News Forum - Russian tourism staff claims interest in Thailand travel has spiked for Russians

Thaiger

26 minutes ago, Poop said:

Its no wonder Russians are thinking of travelling. The ones in Donbass are hiding in their houses so they don't get picked off the street and sent to the frontlines. Putin

Do you have a credible link confirming forced conscription of Donbas civilians? I could only find a Kyiv Independent article.
https://kyivindependent.com/national/russia-throws-untrained-civilians-from-occupied-donbas-into-hot-spots-of-its-war-in-ukraine/

And what has Putin made the West give him? If Putin enjoys wearing sanctions as a badge of honor then he has done a stellar job of increasing his fashion accessories lately. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_sanctions_during_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

Let’s hope this is not Russia’s “Vietnam” because that escalated and didn’t end well for South Vietnam or the US. I’d say Afghanistan was Russia’s “Vietnam” and America’s “Vietnam the Sequel”. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 8:39 AM, Cg66 said:

30 military grade bio labs on the Russian border. Not hearsay, The American undersecretary of state is on film admitting their existence. Massive attack was being prepared on the Dombass area. Boris the buffoon admits that the uk alone has trained up over 22,000 Ukrainian troops and all and sundry have been sending massive amounts of weapons for several years. Peaceful neighbour? Maybe you should pull up some footage of what happened in Odessa 2014 when the radicals and neo-Nazis stormed the town, setting fire to the trade union building, trying to burn the occupants to death, And any trying to escape being beaten to death with baseball bats. Like many on here your knowledge of Ukraine and its history is zero.

Have you got addresses for these labs ? Saying 'Not Hearsay' doesn't make it not hearsay.

Secondly - in your wildest dreams you seem to be implying a Ukraine assault on Russia correct ? teehee wean yourself off of YouTube, it's playing havoc with your rational thinking.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2022 at 9:44 PM, Manu said:

Stop the communication , great. I honestly find amazing that you use all these words,… yeah I thought so, your Russian revolution in  2022 is also complete BS… did not expect anything else. Stop talking cause you have  nothing to say. And you know it…. That goes for me sure..

b

I have nothing to say but you have. In which of your worlds does this happen?

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2022 at 12:19 PM, Benroon said:

Have you got addresses for these labs ? Saying 'Not Hearsay' doesn't make it not hearsay.

Secondly - in your wildest dreams you seem to be implying a Ukraine assault on Russia correct ? teehee wean yourself off of YouTube, it's playing havoc with your rational thinking.

https://english.news.cn/northamerica/20220319/aca4cf9b2dbc43e0a121cededaaa4af7/c.html

On 4/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, Cg66 said:

So I read that - but where does it say they are 'military grade' ? or was that for effect? The US are saying in the article they are for a range of purposes and sited in Ukraine due to the skills in the area (as well as all over the world which you would probably expect yes ?)

I know people in the Donbass. Their is no independent media there, lol... or Russia for that matter. They are all in jail.... If you are a male you pretty well have to hide in the house or they pick you off the street and get sent to the front lines. It actually is kinda smart cause it provides Russia with soldiers and it also gets rid of the men who are from Ukraine. Maybe Putin plans to repopulate the Donbass with Russian men to make it more Russian down the road? Kinda reeks of genocide in a round a bout way...

Vietnam... Yes it did not end well for the US. They supported a puppet government who the people did not support. Kind of what Russia is doing in Ukraine right now. The Americans were not fighting just the North Vietnamese though, they were fighting Russia and China. The North was supported by China and Russia in weapons as well as fighter training, even jets and the latest in weapons. Now Russia finds that Ukraine is being supported by the democracies of the world. A lot of Russians are going to die, and they may hold a small amount of ground in Ukraine but the body count will rise with every day. Eventually, Russia will likely have to pull out just like the Americans had to. If Putin prolongs this (which is what the US hopes) their will be a lot of injured and pissed of Russian soldiers coming back to Russia who will not be happy about their country any more. But Putin can control the media so he likely can change the narrative and label these soldiers as cowards or traitors or something. I can't see any Russian fathers telling their sons to join the military after this...  Regardless the US will win as more countries will join NATO, Russia will have sanctions forever (and likely will have to pay to rebuild Ukraine), and Russia, well economically and militarily the world sees their weapons, soldiers and their economy as embarrassing in terms of performance. Really 2 missiles took out their flagship? That is laughable.... Russia is just a third world nuclear power with a despot as a ruler. 

Edited by Poop
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Poop said:

Maybe Putin plans to repopulate the Donbass with Russian men to make it more Russian down the road?

