News Forum - BREAKING: Registration closes for Test & Go starting today

Thaiger

Registration is closing today for travellers wishing to enter Thailand under the Test & Go quarantine exemption programme. In an urgent meeting this afternoon, chaired by PM Prayut Chan-o-cha, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration decided to stop accepting new tourists under the entry schemes starting today, according to reports in Thai media. The government will review the situation after the holidays on January 4. Travellers registered to enter Thailand under the Test & Go will still be able to enter Thailand under the programme, but no more travellers will be able to register, according to Thai media. There will […]

The story BREAKING: Registration closes for Test & Go starting today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have booked my flight from Switzerland to Bangkok with Emirates 2 months ago!  It would be very discouraging if the Test & Go program is abolished!

I have not been to Thailand for almost 3 years and I used to go there at least 3-4 times a year!

A reasonable modification in the Test & Go Program would certainly be highly appreciated by many people who are waiting for long to go to Thailand!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Javed said:

I have booked my flight from Switzerland to Bangkok with Emirates 2 months ago!  It would be very discouraging if the Test & Go program is abolished!

I have not been to Thailand for almost 3 years and I used to go there at least 3-4 times a year!

A reasonable modification in the Test & Go Program would certainly be highly appreciated by many people who are waiting for long to go to Thailand!

It has abolished, so that's it. It's gone since now with the only thing that might be somewhat reassuring for those whom booked it:

Travellers registered to enter Thailand under the Test & Go will still be able to enter Thailand under the programme, but no more travellers will be able to register, according to Thai media. There will be an official press conference will more information.

However TiT, this can still be different upon arrival.

So go somewhere else.

• Like 4

Well

4 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Has anything changed for those already with thailand passes? Very confusing 

Well, apparently nothing has changed for travelers already registered. But I would not bet on that. I am pretty sure the list of countries is still to be amended.

• Like 2

I can see the cancellations starting - Why the hell would anyway think travelling for a 2-3 week holiday to a SEAsian country run by a military Govt is not going to go wrong at some time.  The previously highlighted story that they would probably only ban Test/Go for certain countries was wishful thinking at best. The pandemic is not over by a long way - UK are seeing 100,000 vases a day.

Govts the world over are going to over-react - they are doing it here in Australia. Australia is likely to have the potential situation whereby people who have gone to see relatives in another State for XMas and New Year, will have big problems crossing the borders to get back home - as the case numbers grow due to Omicron. 

Wait - people who are thinking of international travel for a quick holiday to Thailand - wait. As happened before - you may not be able to get home again for a while if the lockdowns and closures escalate. It aint over yet.  

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Has anything changed for those already with thailand passes? Very confusing 

Not confusing. Read the article. If you have been approved for a Thailand Pass on the Test & Go program, you can still enter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This is about the best outcome really. For Those already booked there’s no real change except for a day 7 pcr test. This is acceptable to me and I’m looking forward to arriving on New Year’s Day. Panic over, for now…….!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

This is about the best outcome really. For Those already booked there’s no real change except for a day 7 pcr test. This is acceptable to me and I’m looking forward to arriving on New Year’s Day. Panic over, for now…….!

There's a lot that can change before New Year's Day, just FYI. Let's wait till Friday! Then the world can be completely different. Perhaps all of the sudden your no longer granted your ThailandPass because of whatever reason.

It hasn't ended yet folks, give it 2-4 more years. After this Thailand will slowly start recovering and that might take another 6-12 years.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hi, we have a Thai Pass, but we understood that if your entry date is after 10th of January  you are not allowed in The Kingdom.

1  is this true?

2. Is it possible to travel earlier with a Thaipass with an entry date off 12th of January. For example we arrive with same pass on January 6th?

Thank you in advance.

Erik and Alice

Helmond

(Freezing) The Netherlands 

Kind of expected - rumored of the last 12 hours.

Thailand Pass/Test & Go Programs scraped. Still honouring already approved TP. 

Back to the COE/14-day quarantine scam. 

Don't expect any changes before the first quarter of 2022. Even when they've suggested a review from 4 Jan. 

6 minutes ago, ERIKN said:

Hi, we have a Thai Pass, but we understood that if your entry date is after 10th of January  you are not allowed in The Kingdom.

1  is this true?

2. Is it possible to travel earlier with a Thaipass with an entry date off 12th of January. For example we arrive with same pass on January 6th?

Thank you in advance.

Erik and Alice

Helmond

(Freezing) The Netherlands 

I don't get why you would want to leave The Netherlands as everything there is in lock-down too, you might even get stuck here. I expect The Netherlands to be one of the countries to be removed from the "allowed list" anyways and this might have other consequences again for you.

You can't travel earlier on a ThailandPass as the entry date doesn't match and re-applying from now became obsolete.

