News Forum - BREAKING: Registration closes for Test & Go starting today

Thaiger

Just now, Aevan said:

Oh I understand. But even the article has posted the actual new rules and it also states nothing in relation to the 10th of january. Everything else is true, the 10th of january part simply is not. As of now.

as of now, we don't know what Friday brings or tomorrow. As this was an emergency meeting just to withdraw new applications on the Test & Go. There is various forms of news in Thailand, this can be a rumor that comes true, another one can be Netherlands being removed from the "green listed" countries and your ThailandPass being revoked next week. Fact is till now they say you can enter, but this might change after the super seeder events on NYE.

Every day stuff can change even the rules can change without notification it has been said already in this topic, the country is controlled by military they aren't very good in communications.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

as of now, we don't know what Friday brings or tomorrow. As this was an emergency meeting just to withdraw new applications on the Test & Go. There is various forms of news in Thailand, this can be a rumor that comes true, another one can be Netherlands being removed from the "green listed" countries and your ThailandPass being revoked next week. Fact is till now they say you can enter, but this might change after the super seeder events on NYE.

Every day stuff can change even the rules can change without notification it has been said already in this topic, the country is controlled by military they aren't very good in communications.

Yeah, you're 100% correct there. I won't count myself lucky just yet. Just stating that these are the rules now but I'm fully aware that the rules could change tomorrow. But, especially in these times, with ever changing rules, it's important to keep the information clear, even though it may change tomorrow.

For NOW, Thailand Pass holders are still able to enter the country, regardless of entry date. Even though that may change tomorrow.

Edited by Aevan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aevan said:

This article is wrong. This article states that you must enter Thailand before the 10th of january for your Thailand Pass to be valid, however that is NOT true.

If you have an approved Thailand Pass, at this very moment you are allowed to enter Thailand, even if you arrive AFTER the 10th of january.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-pass-temporarily-suspended-those-received-qr-code-can-enter/

There is no mention of Thailand Passes for people arriving after the 10th being invalid.

If The Thaiger has this information wrong it will certainly modify it as soon as we can verify the information. 

33 minutes ago, TimothyN said:

The information about the sunset clause for valid Thailand passes on January 10, 2022 was sourced from Thai media quoting the CCSA. And if you believe everything printed by the TAT, you're making a big mistake.

In that case, people could just apply for say a June 2022 entry. Doesnt make sense they would give such a long lead time. Defeats the purpose of the suspension.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So basically you are saying you don't give a fcuk if you are positive while visiting a country, just as long as they can't have the chance to catch that by testing you 

And people wonder why some Thai dislike foreigners 

What are you saying - that it is OK for thousands of Thais to test positive every day, but a few 'dirty farangs' are unacceptable and must be stopped at all costs.  They are not testing Thais who travel between Provinces, and they cannot catch/test all the illegals walking in from the neighbouring countries, and Thais try to avoid being tested because it means enforced quarantine if positive. The number of infected people in Thailand massively outnumber the small number of tourists testing positive. But you attack the 'dirty farangs'?   Me thinks you listen to the Thai Health Minister much too much - and have become Xenophobic. 

And people wonder why the local Expats in Thailand avoid the apologists.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

not only Thais dislike foreigners. I started disliking some myself too. Loud behavior for example.

I for one don't see myself as a Farang, but I do understand many of the Farang rants I hear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

For those asking lots of questions because there has been a lot of media misinformation.  This has happened because of the constant rule changes and press releases - because of the extremely disjointed and badly organised Thai Govt.  Media organisations are reluctant to publish too 'definitive' a statement, because the information is different depending on which source they would quote - The Cabinet Office, TAT, CCSA, The PM, The Health Minister, various Provincial Governors, 'representative' Govt organisations and Departments.  And it could all change back tomorrow.  Until the PM signs the 'Order' and then the Order is published in the Royal Gazette the exact Order is not 'Law' and the details are not certain.

Because Richard Barrow is recognised as a leading travel blogger by the Thai Govt, he usually has the latest and correct information - but not always, as no-one does.   Quote:  "A senior official at the Consular Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs just called me to set the record straight about what is really happening." This link from Richard today is as good as it is going to get for a day or so:

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/richardbarrow/issues/full-details-about-suspension-of-test-and-go-947139

Things will be further clarified over the coming days, and they they will be changed again, and then clarified again, and then changed again - and rinsed and repeated - and so forth and so forth.

Same as it ever was.

