News Forum - Bangkok man arrested for luring underage teen (video)

Thaiger

The five month ordeal for a family came to a head when police arrested a 24 year old man, infamously known as “Frame Wave125,” for allegedly luring a teenage girl to live with him at a construction site. This arrest followed a dramatic chase, with police finding an improvised firearm during the search of the … …

The story Bangkok man arrested for luring underage teen (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

At first look I thought, from the headline, someone had nabbed an actual pervert, or predator.

Sex and relationships with someone who is only about a decade older or younger than yourself, is normal anywhere in the world.

When I was only 14 I didn't see myself as a child, but didn't want to be an adult either. And I didn't see a 24 year old as an adult, because they weren't old enough to be my dad.

When I was 24 I still felt the same way, and 14 wasn't a child. Think of what 14 year olds get up to. They're not babies, some of them are mums and dads. In parts of the world, 14 year olds are on the battlefield.

I would have gone off with a 24 year old at 14, and a 14 year old when I was 24. Very few people would care, unless hypothetically, the older of us was in a position of authority. And I don't think construction work compares in that regard, to teaching or social work.

So yea, without looking at the video, This looks like a sad imitation of Western bullshit... blaming young people for being young, media fuelling paranoia about personal relationships, the police meddling in purely personal things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

On yea a pen gun, I suppose that's horrific. Young guys do d**k around with weapons. It's the nature of men, especially in their youth, and that's why the media glorifies weapons in the first place. So yea, he sounds like a normal 24 year old lad.

Edited by LeReynard

3 hours ago, LeReynard said:

This looks like a sad imitation of Western bullshit... blaming young people for being young, media fuelling paranoia about personal relationships, the police meddling in purely personal things.

So the police get to choose when to 'meddle in purely personal things' OR do they prosecute a breach of the law? IF a law is not suitable then campaign to change it don't expect the police to ignore it because it suits you. Just so we are clear where I stand on 24 year old men having sex with 14 year old children if this had happened to my daughter at 14 I would hve castrated the paedophile.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

So the police get to choose when to 'meddle in purely personal things' OR do they prosecute a breach of the law? IF a law is not suitable then campaign to change it don't expect the police to ignore it because it suits you. Just so we are clear where I stand on 24 year old men having sex with 14 year old children if this had happened to my daughter at 14 I would hve castrated the paedophile.

But what would you have thought, when you were yourself 24?

How can it be anything like paedophilia, if there isn't enough age gap, for the girl to be his child?

Police by the way, around the world, are reluctant to intervene in domestic sagas. They're also not obliged to chase up or act on every victimless crime committed, or they'd need infinite resources to handle everything, no?

Edited by LeReynard
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ChrisS said:

So the police get to choose when to 'meddle in purely personal things' OR do they prosecute a breach of the law?

Honestly mate, I don't think that was LeReynard's position at all.  It was more of a comment on the influence of Western culture that led to this type of law.

11 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Just so we are clear where I stand on 24 year old men having sex with 14 year old children if this had happened to my daughter at 14 I would hve castrated the paedophile.

Your views on  your daughter aside, while a 14-year old is a legal minor, whether they are a child is purely a matter of subjectivity and relative maturity.  And just to be accurate, someone who is attracted to young people, say in the range of 11-14 isn't a pedophile, they are a hebephile.

And let's be further clear.  This obviously was a case of her wanting to be with him as she clearly demonstrated repeated efforts to do so.  The remark by the cop of "deceiving minors" wasn't even close to what seemed to be happening here.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Honestly mate, I don't think that was LeReynard's position at all.  It was more of a comment on the influence of Western culture that led to this type of law.

Your views on  your daughter aside, while a 14-year old is a legal minor, whether they are a child is purely a matter of subjectivity and relative maturity.  And just to be accurate, someone who is attracted to young people, say in the range of 11-14 isn't a pedophile, they are a hebephile.

And let's be further clear.  This obviously was a case of her wanting to be with him as she clearly demonstrated repeated efforts to do so.  The remark by the cop of "deceiving minors" wasn't even close to what seemed to be happening here.

Mr Stretch is correct about my intention. And remember the absence in Asia, of crap like this from the culture, is part of the appeal of Thailand to many of us.

Hysteria and paranoia about youth, particularly their sexuality, is something only idiot Westerners usually do. Extreme negative attitudes like calling this Thai a paedophile, results from a recent fad because no one British or American would have cared in the 1970s, 80s, or 90s. No one would care in Holland, Germany, Italy, or Spain either.

Such crap should not be wasting police time, should it? That and, I repeat, I sincerely believe police should not harass people for things that are, in fact, socially acceptable.

The ecological construct named hebephilia that Mr Stretch mentioned, however, I don't believe in, because the nature of puberty means attraction to early pubescents, is variously paedophilic or non-paedophilic.

As a point of reference, its regarded normal for adults of any age to be attracted to young people who are at Tanner Stage 3. Most 14 year olds are obviously perceived by adults, and reflexively so, as adults. 

19 hours ago, LeReynard said:

But what would you have thought, when you were yourself 24?

At 24 I was attracted to girls of about age 20 and certainly felt no attraction for children of 14.

