News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

20 hours ago, vlad said:

Rubbish we have not seen or heard of any Mercenaries in our news be it Sky, the BBC or the ITN news. I Can assure you if it was a brit it would be all over our news. I'm still waiting for the link from your Russian news source of the American General that was captured and his name ?? from Mariopul.

either the Times is rubbish or the BBC is hiding this information from you. I don't even know which is worse.

I repeat, you have persistent hallucinations, I did not talk about the arrest of an American general.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I see, so all those corpses then - it's their own fault.? 

And did Putin initially say 1, 2 or 3 days and Russia would have defeated Ukraine.? Don't know how you missed that question. 

Ah, too late I see your friend has already covered this. But I don't accept it anyway. 

these dead, of course, are not to blame for the majority - they are victims of propaganda, a system of social and economic relations.

I didn't miss the question. Putin did not set a date, otherwise you will have to provide confirmation.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Transam said:

We are talking about the Ukraine here, the killing of the innocent over nothing by the Russian leader.

Now if you want to talk about other situations then I suggest you start another thread. 

If you are Russian, you making excuses here doesn't cover up your lots killing spree, and should be ashamed...😏

if you want to talk about communism and its characteristics - create a separate topic.

if you are a reasonable person, you should be ashamed of yourself for copy-pasting propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Talking about Freedom vs Tyranny.
 Not about atrocities or myself.

Every Western European Country has removed Tyrants. Why not Russia ? 

You implied the English have committed atrocities. Name One.

Russian Atrocities over last 100 years were systematic & cultural and often with massive scale & intensity.

probably because Russians are not Western Europeans.  

even when divided by 10, there are 180 million Indians.  It is unlikely that the Russians killed much more.

https://mronline.org/2019/01/15/britain-robbed-india-of-45-trillion-thence-1-8-billion-indians-died-from-deprivation/

• Like 3

12 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Believe few interested in the nonsense useless “Diplomacy” or “peace talks”. 

Putin to GET OUT of all Ukraine with the shooting war concluded by Aggressor RUSSIA, before these terms have any meaning. Russias HUGE Reparations Bill post-war will hopefully see Putin removed and launch Russia towards Democracy…….

Putins delusions of  “feeling threatened” by the actions of free nations which are NONE of Russias business, or “protecting Russians”, are reminiscent of Hitlers thinking or Ivan the Terrible, and in NO WAY form any modern “ justification” for any belligerent military action.

Russian “diplomatic” action of nakedly threatening,even promising, to destroy Sweden & Finland if they quite naturally join NATO, is appalling, like CCP same threats to “ destroy” Taiwan & Japan. FORCE is all they Respect.

Yes, we see statements by high-ranking European officials.

Well, that means the war won't be over anytime soon. Many Ukrainians and Russians will die.

Russians will become 30% poorer, Europeans and Americans 10% poorer, and even more Africans will starve to death.

https://thefrontierpost.com/borrell-this-war-must-be-won-on-the-battlefield/

long live war - the source of economic growth.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Commence that process by dividing people into Civilized Rational & Uncivilized Irrational.  Never going to happen though is it …….

you have already missed this train.  Asian economies will inevitably increase their weight in world GDP.  

And they will not accept your understanding of civility.  

Alas, things are changing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Answering your false statements is not "trolling". However, are you trying to label something here when you cannot win the debate, hoping for some "intervention"?

I do not think neither British nor USA can lecture anyone about neither "war crimes" nor atrocitites. 

Likewise, this confict is NOT about Ukraine vs. Russia. At least not on THIS site. It is about the alteration of the new order. Some people want to COLLECTIVELY ban Russian tourists from Thailand and even have the shamelessness to imply "sanctions" or boycott of the country if they do NOT do everything they can to make life hard for them. 

THAT is what this is about. If you were consistent, there are a lot of nations you would demand to be cancelled out. What changed now?

Edited by NorskTiger
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Of course USA is provoking belligerent CCP China into their Taiwan “ bear trap”. Just as NATO lured Russia to bleed out slowly in Ukraine not on NATO soil. THATS THEIR JOB. Includes stampeding Sweden & Finland to join NATO.

Putin never saw that one coming  !!😂🤣😉

NATO are busy protecting the West aggressively against all real threats. not cowering in guilt- ridden shame about colonialism. Check Russians eastward expansion as further “colonialism” example.

You continue supporting gangster war criminals in unfree enslaved Russia against free democratic West.Go live there if you love them so much , if you’re not already there…..  

Emperor Xi interests are POWER & POWER,nothing else.A career bureaucrat, he wouldn’t have any idea or interest in lifting people from poverty. That’s being done by CAPITALISM and started around 1980 under Deng,  a true visionary. The false label of “ Communism” kept only to obscure the necessary state terror framework of naked oppression there.

