News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES

Thaiger

8 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Moving the goalposts now are we

hardly, Ukraine violated the Minsk agreement. Period. And they didn't expect a response? so why did they sign it then in the first place? they thought they could get away with it? EU27 and US were not paying attention as usual, but Russia was.

Remember when Iraq violated their UN agreement? were you supportive of the illegal invasion of Iraq? and supporting the Iraq resistance? I certainly hope so, otherwise you come across as intellectually dishonest.

Edited by butterfly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

The big Russian bear appears to be more like a terrorist group than anything else.

maybe in your head, but that's not reality, so who cares 😀

Killing civilians but running away from serious engagements. 

war is dirty, how many innocent civilians were killed in all those conflicts the US started over the last 20 years. A lot. And yes, it's a disgrace for all parties. That's why you always want to avoid wars, and focus on diplomatic resolutions. And this is where we failed, again. Like we did in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm pro peace. Don't like to see civilians dying anywhere and would like to see a peaceful resolution that brings this war to an end as soon as possible. 

absolutely, and this should be the top priority, negotiating a cease fire at all costs. And yes, there is always one party losing on the deal, but it's still better than the alternatives, so at the end it's really a win-win for all.

Edited by butterfly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

the problem is Zelensky is butt hurt, he can't believe nobody came to his rescue, so he is desperate for attention, like any good comedian.

I guess his social media appearances are more important than finding a peaceful political solution.

That said, Lavrov is a very tough negotiator, much worse than Putin.

Zelensky is out of his league here,

Edited by butterfly

1 minute ago, butterfly said:

absolutely, and this should be the top priority, negotiating a cease fire at all costs. And yes, there is always one party losing on the deal, but it's still better than the alternatives, so at the end it's really a win-win.

But apparently we're pro Putin if we want peace

Too many keyboard warriors on here wanting Russia blown to bits without realising it will likely lead to millions of deaths for everyone. 

1 minute ago, butterfly said:

absolutely, and this should be the top priority, negotiating a cease fire at all costs. And yes, there is always one party losing on the deal, but it's still better than the alternatives, so at the end it's really a win-win.

There is one party losing and its not the Ukrainians. The Russians have still not seized stuff they believed they could take within the first 24 hours.

Make no mistake though. When all this is done its not over with. If Czar Putin is still alive he will be standing in a court being sentenced for war crimes.  

• Like 1

The Russians have still not seized stuff they believed they could take within the first 24 hours.

tbh, I don't think they are pushing really hard, they could have made far more damages. They are on restraints. For how long, that's another question. But do we really want to go there?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, butterfly said:

maybe in your head, but that's not reality, so who cares 😀

war is dirty, how many innocent civilians were killed in all those conflicts the US started over the last 20 years. A lot. And yes, it's a disgrace for all parties. That's why you always want to avoid wars, and focus on diplomatic resolutions. And this is where we failed, again. Like we did in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Czar Putin and his right wing neonazi thugs are the ones who constantly broke the first and indeed second Minsk agreements. 

He is also a compulsive liar. Right up until his illegal invasion started he claimed he was not going to invade. He always has been a liar. Always will be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

But apparently we're pro Putin if we want peace

Too many keyboard warriors on here wanting Russia blown to bits without realising it will likely lead to millions of deaths for everyone. 

yeah, saw that. It feels like Putin might be onto something about the west discrimination against everything Russian. Easy to forget how easily we in the west can be manipulated with a "free" press 😀

at the end, we are not different, and our leaders are as cynical as Putin himself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, butterfly said:

tbh, I don't think they are pushing really hard, they could have made far more damages. They are on restraints. For how long, that's another question. But do we really want to go there?

Oh good grief. They are now at the stage they are considering using chemical weapons.

Not pushing hard enough?

• Like 1

He is also a compulsive liar. Right up until his illegal invasion started he claimed he was not going to invade. He always has been a liar. Always will be. 

of course he is a liar, that's how all international leaders operate. Were you born yesterday? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

he will be standing in a court being sentenced for war crimes.  

we said the same thing over GW Bush and Cheney, and look where they are now. Retiring somewhere comfortably 😛

Edited by butterfly

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Oh good grief. They are now at the stage they are considering using chemical weapons.

Not pushing hard enough?

he is keeping all the nice toys for himself now, in case NATO starts acting crazy 😀

most of the tanks on the ground are old stuff, and the "soldiers" are "newbies"

He has a plan, is he going to invade another country next? I hope not,

Edited by butterfly

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

What the Germans did was over 80 years ago. Are you still harboring a grudge against the French over the battle of Hastings as well?

Worked in the stores then did you? 

I agree mate!

80 years ago now and most of the world said never again!

Then along came Putin Propaganda Kim Jong Il

And then America got a dummy Trump Putin’s Puppet ?

