News Forum - Russia attacks Ukraine from three fronts, explosions in major cities

Thaiger

52 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Since 2014 there has been democratic elections, and the Russian minded people could also vote. Seems they didn’t win. Also the President of 2014 lost and they now have president who was an actor before.

unfortunately, this is a myth supported by the Euro-Atlantic media.  there are no democratic elections in Ukraine (see persecution of Shariy's party and other opposition forces).  All political forces that even slightly protect the interests of Russians are outlawed.  I'm not even talking about the left flank - they are simply destroyed, many members are killed.

if you see Putin and his acolytes saying they are attacking neo- fascist, WTF?

Stepan Bandera, Roman Shukhevych are the official and actual heroes of modern Ukraine, monuments are erected to them, children are taught in schools by their example.  Read about the "exploits" of these characters.  For starters, they were in the service of the Wehrmacht and participated (often personally) in the massacres of Jews, Russians, Belarusians and Ukrainians who did not consider Russians enemies.

Putin never could accept the implosion of the Sovjet Union

For the past few years, Putin has been publicly blaming the USSR for most of Russia's problems today.  The more problems in Russia, the more the fault of the USSR.  Now Putin is a champion of the greatness of the Russian Empire, that is, an ardent anti-communist.

Edited by KRLMRX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, butterfly said:

not really, he just cornered NATO

In what way is NATO cornered? Interesting and baffling at the same time. I have a feeling you don't really know either.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

In what way is NATO cornered? Interesting and baffling at the same time. I have a feeling you don't really know either.   

NATO can't do shit, and Ukraine calls for the west to intervene is not going to happen, and Ukraine will be abandoned to its fate

Once Ukraine understands it was f**ked and ignored by the west, it will serve as an example for others

1 minute ago, butterfly said:

NATO can't do shit, and Ukraine calls for the west to intervene is not going to happen, and Ukraine will be abandoned to its fate

Once Ukraine understands it was f**ked and ignored by the west, it will serve as an example for others

The Ukraine isn't a NATO country, that was a fact before Russia decided to invade. That's not anything Putin did to make it so. The fact NATO chooses not to do anything, doesn't mean they couldn't if they changed their mind. One does not preclude the other. 

I think you might have that backward. No doubt the irony will be lost on Mr. Putin. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

The fact NATO chooses not to do anything, doesn't mean they couldn't if they changed their mind

but they can't legally and they would be in violation of their own charter,

get with a program, you are a bit behind 😀

NATO cornered, thanks to Biden with his hot air posture and empty threats

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Yes and No.  What happened when USSR started to destabilised in 1989 (Berlin Wall etc.) was that there was agreements put in place in 1991 for the creation of Ukraine and other countries - one of the very clear conditions that Russia agreed was that Ukraine never joined NATO, and remained as a neutral 'buffer zone' between NATO and Russia.

Yes it can't be overlooked that even back in 1989 then Soviet leader Gorbachev sought assurances from the U S that NATO would not expand east if the Soviet's allowed East Germany to de-exist and become a unified Germany again .. it is said the USSR interpreted U S Secretary of State James Baker's words of " not an inch east " to mean no further NATO expansion east full stop while the U S claim that only referred to Germany as at the time it was not envisaged that other former Soviet Bloc countries would express a wish to join the organisation .. it is this agreement that Putin has referenced in the past in his railing against more and more countries applying for and being granted membership .. Yeltsin also tried to get Prez' Clinton to commit to no further expansion 1997 but without much success .. but Putin in his perceived hatred of NATO tends to overlook the fact that he after taking the reigns from Yeltsin approached the E U about membership for economic benefits and joining NATO to be told they have to go through the same vetting , application procedure as any other country which irked him greatly as the Great Russia could not queue up alongside countries like the Baltic nations .. that in part feeds his dislike of NATO but he cannot rail against a country that had to live under the yoke of the Soviet's for decades who then wish to join an organisation that protects them from it happening again ..  

