News Forum - Russian tourism staff claims interest in Thailand travel has spiked for Russians

Thaiger

18 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Are the Ukrainians also allegedly committing war crimes? I’m not talking about moving heavy weapons into civilian populated areas, failing to forcibly evacuate civilians clearly at risk, using human shields or videotaping POWs for propaganda purposes involving possibly coerced confessions. I’m asking about alleged war crimes against POWs, and, if so, is that clear breach of the Geneva Convention also excusable?  

It's all called a chain reaction, it only takes one egocentric homicidal maniac in Russia to set it off, so for the umpteenth time, none of this would be happening without Russias invasion, Russia instigated their war againgst the Ukrainians and by that action alone most people would generally tend to side with the Ukrainians, but not Putin sympathisers obviously. 

Have you ever been in combat and watched your mate get his legs blown off, have you ever seen a vehicle drive over a mine a seriously injuring the driver and passengers, unless you have you have no right to pass judgement on anybody else. 

Reports of the Russians killing, raping and torturing Ukrainians may have been exaggerated but please don't tell me it hasn't happened, it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the victims, that is the reason that perpetrators will get less sympathy. But you keep finding excuses for the Red Army, but after a while it gets very jaded. 

So to conclude, the Russians invaded Ukraine and if they don't like the heat they better get out of the kitchen. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

It's all called a chain reaction, it only takes one egocentric homicidal maniac in Russia to set it off, so for the umpteenth time, none of this would be happening without Russias invasion, Russia instigated their war againgst the Ukrainians and by that action alone most people would generally tend to side with the Ukrainians, but not Putin sympathisers obviously. 

Have you ever been in combat and watched your mate get his legs blown off, have you ever seen a vehicle drive over a mine a seriously injuring the driver and passengers, unless you have you have no right to pass judgement on anybody else. 

Reports of the Russians killing, raping and torturing Ukrainians may have been exaggerated but please don't tell me it hasn't happened, it leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the victims, that is the reason that perpetrators will get less sympathy. But you keep finding excuses for the Red Army, but after a while it gets very jaded. 

So to conclude, the Russians invaded Ukraine and if they don't like the heat they better get out of the kitchen. 

We all agree that Russia started this war, that has never been disputed. I have never said war crimes are not occurring on both sides or denied that the heat of battle causes men to do cruel things. It’s fair to assume that some of the authors, signatories and enforcers of the Geneva convention saw actual combat. They didn’t excuse war crimes as result of their experiences and neither would most fair minded people. In conclusion, your passion for the Ukrainian cause and suffering is admirable, your selective excusing of war crimes is less so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fanta said:

We all agree that Russia started this war, that has never been disputed. I have never said war crimes are not occurring on both sides or denied that the heat of battle causes men to do cruel things. It’s fair to assume that some of the authors, signatories and enforcers of the Geneva convention saw actual combat. They didn’t excuse war crimes as result of their experiences and neither would most fair minded people. In conclusion, your passion for the Ukrainian cause and suffering is admirable, your selective excusing of war crimes is less so. 

Next time one of your nearest and dearest gets raped or killed I just hope your sentiments remain the same. 

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Did you not go on holiday during the period we were invading Iraq on the false claim they had “weapons of mass destruction”?

We only invaded them to protect our oil supply. 

I did go on holiday during that period. But we moved in to Iraq in order to remove another tyrant in Saddam. I agree, with hindsight, the ultimate reason given was flawed and incorrect. However removal of Saddam who had gassed his own people and had invaded Kuwait (Putin style) needed removing along with his psychopathic son Uday. No such actions or behaviour were taking place in Ukraine. So I remain satisfied that the world is a better place without Saddam and have no regrets that my country helped remove him. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Manu said:

Please if you want to make any sense at at all, answer my questions in my comments above. Why don’t you? You obviously cannot, not sure why any people like you are on anonline forum apart from the sake of hate. No peace whatsoever just hate. You know i think most people do not want your hate. Sure, who doesn’t want piece amongst the world population??? Take it easy mate…