My writing is in plain English in direct response to your various absurd claims with no need for your silly “what you really mean is” tactic . No idea what this “ Nordic EEZ” is as you’ve never defined it, but Couldn’t Care Less as well off topic.

Why are you so obsessed about "communism"? When I said China has had 10 million+ lifted out of powerty, it was not done by goodhearted Western altruism...

Whatever China has done in the last 50 years, it is the greatest empowerment of the most amount of people in history. 

You can continue to deny the new events of the world unfolding, until your influence has withered away completely. Don't be mad at me. I am just if the opinion that NATO and in particular USA/UK seem desperate in a need to create conflict and turmoil to try delaying the inevitable. 

Nordic EEZ should be very easy to understand even if not a formal verbatim entity. It is the combined EEZ of Greenland, Faroes, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden. Altoghether, these nations would carry about the 7th largest EEZ in the world. 

These nations can still be NATO members, but on their own terms. This means, NO nuclear weapons, armed forces or NATO posturing on Nordic lands without states of war. This was indeed the rule in Norway for a long time until NATO lobbying enabled a change in this. For this reason, Norway is no longer a nuclear-free zone and neither is the Nordic region. 

WE do not want to be turned into another proxy-domain for the nations who have not experienced a modern war on their own lands and have little knowledge about the sufferings of such. 

Norway, Russia, Finnland, Ukraine KNOW what warfare entails. USA/UK, not so much...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

NATO mandate is European / North  American Security. Libya & Afghanistan were determined to come within that. Those other areas were not.

Joint France/ USA military anti- terror operations exist in former French West Africa at invitation of those local govts. No Famine in those areas still under French Cultural assistance. 

Explain why these African / Arabian regions had no conflict or famine under colonial rule but unceasing severe conflict & famine when independent with self- government, unrestricted local culture, limitless corruption , failed state. 

“NATO - USA” not involved in Yemen. Their ally Saudi Arabia is fighting their Enemy Iran via Proxy War. NATO assistance to Ukraine is avoiding direct NATO conflict with Russia, as both have nuclear weapons.  

So Yemen was not "deemed" to be in NATO's security needs, nbut Libya and Syria was? 

Deemed by who and how? And what about the humanism arguments you guys rant about with Ukraine? Yemenese children in schoolbuses don't deserve such? 

USA could pick up a phone and tell the Saudis to stop this genocide, but they will not. For whatever reason.....

Otherwise, your racist/bigoted lesson about the benefits of colonialism is something I will let be to your own. Do you mean Thailand should also be colonized then? Or is the corruption not high enough for your standards of interventionism?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

probably because Russians are not Western Europeans.  

even when divided by 10, there are 180 million Indians.  It is unlikely that the Russians killed much more.

https://mronline.org/2019/01/15/britain-robbed-india-of-45-trillion-thence-1-8-billion-indians-died-from-deprivation/

No UK Colony made any profit . Much more put in than taken out. Especially India. Infrastructure, buildings, railways, canals, irrigation, unified nation, modernization , institutions etc. Indians dying from famine for 4000 years through corruption & mismanagement before British came. 

Yes, Russians White but more Asian than European thanks to Mongol occupation 250 years….Only the Chinese capable of tyrant/ invader Overthrow in Asia / Africa.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

Yes, we see statements by high-ranking European officials.

Well, that means the war won't be over anytime soon. Many Ukrainians and Russians will die.

Russians will become 30% poorer, Europeans and Americans 10% poorer, and even more Africans will starve to death.

https://thefrontierpost.com/borrell-this-war-must-be-won-on-the-battlefield/

long live war - the source of economic growth.

WELL Worth It to destroy Russian Gangster Nuclear Terror State. Next ? Iran then China/NK. “ Only the Dead have seen the last of War” (Plato)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

So Yemen was not "deemed" to be in NATO's security needs, nbut Libya and Syria was? 

Deemed by who and how? And what about the humanism arguments you guys rant about with Ukraine? Yemenese children in schoolbuses don't deserve such? 

USA could pick up a phone and tell the Saudis to stop this genocide, but they will not. For whatever reason.....

Otherwise, your racist/bigoted lesson about the benefits of colonialism is something I will let be to your own. Do you mean Thailand should also be colonized then? Or is the corruption not high enough for your standards of interventionism?

Explain how the massive modern Colonial Benefits, particularly from UK & France, were “ racist” or “ bigoted” ? Can a railway system or modern cities / ports in place of camel trains & mud huts be racist ? Is the freely joined British Commonwealth of Nations racist or bigoted then ? 