4 hours ago, Beaker said:

This is about the best outcome really. For Those already booked there’s no real change except for a day 7 pcr test. This is acceptable to me and I’m looking forward to arriving on New Year’s Day. Panic over, for now…….!

totally agree. i arrive on Friday and I have been having kittens all week especially since i am Coming for 60 days. Managed to lose my debit card for the trip in my panic so i have been rushing round borrowing money from friends. I woke up to the news this morning, on my birthday and it was the best present i could have

49 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So basically you are saying you don't give a fcuk if you are positive while visiting a country, just as long as they can't have the chance to catch that by testing you 

18 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

What are you saying - that it is OK for thousands of Thais to test positive every day, but a few 'dirty farangs' are unacceptable and must be stopped at all costs.  They are not testing Thais who travel between Provinces, and they cannot catch/test all the illegals walking in from the neighbouring countries, and Thais try to avoid being tested because it means enforced quarantine if positive. The number of infected people in Thailand massively outnumber the small number of tourists testing positive. But you attack the 'dirty farangs'?   Me thinks you listen to the Thai Health Minister much too much - and have become Xenophobic. 

And people wonder why the local Expats in Thailand avoid the apologists.

I was going to respond to you @Marc26 but in scrolling down noticed that @AussieBob took the words right out of my mouth.

I'll add this though: best to drop the holier than though routine by claiming Thais would be any different under the same circumstances. I'm more likely to catch Covid from them than they would from me at this point. Yet I'd be put in hospital even after getting it from them whereas they'd still be walking around infecting others the next day. But somehow in your mind, if they would miss out on catching me and I end up walking the same streets again the next day as that Thai person who infected me the night before (so to speak), somehow that makes me the bad guy?? Surely you're having a laugh? Surely you can see the error in your twisted way of thinking?

That doesn't mean to say that, if I started showing some symptoms that I'd start spreading as much Covid around as I possibly could like Christmas cheer as you are inferring by your post which tries to portray me as some Covid serial infector with vicious intent. Just that I'm not a particular fan of losing $$$$ in hotel bookings and forced hospitalisation while asymptomatic when I could very safely self-isolate in my villa and have grabfood and fresh sheets delivered to my door which I can pick up once the people who deliver it are gone.....

• Thanks 1

I have taught university at several institutions, set up university doctoral programs, and own property in Thailand, and had planned to return to Bangkok on the 12th of January, after almost two years since I was last there. However, the new TAT notice suggests that even the Thai Pass entry possibility will change after January 10th.  So it would be great if Thaiger News could clarify the restrictions related to the second PCR test: Must one stay at a quarantine hotel for the seven days between the 'on arrival' test, and the 'seventh day test', and does anyone think it will be possible to enter Thailand after the 10th of January ?

10 minutes ago, Glenwood said:

I have taught university at several institutions, set up university doctoral programs, and own property in Thailand, and had planned to return to Bangkok on the 12th of January, after almost two years since I was last there. However, the new TAT notice suggests that even the Thai Pass entry possibility will change after January 10th.  So it would be great if Thaiger News could clarify the restrictions related to the second PCR test: Must one stay at a quarantine hotel for the seven days between the 'on arrival' test, and the 'seventh day test', and does anyone think it will be possible to enter Thailand after the 10th of January ?

Bear in mind that the rules change daily and sometimes even hourly.

However, the current situation is this:
NEW applications for the Thailand Pass under the test & go scheme have been suspended. Applying for the Thailand Pass under the sandbox scheme (Phuket) is still possible.

Having said that, IF you have an approved Thailand Pass, you will be able to enter the country under the scheme you applied for. This ALSO applies if you arrive after the 10th of january. The 10th of january entry cutoff time is not true. There has been no mention of quarantine between the first and 7th day test.

Again, this may change, but currently you will be able to enter Thailand on the 12th of january if you have an approved Thailand Pass. 

Edited by Aevan

Whoever's right or wrong I don't know, but I'm watching France 24 TV news as I write (around 9.45 pm Thai time) and they've been announcing breaking news for half an hour or so that Thailand has suspended all Test'n'Go entries and is quarantining all arrivals with immediate effect.

I've no idea of the accuracy, but that's what's on France 24 world news.

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Whoever's right or wrong I don't know, but I'm watching France 24 TV news as I write (around 9.45 pm Thai time) and they've been announcing breaking news for half an hour or so that Thailand has suspended all Test'n'Go entries and is quarantining all arrivals with immediate effect.

