News Forum - Russian tourism staff claims interest in Thailand travel has spiked for Russians

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

If anybody comes into my house raping & murdering my family, I can do to them whatever I want , under law of natural Justice as old as humanity. Similarly Ukrainians got a free pass ( from me) with their retaliations.

Some personally may excuse them, perhaps justifiably. We are talking about a conflict covered by the GC. Thankfully the days of leaving your captured enemies heads on stakes as a warning to your enemy exists only among animals masquerading as human beings.

8 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Ukraine forces fighting a war of urban  defence with rural counter attack. They are more exposed in the east though but still in strong defensive positions. 
Heavy Artillery will pound Russians any day now.

I hope so. I was replying to a poster that believes the propaganda. 18 howitzers and 40,000 shells are on the way so that should add some wallop to the defense.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I certainly do know what genocide means but unlike you I am not willing to bury my head in the sand and hope it goes away, thats if it does bother you, which I seriously doubt. Talk Russian you are all ears, talk Ukrainian and it's a case of putting a finger in each ear while singing 'I can't hear you' 

Do you seriously need to wait until the Ukranians are obliterated before you say 'doh, I could have done more' 

Your lack of empathy for the Ukrainians and your remarkable gusto you feel for Putins thugs says so much about you, you really need a wake up call, hello. 

At least we have left the patronising in Red Square and we are back to insults. 

"Given the scale of Russian violence in Ukraine, however, genocide warnings need to be taken seriously." 

https://theconversation.com/is-russia-committing-genocide-in-ukraine-a-human-rights-expert-looks-at-the-warning-signs-180017

5-6k Murdered Civilians (with perhaps same again in the occupied areas) is still Not Genocide, as defined, from a population of 44 million.

Genocide aim would be to “ destroy” that group. Russian aim is to “displace” that group. 10 million Refugees says  they have (regrettably) substantially succeeded. Necessary to shell & kill a relatively small group number to get the rest moving. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

pfft again… in fact double pfft with a look of disdain on top. Don’t twist my words to suit your emotional opinions. Russia bad = Russia was wrong to invade. The reasons for the invasion are irrelevant. I answer all your questions and debate some of your points with logic and facts. You ignore any questions and statements that don’t suit your beliefs and fall back on your outrage defense. For example: do you now retract your claim of genocide? 

You said you don't care why Russia invaded - that's pretty much the same as saying "don't care that Russia invaded". From the content of your posts, that seems to be your consistent opinion. Why don't you care? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fester said:

You said you don't care why Russia invaded - that's pretty much the same as saying "don't care that Russia invaded". From the content of your posts, that seems to be your consistent opinion. Why don't you care? 

The empathic brain and its dysfunction in psychiatric populations: implications for intervention across different clinical conditions | BioPsychoSocial Medicine | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)

There you go mate. Should go a long way to explaining the problem.

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So we need to be alert for low-flying cuckoos then??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fester said:

I said I don’t care why they invaded (the reasons or justifications behind the invasion).  I did not say that I didn’t care that they invaded and the consequences. Big difference. 

15 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Some personally may excuse them, perhaps justifiably. We are talking about a conflict covered by the GC. Thankfully the days of leaving your captured enemies heads on stakes as a warning to your enemy exists only among animals masquerading as human beings.

Regrettably Not. War Cultures are either Advanced & Moderate  (like English-speaking Nations, West Europe & rare) or Primitive & Savage (like Russian, Chinese, Asian, African, Latin).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Bombing civilian buildings with civilians inside is not to make a green belt area it is to kill innocent people. What word you want to use to describe it is up to you and your conscience. There is evidence that Russia is committing gross war crimes, it tantamounts to genocide, I shall not give Putin and his gangsters the benefit of the doubt but it would seem you already have. 

"The reasons for the invasion are irrelevant." They may be irrelevant to you but for most rational thinking people they are very relevant, tell that to the raped women... its irrelevant, tell it to the families who have lost loved ones...it's irrelevant, it is just a shame you cannot tell it to the dead Ukrainians as as much as they'd like to hear it being said to them, they can't. 

Why are you so defensive towards Putins thugs, serious question? 

