News Forum - Russia attacks Ukraine from three fronts, explosions in major cities

Thaiger

I wonder how many here have ever been to the Ukraine and Russia? but suddenly, as with many other subjects everyone seems to be an overnight expert on the area, with the help of professor Google of course. I have been to both since 1970.

12 hours ago, Poolie said:

Depends of course what you're watching.

Here is the translation we are receiving across multiple networks across the world:

“whoever tries to hinder us” will face “consequences that you have never faced in your history.” - Putin

What's the translation you are being fed by your SINGLE Russian propaganda outlet?

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

I didn’t think that I would ever agree with you, but it seems that such a development of events will be better for everyone

- for President Zelensky (he will retain power and will be able to continue trading with Europe with his desire for freedom),

- for Putin (the hero of the victory over the West and savior of the Russian world),

- for vegetarian Europe - the nightmare is over, you can trade again,

- and, most importantly, for the inhabitants of Ukraine, they will finally stop killing them.

Are all Russians as easily brainwashed as you?  

If you are truly a good representation of this kind of intellect, no one can save the Russian world.

It will either crumble into agrarian oblivion or be utterly destroyed by nuclear missiles.

Edited by KomanderChicknNugget
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

9 minutes ago, Mudshark said:

It's good for a soundbite and likely as much for internal Russian consumption. You wonder what the reaction in Stockholm and Helsinki was; 'huh what the Heck is he on about now'  

Putin is delusional

• Like 1

One thing that is becoming increasingly clear, Biden's foreign policy (clearly unable to use diplomacy) has now moved even more countries over to the Russian side of the equation. The recent U.N. Security Council vote to condemn the "Russian Invasion" resulted in India and the UAE abstaining in the vote. With the expected veto by Russia, and now China, India and the UAE abstaining, we are beginning to see just how inept Washington has become. One now must wonder, where the situation would be if Trump had remained POTUS. 

25 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

One thing that is becoming increasingly clear, Biden's foreign policy (clearly unable to use diplomacy) has now moved even more countries over to the Russian side of the equation. The recent U.N. Security Council vote to condemn the "Russian Invasion" resulted in India and the UAE abstaining in the vote. With the expected veto by Russia, and now China, India and the UAE abstaining, we are beginning to see just how inept Washington has become. One now must wonder, where the situation would be if Trump had remained POTUS. 

The situation would be that Trump says whatever Putin tells him otherwise they release the golden shower video. 

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The situation would be that Trump says whatever Putin tells him otherwise they release the golden shower video. 

Ahh... right of course. Lol. Amateur hour on this platform. 

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

China, India and the UAE abstaining

You’re kidding right? China and the UAE are both authoritarian counties. Birds of a feather. The fact they didn’t vote against the resolution is more of a sign than the fact they abstained. As for India, they have a long history of not taking sides in anything that doesn’t directly effect them. They also use Russia as a counterweight to China (who they hate for obvious reasons). Again meaningless. The fact everyone else voted in favor, some of who were Russia friendly countries says more. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Got a link to that? 🤣

• Haha 1

On 2/25/2022 at 11:50 PM, KRLMRX said:

disconnecting from Swift will not change anything - only 10% of Russians travel the world, the country has its own settlement system.

SWIFT means a great deal to Russian international banking - if fully implemented forecast to reduce Russian GDP by 5% which is a significant figure.

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

One now must wonder, where the situation would be if Trump had remained POTUS. 

I'll take a guess:  Kiev would have fallen 6 months ago, and Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania would already be in Putin's hands.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

13 minutes ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

I'll take a guess:  Kiev would have fallen 6 months ago, and Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania would already be in Putin's hands.

I hope you're not a gambler, Commander?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PBS said:

SWIFT means a great deal to Russian international banking - if fully implemented forecast to reduce Russian GDP by 5% which is a significant figure.

Interestingly China is not coming to the  rescue as was expected. From ABC news: 

The official said that recent reports that some Chinese banks have stopped issuing letters of credit for purchases of physical commodities from Russia were a positive sign. This "suggests that, much like has been the pattern for years and years, China has tended to respect the force of U.S. sanctions," the official added.

in addition the EU has moved to block Russia from using its foreign reserves in Euros. This is big as Russia in an attempt to protect themselves from being blocked in use of their dollar reserves converted many of them to Euros instead. 

Oh and Germany and Finland have decided to send weapons to Ukraine. The German decision is huge for more than one reason. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fester said:

I hope you're not a gambler, Commander?

