News Forum - BREAKING: Registration closes for Test & Go starting today

Thaiger

8 minutes ago, Laocoboy2 said:

I have my Test & Go approval but my arrival date is Jan 22nd. I guess that means that my approval is useless?

Literally the first thing mentioned in the article: 

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs released the following announcement…

• Those who have registered and been approved to enter Thailand can enter under the Test & Go and Sandbox schemes.

Currently sitting at the airport waiting for my flight to BKK....

Hope the information is accurate, we have our Thaipass and a second test would of course be fine. On other sides we read mandatory quarantine though, hope that's not the case

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ERIKN said:

Hi, we have a Thai Pass, but we understood that if your entry date is after 10th of January  you are not allowed in The Kingdom.

1  is this true?

2. Is it possible to travel earlier with a Thaipass with an entry date off 12th of January. For example we arrive with same pass on January 6th?

Thank you in advance.

Erik and Alice

Helmond

(Freezing) The Netherlands 

Hi From Thailand, 

1) Yes it is true - can even get worse over the next few days, if they put Nederland on the blacklist.

2) No, if you change anything after receiving a QR code, you need to apply for a new QR code again. The QR code is given based on the information you gave to the Embassy and the appointments made for the PCR test and SHA+ hotel and ticket etc.

Sorry, your in this position.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

I can’t believe how negative some people on here are! They obviously don’t ever want tourists in Thailand ever again and seem to get delight in others misfortune or unhappiness.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, ERIKN said:

This is not the topic. You have your reasons for staying in Thailand  we have ours to travel to Thailand.

We would like to know if it is true what my Thai wife reads in other Thai media regarding the entry date from January 10th.

Is it true that travelers with Thai Pass with entry dates after January 10th are not allowed in?

Kind regards

Erik

I wish you a lot of wisdom, I'm staying here because I'm living here.
What your wife reads can be true just like what has been read about what became news today about the canceling of Test & Go, you live you learn, you will see what happens - you have your reasons to go perhaps it means 14 days in a Quarantine Hotel - we don't know what wisdom the gov't will make up Friday for now the Test & Go new applications has been cancelled.

14 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I can’t believe how negative some people on here are! They obviously don’t ever want tourists in Thailand ever again and seem to get delight in others misfortune or unhappiness.

Selfish and mean spirited in a nutshell.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beaker said:

It's always the same mate, and always the same people. Thailand is heaven and will always be worth travelling to. Have a chang and smile, that's my advice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jayce said:

Best outcome?? Really??

That 7 day PCR test could mean the end of your holiday... Before it was just an ATK under the test and go program and I doubt anybody ever checked on it. If you test positive on day 7 (which you are just as likely to do as not given the real amount of Delta and Omicron circulating in Thailand)  then wave byebye to the rest of your holiday and the money you spent on your accomodation.

Basically instead of having 2 chances to throw you in a hospital or ASQ (one on arrival and one on departure in case your destination requires a 72 hours PCR test -  which it most likely does as most of the world has adopted this), the Thai government have now given themself a third option to throw you in hospital even when you're asymptomatic.

The likelihood that a doctor will evaluate you and allow you to stay in your hotel (even if it's SHA+) when you're asymptomatic is very low as far as I've been able to determine. And if your tests come back as Omicron, it's not even a 10-day hospital stay but a full 14 days according to previous Thaiger articles.

With the 7-day PCR test becoming part of the Test and Go, the only difference between it and the sandbox are:

• needing to stay in the same sandbox area for 7 days in the case of the sandbox as opposed to being able to travel freely under Test and Go (not a big deal to me personally)
  • needing to stay in a SHA+ hotel for 7 days in case  of the sandbox as opposed to just needing to stay in an SHA+ hotel until your test results come back under Test and Go (not a big deal for me either)

The main reason for me personally not wanting to come to Thailand under the Sandbox model was in effect the 7 day PCR test! So now that Test and Go has it as well, there go my plans yet again 😭😭😭

Due diligence 101 ! Brilliant job! You probably are saving yourself from  a lot of worries!