Thailand Colonization by France was prevented by UK who wanted Thailand as Neutral Buffer State between French & British Empires. 

Saudi Arabia would insist to defend their southern border with Yemen against Iran- backed forces. How they are doing it is quite wrong I agree.These people are not enlightened or reasonable like NATO.

Few below top level are party to NATO Intervention deliberations & decisions but I believe NATO Charter criteria would be clear. NATO is rules- based unlike terror- based Russia or China.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

The Spice Girls 

Ha! Well they were harmless & cute.😌

A much- loved “ national treasure” like bands Madness or Queen.

You might have chosen Jimmy Saville from show business instead 😀

seriously, history buffs normally choose the Amritsar Massacre where one temporarily deranged Anglo/ Indian General oversaw the 1919 machine- gunning deaths of at least 400 trapped peaceful protesters by Indian troops.

Which actually proves my point. 
If that isolated single person case is the best available it establishes no systematic UK atrocity culture. Unlike Russia. Highly doubtful if British troops would have obeyed such order too. Just not our thing. Incident led to re-training & reform of Indian Army. That too has never happened in Russia. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

Why are you so obsessed about "communism"? When I said China has had 10 million+ lifted out of powerty, it was not done by goodhearted Western altruism...

Whatever China has done in the last 50 years, it is the greatest empowerment of the most amount of people in history. 

You can continue to deny the new events of the world unfolding, until your influence has withered away completely. Don't be mad at me. I am just if the opinion that NATO and in particular USA/UK seem desperate in a need to create conflict and turmoil to try delaying the inevitable. 

Nordic EEZ should be very easy to understand even if not a formal verbatim entity. It is the combined EEZ of Greenland, Faroes, Iceland, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden. Altoghether, these nations would carry about the 7th largest EEZ in the world. 

These nations can still be NATO members, but on their own terms. This means, NO nuclear weapons, armed forces or NATO posturing on Nordic lands without states of war. This was indeed the rule in Norway for a long time until NATO lobbying enabled a change in this. For this reason, Norway is no longer a nuclear-free zone and neither is the Nordic region. 

WE do not want to be turned into another proxy-domain for the nations who have not experienced a modern war on their own lands and have little knowledge about the sufferings of such. 

Norway, Russia, Finnland, Ukraine KNOW what warfare entails. USA/UK, not so much...

These nations cannot be NATO members on their own terms.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

15 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

you have already missed this train.  Asian economies will inevitably increase their weight in world GDP.  

And they will not accept your understanding of civility.  

Alas, things are changing.

Advanced Democracies are obviously Civilized. East Asia has Japan, S. Korea, Taiwan, Sing. All Western Allies.

Clearly Uncivilized are Russia, China, N. Korea, Burma, Iran, Pakistan, India, Arabia, Africa, Latin America. The United Crap Nations.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fester said:

Please explain how Finland and Sweden with only a Baltic coast (plus Kattegat for Sweden) could have a EEZ in the North Atlantic, whilst the UK with the Shetlands and Ireland not.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

8 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Please explain how Finland and Sweden with only a Baltic coast (plus Kattegat for Sweden) could have a EEZ in the North Atlantic, whilst the UK with the Shetlands and Ireland not.

Nor USA & Canada. Or Portugal France Spain ….😩World trembles at the combined economic might of Greenland, Faroes, Iceland 🤣🤣dominating perhaps the cod fishing market 🤣🤣within this fantasy “Nordic EEZ”. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fester said:

These nations cannot be NATO members on their own terms.

Maybe they could “ opt out” of any shooting stuff too 🤣🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alavan said:

Please explain how you have managed to quote a post not written by me but with my name on it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Explain how the massive modern Colonial Benefits, particularly from UK & France, were “ racist” or “ bigoted” ? Can a railway system or modern cities / ports in place of camel trains & mud huts be racist ?

Hint: They weren't built for the benefit of the Indians, but to make exploitation of resources  more efficient & profitable.

... and, of course, no atrocities were ever committed under the rule of civilised, democratic Britain in India, Africa nor elsewhere. 🤣

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, astro said:

Hint: They weren't built for the benefit of the Indians, but to make exploitation of resources  more efficient & profitable.

... and, of course, no atrocities were ever committed under the rule of civilised, democratic Britain in India, Africa nor elsewhere. 🤣

Mutually Beneficial of course then left for entire future benefit of natives.

There were several small scale non- systemic atrocities by local commanders or soldiers , often in response to lethal native actions, who were investigated & punished. Then reforms instituted to prevent repetition.

No Comparison to Russian / Chinese Communist systematic murder of millions and large scale Russian atrocities in Syria, Chechnya & Ukraine.