And the right are geeing up white supremacy and Nazi lovers again!

Shows that humans have very short memories!

I say give Putin a taste of his own medicine he gave to the opposition leader on the Airplane!

Game over!

• Like 1

yeah, saw that. It feels like Putin might be onto something about the west discrimination against everything Russian. Easy to forget how easily we in the west can be manipulated with a "free" press 😀

at the end, we are not different, and our leaders are as cynical as Putin himself.

Nobody cared about Russia. Right up to the point where he illegally invaded the Ukraine.

There was no discrimination up to that point because Russia didn't matter to anyone. Something Czar Putin hates because his ego demands people should listen to him and tremble at his voice.

Now though. Oh yeah. The world wants to see Czar Putin go down in flames. And rightly so.

• Haha 1

Not pushing hard enough?

Why don't you go over there and help out?

Ex military and all that I'm sure they'll be happy to have you. You can take Stardust with you for company also. 

Be easy for you as Russia are nothing to be afraid of right?

Or do you just pretend to be rambo behind a keyboard. 

meanwhile we have no plan, and the EU27 is drinking Champagne and fine dining with all leaders in Versailles and discussing "plans" for energy independence and the "impossible" dream of a common European Defense initiative for 2040 🤣

what a joke,

if I was Zelensky, my blood would be boiling

Edited by butterfly

hardly, Ukraine violated the Minsk agreement. Period. And they didn't expect a response? so why did they sign it then in the first place? they thought they could get away with it? EU27 and US were not paying attention as usual, but Russia did.

Remember when Iraq violated their UN agreement? were you supportive of the illegal invasion of Iraq? and supporting the Iraq resistance? I certainly hope so, otherwise you come across as intellectually dishonest.

You are either trolling or you are deliberately obfuscating, which one is it, now you have engaged in a round of whataboutery.

Are you classing Zelensky with Sadam Hussain, I wouldn't even go there if I were you. Sadam gassed 5000 Kurds, invaded Kuwait, Barzani killing of 5000, genocide of the Shias and the destruction of the Marsh Arabs, is the penny beginning to drop yet, no comparison with Zelensky.

This thread is Ukraine updates, however I left the trail for a moment to satisfy your deflection.

Last time! Putin illegally invaded Ukraine and there was no provocation for his murderous actions! Stop trying to justify all the murdering that is taking place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Nobody cared about Russia. Right up to the point where he illegally invaded the Ukraine.

if nobody cared, Putin would be treated as any African dictator invading his neighbor and tribe enemy, that is completely ignored and a free pass 🤣 

he is keeping all the nice toys for himself now, in case NATO starts acting crazy 😀

most of the tanks on the ground are old stuff, and the "soldiers" are "newbies"

He has a plan, is he going to invade another country next? I hope not,

He has virtually wiped out his own special forces within the first 24 hours of the war. 

If he is stupid enough to invade a NATO country its over. No way can that ragtag bag of Russian army forces face anything like professional western armies and air forces.

And the troops deployed by Russia were not the newbies. It was the best equipped Regiments Russia had to offer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, butterfly said:

if there is a chance for peace, why isn't Ukraine taking the chance? I guess they need more bodies so they can whine to the world how "unfair" things are

newsflash, it takes two to start a war and we are all guilty collectively for letting it happen

in the meantime, Biden fell asleep, as usual 🤣

The Russian version of peace basically means Ukrainian surrender.

Why don't the Russians show peacefulness and just pish off home?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Is that what he told you is it? They all claimed that in the end. 

I just see you as a fella with issues to be honest. 

It would help if you actually debated rather than telling everyone they no nothing and you know everything. Can't you see how childish you sound?

Your claims about Nato or Germany is rubbish and far from any debate, or come with from former Germany 80 years ago and to sombody who is one side from Europe and other part of the parents from south east asia and generations after ww2. Why not answer me if you will tell the same what you write here in the forum to the traumatized children who arrived without parents everyday at the trainstations in Berlin. I asked you that already! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You are either trolling or you are deliberately obfuscating, which one is it, now you have engaged in a round of whataboutery.

I think your morale compass is a bit off, and you don't understand the nuance of the situation. In a black and white mind, that can be constituted as trolling or "whataboutery".

Not my fault if you don't understand what I say. Just ignore me 😀

• Haha 1

if nobody cared, Putin would be treated as any African dictator invading his neighbor and tribe enemy, that is completely ignored and a free pass 🤣 

Because its in Europe and not Africa. And its the leader of Russia and not some African dictator.

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Because its in Europe and not Africa. And its the leader of Russia and not some African dictator.

no way, really? so Putin couldn't be ignored then, and why we actually care for him so much. Hence the hysterical reactions by the EU27 and US.

Love your contradiction mate, QED 🤣

You should join the Ukraine volunteer army then 😛

Edited by butterfly