I will lay it out for you.  I served 24 years in the UK Military, throughout the cold war.  I was imbued with the obvious fact that the USSR  had, at its core, my enemy, and the sworn enemy of all right thinking freedom loving peoples, Russia.  A Russia that had subjugated other Eastern European Nations after WW2 to produce the USSR and further its own colonialist ambitions. Since the fall of the USSR in August 1991, and the freeing of the majority of the subjugated Nations, Russia has remained what it always was, a criminal, bullying, un democratic, manipulative Nation State, with clear ambitions to swallow up other Nation States.  That means that Russia remains the enemy to me and to anyone with a logical thought in their head and a love of freedom. I have as much right to express that view on a public forum as you have to not understand anything much about the reality of this war and what it means to the global community.  I really rather pity you, but not that much.

Edit:  I should have added that peace at any price is not peace at all.  If the last few wars have taught us anything, its that.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fester said:

Just sayin what the website tells you anyway. 

Not like these Moonies of Alabama pro-Russian all stars - only the devil knows who gets all that carp together.

Errr...............no. I just find it somewhat ironic that the Institute for War is based in Washington DC. Dont you?

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

Errr Putin has not started a War it is a Special Operation.

Unconfirmed reports on Sky News this morning reports a Chemical release was released on Mariupol but this has to be confirmed. Ben Wallace the UK defense minister has said if it is confirmed all options will be on the Table. For the doubters on here watch this video and make your mind up. It may disturb you but it needs to be seen Even lord Haw Haw might change his mind.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, vlad said:

Unconfirmed reports on Sky News this morning reports a Chemical release was released on Mariupol but this has to be confirmed. Ben Wallace the UK defense minister has said if it is confirmed all options will be on the Table. For the doubters on here watch this video and make your mind up. It may disturb you but it needs to be seen Even lord Haw Haw might change his mind.

Sorry the defense Minister is Jame's Heappey.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Errr...............no. I just find it somewhat ironic that the Institute for War is based in Washington DC. Dont you?

Not really. Now what about these Moonies? Ya think they're really in Alabama? 

47 minutes ago, vlad said:

Unconfirmed reports on Sky News this morning reports a Chemical release was released on Mariupol but this has to be confirmed. Ben

A chemical weapon attack in Mariupol sounds as plausible as the claims of an American general being captured in Mariupol. Could these claims be the same as the false claims of WMDs being in Iraq later used as justification for international involvement? The Russians will deny any chemical attack in Mariupol, the same as they did in Syria. They are all liars. Just move all the civilians out of the way and let them get on with killing each other. 

40 minutes ago, Fester said:

Not really. Now what about these Moonies? Ya think they're really in Alabama? 

Fair enough. Some people ARE irony free. I guess you're one of them.

Dunno, dont care.

like I said Haw Haw there unsubstantiated at the moment people tried to leave but the Russian troops prevented most to use them as shields.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Unconfirmed reports on Sky News this morning reports a Chemical release was released on Mariupol but this has to be confirmed

So let's wait for more research and confirmation before heralding it.

• Like 1

Yes Alavan it has to be confirmed. What is confirmed are Rape's looting and murdering Ukranians by Russian forces as they pull back from the west.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, vlad said:

Yes Alavan it has to be confirmed. What is confirmed are Rape's looting and murdering Ukranians by Russian forces as they pull back from the west.

<deleted content> “Allegations” has been overplayed. “It’s sad and it’s sweet and I knew it complete when I wore a younger man’s clothes.”

Edited by BigHewer
Provocative content removed

21 hours ago, Benroon said:

There weren't any and the connection to your ludicrous claims are ?

So to get this straight the Ukranians slaughtered their own women and children for a PR stunt correct ? and with satellites that can pick out someone's eye colour, they were thinking we'll get away with this, correct so far ?

Your love of Putin and his band of rapists (oh hang on they're making that up too right ?)  is a tad bizarre to say the least.

Correct. There weren’t any. Now, think about it, the governments told their populations that there were. Now do you get it? 
let’s take Bosnia. NATO countries used cluster bombs and depleted uranium missiles against civilians . Do you get that?

let’s take Syria. One moment Assad is having dinner with Donald Rumsfeld, the next he is a butcher, gassing his own people. Only problem is that every single one of the supposed chemical attacks were disproved. It culminated in the Douma attack where United Nations inspectors found no traces of an attack, but in the video that the white helmets released a little girl belonging to one of them was pictured being hosed down with water, the only problem was that she was also in another video of a chemical attack hundreds of miles away. Do you get that?