1 hour ago, ERIKN said:

Hi, we have a Thai Pass, but we understood that if your entry date is after 10th of January  you are not allowed in The Kingdom.

1  is this true?

2. Is it possible to travel earlier with a Thaipass with an entry date off 12th of January. For example we arrive with same pass on January 6th?

Thank you in advance.

Erik and Alice

Helmond

Erik

The first time your Thai Pass will be scanned with be at BKK. There will be loads of passengers who will have come early so highly unlikely you'd get sent home. You're approved - that should be all that matters to immigration.

However, if you're really worried, reapply before midnight close. I've already got an approval since the announcement for one of our party. It's all about the vaccine QR codes for instant approval.

1 hour ago, Jayce said:

Best outcome?? Really??

That 7 day PCR test could mean the end of your holiday... Before it was just an ATK under the test and go program and I doubt anybody ever checked on it. If you test positive on day 7 (which you are just as likely to do as not given the real amount of Delta and Omicron circulating in Thailand)  then wave byebye to the rest of your holiday and the money you spent on your accomodation.

Basically instead of having 2 chances to throw you in a hospital or ASQ (one on arrival and one on departure in case your destination requires a 72 hours PCR test -  which it most likely does as most of the world has adopted this), the Thai government have now given themself a third option to throw you in hospital even when you're asymptomatic.

The likelihood that a doctor will evaluate you and allow you to stay in your hotel (even if it's SHA+) when you're asymptomatic is very low as far as I've been able to determine. And if your tests come back as Omicron, it's not even a 10-day hospital stay but a full 14 days according to previous Thaiger articles.

With the 7-day PCR test becoming part of the Test and Go, the only difference between it and the sandbox are:

• needing to stay in the same sandbox area for 7 days in the case of the sandbox as opposed to being able to travel freely under Test and Go (not a big deal to me personally)
  • needing to stay in a SHA+ hotel for 7 days in case  of the sandbox as opposed to just needing to stay in an SHA+ hotel until your test results come back under Test and Go (not a big deal for me either)

The main reason for me personally not wanting to come to Thailand under the Sandbox model was in effect the 7 day PCR test! So now that Test and Go has it as well, there go my plans yet again 😭😭😭

The thing is why would they allow you to run around while they conduct the 2nd PCR test? There should be another quarantine period if they carry this out.

Travellers registered to enter Thailand under the Test & Go will still be able to enter Thailand under the programme 

Entering Phuket under the "Test and Go" is one thing, taking a gouvernment paid second test another, but do they have to stay the 7 days in there SHT+ Hotels? Or can they freely roam around, in Thailand, as the "test and go"  has allowed?

i think I have not read THAT clarification somewhere, yet.

1 hour ago, JustaGuy said:

Yikes.

But in 12 years, many people’s willies wont be working anymore. 😂 

isn't my problem, I participate on mine working just fine. but still the amount of Thailand woman I'll gift with this Talent will be close to 0 - my wife will thank me for that.

The whole drag-on is caused by the anti-vaxxers simple fact, this will make it 4 years instead of my first guess of 2024 at the beginning of the pandemic.

• Haha 3

This article is wrong. This article states that you must enter Thailand before the 10th of january for your Thailand Pass to be valid, however that is NOT true.

If you have an approved Thailand Pass, at this very moment you are allowed to enter Thailand, even if you arrive AFTER the 10th of january.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-pass-temporarily-suspended-those-received-qr-code-can-enter/

There is no mention of Thailand Passes for people arriving after the 10th being invalid.

2 hours ago, ERIKN said:

1  is this true?

Thank you in advance.

Erik and Alice

Helmond

Don't worry, you will still be able to enter the country (We are arriving on the 12th as well) if you have an approved Thailand Pass.

Every approved Thailand Pass remains valid. Registrations just have been closed and there is a mandatory PCR test on the 7th day in Thailand. That's it.