How can it be anything like paedophilia, if there isn't enough age gap, for the girl to be his child?

So if a 15 year old boy has sex with a 5 year old girl that is not Paedophilia after all "there isn't enough age gap for the girl to be his child"

They're also not obliged to chase up or act on every victimless crime committed,

If the age of consent in Thailand is 15 then it seems to me it is statutory rape and regardless of her 'views' the 14 year old child IS a victim.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

At 24 I was attracted to girls of about age 20 and certainly felt no attraction for children of 14.

Really? You could always tell a 20 year old apart from a minor, could you? Did you always check her age?

What is your age? Because people only say things like this, as they get older...

The guy is 24 and the girl is 15. When we compare to some adults where the man is 70 plus hardly can stand and the girl is 30 plus where she is at her peak, this young couple looks normal in their life once they grow older. Further if the guy is having a good income and steady job, always giving money to the in-laws, would they complain any? Definetly not. They will embrace him with 10 arms. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2024 at 3:51 PM, LeReynard said:

At first look I thought, from the headline, someone had nabbed an actual pervert, or predator.

Sex and relationships with someone who is only about a decade older or younger than yourself, is normal anywhere in the world.

When I was only 14 I didn't see myself as a child, but didn't want to be an adult either. And I didn't see a 24 year old as an adult, because they weren't old enough to be my dad.

When I was 24 I still felt the same way, and 14 wasn't a child. Think of what 14 year olds get up to. They're not babies, some of them are mums and dads. In parts of the world, 14 year olds are on the battlefield.

I would have gone off with a 24 year old at 14, and a 14 year old when I was 24. Very few people would care, unless hypothetically, the older of us was in a position of authority. And I don't think construction work compares in that regard, to teaching or social work.

So yea, without looking at the video, This looks like a sad imitation of Western bullshit... blaming young people for being young, media fuelling paranoia about personal relationships, the police meddling in purely personal things.

Sounds like a pedophilias' Charter to me. It cannot be excused, no matter how hard you try. 24 is an adult,. 14 is a child. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Sounds like a pedophilias' Charter to me. It cannot be excused, no matter how hard you try. 24 is an adult,. 14 is a child. 

14 is a (fertile) adult, but I will concede, not entirely a grown up. The problem is the teen phase of brain growth, is not over until probably somewhere, between 25 to 30. So someone aged 24 is at the other end of the youth demographic. They are both young adults, at an immature age.

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Just to get a bit of context, today it's reported a Thai teenager, another 14 year old no less, was arrested smuggling methamphetamine.

Does anyone wish to argue this 'child' was not able to think like an adult, only because he was 14 years old? Or is it only in matters of sex that 14 year olds are like babies? Until when? - would the biology of aging change too, should the law change?

Perhaps all 14 year old criminals are axiomatically innocent: and would that include charges of sex crime too?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LeReynard said:

Does anyone wish to argue this 'child' was not able to think like an adult, only because he was 14 years old? Or is it only in matters of sex that 14 year olds are like babies? Until when? - would the biology of aging change too, should the law change?

The court acknowledges that the 14 year old criminal has likely not matured mentally and his punishment will reflect that. Underage sex is the same - likely mentally immature hence a criminal offence and also a taboo. Being physically capable of crime or sex is irrelevant. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

The court acknowledges that the 14 year old criminal has likely not matured mentally and his punishment will reflect that. Underage sex is the same - likely mentally immature hence a criminal offence and also a taboo. Being physically capable of crime or sex is irrelevant. 

Ah but can a 14 year old understand the implications, of consenting to sex? (Not just physically capable.)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Totally agree with your view. However if one were to check with those single mothers around 30 yeras old working in Soi 6 Pattaya, nearly 50% will have a child back home who is 18 years old. So at what age did they get pregnant? That is their culture. When there is no money inflow to the girl's family, there is always a denial and compains and chaos. When money flows in.....everything is ok. 

If one could remember about an article that surfaced few weeks back where a married man around 45 years old had an affair with a teenager. And the girls family acccepted it because he is a governmnet officer....if not mistaken from the police force holding a good ranking position. The girls family supported the affair telling that they love each other dearly......so it is obvious that the money inflow to the girl's family that makes the difference. 

8 hours ago, LeReynard said:

Ah but can a 14 year old understand the implications, of consenting to sex? (Not just physically capable.)

No as they do not have the mental maturity and life experience required to make an informed decision. That’s why there are laws to protect them from adults who seek to profit from their naivety.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Totally agree with your view. However if one were to check with those single mothers around 30 yeras old working in Soi 6 Pattaya, nearly 50% will have a child back home who is 18 years old. So at what age did they get pregnant? That is their culture. When there is no money inflow to the girl's family, there is always a denial and compains and chaos. When money flows in.....everything is ok. 

If one could remember about an article that surfaced few weeks back where a married man around 45 years old had an affair with a teenager. And the girls family acccepted it because he is a governmnet officer....if not mistaken from the police force holding a good ranking position. The girls family supported the affair telling that they love each other dearly......so it is obvious that the money inflow to the girl's family that makes the difference. 