To say it in Dutch: Waarom moet je in vredesnaam nu reizen naar een land wat alles behalve stabiel is. (Why in peacename would you need to travel now to a country which isn't stable at all).

I'm already here but if I was to leave The Netherlands now, I wouldn't.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rain said:

Kind of expected - rumored of the last 12 hours.

Thailand Pass/Test & Go Programs scraped. Still honouring already approved TP. 

Back to the COE/14-day quarantine scam. 

Don't expect any changes before the first quarter of 2022. Even when they've suggested a review from 4 Jan. 

My wife is currently stuck abroad (needed a new passport and in-country Embassy just said to her go home) but hey... it's OK... we're not going to jump in the CoE/14-day quarantine buy-in. Maybe March if I'm lucky.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Javed said:

A reasonable modification in the Test & Go Program

Is now Stop & Go, Stop & Go, Stop & Go ……… and Stop & Go ! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Shark said:

My wife is currently stuck abroad (needed a new passport and in-country Embassy just said to her go home) but hey... it's OK... we're not going to jump in the CoE/14-day quarantine buy-in. Maybe March if I'm lucky.

If anything, the old COE/14-day quarantine program was/is a lot less bureaucratic and dramatically less digitally complicated - pretty straight forward. The only hitch is one is required to pay the extortion expense of 2-weeks [all inclusive] hotel and testing...

Hi all,

My Thailand pass has been approved for a month now, and I am leaving on the 8th of february.
I am a little confused since it is stated that if you have a pass now, you are still able to enter, but I am not sure because it is after the 10th of january. Help me Obi-wan..

2 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Is now Stop & Go, Stop & Go, Stop & Go ……… and Stop & Go ! 

And then changed again to: Stop & Go & Don't Bother

5 minutes ago, Shark said:

Why in peacename would you need to travel now to a country which isn't stable at all

This is not the topic. You have your reasons for staying in Thailand  we have ours to travel to Thailand.

We would like to know if it is true what my Thai wife reads in other Thai media regarding the entry date from January 10th.

Is it true that travelers with Thai Pass with entry dates after January 10th are not allowed in?

Kind regards

Erik

1 minute ago, Rain said:

If anything, the old COE/14-day quarantine program was/is a lot less bureaucratic and dramatically less digitally complicated - pretty straight forward. The only hitch is one is required to pay the extortion expense of 2-weeks [all inclusive] hotel and testing...

and most likely the insurance will go back up to 100k$ again, all just bull in my opinion.

Our Thai insurance now has 50k$ coverage and that should be enough really for most treatment in any hospital.

Anyways I'm against the quarantine jail.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Menno said:

but I am not sure because it is after the 10th of janua

Hi Menno,

We have a travel date of 11 January and my Thai wife read the same news regarding Jan 10th.

Please please, we need some clarification

Gr Erik

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Best outcome?? Really??

That 7 day PCR test could mean the end of your holiday... Before it was just an ATK under the test and go program and I doubt anybody ever checked on it. If you test positive on day 7 (which you are just as likely to do as not given the real amount of Delta and Omicron circulating in Thailand)  then wave byebye to the rest of your holiday and the money you spent on your accomodation.

Basically instead of having 2 chances to throw you in a hospital or ASQ (one on arrival and one on departure in case your destination requires a 72 hours PCR test -  which it most likely does as most of the world has adopted this), the Thai government have now given themself a third option to throw you in hospital even when you're asymptomatic.

The likelihood that a doctor will evaluate you and allow you to stay in your hotel (even if it's SHA+) when you're asymptomatic is very low as far as I've been able to determine. And if your tests come back as Omicron, it's not even a 10-day hospital stay but a full 14 days according to previous Thaiger articles.

With the 7-day PCR test becoming part of the Test and Go, the only difference between it and the sandbox are:

• needing to stay in the same sandbox area for 7 days in the case of the sandbox as opposed to being able to travel freely under Test and Go (not a big deal to me personally)
  • needing to stay in a SHA+ hotel for 7 days in case  of the sandbox as opposed to just needing to stay in an SHA+ hotel until your test results come back under Test and Go (not a big deal for me either)

The main reason for me personally not wanting to come to Thailand under the Sandbox model was in effect the 7 day PCR test! So now that Test and Go has it as well, there go my plans yet again 😭😭😭

Edited by Jayce
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Shark said:

There's a lot that can change before New Year's Day, just FYI. Let's wait till Friday! Then the world can be completely different. Perhaps all of the sudden your no longer granted your ThailandPass because of whatever reason.

It hasn't ended yet folks, give it 2-4 more years. After this Thailand will slowly start recovering and that might take another 6-12 years.

Yikes.

But in 12 years, many people’s willies wont be working anymore. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2