News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES

Thaiger

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I really hope that you are right for everyone's sake. I'm leaning towards that opinion also

After two years of all this covid shit the last thing the world needs is another major war. 

Could be bleedin years before I get back to Thailand if that's the case

Years before I leave Thailand in my case …. two years not moving from Phuket 😉😎😃

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

All  business & govt linked in Putins Russia, as you well know 

if you do not already know this, then I inform you that any business in any country is connected with the government.  The larger the business, the more it is connected to the government.  The government is the biggest business.

• Haha 1

Just now, KRLMRX said:

The UN believes that up to 1 million dead are civilians. No one conducted an investigation into the causes of their death, but it happened exactly during the period when there were American soldiers in the country. Perhaps just a coincidence. Also, no one conducted investigations into the deaths of Ukrainian civilians. Alas

UN has no credibility in these or any matters much ….Saddams Army of 500k becoming  armed “insurgents” were no doubt counted as “civilians” being out of uniform were they ? ….🤣🤣🤨 

5 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Years before I leave Thailand in my case …. two years not moving from Phuket 😉😎😃

Haha yeah you'll be OK in neutral Thailand jammy git 😄 

8 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

The UN believes that up to 1 million dead are civilians. No one conducted an investigation into the causes of their death, but it happened exactly during the period when there were American soldiers in the country. Perhaps just a coincidence. Also, no one conducted investigations into the deaths of Ukrainian civilians. Alas

The UN also says it might only be 150K. And yes as you pointed out, they also don't actually know how many of them died and from what causes. Was it insurgents in direct combat with the US and it's allies, civilians caught in collateral damage, or was in intersectional fighting between various local groups fighting for control.

Not quite the same thing with Ukraine, they are not fighting among themselves. They are only fighting the Russians. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Not quite the same thing with Ukraine, they are not fighting among themselves. They are only fighting the Russians. 

same.  Ukraine has been in the hot phase of the civil war for 8 years

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

if you do not already know this, then I inform you that any business in any country is connected with the government.  The larger the business, the more it is connected to the government.  The government is the biggest business.

No. Don’t be Absurd. Russian “Govt.” not remotely comparable to the West.
Putin controls the Oligarchs who stole/ own / control all Major Russian Business. Oligarchs stay out of Politics & pay Putin half of all profits. Putin pays off the FSB Goons that enforce this Kleptocracy. That is the travesty & dark comedy of “government”’ in Putins Russia. Any non- compliance is dealt with by arrest for “tax evasion” and jail or exile or death.

Pure Russian Creation. NOTHING like that brutal Terror exists in the West. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

NOTHING like that brutal Terror exists in the West. 

blessed is he who believes. the harder it will be for you to face reality.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Pretty sure what's happening right now is called an invasion. The prior 8 years was also arguably called an invasion depending on which side is talking. So no it's not the same. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KRLMRX said:

Only on the western edges of the separatist republics created solely by Russian Force. 1% or less Ukraine Land.  Separatists being crushed before Russia intervened. But  you carry on with your exaggerated transparent propaganda.You forgot to parrot the “ genocide” lie invented by Putin. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

blessed is he who believes. the harder it will be for you to face reality.

THIS is your feeble riddle response when your favorite terror Govt. system laid bare? That we DO have Putins Kleptocracy in the West ? But wait, that’s just you saying that, with no evidence ….. right 🤣🤣😉😫

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Pretty sure what's happening right now is called an invasion. The prior 8 years was also arguably called an invasion depending on which side is talking. So no it's not the same. 

in Iraq, a civil war after the US invasion; in Ukraine, a civil war after the Russian invasion.  what is the difference?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

but the US did it and suffered no punishment.

indeed, how soon we forget how much the US got away with mass murder

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

but the US did it and suffered no punishment. Why do you deny Putin's Russia this?