Ok you're right.  I'm not thinking bigly enough.  Putin would currently have Poland, Slovakia and the Austro-Hungarian empire as well.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

Ok you're right.  I'm not thinking bigly enough.  Putin would currently have Poland, Slovakia and the Austro-Hungarian empire as well.

Austro-Hungarian empire? So you were joking all along.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:27 PM, vlad said:

Sadly Ben Ukraine is not a member of Nato  so we cannot wade in to help them. Putin knows this. If he entered Poland or Hungary we would have Typhoons flying over head already protecting a no fly zone because there members of Nato Ben.

Correct but there’s  wading in then there’s going around the back door. 

I’m pretty sure western intelligence, military strategists are in contact with the Ukrainians 24/7 ‘advising’ and how do we know a few items of artillery aren’t being shipped in ? 

With the general levels of world condemnation, I can’t see the Ukrainians running out of rifles anytime soon. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sarisin said:

I wonder how many here have ever been to the Ukraine and Russia? but suddenly, as with many other subjects everyone seems to be an overnight expert on the area, with the help of professor Google of course. I have been to both since 1970.

Ukraine yes Russia No. 

Enjoyed it there with Miss World standard fillies strutting about everywhere. Though Estonia is even better! They should all be evacuated immediately, the children afterwards! 

But I get your point yes, at times like this Google nearly gets broken with plagiarists lifting content and relaying it as their own 😃 we know who you are! 

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I’m pretty sure western intelligence, military strategists are in contact with the Ukrainians 24/7 ‘advising’ and how do we know a few items of artillery aren’t being shipped in ? 

It’s not like they are hiding it. In fact, German just announced in the press they are sending 1,000 anti tank rockets and 500 anti aircraft missiles. After all there is nothing against the law written or unwritten in picking sides and sending arms. All countries do it including Russia over the centuries. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KomanderChicknNugget said:

Here is the translation we are receiving across multiple networks across the world:

“whoever tries to hinder us” will face “consequences that you have never faced in your history.” - Putin

What's the translation you are being fed by your SINGLE Russian propaganda outlet?

Too many assumptions on what I'm getting information from. No-one here has the slightest bias.

3 hours ago, PBS said:

it will work if you completely block trade with Russia. Which is impossible as long as there is oil, gas and other raw materials. Disconnecting several, even large, banks from SWIFT leaves room for maneuver. Believe me, -5% of GDP is not critical for the leadership of Russia.

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

it will work if you completely block trade with Russia. Which is impossible as long as there is oil, gas and other raw materials. Disconnecting several, even large, banks from SWIFT leaves room for maneuver. Believe me, -5% of GDP is not critical for the leadership of Russia.

Agree not critical, but would hurt. Understand Russia is a large exporter of energy / raw materials, but some nations are already seeking to seek alternative sources of energy e.g. Australia. Have to wait and see if policies to isolate Russia from the global economy ramp up or not.

7 hours ago, EdwardV said:

You’re kidding right? China and the UAE are both authoritarian counties. Birds of a feather. The fact they didn’t vote against the resolution is more of a sign than the fact they abstained. As for India, they have a long history of not taking sides in anything that doesn’t directly effect them. They also use Russia as a counterweight to China (who they hate for obvious reasons). Again meaningless. The fact everyone else voted in favor, some of who were Russia friendly countries says more. 

Don't be surprised when these same countries funnel the Ruble through their countries when the SWIFT sanctions take place. Then you'll understand who they are siding with. 

3 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Don't be surprised when these same countries funnel the Ruble through their countries when the SWIFT sanctions take place. Then you'll understand who they are siding with. 

I think we already know who they sided with. However China has already started to cut off Russia. Don’t be surprised if they are more afraid of damaging their current fragile economy by bucking sanctions than wanting to show solidarity with Russia. Money talks, BS walks. 

Law of unintended consequences. Germany just pledged to spend 100B Euros for their 2022 defense budget. That’s well over 2% of GDP and an increase from their 2021 budget of just 47B. Three different US presidents couldn’t get them to meet the 2% pledge, but leave it to Putin to get them to blow past it. Germany is going to rearm. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

I think we already know who they sided with. However China has already started to cut off Russia. Don’t be surprised if they are more afraid of damaging their current fragile economy by bucking sanctions than wanting to show solidarity with Russia. Money talks, BS walks. 

Law of unintended consequences. Germany just pledged to spend 100B Euros for their 2022 defense budget. That’s well over 2% of GDP and an increase from their 2021 budget of just 47B. Three different US presidents couldn’t get them to meet the 2% pledge, but leave it to Putin to get them to blow past it. Germany is going to rearm. 

Any evidence for that statement?