Russian Atrocities & War Crimes for sure but there is no Genocide ( as defined). The shelling of civilians is the means to the end to get them moving away as very large numbers of Refugees (ten million now); causing chaos within, & Wrecking, Ukraine, a major Putin Objective, behind Control &  Neutralization (which are probably unachievable now).

Cause of War: Putin manipulated by NATO to irrationally “feel threatened” by NATO/ Ukraine. This is NOT any modern justification for invasion.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I said I don’t care why they invaded (the reasons or justifications behind the invasion).  I did not say that I didn’t care that they invaded and the consequences. Big difference. 

I know what you said - I quoted it - as I said before, little difference IMO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fester said:

I know what you said - I quoted it - as I said before, little difference IMO.

Another cop out.🥴

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

They say war “provoked” by NATO making Putin  “feel threatened” (actually true) but “feelings” are NOT any modern - acceptable justification for invading another country. Nor is such Putin feeling grounded in reality. Not rational for NATO or any nation to pre- emptively attack any nuclear- armed state ! 

There is only one thing that Putin fears, and that's the word Democracy. Especially one so close to home that his people might just like the sound of.

It sends shivers down the spine of any country corrupt from top to bottom

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Benroon said:

There is only one thing that Putin fears, and that's the word Democracy. Especially one so close to home that his people might just like the sound of.

Many democracies next to Russia since 1991. Made no impact on Russians whatsoever. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

You don’t know what genocide means, legally or logically only emotionally. And  your mistaken belief that I lack empathy for Ukrainian civilian casualties is as galling as your refusal to answer a question. I am down with you and vlad, the poor lad. Come back when you grow out of your man-child stage and learn to discuss, not accuse. 

I've been to a Genocide museum Haw haw have you? I went to Tuol Sleng in Phnom Penh in Cambodia in 2019 this was a School in the city Centre where Torture and Death were undertaken. I'm not talking about a few hundred I'm talking about thousands by the Khmer Rouge the lucky ones met their end in Tuol Sleng the females were raped of course before being tortured to death. The unlucky ones were shipped off to Choeung EK a small village where they were killed immediately better known as the killing fields so don't call me on here about not knowing about Genocide I've seen it with my own eyes including the Killing Tree this was used for killing babies while their mothers were made to watch as their babies were held by there feet and their heads were smashed against the tree.

7 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Yes I am beginning to think you're correct, I think this is going to be a tougher nut to crack than I first thought. I am sure that information is entering, but it appears to become scrambled when it reaches the frontal lobe, most humans have the ability to rationalise but his has been replaced with the insult gene. 

Everything is much simpler: guys like Fanta cannot stomach the truth about Russian government.

If they admitted the truth then the next step would be to answer the question "how do I feel about this ugly truth?" and answering this question honestly can lead to a very uncomfortable life of oppositionist in Russia.

People in Russia are very afraid of their government because in the depth of their minds they know for sure that Putin's thugs can destroy their life in a moment and there is no law to protect them against reprisal.

Therefore, these cowards try to persuade themselves that Putin's crimes are just fakes so that they do not have to face the ugly truth of their cowardice and vileness.

No arguments can make cowards look into the ugly truth of what is happening in Ukraine. They will keep their eyes closed tight and their ears plugged to save their ignorant comfort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

Absolutely!

For years Russian propaganda cultivated the idea "If you revolt like Ukrainians you will live poorly as Ukrainians".

This idea will backfire if Ukraine represents an example of positive changes as a result of displacing a corrupted leader.

• Like 2

Putin attacked Ukraine for one reason. He thought he could get away with it....

It worked with Donbass, with Georgia, with Syria, and it worked with Crimea.

Ukraine moving towards the West and away from Russia threatens his power and his ability to remain in power. His number one worry is the fate of all dictators, to be overthrown and to end up dead or in jail. It's no wonder he sits at the end of a long table or surrounds himself with flight attendants, lol.

His time will come though either through revolt or old age...

Russia says Ukraine was about NATO but the reality is Russia actively trying to attract countries to their sphere of influence just as NATO does the same. The reality is Russia has to bribe leaders of countries to join Russia while other countries simply do not trust Russia and are smart enough to know there is no future with Russia.

Ukraine being invaded now has permanently caused Ukrainians to never trust Russia again. It also is resulting in Sweden and Finland to move towards NATO (later this year) with more countries next on the list. And those countries previously were always neutral but now the population has little trust in Russia.

