News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES

Thaiger

While strange and wild stores told by Russia are sent out to the world, they are really meant for internal consumption. They need a constant feed to stoke nationalism and justify the returning dead sons, and crushing economic sanctions. How else can they justify the loses when attacking a sovereign non-belligerent country? By pointing out it's necessary to protect mother Russia and the world in general from the evil Ukraine. Predatory authoritarian governments have been using this play book for millennia.   

Edited by Faz
quote removed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

OK with air superiority the invasion should be easy.

Oh wait. No its not. Are Russian aircraft even flying? We are not seeing any precision bombing.

Stingers eh? Real pain in the a$$.

The war is going REALLY badly as far as Russia is concerned. Was supposed to be all done within 24 hours.

Have seen estimates that Russia has suffered as many as 12000 dead. Now that might be wild but even if its half of that its too big to hide for Czar Putin.

my bloodthirsty friend, I'm sure you also have reliable sources. probably also the Bundeswehr.

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Mr javelin playing with Russian aircraft. 
they aren’t getting shot down cos they ain’t flying over Ukraine any more !🤣😉

maybe Russian tanks don't fly because they don't have wings?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

While strange and wild stores told by Russia are sent out to the world, they are really meant for internal consumption. They need a constant feed to stoke nationalism and justify the returning dead sons, and crushing economic sanctions. How else can they justify the loses when attacking a sovereign non-belligerent country? By pointing out it's necessary to protect mother Russia and the world in general from the evil Ukraine. Predatory authoritarian governments have been using this play book for millennia.   

Permanent “External Enemy / War Economy ” status to deflect  from Internal Mismanagement. Orwell “1984” fully described it. 

59 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

maybe Russian tanks don't fly because they don't have wings?

“Javelin” is a surface-to- air missile so nothing to do with “tanks”.

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

my bloodthirsty friend, I'm sure you also have reliable sources. probably also the Bundeswehr.

Effective self -defense is being “ bloodthirsty” 🤣…. No. “ Bloodthirsty” is Putin and his insane Generals sacrificing their near useless untrained conscripts into the Ukraine meat- grinder 😩😫1000 dead Russians daily they say ? ….😠

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Effective self -defense is being “ bloodthirsty” 🤣…. No. “ Bloodthirsty” is Putin and his insane Generals sacrificing their near useless untrained conscripts into the Ukraine meat- grinder 😩😫1000 dead Russians daily they say ? ….😠

the same is said by the Russian military about the losses of Ukraine.  

What are we going to do about it?  Let me guess - only what the BBC said is true, right?

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

the same is said by the Russian military about the losses of Ukraine.  

What are we going to do about it?  Let me guess - only what the BBC said is true, right?

What is the instigator Putin going to do about it ? Nobody freakin’ cares what any Russian says …. and never has …they lie like breathing ….only what they DO matters  …..and no, not even RT is spouting that level of shite about Ukrainian army casualties …. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

I said only  “Javelin” ( UK anti -aircraft) not FGM-148 ( US anti -tank) . Easy mistake though …..

People forget the UK made a MANPADS called the Javelin. Interestingly the UK just announced today they are sending the Star Streak anti aircraft missiles to Ukraine 

Britain plans to supply Ukraine with anti-aircraft missiles - minister (msn.com)

Interesting weapon to say the least. Uses a laser for targeting instead of an IR/UV seeker like the Stinger. Much harder to fool as it doesn't go for flares. It also flies at Mach 4 which is much faster so more dangerous for jets. Last major difference is it doesn't use a proximity fuse, instead it actually penetrates the target before detonation. Suppose to be the most advanced MANPADS in service. This would be it's first actual combat, no doubt part of the reason it's being sent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, oldschooler said:

What is the instigator Putin going to do about it ? Nobody freakin’ cares what any Russian says …. and never has …they lie like breathing ….only what they DO matters  …..and no, not even RT is spouting that level of shite about Ukrainian army casualties …. 

This is a picture from yesterday's briefing by the RF Ministry of Defense. For 13 days, they claim the loss of 13,619 Ukrainian soldiers, that is, about 1,000 per day.

In Russia, no one cares what the British say, because there is an opinion that Britain is the talking head on the hand of the Americans.