Putin will probably “russify” Donbass, the same as he did in Belarus and bring it into the Union state or Russia proper. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification_of_Belarus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_State

I disagree with the Russia-Ukraine vs US-Vietnam comparison simply because of the distances involved and similarity of cultures. Communism won, democracy lost and wonder weapons don’t win wars. Willpower and people do. There is little reason, as yet, to believe that sorry mess won’t happen again.
Regardless, I think Thais won’t be waving Russian flags at the airport to greet tourists for quite some time yet.

2 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Quoting the official state news agency of China, the mouthpiece of the CCP, isn't exactly supporting anything, expect propeganda proliferation. You should really choose to read somewhere else.

Like NYT or Washington Post?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Like NYT or Washington Post?

No, neither are official state news agencies. Xinhua was founded by the Chinese Communist Party and is owned by the Peoples Republic of China. There are no independent shareholders 

The NYT is owned by the NYT company which trades on the NYSE and hence a totally independent news agency. It’s Board members come from independent companies such as Verizon, Godaddy and AIG

But then you knew all that and your propaganda was just meant to inflame. Out of interest, how much do you get paid by the CCP to post on this forum and no doubt many more? 

• Like 4

On 4/14/2022 at 3:58 AM, Soidog said:

Perhaps they could start by refusing to vote for Putin in future elections? 

Unfortunately, these so called "elections" is nothing but a farce in Russia.

Governing junta can easily put into jail or murder any real opponent during the President elections (see the case of Alexey Navalny) or filter out the opponents during the parliament elections.

It was proved many times that the real rating of Putin is about 25% - the rest are falsifications of many kinds: they throw in the bulletins of people who did not show up, falsify the summary protocols, change the resulting numbers in the final reporting system. Everything above 25% is a result of fraudulent activities. I think many countries have these 25% of conformists ready to vote for any current government despite all their faults.

The most recent scenario of protest vote we saw in Belarus - after obvious voting defeat Lukashenko used police and army to usurp the power and suppress the people of his country. Russia is the same prison with the same almighty dictator.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/13/2022 at 8:24 PM, HiuMak said:

Everyone has a choice. Not happy? give up citizenship in Russia and move.

I have done it, it took 5 years to move from Russia to Canada and required a lot of efforts and money.

The majority of people just do not have enough will power, money, and skills to emigrate.

And other countries do not welcome millions of immigrants, do they?

• Like 2
  • Cool 2

On 4/13/2022 at 6:08 PM, astro said:

Yeah, and the spec op Russians do whatever they like to civilians, no crime there at all, right?

A typical substitution of concepts.

Russian soldiers participate in an unprovoked aggression against Ukraine. They are not protected by Geneva Convention because this convention protects only soldiers who participate in a declared war and do not commit crimes against civilians.

5 minutes ago, Dmitrii said:

I have done it, it took 5 years to move from Russia to Canada and required a lot of efforts and money.

The majority of people just do not have enough will power, money, and skills to emigrate.

And other countries do not welcome millions of immigrants, do they?

Good for you. But yes, the majority of Russians will not have the freedom or means to just up and move.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:59 PM, Fanta said:

And how can we have allegations of war crimes if there is no war?

I see your point.

So let's name these "no war soldiers" for what they are: the groups of armed murderers and rapists.

I would recommend forced interrogation with video recording and then execution of these bastards by hanging them on gallows - it is a traditional execution for rapists and murderers in both Russian and Ukrainian cultures. For the rapists of children we could add a special flavor - castration before hanging.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 6:19 PM, Benroon said:

Surely any such labs would not be anywhere near the Russian border let alone all 30 concentrated together ON the border? They could all be taken out in hours by a single nighttime  special operations strike from just over the border. Makes no sense.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

I see your point.

So let's name these "no war soldiers" for what they are: the groups of armed murderers and rapists.

I would recommend forced interrogation with video recording and then execution of these bastards by hanging them on gallows - it is a traditional execution for rapists and murderers in both Russian and Ukrainian cultures. For the rapists of children we could add a special flavor - castration before hanging.

Don’t be that guy. You have taken one sentence out of context from my reply to justify your rant that it is OK to commit war crimes. You can go on Telegram to see videos of Ukrainian soldiers executing  Russian POWs whose hands are tied behind their backs, before mutilating the corpses then dumping them on the road. Would you excuse and celebrate those war crimes also? 

And part of my original reply is below.
“Wrong. Calling it a war, invasion or a “special operation” makes no difference. And how can we have allegations of war crimes if there is no war?”

10 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

A typical substitution of concepts.

Russian soldiers participate in an unprovoked aggression against Ukraine. They are not protected by Geneva Convention because this convention protects only soldiers who participate in a declared war and do not commit crimes against civilians.

A typical misunderstanding of concepts. The Geneva Convention covers all international conflicts. Labelling it a war or a vacation that got a bit heated is irrelevant.

14 hours ago, Fester said:

Good for you. But yes, the majority of Russians will not have the freedom or means to just up and move.

