What happened to all you Football Fans?

Lowseasonlover

32 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I was stunned when I opened my ipad this morning seeing the result 3-0 I guess there is hope, all 3 forwards scored which is a step in the right direction and a clean sheet, so that's 6 clean sheets this season for Onana, most in the league I think, 

Not sure if you're familiar with it, but for these later games, I watch the highlights on https://hoofoot.com/

The site doesn't show any scores and the highlights packages are good, line-ups, preview, all the chances, near misses. Everton vs Man U was 16 minutes. Worth a look if you're interested.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Not sure if you're familiar with it, but for these later games, I watch the highlights on https://hoofoot.com/

The site doesn't show any scores and the highlights packages are good, line-ups, preview, all the chances, near misses. Everton vs Man U was 16 minutes. Worth a look if you're interested.

Cheers for that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Next lot of PL games, seems like all the best ones will be on Sunday, 

pl4.png

pl5.png

So early in the season I know, but Clarets v Blades is a relegation issue.

But, I make you right about Sunday LSL. The Toon, Chelsea and City matches will be crackers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sticky said:

So early in the season I know, but Clarets v Blades is a relegation issue.

But, I make you right about Sunday LSL. The Toon, Chelsea and City matches will be crackers.

Agreed, three absolute belters.

Chelsea will have to have a go against the seagulls, which is just what they want and means we're going to see some brutal countering.

Like for Man City when they face Spurs. Will Postecoglou play an ultra-high line at the Etihad? Goals in this one.

And the red devils off to the Toon. I think they'll find the magpies a whole different away proposition to the Toffees. Injury trouble for Newcastle though but I still predict a win.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Sheeeeeeeeet Newcastle were robbed there, I woke up at half time, come on you can do it, 

Ridiculous. No way that's a penalty. And 8 minutes into stoppage time. What a joke.

• Like 1

The three relegated clubs; Foxes, Peacocks and Saints occupy three of the top four places in the Championship. Can Tractors stop a triple return?

Owls get a decent point, at home, against Foxes last evening. Well adrift of the pack though. Their neighbours Rotherham don't look too healthy either.

Gunners hit the Frenchies for 6.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sticky said:

The three relegated clubs; Foxes, Peacocks and Saints occupy three of the top four places in the Championship. Can Tractors stop a triple return?

Owls get a decent point, at home, against Foxes last evening. Well adrift of the pack though. Their neighbours Rotherham don't look too healthy either.

Gunners hit the Frenchies for 6.

Will be good to see Ipswich back in the top flight. Don't want  to see the same three teams yo yoing back and forth.

11 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Will be good to see Ipswich back in the top flight. Don't want  to see the same three teams yo yoing back and forth.

Make you right there BH.

Last season I didn't think that any clubs were 'bad enough' to go down, and had the feeling that a couple of them would come straight back.

For me, the Foxes are a genuine EPL team, and I'm pretty sure they will get straight back. Tractors are looking good for sure. Who else? Sunderland and Boro have both looked good at times; but have slipped a bit. Baggies are on a decent run. What about Hull returning?

So, for me, it's Foxes, and either Saints or Tractors for auto. Any one from 10 for the third spot; at the mo'.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Kieran McKenna is doing an amazing job at Ipswich, lets hope he gets the backing needed 

Agreed!

If I'm not mistaken there have only been two clubs since the footy started in England, where a promoted club has won the top flight at first attempt. Tractors came up in 60/61 and won in 61/62.

It would be pretty unique if the three promoted teams from last season swapped places with the three relegated. Could happen! Possibly Tractors and Hatters might buck that.

In English footy generally, I take a great interest in the top 7 divisions. There is a team named Aveley**, near the top of NLSth. A wonderful achievement if this club can get promoted to the NL. At the top end we have Brighton and Bournemouth holding their own. Just fantastic!

** Not many would even know where this village is. I played kick-about footy on their ground in the 1960s.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Agreed!

If I'm not mistaken there have only been two clubs since the footy started in England, where a promoted club has won the top flight at first attempt. Tractors came up in 60/61 and won in 61/62.

It would be pretty unique if the three promoted teams from last season swapped places with the three relegated. Could happen! Possibly Tractors and Hatters might buck that.

In English footy generally, I take a great interest in the top 7 divisions. There is a team named Aveley**, near the top of NLSth. A wonderful achievement if this club can get promoted to the NL. At the top end we have Brighton and Bournemouth holding their own. Just fantastic!

** Not many would even know where this village is. I played kick-about footy on their ground in the 1960s.

I am from Manchester and I have been following a local team for the last few years, not been going long but they are doing well they have had a couple of promotions up the ladder and last week beat the team at the top of the table at their ground, The club is run on a fan ownership model, I just looked they started life early 2020 now sit 3rd with 3 games in hand 9 points behind the leaders, they play some good football 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sticky said:

So, for me, it's Foxes, and either Saints or Tractors for auto. Any one from 10 for the third spot; at the mo'.

The Foxes and tractor boys are nailed on I’d say, 3rd spot is a lottery. Would like to see PNE get in there, just as a nod to top flight history as first ever champions. Probably the Baggies though in my opinion.

Speaking of the Baggies, I used to be active on the old 606 football forums 20 years ago, discontinued now. Are you familiar with it? The West Brom section was where I ended up posting the most, all decent, informed banter much like this thread. On the other end, Arsenal was a cesspool of toxicity,  put me off the Gunners for years.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I am from Manchester and I have been following a local team for the last few years,

Which team is that, LSL?

My Tranmere Rovers still plodding along, going nowhere as usual.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:31 PM, Pinetree said:

Yep, they were real men in those days, on a minimum wage, playing for the fun of it, now, not so much.  I watched my last game of football at age 12, at White Hart Lane, mid winter, cold miserable and if I recall correctly it was a nil nil draw.  That was the end of football watching for me. 

White hart lane? Never met a English man who is a Tottenham fand What is a hotspur anyway?

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

The Foxes and tractor boys are nailed on I’d say, 3rd spot is a lottery. Would like to see PNE get in there, just as a nod to top flight history as first ever champions. Probably the Baggies though in my opinion.

Speaking of the Baggies, I used to be active on the old 606 football forums 20 years ago, discontinued now. Are you familiar with it? The West Brom section was where I ended up posting the most, all decent, informed banter much like this thread. On the other end, Arsenal was a cesspool of toxicity,  put me off the Gunners for years.

One of the best players United ever had came from WB, Robson, 

• Like 1

Just now, Mamachigawa said:

White hart lane? Never met a English man who is a Tottenham fand What is a hotspur anyway?

I'm not, I can't stand the game. 

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Which team is that, LSL?

Stretford Paddock F.C. run by a bunch of United fans, they have a couple of good YT channels obviously all about United. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Stretford Paddock F.C. run by a bunch of United fans, they have a couple of good YT channels obviously all about United. 

Ah I see. Not FC United of Manchester then 😎

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Which team is that, LSL?

My Tranmere Rovers still plodding along, going nowhere as usual.

As a kid back in the 60's I lived nearer to Oldham Athletics' ground the old Boundary Park so we used to go there quite a lot, I think I witnessed their biggest win against Southport it was on boxing day, something about that ground being the highest ground in the football league, not there no more moved to another place, 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mamachigawa said:

Tottenham Hotspur have sported a cockerel on the club crest since the 1921 FA Cup final. The history of the cockerel is similar to the history of the Spurs nickname in regards to the fact that they both began with Harry Hotspur.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I witnessed their biggest win against Southport it was on boxing day

Seem to be a lot of big scores on Boxing Day. 1962 in this case (I looked it up). Before the big freeze then.

• Like 2