Edited by Faz
image without link and in foreign language removed

Latest from the Defence Secretary Ben Wallace, he does go on to say that the figures he is quoting has come from Ukraine sources, but a pound to a pinch of sugar they will probably be more accurate than the Mickey Mouse figures coming out the Kremlin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

This is a picture from yesterday's briefing by the RF Ministry of Defense. For 13 days, they claim the loss of 13,619 Ukrainian soldiers, that is, about 1,000 per day.

In Russia, no one cares what the British say, because there is an opinion that Britain is the talking head on the hand of the Americans.

Amazing that the Ukrains are still fighting after such losses. 
84, are that drones? If so, I wonder whee thy got all those drones from. I know Turkey sold some, but I didn’t know so many.

I prefer to listen to other sources, as the Russians say the Ukrain losses are overwhelming, and the Ukrainians say the Russian losses are overwhelming.

My guess is that both sides lost less soldiers than the adversary says, and more than they say.

Edited by Faz
quoted image removed
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Fluke said:

You are being rather liberal with the truth there .

In 2014 there was civil unrest in the Ukraine by Russian supporting Ukrainian  citizens who opposed Ukraine aligning themselves with the E.U. 

There were 100 or so deaths in the fighting . 

The deaths were of people participating in the violent  disturbances , you make it sound as if thought innocent civilians were being murdered by the State

Go back to Russia if you like what’s happening???

Twice Putin has invaded !

Its all his fault and nobody else’s full stop 🛑 

You are listening to Russian Propaganda and drinking the kook Aid

• Like 1

Its time now to send planes in if it leads to WW3 so be it we have the equipment and man power to smash Russia. This leader who I wont name anymore is comitting Genocide and is Bombing Maternity hospitals killing preg mums and babies because he is losing militaraly. He has cut power to Chernobyl so only back up Generators are being used to Moniter the plant. This and Hospitals are not military targets. Once him and his generals are arrested there heads should be served up on a platter to the Internationlal courts on war crimes where he will be dealt with as a human rights violator and a war criminal.

This is a shite excuse pumped out by the Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova. Last week they claimed Ukraine was constructing a nuclear device. How do you reply to this KRLMRX. It's not the BBC reporting this its Russia's foreign minister.

Ukraine war: Russia launches fresh attempt to justify Putin's invasion | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Faz
inserted working link.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, vlad said:

This is a shite excuse pumped out by the Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova. Last week they claimed Ukraine was constructing a nuclear device. How do you reply to this KRLMRX. It's not the BBC reporting this its Russia's foreign minister.

Ukraine war: Russia launches fresh attempt to justify Putin's invasion | Daily Mail Online

Err..it's the Daily Mail, better known for it's 'column of shame' to the side of each page, discussing celebrity gossip. That and quoting house prices.

Edited by Faz
edited quote

3 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Err..it's the Daily Mail, better known for it's 'column of shame' to the side of each page, discussing celebrity gossip. That and quoting house prices.

No Poolie it was  Russia's Foreign Minister watch her rant.

26 minutes ago, vlad said:

So it says.

1 hour ago, Grant said:

Go back to Russia if you like what’s happening???

Twice Putin has invaded !

Its all his fault and nobody else’s full stop 🛑 

You are listening to Russian Propaganda and drinking the kook Aid

I do think that you misunderstood my post .

My post was in support of the Ukrainians and commenting on Russian aggression there (by ethic Russian Ukrainians )   

3 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

If you are so pro this war and your leader why don’t you get out of here and go and fight with your dad comrades?

I am glad Western gouvernments are more level headed than some posters here on the forum. Listening to them we’d have WWIII before midnight

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vlad said:

yes, the Russian Foreign Ministry reported that there are suspicions.  It remains to wait for evidence.  

But in general, this is not something unbelievable - politicians of the highest rank in Ukraine have repeatedly called for abandoning the nuclear-free status.  

At the last Munich Security Conference, Zelensky also hinted at this, threatening to refuse to implement the Budapest Memorandum (Ukraine's renunciation of nuclear weapons in exchange for security guarantees)

https://www.rebelnews.com/zelensky_suggests_ukraine_may_pursue_nuclear_weapons