baked beans, price is ridiculous, Im done buying them

Lowseasonlover

If this is in the wrong place then move it, 

I'm not buying any more, I didn't realise how the price had jumped I just picked them off the shelf, Not only has the price jumped the can is half empty, when I open the next one I will drain the sauce off and lets see how many beans, I fell for that one at Makro, 

Screenshot_2024-04-08-12-27-55-322_com.makromangoapp.production.jpg.4c8bef69f55f50f8f984e75508bd1455.jpg

• Thanks 1

I pay 130 for Branston, quality bake beans, imported,  at my local Farag food shop. The OP is out of his mind buying that crap quality, at any price, let alone that one.

Nothing wrong with them, Im going buy my own beans and get her indoors to make them, 

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

If this is in the wrong place then move it, 

I'm not buying any more, I didn't realise how the price had jumped I just picked them off the shelf, Not only has the price jumped the can is half empty, when I open the next one I will drain the sauce off and lets see how many beans, I fell for that one at Makro, 

Screenshot_2024-04-08-12-27-55-322_com.makromangoapp.production.jpg.4c8bef69f55f50f8f984e75508bd1455.jpg

Hienz baked beans in UK are about 64 Thai Baht per tin.

Most spurious brands are sold as loss leaders

I make my own - not as cheap but the real thing - Boston Baked Baens

Right that's it bean's on toast in Soi Buakhao tomorrow morning before the Chav's start with the water fights.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cowslip said:

Hienz baked beans in UK are about 64 Thai Baht per tin.

Most spurious brands are sold as loss leaders

I make my own - not as cheap but the real thing - Boston Baked Baens

I grew up on B&M baked beans ! Far more expensive to buy here than the Heinz in tomato sauce. Which is imop a disaster when making Hot dogs & beans smothered in fried onions 

image.png.884fbd2d4d92523a4ea5fee1c849149e.png
image.jpeg.c1c0db03daa280747b3cc3692cf64082.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

I grew up on B&M baked beans ! Far more expensive to buy here than the Heinz in tomato sauce. Which is imop a disaster when making Hot dogs & beans smothered in fried onions 

image.png.884fbd2d4d92523a4ea5fee1c849149e.png
image.jpeg.c1c0db03daa280747b3cc3692cf64082.jpeg

Your are American - not what they are talking aboout.

10 hours ago, Scooter said:

Which son of satan buys Ayam beans, gotta be the worst I have ever tried.

10 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I pay 130 for Branston, quality bake beans, imported,  at my local Farag food shop. The OP is out of his mind buying that crap quality, at any price, let alone that one.

I understand , but they are also the only  ones who offer a reduced sodium, and sugar version. My local Lotus only stocks this option if I want something less sugary than regular beans: Sugar- 3.2 v 6.9 g.  /100g Sodium 216 mg v. 298 mg/100g.  Every little reduction helps.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vigo said:

I understand , but they are also the only  ones who offer a reduced sodium, and sugar version. My local Lotus only stocks this option if I want something less sugary than regular beans: Sugar- 3.2 v 6.9 g.  /100g Sodium 216 mg v. 298 mg/100g.  Every little reduction helps.    

Fair enough, I try to do the same, just not with baked beans.