I don't really feel there is genocide going on in Ukraine, but war crimes by Russians there is no doubt. Putin has found out the people do not want Russia to be there and are actively resisting. The only way for Russia to conquer ground is to bomb the cities to rubble and get rid of the resisting population. It is the same tactic that Hitler used when he tried to take over Russia though it did not end well at Stalingrad. Russia could not even get to Kiev before they had to turn around and bail out which again is same thing Hitler found with Moscow. They are making one last desperate attempt to get as much ground as they can in the Donbass and then they will hope that Ukraine makes concessions. But that will not happen.... Zelensky knows that the key to successful negotiations is to negotiate from a position of power. He knows that Ukraine's' defense gets stronger with each day and Russian soldiers morale will only deteriorate with time just like the US in Vietnam. Putin will then huff and puff and threaten nuclear weapons... oh wait he has already done this many times.... boringgggg. Yeah he has kinda already ruined that bluff card. No one believes the boy who cried wolf.... 

Expect Mariupol to fall, expect Russia to make advances in Donbass, then expect Ukrainians to do never-ending counterattacks and Russian soldiers doing anything to get the heck out of Ukraine. With time the Russian soldiers will see their future being either dead, crippled, or maimed and for no purpose.....   

Ya Putin has already lost, he is just too stupid to have figured it out and the US is laughing at him as he drags this on which is exactly what they want. If Putin had half a brain he would leave all of Ukraine (Crimea included) and make some sort of mutual defense pack and reparation settlement with Ukraine. But I just don't see that happening as he has his mutual idiots Lavrov and party who blind him from the reality of the situation. Yes, Ukraine is a total clusterfuk for Russia and the US is just laughing at how bad things are going and how much Russia is helping the Wests power and sphere of influence to grow.   

• Like 4

14 hours ago, vlad said:

I've been to a Genocide museum Haw haw have you? I went to Tuol Sleng in Phnom Penh in Cambodia in 2019 this was a School in the city Centre where Torture and Death were undertaken. I'm not talking about a few hundred I'm talking about thousands by the Khmer Rouge the lucky ones met their end in Tuol Sleng the females were raped of course before being tortured to death. The unlucky ones were shipped off to Choeung EK a small village where they were killed immediately better known as the killing fields so don't call me on here about not knowing about Genocide I've seen it with my own eyes including the Killing Tree this was used for killing babies while their mothers were made to watch as their babies were held by there feet and their heads were smashed against the tree.

<deleted content> Genocide is not occurring in Ukraine. Tragic and avoidable loss of life is. Do the maths. It is that simple. 

Edited by BigHewer
Provocative content removed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

Everything is much simpler: guys like Fanta cannot stomach the truth about Russian government.

If they admitted the truth then the next step would be to answer the question "how do I feel about this ugly truth?" and answering this question honestly can lead to a very uncomfortable life of oppositionist in Russia.

People in Russia are very afraid of their government because in the depth of their minds they know for sure that Putin's thugs can destroy their life in a moment and there is no law to protect them against reprisal.

Therefore, these cowards try to persuade themselves that Putin's crimes are just fakes so that they do not have to face the ugly truth of their cowardice and vileness.

No arguments can make cowards look into the ugly truth of what is happening in Ukraine. They will keep their eyes closed tight and their ears plugged to save their ignorant comfort.

Newsflash braveboy -  I simply do not care enough about the Russian or Ukrainian governments to even bother looking up whatever version of the truth is currently in fashion. I would have struggled to find Ukraine on a map 3 months ago. Labelling the politically apathetic as cowards is as unreasonable as rejecting surrender offers and leaving your trapped people to starve to death.

3 hours ago, Poop said:

They are making one last desperate attempt to get as much ground as they can in the Donbass and then they will hope that Ukraine makes concessions.

I hope you are right about peace talks coming soon but I doubt it. I fear it is getting to the point that neither side can negotiate a peace without being seen to be backing down. 

13 hours ago, vlad said:

Completely & Utterly Different Tragedy to the Ukraine Atrocities. An Emotional Nonsense Off Topic Rant. Do try to stay Serious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fanta said:

I hope you are right about peace talks coming soon but I doubt it. I fear it is getting to the point that neither side can negotiate a peace without being seen to be backing down. 

