What happened to all you Football Fans?

Lowseasonlover

What happened to all you Football Fans? everybody seems to have faded away,

I guess we can start again with the PL back in action this weekend, battle for the top Liverpool v City,

What's your prediction? mine 2-2 draw 

6 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I guess we can start again with the PL back in action this weekend

Thank heavens for that. International break is a PITA.

City for mine 3-1.

• Like 1

The Americans know our game as soccer. Their game is football.

I'm only interested in the game you (LSL) refer to as football or footy.

Right then.

3-1 - City - Pool

0-2 - Clarets - Irons

2-1 - Hatters - Palace

1-2 - Toon - Blues

2-3 - Forest - Seagulls

1-1 - Blades - Cherries

2-2 - Bees - Gunners

1-1 - Spurs - Villa

1-2 - Toffeez - United

2-0 - Fulham - Wolves

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sticky said:

Right then.

3-1 - City - Pool

0-2 - Clarets - Irons

2-1 - Hatters - Palace

1-2 - Toon - Blues

2-3 - Forest - Seagulls

1-1 - Blades - Cherries

2-2 - Bees - Gunners

1-1 - Spurs - Villa

1-2 - Toffeez - United

2-0 - Fulham - Wolves

Game on ⚽

3-1 - City - Pool

1-2 - Clarets - Irons

1-2 - Hatters - Palace

2-1 - Toon - Blues

2-2 - Forest - Seagulls

2-1 - Blades - Cherries

1-2 - Bees - Gunners

2-1 - Spurs - Villa

1-1 - Toffeez - United

1-1 - Fulham - Wolves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sticky said:

Right then.

3-1 - City - Pool

0-2 - Clarets - Irons

2-1 - Hatters - Palace

1-2 - Toon - Blues

2-3 - Forest - Seagulls

1-1 - Blades - Cherries

2-2 - Bees - Gunners

1-1 - Spurs - Villa

1-2 - Toffeez - United

2-0 - Fulham - Wolves

You have more confidence than I have United 2-1 predict the scores? 

• Haha 1

Man United could soon welcome left-back Luke Shaw back into the matchday squad after confirming that he has returned to training.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Man United could soon welcome left-back Luke Shaw back into the matchday squad after confirming that he has returned to training.

I wonder which Luke Shaw we'll be getting, the world class Solskjaer version or the utterly useless Mourinho one. 🤔

48 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Game on ⚽

3-1 - City - Pool

1-2 - Clarets - Irons

1-2 - Hatters - Palace

2-1 - Toon - Blues

2-2 - Forest - Seagulls

2-1 - Blades - Cherries

1-2 - Bees - Gunners

2-1 - Spurs - Villa

1-1 - Toffeez - United

1-1 - Fulham - Wolves

Only one thing to say BH. Get onto a wager-site and do an accumulator. For what? Every team to score. A fiver gets you back 10k.

All EPL fans will by now know that the three promoted teams, from last season, are the bottom three in the EPL. I don't hold the pessimism about The Hatters (Luton). I think they will pull through by getting points at home. Starting this w/e. The other two are doomed. Sorry Blades and Clarets, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

City v Pool. The biggest game in the season for me. City to take the honours; 3-1. Same as you I note BH.

Let's get the footy quizzes back on line. I know a man who can,,,,.

20 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Only one thing to say BH. Get onto a wager-site and do an accumulator. For what? Every team to score. A fiver gets you back 10k.

Now we can expect a few nil-nils this weekend 😐

• Like 1

EPL is my number one football interest.  Too many non-EPL breaks and games is distracting focus upon this EPL season.  Start, stop, start, stop,....   

And adding to more player injuries.

Edited by Uptown
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sticky said:

All EPL fans will by now know that the three promoted teams, from last season, are the bottom three in the EPL. I don't hold the pessimism about The Hatters (Luton). I think they will pull through by getting points at home. Starting this w/e. The other two are doomed. Sorry Blades and Clarets, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

City v Pool. The biggest game in the season for me. City to take the honours; 3-1. Same as you I note BH.

Let's get the footy quizzes back on line. I know a man who can,,,,.

I think you will find the biggest game is still United v Liverpool, viewing figures, 

14 minutes ago, Uptown said:

EPL is my number one football interest.  Too many non-EPL breaks and games is distracting focus upon this EPL season.  Start, stop, start, stop,....   