If bojo the clown in london is to be believed by next week the rouble will be essentially worthless as an international currency.this will probably mean the end of russian guest's visiting thailand for who knows how long.glad I don't own a 7/11 in phuket or pattaya.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cathat said:

If bojo the clown in london is to be believed by next week the rouble will be essentially worthless as an international currency.this will probably mean the end of russian guest's visiting thailand for who knows how long.glad I don't own a 7/11 in phuket or pattaya.

I'm sure the sort of Russians who visit Thailand keep cash in other currencies.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, butterfly said:

Strange mentality, you seem happy a complete country with all its inhabitants must serve as an example… for what?

Wanting to be free, not wanting a Russian despot steering their life?

And Ukraine doesn’t want NATO to intervene, they asked weapons to defend themselves against a foreign dictator

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

The military forces of the self-proclaimed DPR and LPR, with fire support from the Russian army, are attacking Ukrainian positions, as far as I understand, the goal is to reach the borders of the regions of these regions in 2014.  

How far is Kiev and Lviv from that border?

9 hours ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

Yes but the times have changed. Back then there were no weapons that could wipe the entire earths population with a few tenths of strikes. 

I reckon both parties will realize of this before wiping out earth. Nobody wins in a nuclear war.

America did when they flattened Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Well Mr Karl Marx that counts as an invasion and nothing to do with "peace keeping" operations in Donbass is it.

So Putin his lied repeatedly. 

Belarus has also been sanctioned for aiding Russia using their borders for the invasion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 1l1 said:

Russia and China are cofounders of UN.

China was no cofounder of UN. China just replaced Taiwan in th UN after Nixon recognized them in stead of Taiwan. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vlad said:

America did when they flattened Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Which is why they did it. Had Japan also had nukes, everything woulda been different.

5 hours ago, whitesnake said:

And, of course, this puts the kye-wash on Russian Tourists being welcomed into Thailand!

One more thing ... watch a litre of petrol soon hit in excess of 50 Baht!! (maybe higher!!) Brent crude the highest it's been today since 2014: $105 per barrel and set to rise higher!!

Thais soon won't be able to fill up their trucks at a cost of 70 litres x 50 THB...3,500 Baht to fill your tank!!!??OMFG!  Something Thais have never experienced, along with huge rises in food and other consumer goods!! The "Thai Good-life" is vanishing... for GOOD! Wake up everyone... trouble ahead. 

One of the Sanctions Whitesnake we in the UK have banned Aeroflot from flying into the uk. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, huhuarf said:

The average person here won't give two shits about Ukraine. If Russian tourists don't come it'll be due to not having funds

Unless the Thai government does what the UK  government has today done, ban Aeroflot from landing in the UK.

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

Just read Russia is going after Chernobyl nuclear power plant, wonder if this changes things, im not a military person or history person

It's not even producing power dj230 but Putin can use it as a pawn such as threaten us and we will destroy it. Potentially contaminating all Europe for years he won't need to Nuke anyone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

It's not even producing power dj230 but Putin can use it as a pawn such as threaten us and we will destroy it. Potentially contaminating all Europe for years he won't need to Nuke anyone.

With prevailing Southwesterly winds it is not only Europe he will contaminate

51 minutes ago, Cathat said:

This Clown as you describe him has just banned Aeroflot from flying into the UK and made sure no money is invested in UK Banks.

• Like 2

Sanctions will take many months to impact on the Russian economy. In that time how many lives will be lost in Ukraine and thier democracy stripped from them. 

Putin writes his own history with out any regards to global peace and stability. He's a thug from the old guard of the Soviet Union, and he wants Russia to return to those days and be united under the one flag.

• Like 2

It is terrible.  I was on vacation in Ukraine 2 times and the country are beautifull   poor but friendly welcoming peole..   the air hostes sit be side me   and asked me if I like her country . for sure   and she was happy that people from Denmark went there and enjoyed it  --   it is supercheap and heartly welcoming peole-

Now all that has been destroyed by a insane massmurder..   a russian . again of course --  how sad -  I was crying when I saw the news today... support for Ukraine, , 

• Like 1