Sources:
https://www.tatnews.org/2021/12/thailand-pass-temporarily-suspended-those-received-qr-code-can-enter/

https://hague.thaiembassy.org/th/content/going-to-thailand-16dec21?cate=5f4cc41880d7525ade115872

Greetings from The Netherlands ;-)

Edited by Aevan

The Test & Go program closing today is a very Sad News!!

I had booked my flight to Bangkok 2 months ago! It means that I won't be able to come to Bangkok and then to Pattaya !! I feel very sad!!

44 minutes ago, Aevan said:

This article is wrong. This article states that you must enter Thailand before the 10th of january for your Thailand Pass to be valid, however that is NOT true.

If you have an approved Thailand Pass, at this very moment you are allowed to enter Thailand, even if you arrive AFTER the 10th of january.

There is no mention of Thailand Passes for people arriving after the 10th being invalid.

The information about the sunset clause for valid Thailand passes on January 10, 2022 was sourced from Thai media quoting the CCSA. And if you believe everything printed by the TAT, you're making a big mistake.

For those asking lots of questions because there has been a lot of media misinformation.  This has happened because of the constant rule changes and press releases - because of the extremely disjointed and badly organised Thai Govt.  Media organisations are reluctant to publish too 'definitive' a statement, because the information is different depending on which source they would quote - The Cabinet Office, TAT, CCSA, The PM, The Health Minister, various Provincial Governors, 'representative' Govt organisations and Departments.  And it could all change back tomorrow.  Until the PM signs the 'Order' and then the Order is published in the Royal Gazette the exact Order is not 'Law' and the details are not certain.

Because Richard Barrow is recognised as a leading travel blogger by the Thai Govt, he usually has the latest and correct information - but not always, as no-one does.   Quote:  "A senior official at the Consular Department at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs just called me to set the record straight about what is really happening." This link from Richard today is as good as it is going to get for a day or so:

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/richardbarrow/issues/full-details-about-suspension-of-test-and-go-947139

Things will be further clarified over the coming days, and they they will be changed again, and then clarified again, and then changed again - and rinsed and repeated - and so forth and so forth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

Wah, wah, wah, waaaaahhhhhhhhh! Looks like you ain't coming here my friend! Listen, do yourself a favour and go to another beautiful, world location. Thailand's fecked; no bars open, no clubs, restaurants closing at 9pm, shops all boarded up. Chiang Mai is a ghost town..really!! NOTHING TO DO OR ANYWHERE TO GO!

Is that right ? Shame. Was planning to pop over to CM and CR for a bit.

2 hours ago, Jayce said:

Best outcome?? Really??

So basically you are saying you don't give a fcuk if you are positive while visiting a country, just as long as they can't have the chance to catch that by testing you 

And people wonder why some Thai dislike foreigners 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TimothyN said:

The information about the sunset clause for valid Thailand passes on January 10, 2022 was sourced from Thai media quoting the CCSA. And if you believe everything printed by the TAT, you're making a big mistake.

So TAT is wrong, Thai Embassy in my country is wrong, both are wrong? I think they have been misquoted.

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/richardbarrow/issues/full-details-about-suspension-of-test-and-go-947139

Also wrong?

There is no mention of Thailand Pass being invalid if you're arriving after the 10th of january.

Edited by Aevan

3 minutes ago, Aevan said:

So TAT is wrong, Thai Embassy in my country is wrong, both are wrong? I think they have been misquoted.

TAT always presents news in their liking / best "positive" way.
Thai Embassy can have old information. Because yesterdays information isn't today's and will for sure not be tomorrows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

TAT always presents news in their liking / best "positive" way.
Thai Embassy can have old information. Because yesterdays information isn't today's and will for sure not be tomorrows.

Oh I understand. But even the article has posted the actual new rules and it also states nothing in relation to the 10th of january. Everything else is true, the 10th of january part simply is not. As of now.

The Thai Embassy in The Hague (where I'm from) has posted the new rules on its websites and they're the exact same as what I said.

Test & Go applications postponed. Already approved Thailand Passes are still valid.

Edited by Aevan