And adding to more player injuries.

Welcome to TT, give us a clue, what time are you rooting for? 

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

I wonder which Luke Shaw we'll be getting, the world class Solskjaer version or the utterly useless Mourinho one. 🤔

Ten Haag one....? he's been told stay off the Burger Kings 

love the NFL, dislike soccer. NFL, played by real men, mostly college Grads, usually 6 foot 6 in, 300lb monsters trying to kill each other. Soccer played by largely illiterate, stick thin, precious,  Barbie,  pussies, (and not the nice kind) acting like they have just been killed when someone just touches them. 

Cue the hate Police 🤣 

• Haha 1

Uptown is a Chelsea FC supporter, but finding the Boehly-era Chelsea team a hard watch. 

I try to watch all the EPL teams so as to figure out how they and doing and know the players they have.  Also, I have an EPL fantasy league team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uptown said:

Uptown is a Chelsea FC supporter, but finding the Boehly-era Chelsea team a hard watch. 

I try to watch all the EPL teams so as to figure out how they and doing and know the players they have.  Also, I have an EPL fantasy league team.

That post made me really sad, like watching a puppy with a broken leg. 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Uptown said:

Certainly a mixed bag, how do you think Poch will do, 

17 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I think you will find the biggest game is still United v Liverpool, viewing figures, 

You are probably right there LSL

But, there have only been two clubs as champions since Chelsea in 2016/17.

I can go back to the early 1960s. The biggest game in the programme was Spurs v United. Later it was Peacocks v Pool. For years in the EPL it was Gunners v United. In this era, we should include City. So, as I say, for me, it is Pool v City.

4 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Certainly a mixed bag, how do you think Poch will do, 

If he doesn't get fired, I think Poch will develop a competitive team sometime next season.  CFC are far from being a top team.  A lot of trial and error is involved with young and injured players.  Colwell and Caicedo look good to me.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

love the NFL, dislike soccer. NFL, played by real men, mostly college Grads, usually 6 foot 6 in, 300lb monsters trying to kill each other. Soccer played by largely illiterate, stick thin, precious,  Barbie,  pussies, (and not the nice kind) acting like they have just been killed when someone just touches them. 

Cue the hate Police 🤣 

You are not completely wrong in that post Mr P.

Nobody outside the US can even understand the rules of American Football.

I can recall the 1960s very well. Three games in a week was the norm. Pitches were hard on the players. Money has changed things. Now, it is more important to preserve the wages than risk a broken leg. So, the game has changed, and although the pitches have improved, playacting has moved in big-time.

itsbeensnowing.jpg.66a9a577b105de5c839089d91cb15b7e.jpgJackKelsey1955big.png.bdbe297eaf95101ff650c81227b268a6.png1979SouthendvPool.jpg.dbbf7a4e318d57c481803cacef315927.jpg1947-CharltonvHuddersfield.png.1532f88199123ea0ee868a1faed12160.png

And one for Blue's fans!

PBrabrookvRalphGubbinsBolton.jpg.37039d50251e92149e6076db46416fff.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sticky said:

You are not completely wrong in that post Mr P.

Nobody outside the US can even understand the rules of American Football.

I can recall the 1960s very well. Three games in a week was the norm. Pitches were hard on the players. Money has changed things. Now, it is more important to preserve the wages than risk a broken leg. So, the game has changed, and although the pitches have improved, playacting has moved in big-time.

itsbeensnowing.jpg.66a9a577b105de5c839089d91cb15b7e.jpgJackKelsey1955big.png.bdbe297eaf95101ff650c81227b268a6.png1979SouthendvPool.jpg.dbbf7a4e318d57c481803cacef315927.jpg1947-CharltonvHuddersfield.png.1532f88199123ea0ee868a1faed12160.png

And one for Blue's fans!

PBrabrookvRalphGubbinsBolton.jpg.37039d50251e92149e6076db46416fff.jpg

Yep, they were real men in those days, on a minimum wage, playing for the fun of it, now, not so much.  I watched my last game of football at age 12, at White Hart Lane, mid winter, cold miserable and if I recall correctly it was a nil nil draw.  That was the end of football watching for me. 

• Like 1