30 - 12 = 18, which is over the age of consent. Are you saying that parenthood at 18 is wrong?

Are you saying that family shouldn't have a financial component, and financial status shouldn't affect family life?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

No as they do not have the mental maturity and life experience required to make an informed decision. That’s why there are laws to protect them from adults who seek to profit from their naivety.

Rubbish. Evolution would not not have made youths fertile (biologically adult) were they incapable of sex and parenthood in any way. A 14 year old girl, a young woman, has, usually, regular menses and sufficient it developed secondary sex characteristics, to signal that fertility to the opposite sex.

Per ordinary, legal standards of understanding, as in medical treatments and criminal culpabiity, an average 14 year old can understand sex. Which is why the subject of minors convicted of sex crime, is very relevant, when people cute the law as authoritative. If a 14 year old can be convicted of sex crimes, then the law admits she understands what she has done. So the law is contradictory, it must say that 14 year olds cannot commit such crimes as rape, or the molestation of younger minors - which would be ridiculous and harmful - or it must concede that 14 year olds possess adult-type 'sexual sibjectivity' and can, in fact, give their knowing consent to sexual acts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LeReynard said:

Rubbish. Evolution would not not have made youths fertile (biologically adult) were they incapable of sex and parenthood in any way. A 14 year old girl, a young woman, has, usually, regular menses and sufficient it developed secondary sex characteristics, to signal that fertility to the opposite sex.

Hogwash. If you want to approach this from a biological perspective, the primary reason for female sex is making babies. Is a female body fully developed at 14? No. Are they mentally mature at 14? No. They are inadequately prepared for the consequences aka not mature. Sexual relations with immature youth potentially leading to pregnancy is physically & mentally harmful to youth and to society as a whole. There is no lack of fertile adult women in the world better equipped both physically and mentally to deal with the decades long responsibilities of child bearing.

31 minutes ago, LeReynard said:

Per ordinary, legal standards of understanding, as in medical treatments and criminal culpabiity, an average 14 year old can understand sex.

An average 14 year old can understand alcohol, driving and voting yet we afford them none of those for everyone’s protection. You are essentially advocating for the right to copulate with the equivalent of retarded adults and I am not up for anyone getting down with the Downs. 

57 minutes ago, LeReynard said:

Which is why the subject of minors convicted of sex crime, is very relevant, when people cute the law as authoritative. If a 14 year old can be convicted of sex crimes, then the law admits she understands what she has done. So the law is contradictory, it must say that 14 year olds cannot commit such crimes as rape, or the molestation of younger minors - which would be ridiculous and harmful - or it must concede that 14 year olds possess adult-type 'sexual sibjectivity' and can, in fact, give their knowing consent to sexual acts.

No. Consent given by an uninformed minor is not a valid defense.  The law acknowledges that a crime has been committed and makes allowances for age as the ability to commit crimes does not equate to forethought regarding the consequences of a crime. Adults have sufficient life experience to know the consequences of their crimes and are punished accordingly. Adults commit crimes predicated on a risk vs reward valuation, youth not so much. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, LeReynard said:

Just to get a bit of context, today it's reported a Thai teenager, another 14 year old no less, was arrested smuggling methamphetamine.

Perhaps all 14 year old criminals are axiomatically innocent: and would that include charges of sex crime too?

I doubt that you have ever been responsible for bringing up children, you sure don't read like it.  Your comments on the subject are naive  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Hogwash. If you want to approach this from a biological perspective, the primary reason for female sex is making babies. Is a female body fully developed at 14? No. Are they mentally mature at 14? No. They are inadequately prepared for the consequences aka not mature. Sexual relations with immature youth potentially leading to pregnancy is physically & mentally harmful to youth and to society as a whole. There is no lack of fertile adult women in the world better equipped both physically and mentally to deal with the decades long responsibilities of child bearing.

An average 14 year old can understand alcohol, driving and voting yet we afford them none of those for everyone’s protection. You are essentially advocating for the right to copulate with the equivalent of retarded adults and I am not up for anyone getting down with the Downs. 

No. Consent given by an uninformed minor is not a valid defense.  The law acknowledges that a crime has been committed and makes allowances for age as the ability to commit crimes does not equate to forethought regarding the consequences of a crime. Adults have sufficient life experience to know the consequences of their crimes and are punished accordingly. Adults commit crimes predicated on a risk vs reward valuation, youth not so much. 

You are really comparing normal 14 year olds to people with Downs Syndrome?

And you think adult life experience is neccessary, to understand right and wrong actions, by their consequences?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I doubt that you have ever been responsible for bringing up children, you sure don't read like it.  Your comments on the subject are naive  

No I haven't but I was 14 once, and 24 for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, LeReynard said:

30 - 12 = 18, which is over the age of consent. Are you saying that parenthood at 18 is wrong?

Are you saying that family shouldn't have a financial component, and financial status shouldn't affect family life?

30-12-1 = >17 when the girl gets pregnant....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LeReynard said:

And you think adult life experience is neccessary, to understand right and wrong actions, by their consequences?

That is a ridiculous reduction of my comment. Minor Attracted People are pedophiles. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. Pedos. I am done discussing this. 

• Like 5