News Forum - Russia attacks Ukraine from three fronts, explosions in major cities

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Alavan said:

you can’t win an election if you don’t participate. Donbas is 4 million habitants on a total of 40.

6 million for 2014

after "pro-Western" forces came to power in Ukraine in 2014, one of the first decrees they banned the use of the Russian language in official correspondence and banned all parties oriented towards Russians in the east of Ukraine.

it is difficult to vote for those who are not on the lists, especially at the moment when they shoot at you from a rocket launcher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

I just wanted to point out to the  Biden is gutless, and NATO needs to attack brigade what Putins endgame will be if NATO tries do destroy his Army.

Putin will not cross the Ukrainian border in hot pursuit of fleeing refugees, because he knows NATO will hit and hard. That is because of what he has done. As for Biden  ... Here is a little reality dose. Its international but it is always national. If Biden acts like a pussy he gets jumped in the US. So he is going to be hyper on it. Truthfully this could be bloody dangerous but this is the new normal that US politics has created--- fricking IDIOTS. BTW since we are dissing on Biden, the reason Putin loved Trump should be understandable now. Putin knew Trump was an easy mark, while Dementia Joe is never going to be gulled like Donnie.

It's 9PM here and looks like we are cranking up the Whiskey Smashes.

Aloha

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

disconnecting from Swift will not change anything - only 10% of Russians travel the world, the country has its own settlement system.

Kicking them out of swift is not about small time members of the public it's about multi-million euro and dollar deals being done by businesses, millionaires and governments. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

Kicking them out of swift is not about small time members of the public it's about multi-million euro and dollar deals being done by businesses, millionaires and governments. 

Swift, although dominant, is not the only system of interbank settlements;

if the West completely blocks trade with Russia, then it will work, but ..

but you understand that Europe will not give up Russian oil and gas.

business, nothing personal.

Its a fake link. BBC Russia is not the the same web address as you linked to. 

Edited by KaptainRob
Quote deleted
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Swift, although dominant, is not the only system of interbank settlements;

if the West completely blocks trade with Russia, then it will work, but ..

but you understand that Europe will not give up Russian oil and gas.

business, nothing personal.

They can give up Russian gas, and oil it's just a case of whether they will or whether they will ha e a choice. Putin ould shut off the gas in an attempt to make them back down. Europe can obtain gas supplies from elsewhere for instance Australia can supply 60-70% of the entire European market its shipping cost is higher but the EU and Australia have the whole European summer to organise the logistics. Further because the Russia/China pipeline is under construction Australia is looking for new markets for its gas. 

images_1645756917950.jpeg

• Cool 1

Honestly Putin is making a smart move. I am not condoning the invasion. I call it like I see it without letting emotions sway my words or thoughts on this. Think of it this way, you steal a $2000 watch and the penalty for stealing that watch is $100. Would it be a smart move to steal the watch? Of course! Is it right? No. It’s still the smart move and that is what Putin is doing. The current sanctions are nothing compared to the gain. It comes down to money and the rest of Europe needs the oil and gas from Russia. They won’t cut off Russia completely like they need to. If you find my perspective offensive perhaps you need a reality check. Money makes the world go around and greed is what leads to events like this. Greed and the hunger for power are evil things.

Edited by DontacoXII
  • Like 2

<quote deleted>

Good luck posting fake websites on a public forum.

Second Putin Bot exposed today. I'm on a roll.

If this is the best the Kremlin can provide I fear for your troops which have illegally invaded a sovereign nation.

Not going well is it Putin Bot.

Edited by KaptainRob
Quote deleted
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DontacoXII said:

Honestly Putin is making a smart move. I am not condoning the invasion. I call it like I see it without letting emotions sway my words or thoughts on this. Think of it this way, you steal a $2000 watch and the penalty for stealing that watch is $100. Would it be a smart move to steal the watch? Of course! Is it right? No. It’s still the smart move and that is what Putin is doing. The current sanctions are nothing compared to the gain. It comes down to money and the rest of Europe needs the oil and gas from Russia. They won’t cut off Russia completely like they need to. If you find my perspective offensive perhaps you need a reality check. Money makes the world go around and greed is what leads to events like this. Greed and the hunger for power are evil things.

But stealing the watch gets you a criminal record and totally screws up your life/familly and finances. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaidup said:

So Europe is still buying energy from Russia, and the Ruble has lost almost 50% in value.

Tell me if I wrong, but does that mean that Russia is making more Rubles per cubic meter of gas etc?

