism. 

Germany was split in two after WW2. And either side was part of the entrenched cold war, which really was much of a continuation of WW2, with different methods and players.

Sorry for Your uncle and Thank You. Too little too late and a grave miscalculation from side of Churchill, but credit where credit is due. It was an honest and daring attempt to turn the tide early on. 

Churchill simply underestimated the early power of Luftwaffe and the explosive momentum in Belgium around same time. 

Talking cods again, Tigger?

Churchill led the call for British rearmament against the military expansion of the Nazis in the 1930's. He was not PM until May 1940, just before the start of The Battle of Britain, which, you might recall, ended in victory for the RAF.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

What has Yemen got to do with far away Civilized People ? Under control of primitive savages since UK left there 55 years ago. Strategic only for savages.  Now these other primitives using it as a playground for their Proxy War. 

Civilized Ukraine under attack from different barbarians. Civilized NATO helping Ukrainian Allies to bleed out Russia in Eastern Europe on Free NATO Borders.  Yemen of little consequence in comparison.

Snowden & Assange are Heroes of Free People. Being persecuted only as they embarrassed high level US bureaucrats who falsely claim “ national security”. 

Sorry but this is why I can't take your posts too seriously. 

Why should the lives of the Ukrainians mean more than those from the Yemen?

They're all human and enduring needless suffering

6 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

US/ UK have nuclear powered submarines & aircraft carriers that don’t need ports for over a year. they often freely move in battle groups of 20-30 ships.

” freedom of navigation” a key principle of freedom at sea. Your strange criticism of this common naval principle would be quite incomprehensible to rational people. Only jealous tyrants who respect no laws (except Power) are critical of FON. 

For meaningful “ Nordic Integration” I suggest you watch the excellent Nat. Geo.  “Vikings” tv series on Netflix …..😉👍😟

So funny re Netflix. 🤣

This was just posted into a LINE group I am in and seems to be indicative of the Thai attitude to Russia.

Google translation - 

I've been unemployed for over 2 years.
At the beginning of the year, Russians began to enter the country. There were some running events.
I started earning some money.
The Russian tour will start to work on March 1st.
But the war
Stop it all

Information from the Russian
I'll wait for the next high page (month November at the end of the year)
So bad

Source - 

ตกงานมา2ปีกว่าแล้ว
เมื่อต้นๆปี เริ่มมีชาวรัชเซียเข้าประเทศ ก็มีงานวิ่งมาบ้าง
เริ่มมีรายได้บ้างแล้วครับ
ทางทัวร์รัชเซียจะเริ่มมำงานเป็นทาการใน1มีนาคม
แต่ เจอสงครามที
หยุดหมดเลยครับ

ข้อมูลจากทางรัชเซีย
คงรอไปหน้าไฮหน้า(เดือน พ.ย.ปลายปีเลยครับ)
แย่เลยครับ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

This was just posted into a LINE group I am in and seems to be indicative of the Thai attitude to Russia.

So much a better way of putting it than 'most Thais think.....', more honest too. 😃

44 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Google translation - 

I've been unemployed for over 2 years.
At the beginning of the year, Russians began to enter the country. There were some running events.
I started earning some money.
The Russian tour will start to work on March 1st.
But the war
Stop it all

Information from the Russian
I'll wait for the next high page (month November at the end of the year)
So bad

Source - 

ตกงานมา2ปีกว่าแล้ว
เมื่อต้นๆปี เริ่มมีชาวรัชเซียเข้าประเทศ ก็มีงานวิ่งมาบ้าง
เริ่มมีรายได้บ้างแล้วครับ
ทางทัวร์รัชเซียจะเริ่มมำงานเป็นทาการใน1มีนาคม
แต่ เจอสงครามที
หยุดหมดเลยครับ

ข้อมูลจากทางรัชเซีย
คงรอไปหน้าไฮหน้า(เดือน พ.ย.ปลายปีเลยครับ)
แย่เลยครับ

But not the attitude of the vast majority of people who are not in the Thai travel industry I think, that is according to what I have heard, all the Thais I know are not involved in tourist types jobs and do not care about the Russians coming here.

But many I know watch the news regularly and think what is going on in Ukraine is terrible, they are not particularly drawn towards the Russians at the moment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vlad said:

Do you understand what a forum is for ?? Tiger ? it is to debate a particular issue if it is about Ukraine and Russia that's what we are discussing. You however Don't seem to be able to grasp this so you waffle this is a word we use in the UK when you talk rubbish so you " Waffle" now you are waffling about Assange is he Russian ? or Yemen so look how this forum works and debate on the Topic, not waffle.

I have CLEARLY explained to you what the relevance is and how the context matters. 

YOU, OTOH, seem He11-bent upon shaping every narratrive and every debate post after your pov and your (lack of) tolerance for other opinions. 

Great to hear you dish out your grasp of the English language. I prefer to EAT waffles- 

3 hours ago, Fester said:

Talking cods again, Tigger?

Churchill led the call for British rearmament against the military expansion of the Nazis in the 1930's. He was not PM until May 1940, just before the start of The Battle of Britain, which, you might recall, ended in victory for the RAF.