I've no idea of the accuracy, but that's what's on France 24 world news.

I'd say that for now, the Thai government is right.

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=12088&filename=index

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

And people wonder why the local Expats in Thailand avoid the apologists

Most of the "local expats in Thailand" are so-called "apologists"  -  that's why we're here and enjoying it 😂!

8 minutes ago, Aevan said:

I'd say that for now, the Thai government is right.

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=12088&filename=index

Still being repeated in 'new' breaking news, with an emphasis on "effective today".

As I say I don't know, but France 24 tend to be more accurate than the BBC.

A friend of mine was in mid-flight when Suvarnabhum was closed, so I know what his advice would be.

I appreciate both responses, though I agree that it is best to take the TAT press release as the most authoritative information, with the noted caveat that TAT indicates the situation to be 'fluid'. There is also the Thaiger news point about reassessing which countries will be taken off the 'eligible for entry' list, and given that Omicron is spreading at rates which are 'astonishing' medical authorities around the world, I would expect the list of 'ineligible' countries to grow quickly.

The article in The Thaiger and the statement from the ministry don’t align?  Where in the ministerial statement does it say people can not enter after January 10th?  I know someone who has an approved Thailand pass for the 14th of January. It’s all approved and QR code issued. He should be allowed to enter if you take the statement from the ministry, but confused if you read the article. 

Reference to the January 10th was made by Dr Kiatiphum Permanent secretary for public health who said “the last group of previously approved arrivals via test & go and sandbox would arrive by January 10th. That was clearly an error in the information he was supplied with. 

Can Thaiger please correct this or show evidence that January 10th is the final day for arrival, even for approved Thailand passes after this date. 

• Like 2

It is still possible to register for Test&Go. 3 hours left. I just applied for my february Stay. Booked everything in BKK..
Very Curious if it will still be accepted and really still valid in February haha

It’s now Go & Test, …. Just the daily quarantine and testing requirements will change as regularly as Bangkok and CM pollution levels in April.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Shark said:

I don't get why you would want to leave The Netherlands as everything there is in lock-down too, you might even get stuck here. I expect The Netherlands to be one of the countries to be removed from the "allowed list" anyways and this might have other consequences again for you.

You can't travel earlier on a ThailandPass as the entry date doesn't match and re-applying from now became obsolete.

To say it in Dutch: Waarom moet je in vredesnaam nu reizen naar een land wat alles behalve stabiel is. (Why in peacename would you need to travel now to a country which isn't stable at all).

I'm already here but if I was to leave The Netherlands now, I wouldn't.

Everything is in lockdown? My fiancee just posted a picture from a club in Pattaya. It was very active.

5 minutes ago, Asperli said:

It is still possible to register for Test&Go. 3 hours left. I just applied for my february Stay. Booked everything in BKK..
Very Curious if it will still be accepted and really still valid in February haha

I just got information on good authority, from Trunk Travel.

1) Test & Go will be officially suspended from midnight tonight, until Jan 4th at the earliest.
2). If you have a ThailandPass for Test & Go
  - proceed as normal
3). If you have already applied for the ThailandPass under the Test & Go conditions, you can proceed as normal.
4) If you haven't applied for Test & Go ThailandPass, you can apply up to 00:00hrs Thailand time. It will then be suspended until at least Jan 4th. 
5) Those still wishing to come to Thailand can either:
    A) Apply for Phuket Sandbox and ONLY Phuket Sandbox. all other sandboxes paused. 
    B) Apply for Alternative Quarantine in Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket
6) Entering under Sandbox conditions will require a 2nd RT-PCR test at an approved gov't testing location on day 8.  No cost to you, gov't paying for it. More details to come.

Edited by S2k
update
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, S2k said:

Everything is in lockdown? My fiancee just posted a picture from a club in Pattaya. It was very active.

I was talking about The Netherlands in the sentence.

Thailand Officially still has no bar life, however Good for him. Funnily this still isn't the news that the YouTube of Buzzin Pattaya spreads. It is still illegal bars that is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Asperli said:

No, only 1 hour and 36 minutes left

Edited by DrPattaya

25 minutes ago, Shark said:

I was talking about The Netherlands in the sentence.

Thailand Officially still has no bar life, however Good for him. Funnily this still isn't the news that the YouTube of Buzzin Pattaya spreads. It is still illegal bars that is.

you said "too". But, thank you for clearing that up.  
My fiancee is female.

Bars found a loophole..become "restaurants".