Example, If a cubic meter was 1000 Ruble before, now they are making 1500 ruble per cubic meter, hypothetically speaking.

Yes, Europe is buying "Energy" from Russia. So is the US, about 18 million barrel of Oil and Oilproducts/month.

And assumingly they charge Europe in Euro, and the US in US.

But like with other stuff, it just may be that the stu... european countries convert the Euro to US and pay with that. Like they are selling Airbus jets  worldwide in US, just Euro countries pay in Euro.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ben said:

This is exactly how WWII started. „Let him do…“

Sadly Ben Ukraine is not a member of Nato  so we cannot wade in to help them. Putin knows this. If he entered Poland or Hungary we would have Typhoons flying over head already protecting a no fly zone because there members of Nato Ben.

A video of an Armoured tracked vehicle has just been shown on Sky News deliberately swerving and driving over a car that was being driven by a Ukrainian. In the video, several Ukrainians pull the driver out uninjured. So much for the liar Putin telling everyone we are only hitting military targets.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But stealing the watch gets you a criminal record and totally screws up your life/familly and finances. 

No I said the penalty for stealing the watch was $100. That’s it. That’s what Putin is doing. Meaning the penalty to him virtually nothing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

Which is why they did it. Had Japan also had nukes, everything woulda been different.

They did it to save estimated 150k lost American lives to invade & occupy Japan. Japan was prepared to die to the last woman & child to avoid the “ dishonor” of surrender. Two atom bombs & two vaporized later they STILL held that view. Took their Emperor to then step in & say enough. Japan had no nuclear program and no way to bomb US mainland. (Off Topic).

• Like 2

Topic is locked for review.

Posts are being reviewed against the following forum guideline rules.
Do not defame, insult, bully, or harass, any other member, person, or organisation. Be respectful of a person’s country, race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion, political beliefs, education, career choice and age.

Understand that the Forum considers “Facts” to differ from a “Personal Opinion.” Facts may be inferred or quoted. Members are responsible to make sure their Posts are not misleading and do not knowingly share articles, pictures and videos previously identified as Misinformation.

• Thanks 2

A large number of posts have been removed for various reasons and members will receive warnings and penalty points for making disparaging comments or breaching other rules.

Thread is re-opened and all members are reminded to stay on-topic, be civil towards others with differing opinions and to abide by the posting guidelines regarding LINKS and images.

• Like 2

Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak tweeted a picture of a convoy of arms heading towards Ukraine in a show of support and solidarity with the Ukrainians. Since Poland is a NATO member will Putin think of this as a NATO indirect intervention?        

<attachment without source verification removed>

Edited by KaptainRob
Refer Forum Guidelines

4 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Błaszczak tweeted a picture of a convoy of arms heading towards Ukraine in a show of support and solidarity with the Ukrainians. Since Poland is a NATO member will Putin think of this as a NATO indirect intervention?        

<attachment without source verification removed>

People didn't believe this invasion could happen.

People don't believe nuclear war will happen.

4 minutes ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

People didn't believe this invasion could happen.

People don't believe nuclear war will happen.

It wont unless America decides it will.

14 hours ago, DontacoXII said:

No I said the penalty for stealing the watch was $100. That’s it. That’s what Putin is doing. Meaning the penalty to him virtually nothing.

Won’t be “nothing” if/ when Russia cut off from USD & SWIFT. Russian tiny pitiful economy would collapse.

UK pushed for those measures but the backsliding has- dependent EU cowards vetoed it …..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Poolie said:

It wont unless America decides it will.

Uninformed or dim with head up their arse believed this invasion wouldn’t happen. Just listen to the leaders of the English speaking NATO nations for a change! They were issuing Satellite Imagery- based Intel FACTUAL reports that invasion was certain, for many weeks. 😠😩

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mudshark said:

Putin will not cross the Ukrainian border in hot pursuit of fleeing refugees, because he knows NATO will hit and hard. That is because of what he has done. As for Biden  ... Here is a little reality dose. Its international but it is always national. If Biden acts like a pussy he gets jumped in the US. So he is going to be hyper on it. Truthfully this could be bloody dangerous but this is the new normal that US politics has created--- fricking IDIOTS. BTW since we are dissing on Biden, the reason Putin loved Trump should be understandable now. Putin knew Trump was an easy mark, while Dementia Joe is never going to be gulled like Donnie.

It's 9PM here and looks like we are cranking up the Whiskey Smashes.

Aloha

NATO Position Clear. Obliged if focus is kept on Invasion / Situation FACTS & Analysis not irrelevant effing Biden / Trump shit. 😎

• Like 2