What happened to all you Football Fans?

Lowseasonlover

The Toon might be a bit leggy on Saturday, but I still expect them to roll Fulham over.

Big day on Sunday, three games especially:

Arsenal vs Brighton - The Seagulls love the opposition to come at them, so the Gunners are perfect. The midfield battle could go either way. Possession stats will be just as interesting as the result!

Burney vs Everton - Hopefully Dyche gets a warm reception, he deserves it. Some players lining up against their former club maybe not so much. A lot to play for.

Liverpool vs Man United - Used to be the premier fixture of the season, now not so much. Will the Red Devils lift themselves out of their slumber and take Klopp and Co. down a peg or two? I hope so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigHewer said:

The Toon might be a bit leggy on Saturday, but I still expect them to roll Fulham over.

Big day on Sunday, three games especially:

Arsenal vs Brighton - The Seagulls love the opposition to come at them, so the Gunners are perfect. The midfield battle could go either way. Possession stats will be just as interesting as the result!

Burney vs Everton - Hopefully Dyche gets a warm reception, he deserves it. Some players lining up against their former club maybe not so much. A lot to play for.

Liverpool vs Man United - Used to be the premier fixture of the season, now not so much. Will the Red Devils lift themselves out of their slumber and take Klopp and Co. down a peg or two? I hope so.

Lets hope Fulham are not on a roll 2, 5 nil wins,

As for Liverpool v United it's gone from bad to worse, No Maguire or Shaw plus the others, No Bruno and looks like Rashford and Martial have thrown in a sickie, no sad loss some would say based on recent performances. 

Is this the final nail in the coffin for Ten Haag? 

Who will he pick as captain? if Verane plays I guess him, 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 6:04 PM, Lowseasonlover said:

Lets hope Fulham are not on a roll 2, 5 nil wins,

As for Liverpool v United it's gone from bad to worse, No Maguire or Shaw plus the others, No Bruno and looks like Rashford and Martial have thrown in a sickie, no sad loss some would say based on recent performances. 

Is this the final nail in the coffin for Ten Haag? 

Who will he pick as captain? if Verane plays I guess him, 

Great win for the Toon, the most straightforward fixture of the week.

Man United showed a lot of resilience at the back, understandably bossed in midfield, but I think McTominay is a good choice for the armband.

The dust up at the end of Brentford-Villa was a doozie, could have been 5 red cards in that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnapDragon said:

How did Pool not win? Anyone looking just at the stats would say 'easy victory'.

poolvunited.png.a9bb43ee495bddc72eee6fbc6747a25c.png

I watched the extended highlights this morning. Ten Haag would definitely be the happier of the two managers, despite the red at the end.

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I watched the extended highlights this morning. Ten Haag would definitely be the happier of the two managers, despite the red at the end.

Nunez should have had a red he booted the ball away then clapping at the ref, Im going to watch it again but I think Dalot was right it was a United throw in, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

That's what I thought as well

No Christmas parties for Newcastle this year, EH just said on talk sport 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I reckon Villa blew that one could have gone top for a couple days, 

Yeah they fluffed their lines for sure. 

Wilder has tightened up the Blades defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I reckon Villa blew that one could have gone top for a couple days, 

Both Seagulls and Villa must be kicking themselves. But fair dues to the Blades. They were getting smashed by everyone earlier in the season. Still a long way from safety though.

City 4-0 champs of the world. Can't say I'm particularly excited about it. Think other English clubs have done it before. Great if you are a City fan I guess.

Some great match-ups today.

2-0 - Irons v United. Irons to win this one. United were so lucky not to get hammered at Pool. Their luck will run out today.

4-1 - Fulham  v Clarets. Cottagers to hit the goal trail again.

2-2 - Luton v Toon. Game of the day for me. Hatters hanging on by their fingertips. Toon desperate to get back in the mix at the top.

2-3 - Forest v Cherries. Plenty of goals. Close one.

1-2 - Spurs v Everton. Born again Toffeez to shock the lane. Remember Bill Nick's first game as manager? 10-4 to Spurs. If I'm wrong, and Spurs look like winning, I reckon ''10-4, 10-4'' will be chanted; loudly. Anything to rub fan's noses in it.

0-0 - Pool v Arsenal. The Gunners will do a United on them.

Tomorrow.

0-2 - Wolves v Chelsea. Can't get over-enthused over this mid-table clash. Think Wolves beat the Blues 8-1 in 1959. Can't see that again. But it's football; yer never know ?!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SnapDragon said:

I think the last 5 games at Liverpool have been draws 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I think the last 5 games at Liverpool have been draws 

Make that 6 then.

Anfield has lost its 'fear factor'.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SnapDragon said:

Both Seagulls and Villa must be kicking themselves. But fair dues to the Blades. They were getting smashed by everyone earlier in the season. Still a long way from safety though.

City 4-0 champs of the world. Can't say I'm particularly excited about it. Think other English clubs have done it before. Great if you are a City fan I guess.

2-0 - Irons v United. Irons to win this one. United were so lucky not to get hammered at Pool. Their luck will run out today.