Here we go again.. Do I have to teach you everything?

Churchill was first lord of admiralty and was intimately responsible for the operations in Norway even before the German invasion on April 9th. It was CHURCHILLS insistence to repacapture Narvik. His strategic vision was to disrupt Germany at a vulnerable time and possibly deprive Germany of iron ore supplies in the winter months (as the Baltic sea freezes then, making the normal supply route impossible). 

You seem to think that Churchill was sleeping in a closet until Chamberlain resigned and the latter did everything before that. 

In many ways Churchill's Norway campaign was the Dardanelles of world war two, but I am sure you have no idea about this either. 

(The above is typically taught in 8th/9th grade in Norway history class. Although not neccessary to understand to pass the class, it at leastr would be important for a higher grade). 

Then you say he became PM "just before battle of Britain", which AGAIN is wrong. You see unaware of the "minor conflict" which was going on in Belgium/Holland/France before that, do you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Sorry but this is why I can't take your posts too seriously. 

Why should the lives of the Ukrainians mean more than those from the Yemen?

They're all human and enduring needless suffering

NATO can’t help in Yemen or Ethiopia or Congo or Sudan. Nobody ever can in fact. Never ending conflicts & famine. Cultures Responsible. No Enemy directly in those places.Their Govts responsible or UN not West . 

NATO can & does help in Ukraine, a NATO Ally against Main Enemy Russia. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldschooler said:

What does "blue Water/"Brown water" navy have to do with EEZ? Nothing. Nuclear powered submarines don't need port for a year? That is good. ANd so what? Are you telling me that a carrier group can drift on it's own for a year or more without needing port facillities and remain fully combat capable? Really?

"FON" is a law that only applies to the fading US empire and it's UK lapdog. No other nation ever fronts this principle or sees it as an essential comonent to world naval principles.  It is this FON that is being used over and over again to taunt China and try to provoke them into warring in Taiwan strait. Fortunately, Xi remains more interested in continuing to lift people out of powerty (10+ million out of powerty in China the last 10 years) than jumping at the bait of the barking warmongerers of the "West". 

What does "Vikings" have to do with anything? Just another historically inaccurate fiction only someone who are incapable of studying real history takes as factual doctrine. 

You are embarrassing yoursef with all these personal insults and the haughtiness as some kind of bizarre word salad. 

The Ukraine conflict remains over MUCH more than a mere struggle between two neighbors. Nothing illustrates this more than the desperate urge to demonize anyone who observes it differently..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vlad said:

Your a relatively new poster Tiger and already you're making yourself look clueless. Now your waffling on about Churchill and the German Luftwaffe who incidentally was destroyed by guess who ? in the Battle of Britain. 

You apparently do not comprehend that Luftwaffe in NORWAY played a vital and decisive role. The fact that it lost the battle of Britain several monhts later has nothing to do with this. 

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

NATO can’t help in Yemen or Ethiopia or Congo or Sudan. Nobody ever can in fact. Never ending conflicts & famine. Cultures Responsible. No Enemy directly in those places.Their Govts responsible or UN not West . 

NATO can & does help in Ukraine, a NATO Ally against Main Enemy Russia. 

First of all, OF COURSE NATO can help in Yemen if they want to. What stopped them from doing the same in Libya? NATO picks side in conflicts no matter where it is. FGS, they were in Afghanistan, not exactly in the neighborhood of NATO-members. 

"famine" "cultures responsible" ?? What is this? More remnants of the post-colonialism syndrome?  Or is it just pure racism and marginalization of a conflict with a complexity one cannot dare to understand? And in what sense is UN (!!!???) respnsible for what Saudi-Arabia and NATO-USA is doing to their country?

And now Ukraine is a "NATO-ally".. SO in your world we now have a war between Russia and NATO. I am glad we are entering a new era of world order where the old bigotry of colonial West no longer gets to decide everything.. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Here we go again.. Do I have to teach you everything?

Churchill was first lord of admiralty and was intimately responsible for the operations in Norway even before the German invasion on April 9th. It was CHURCHILLS insistence to repacapture Narvik. His strategic vision was to disrupt Germany at a vulnerable time and possibly deprive Germany of iron ore supplies in the winter months (as the Baltic sea freezes then, making the normal supply route impossible). 

You seem to think that Churchill was sleeping in a closet until Chamberlain resigned and the latter did everything before that. 

In many ways Churchill's Norway campaign was the Dardanelles of world war two, but I am sure you have no idea about this either. 

(The above is typically taught in 8th/9th grade in Norway history class. Although not neccessary to understand to pass the class, it at leastr would be important for a higher grade). 

Then you say he became PM "just before battle of Britain", which AGAIN is wrong. You see unaware of the "minor conflict" which was going on in Belgium/Holland/France before that, do you?

You didn't mention Norway at all in the post I replied to. But I suppose you chose not to remember that as you just deflect and deflect again, wasting time as you drift from one pet sub topic to another.

Churchill became PM in May 1940, just before the Battle of Britain, which began in June 1940. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Fester said:

You didn't mention Norway at all in the post I replied to. But I suppose you chose not to remember that as you just deflect and deflect again, wasting time as you drift from one pet sub topic to another.