The UN also condemned Russia, the press inside Russia also condemned for a while, then it was banned. But you also banned some media.

the real question is - What is Putin doing that "free western democracies" haven't done?

that's the real question indeed,

all a question of perspective and "funny" moral compass 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Ukraine has been in the hot phase of the civil war for 8 years

the war in Ukraine started in 2014, and has been in a temporary cease fire, and since western diplomacy failed to resolve that conflict, it's a continuation of 2014

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

UN does NOT  believe that ….. more like my 150k…. and none of those were  “civilians” 😎Correlation is not always Causation. 😏

16 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Only on the western edges of the separatist republics created solely by Russian Force. 1% or less Ukraine Land.  Separatists being crushed before Russia intervened. But  you carry on with your exaggerated transparent propaganda.You forgot to parrot the “ genocide” lie invented by Putin. 

only on the northern outskirts of Iraq, created exclusively by the US invasion, 3 or 5% of the territory, the absence of separatists and terrorists before the US intervention. But you continue your exaggerated propaganda. You forgot to repeat Bush's lie about chemical weapons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

in Iraq, a civil war after the US invasion; in Ukraine, a civil war after the Russian invasion.  what is the difference?

Iraq was a murderous genocidal tyranny which invaded Iran & Kuwait and gassed its Kurd civilians which was invaded for good reason by Democracies.  Ukraine a peaceful Democracy invaded by Tyrant whom” felt” threatened.

Trust the blindingly obvious “‘difference” is made clear now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

Iraq was a murderous genocidal tyranny which invaded Iran & Kuwait and gassed its Kurd civilians which was invaded for good reason by Democracies.  Ukraine a peaceful Democracy invaded by Tyrant whom” felt” threatened.

Trust the blindingly obvious “‘difference” is made clear now.

when it was a tyranny, the death rate was average for the region.  when democracy came, the death rate increased by an order of magnitude.  coincidence, I understand.

3 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

only on the northern outskirts of Iraq, created exclusively by the US invasion, 3 or 5% of the territory, the absence of separatists and terrorists before the US intervention. But you continue your exaggerated propaganda. You forgot to repeat Bush's lie about chemical weapons.

Whole of Iraq liberated by US / UK including oppressed Kurdish North.

Entire Nation a Terrorist State. Sunnis, Shiites & Kurds all wanted Separation like Yugoslavia in fact. Kurd Towns were Gassed by Iraq. Gas a Chemical Weapon WMD intact. I’m Talking Facts here.  

2 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

when it was a tyranny, the death rate was average for the region.  when democracy came, the death rate increased by an order of magnitude.  coincidence, I understand.

Tyranny inevitably brings Death to the tyrannizers. Russia finding that out yet again aren’t they ? Incapable of change. Spent  their entire 1000 year of history swapping one tyrant for another. 

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Entire Nation a Terrorist State.

because of such narrow-minded chauvinism, we have endless crises and wars on the planet.

11 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

I'm not sure what happen during the US invasion can be called a civil war. It was more like various gangs and criminal organizations fighting each other over control of illegal activity. The civil war happen after the US left (something you can certainly blame on the US).  

Russia sent troops into the two regions in order to instigated fighting with the national government. Much more like the classic definition of an invasion than Iraq. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Tyranny inevitably brings Death to the tyrannizers. Russia finding that out yet again aren’t they ? Incapable of change. Spent  their entire 1000 year of history swapping one tyrant for another. 

free democracies for 1000 years gave toys to children and sang in the church choir, yes.

1 minute ago, EdwardV said:

I'm not sure what happen during the US invasion can be called a civil war. It was more like various gangs and criminal organizations fighting each other over control of illegal activity. The civil war happen after the US left (something you can certainly blame on the US).  

Russia sent troops into the two regions in order to instigated fighting with the national government. Much more like the classic definition of an invasion than Iraq. 

it all depends on the process of observation and the tools of the observer, as in quantum physics

59 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Well here's one.....Iraq started the invading when they went into Kuwait.