Again, any actual “peace” is completely unrealistic and premature. All such talk just political nonsense or emotional hand- wringing surrender claptrap.  

• Cool 1

8 hours ago, Fanta said:

Newsflash braveboy -  I simply do not care enough about the Russian or Ukrainian governments to even bother looking up whatever version of the truth is currently in fashion. I would have struggled to find Ukraine on a map 3 months ago. Labelling the politically apathetic as cowards is as unreasonable as rejecting surrender offers and leaving your trapped people to starve to death.

Hmmm…. Zelensky surely must / should have ordered the total surrender now of Mariupol, whose cause is utterly lost, to surely save those lives of wounded & starving ? 

I can only think Zelensky has simply been ignored by fanatical Azov Brigade types who face possible execution upon capture so using civilians as human shield to the death so they become “ martyrs” ?

Zelensky must make a public statement right now to avoid being seen to sacrifice his Mariupol survivors for political capital ? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fanta said:

<deleted content> Genocide is not occurring in Ukraine. Tragic and avoidable loss of life is. Do the maths. It is that simple. 

Yes. Scale & Nature of Russian Atrocities in Ukraine is CLEARLY Not Genocide. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Poop said:

Putin attacked Ukraine for one reason. He thought he could get away with it....

It worked with Donbass, with Georgia, with Syria, and it worked with Crimea.

Ukraine moving towards the West and away from Russia threatens his power and his ability to remain in power. His number one worry is the fate of all dictators, to be overthrown and to end up dead or in jail. It's no wonder he sits at the end of a long table or surrounds himself with flight attendants, lol.

His time will come though either through revolt or old age...

Russia says Ukraine was about NATO but the reality is Russia actively trying to attract countries to their sphere of influence just as NATO does the same. The reality is Russia has to bribe leaders of countries to join Russia while other countries simply do not trust Russia and are smart enough to know there is no future with Russia.

Ukraine being invaded now has permanently caused Ukrainians to never trust Russia again. It also is resulting in Sweden and Finland to move towards NATO (later this year) with more countries next on the list. And those countries previously were always neutral but now the population has little trust in Russia.

I don't really feel there is genocide going on in Ukraine, but war crimes by Russians there is no doubt. Putin has found out the people do not want Russia to be there and are actively resisting. The only way for Russia to conquer ground is to bomb the cities to rubble and get rid of the resisting population. It is the same tactic that Hitler used when he tried to take over Russia though it did not end well at Stalingrad. Russia could not even get to Kiev before they had to turn around and bail out which again is same thing Hitler found with Moscow. They are making one last desperate attempt to get as much ground as they can in the Donbass and then they will hope that Ukraine makes concessions. But that will not happen.... Zelensky knows that the key to successful negotiations is to negotiate from a position of power. He knows that Ukraine's' defense gets stronger with each day and Russian soldiers morale will only deteriorate with time just like the US in Vietnam. Putin will then huff and puff and threaten nuclear weapons... oh wait he has already done this many times.... boringgggg. Yeah he has kinda already ruined that bluff card. No one believes the boy who cried wolf.... 

Expect Mariupol to fall, expect Russia to make advances in Donbass, then expect Ukrainians to do never-ending counterattacks and Russian soldiers doing anything to get the heck out of Ukraine. With time the Russian soldiers will see their future being either dead, crippled, or maimed and for no purpose.....   

Ya Putin has already lost, he is just too stupid to have figured it out and the US is laughing at him as he drags this on which is exactly what they want. If Putin had half a brain he would leave all of Ukraine (Crimea included) and make some sort of mutual defense pack and reparation settlement with Ukraine. But I just don't see that happening as he has his mutual idiots Lavrov and party who blind him from the reality of the situation. Yes, Ukraine is a total clusterfuk for Russia and the US is just laughing at how bad things are going and how much Russia is helping the Wests power and sphere of influence to grow.   

These Russian Actions could NOT be Stopped so they were Cleverly Encouraged by NATO so Russia could then be Punished, Weakened, Humiliated & Isolated.

Western Sanctions were applied strongly in 2014 and NATO moved in to reorganize retrain re- equip the then very poor defeated Ukraine Forces over last eight years to the outstanding NATO- level forces we see now.

• Thanks 1