Churchill became PM in May 1940, just before the Battle of Britain, which began in June 1940. 

To say Churchill became PM "just before" Battle of Britain seems to show a depleted understanding of both flow of time and the vital timeline of early WW2.

Churchill became PM on 10th of May. So we have two months of vital events before the traditional start of BoBr.  I leave it up to you to defend how these 8 weeks amount to "just before" in this time period.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

First of all, OF COURSE NATO can help in Yemen if they want to. What stopped them from doing the same in Libya? NATO picks side in conflicts no matter where it is. FGS, they were in Afghanistan, not exactly in the neighborhood of NATO-members. 

"famine" "cultures responsible" ?? What is this? More remnants of the post-colonialism syndrome?  Or is it just pure racism and marginalization of a conflict with a complexity one cannot dare to understand? And in what sense is UN (!!!???) respnsible for what Saudi-Arabia and NATO-USA is doing to their country?

And now Ukraine is a "NATO-ally".. SO in your world we now have a war between Russia and NATO. I am glad we are entering a new era of world order where the old bigotry of colonial West no longer gets to decide everything.. 

NATO mandate is European / North  American Security. Libya & Afghanistan were determined to come within that. Those other areas were not.

Joint France/ USA military anti- terror operations exist in former French West Africa at invitation of those local govts. No Famine in those areas still under French Cultural assistance. 

Explain why these African / Arabian regions had no conflict or famine under colonial rule but unceasing severe conflict & famine when independent with self- government, unrestricted local culture, limitless corruption , failed state. 

“NATO - USA” not involved in Yemen. Their ally Saudi Arabia is fighting their Enemy Iran via Proxy War. NATO assistance to Ukraine is avoiding direct NATO conflict with Russia, as both have nuclear weapons.  

25 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

To say Churchill became PM "just before" Battle of Britain seems to show a depleted understanding of both flow of time and the vital timeline of early WW2.

Churchill became PM on 10th of May. So we have two months of vital events before the traditional start of BoBr.  I leave it up to you to defend how these 8 weeks amount to "just before" in this time period.

Traditional? You make it sound like Christmas!

Beginning in June 1940 and continuing into the next year, the Battle of Britain was fought in the air and endured on the ground. From: The Second World War: Triumph of the Axis (1963), a documentary by Encyclopedia Britannica Educational Corporation.

I think Churchill (and many others) did pretty well in such a short time, especially as there were other "vital events" occurring, don't you? The air battle is generally regarded as being won by the RAF on September 15th, when the Luftwaffe lost 185 aircraft and Operation Sea Lion was postponed, never to be realised.

• Like 2

What does "blue Water/"Brown water" navy have to do with EEZ? Nothing. Nuclear powered submarines don't need port for a year? That is good. ANd so what? Are you telling me that a carrier group can drift on it's own for a year or more without needing port facillities and remain fully combat capable? Really?

"FON" is a law that only applies to the fading US empire and it's UK lapdog. No other nation ever fronts this principle or sees it as an essential comonent to world naval principles.  It is this FON that is being used over and over again to taunt China and try to provoke them into warring in Taiwan strait. Fortunately, Xi remains more interested in continuing to lift people out of powerty (10+ million out of powerty in China the last 10 years) than jumping at the bait of the barking warmongerers of the "West". 

What does "Vikings" have to do with anything? Just another historically inaccurate fiction only someone who are incapable of studying real history takes as factual doctrine. 

You are embarrassing yoursef with all these personal insults and the haughtiness as some kind of bizarre word salad. 

The Ukraine conflict remains over MUCH more than a mere struggle between two neighbors. Nothing illustrates this more than the desperate urge to demonize anyone who observes it differently..

Of course USA is provoking belligerent CCP China into their Taiwan “ bear trap”. Just as NATO lured Russia to bleed out slowly in Ukraine not on NATO soil. THATS THEIR JOB. Includes stampeding Sweden & Finland to join NATO.

Putin never saw that one coming  !!😂🤣😉

NATO are busy protecting the West aggressively against all real threats. not cowering in guilt- ridden shame about colonialism. Check Russians eastward expansion as further “colonialism” example.

You continue supporting gangster war criminals in unfree enslaved Russia against free democratic West.Go live there if you love them so much , if you’re not already there…..  

Emperor Xi interests are POWER & POWER,nothing else.A career bureaucrat, he wouldn’t have any idea or interest in lifting people from poverty. That’s being done by CAPITALISM and started around 1980 under Deng,  a true visionary. The false label of “ Communism” kept only to obscure the necessary state terror framework of naked oppression there.

My writing is in plain English in direct response to your various absurd claims with no need for your silly “what you really mean is” tactic . No idea what this “ Nordic EEZ” is as you’ve never defined it, but Couldn’t Care Less as well off topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You apparently do not comprehend that Luftwaffe in NORWAY played a vital and decisive role. The fact that it lost the battle of Britain several monhts later has nothing to do with this. 

No-one cares about Norway.

Especially a Norway which capitulated to the nazis.