Thank goodness for when they do, they concentrate together and naturally form vicious crime syndicates like in Brighton Beach USA. According to Hollywood anyway……I will research this…..

Do any Good Russians with high value reputable non- criminal professions actually settle outside Russia ? I see many of them in Phuket and they nearly all appear to be low- level criminals with bad reputation. Some operating restaurants & property agencies appear legit though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

I see your point.

Too much publicity & sympathy generated. Secretly gather sufficient evidence to remove all reasonable doubt then secret extra- judicial execution, inside Ukraine by Ukrainians, as probable war criminals.

For Invading Aggressors Only. Ukrainians get a pass as Victims and for doing this “garbage disposal” work already it seems…..

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

Unfortunately, these so called "elections" is nothing but a farce in Russia.

Governing junta can easily put into jail or murder any real opponent during the President elections (see the case of Alexey Navalny) or filter out the opponents during the parliament elections.

It was proved many times that the real rating of Putin is about 25% - the rest are falsifications of many kinds: they throw in the bulletins of people who did not show up, falsify the summary protocols, change the resulting numbers in the final reporting system. Everything above 25% is a result of fraudulent activities. I think many countries have these 25% of conformists ready to vote for any current government despite all their faults.

The most recent scenario of protest vote we saw in Belarus - after obvious voting defeat Lukashenko used police and army to usurp the power and suppress the people of his country. Russia is the same prison with the same almighty dictator.

Excellent. Finally here we have a pro- Freedom Russian telling it like it is 😎😉👍

secretly all tyrannies are despised & not really recognized as legitimate by proper democracies who therefore feel free to do anything to bring them down no matter how long it takes. 

Ukraine a western bear trap for Russia successfully sprung as will be Taiwan for CCP China. Tyrants can’t help but be Tyrants which sooner or later results in their over- reaching power / ego -driven foreign invasions …..then getting crushed either by internal forces ( preferred) or waiting West / Allies, whose unbeatable political / military might are always underestimated by Tyrants.

Problem with Russia - China- NKorea is they have Nukes…..no doubt there is a plan to neutralize those….. EMP Pulse atmospheric detonations over Moscow Beijing Pyongyang Tehran & icbm sites  required by West before that is done to us by Tyrants. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 3:01 AM, Dmitrii said:

There is no war between Russia and Ukraine, is there?

And since there is no war, there are no POW.

Therefore, captured Russian soldiers are NOT protected by Geneva Convention.

Ukrainian soldiers do whatever they like to these "special operation" soldiers.

No Dmitri, I really like your excellent “ pro- Freedom Russian” posts here but you’ve got this GC subject quite wrong my friend. GC Applies. 

Except yes Victim Ukrainians get a “ pass” ( from me!) from Geneva Convention with their perfectly understandable “ garbage disposal” work.

23 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Too much publicity & sympathy generated. Secretly gather sufficient evidence to remove all reasonable doubt then secret extra- judicial execution, inside Ukraine by Ukrainians, as probable war criminals.

For Invading Aggressors Only. Ukrainians get a pass as Victims and for doing this “garbage disposal” work already it seems…..

Torture and execute Russian POWs with no trial? The brave and glorious Ukrainian warrior soldiers are already doing that. They are even digging up dead Russian soldiers and exchanging them for live Ukrainian soldiers. So kind of them. Zelenskyy announced he will hunt down all Russian war criminals and make them face justice. He should start with some of his own troops first so he can get some practice before he hits the big time on the international stage. Oh, I forgot..: only 1 side is committing war crimes and 2 wrongs make a right. 

btw: nice troll post for a first attempt 

On 4/13/2022 at 9:59 PM, Benroon said:

Amazing isn't it - thousands of words from Putins friends on here and we still haven't been informed of a coherent justifiable invasion excuse.

Though to be fair they have quoted a 'Moon of Alabama' website which is so anti Ukranian it would be funny if it weren't so tragically embarrassing.

They say war “provoked” by NATO making Putin  “feel threatened” (actually true) but “feelings” are NOT any modern - acceptable justification for invading another country. Nor is such Putin feeling grounded in reality. Not rational for NATO or any nation to pre- emptively attack any nuclear- armed state ! 

8 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Torture and execute Russian POWs with no trial? The brave and glorious Ukrainian warrior soldiers are already doing that. They are even digging up dead Russian soldiers and exchanging them for live Ukrainian soldiers. So kind of them. Zelenskyy announced he will hunt down all Russian war criminals and make them face justice. He should start with some of his own troops first so he can get some practice before he hits the big time on the international stage. Oh, I forgot..: only 1 side is committing war crimes and 2 wrongs make a right. 

btw: nice troll post for a first attempt 

My post clear & complete in structure & developed / modified proposal introduced first by other. Clearly not trolling to do that. 
Nothing above affects or properly challenges my post to which you have added some interesting but unsurprising “ Justice” process detail.