2-2 - Luton v Toon. Game of the day for me. Hatters hanging on by their fingertips. Toon desperate to get back in the mix at the top.

1-2 - Spurs v Everton. Born again Toffeez to shock the lane. Remember Bill Nick's first game as manager? 10-4 to Spurs. If I'm wrong, and Spurs look like winning, I reckon ''10-4, 10-4'' will be chanted; loudly. Anything to rub fan's noses in it.

Tomorrow.

0-2 - Wolves v Chelsea. Can't get over-enthused over this mid-table clash. Think Wolves beat the Blues 8-1 in 1959. Can't see that again. But it's football; yer never know ?!

Dear me! My mind is lost in the passages and passing of time.

That 8-1 thrashing of Chelsea was in 1953. Not 1959.

There have been some very decent scores between these rivals though.

First match ever; 1908. Chelsea won 1-2. The Londoners were very dominant in those days. Wolves only won 1 of the first 15 encounters.

In the 1930s, quite a few games with at least 6 goals.

After WW11, WW won a 10 goal thriller 6-4 in 1947.

The 1950s were Wolves best decade by far; winning the league 3 times. And they liked playing west London teams. 9-0 v Fulham and the 8-1.

Other notable games against the Blues;

1951 - 5-3

1953 - 8-1

1958 - 6-2

1960 - 6-1

1962 - 4-5

1975 - 7-1

More recently;

2004 - 2-5

2019 - 5-2

Could we have another of those goal feasts this w/e?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SnapDragon said:

Tomorrow.

2-1 Irons v United - I think United will HAVE to go forward and show some intent. Still think the Hammers will edge it. 

3-0 Fulham v Clarets. I don’t where Burnley’s goals will come from. 

1-2 Luton v Toon. Fancy Luton to grab a goal but I think the Toon will have too much for them. Trippier will be on a mission to make amends for his last run out. 

1-0 Forest v Cherries. Going for the old “new manager bounce” here.

3-1 Spurs v Everton. I can’t see the Toffees dealing with Ange’s high press.

3-2 Pool v Gunners. Too much pride to park the bus, both fancy themselves as champions elect. I see goals on the counter in this one. Maybe a red card or two as well.

2-1 Wolves v Chelsea. Still not convinced by Poch’s revival and Wolves have been playing some good football.

As for Man City, well, it’s good to see an English team win it, but I’m no fan of them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BigHewer said:

A bit of a hit and miss yesterday.

Got the Irons one spot on. Hopelessly wrong with the Fulham, Burnley game. I fancied the Hatters to not lose, so went for the draw. Wrong again. I did predict (at the start of the season) that Luton would do well at home, and avoid dropping straight back. Perhaps this is a pointer. Toon!! What has happened to you? Spot on at Forest. Not always easy to get a 2-3 correct. Completely wrong at the lane. Spurs into top 4 after the 2-1 win. Gunners did not do a United on Pool. But held their own in the 1-1. Very even on the stats. Correct result?

In the Championship, two thumping wins for Peacocks and Foxes. Top 4 go well clear of the pack. Could we have the unique situation where the three promoted teams go back down and the three relegated come straight back up? It's not so probable, but not impossible. ''It's a funny old game'', as Jimmy one said.

• Like 2

Watched 3 games, extended highlights of the others.

Luton 1-0 Toon - Very leggy the lads. I thought the festive period might be hard for them. Quality is there but they look tired. That squad is very thin, too many minutes under their belts. Fair play to the Hatters.

Spurs 2-1 Everton - End to end, what a game. Oohs and aahs from the crowd for 90 minutes. Spurs really do play some good stuff. Toffees went toe to toe with them in stages, quality game, in contrast to...

Hammers 2-0 Man United - What a snoozefest. How are both of these teams in the top half? Even the crowd. A soft half-time style murmur through most of the game. A lot of them had lost interest and were talking about Christmas lunch.

Forest 2-3 Cherries - Solanke hat-trick, but the ref was Bournemouth's best player. at the City Ground no less. I'll bet he got straight back on the M1 back to London after the game. He wouldn't want to show his face at the local chippie, that's for sure.

Fulham 0-2 Burnley - Won the match and won the crowd as well. If any game encapsulates the north vs south stereotype in the Premier League, this was it. The golf-clapping Fulham fans completely drowned out by the rowdy clarets fans

Pool 1-1 Arsenal - Fair result, but to be fair was on too late and I was half asleep.

• Like 2

Another forecast wrong. Thought Chelsea would at least get a draw. How the once mighty have slipped away. Bloody good thing in my book.

C'on you Toon, Villa and Seagulls. Cherries and Irons even. Their invincibility has gone. Take advantage. Get in there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SnapDragon said:

Another forecast wrong. Thought Chelsea would at least get a draw. How the once mighty have slipped away. Bloody good thing in my book.

C'on you Toon, Villa and Seagulls. Cherries and Irons even. Their invincibility has gone. Take advantage. Get in there.

Chelsea lost me a few weeks ago. I think they've got the same ego and sulky player issues that are affecting United. They spent a lot of money on a lot of rubbish, that's for sure.

I rate O'Neil as a manager too, happy to see Wolves pick up the win.

• Like 2