The demonising of Putin to me is so childlike when you recall that exactly the same was done to Assad.

in other news, the Americans have use their influence to depose the non-compliant Prime Minister of Pakistan. Do you get that as well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

NATO countries used cluster bombs and depleted uranium missiles against civilians . Do you get that?

Utter rubbish

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cg66 said:

The demonising of Putin to me is so childlike when you recall that exactly the same was done to Assad.

I agree, I'm sure he's a very nice and cordial person when he's not murdering, committing genocide and allowing his thugs to commit these horrific crimes.

You wouldn't happen to have the internet address of his fan club per chance?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I agree, I'm sure he's a very nice and cordial person when he's not murdering, committing genocide and allowing his thugs to commit these horrific crimes.

You wouldn't happen to have the internet address of his fan club per chance?

And the American presidents have no blood on their hands? 1.1 million killed in Iraq? Libya? Afghanistan? Syria? Venezuela?  Apply brain. 

31 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

And the American presidents have no blood on their hands? 1.1 million killed in Iraq? Libya? Afghanistan? Syria? Venezuela?  Apply brain. 

That has nothing at all to do with this thread, if you wish to start a thread on 'why I hate the West' feel free to do so, but please don't compare Sadam Hussain with President Zelensky and the like. 

AFYI I have a brain to apply, but don't let that stop you from getting the insults in early. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

That has nothing at all to do with this thread, if you wish to start a thread on 'why I hate the West' feel free to do so, but please don't compare Sadam Hussain with President Zelensky and the like. 

AFYI I have a brain to apply, but don't let that stop you from getting the insults in early. 

OF COURSE it has everything to do with this thread. Those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks. And "Fei for egen dør først" (Sweep your own door first) is a Norwegian saying as old as the nation itself. 

There has been NO courts and NO neutral verification and NOTHING besides allegations about things which have been irregular appearing. 

In war everything is done and everything is tried, or can be. There is nothing but the truth. Nothing at all. Truth alone triumphs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fanta said:

A chemical weapon attack in Mariupol sounds as plausible as the claims of an American general being captured in Mariupol. Could these claims be the same as the false claims of WMDs being in Iraq later used as justification for international involvement? The Russians will deny any chemical attack in Mariupol, the same as they did in Syria. They are all liars. Just move all the civilians out of the way and let them get on with killing each other. 

A chemical attack in Mauriopol would be the dumbest thing who was ever done in warfare. Funnily enough, this follows the same script as every allegation of the West when one of their chosen adversaries take a stand. 

Saddam had WMD; Assad is gassing his own people; Iraqi soldiers threw babies in incubators out the window when they invaded Kuwait. 

All the above have either been shown to have no merit at all or are directly disproved as lies. 

There are many reasons to be against Russia attacking Ukraine militarily. I happen to be of the opinion that it was a bad STRATEGY from the Russian side, but neither do I have all the information about what was at stake. 

All I know is that NATO is turning everything they put a hand upon to dust. It is easy to incite Ukraine into believing there are no other options. This situation should never have happened. For 8 years, a conflict was raging in Donbass. Was the Minsk agreement ever implemented? Nope and why not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

OF COURSE it has everything to do with this thread. Those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks. And "Fei for egen dør først" (Sweep your own door first) is a Norwegian saying as old as the nation itself. 

There has been NO courts and NO neutral verification and NOTHING besides allegations about things which have been irregular appearing. 

In war everything is done and everything is tried, or can be. There is nothing but the truth. Nothing at all. Truth alone triumphs. 

There is also an old Celt saying that if "oopen stoopen halibet en glupen, keilder weilder schone muchen beweilder." Which roughley translated means 'chose your friends wisely' because they could easily march into your country as the did Ukraine. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cg66 said:

Here we go the usual, next the Obamacare or Hillary quotes will be along.

• Like 1