News Forum - Bangkok condo guard allegedly punched British woman (video)

Thaiger

A British woman and her Thai husband are pursuing justice following an incident at their Bangkok condominium where a security guard allegedly punched the woman in the face, resulting in severe mental health issues. CCTV footage, however, shows that the foreign woman initiated the physical altercation. Yesterday, April 25, Boon-ek Wongsuriyawattana, a 46 year old … …

The story Bangkok condo guard allegedly punched British woman (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The Husband stated that Wife hadn't returned to the Condo because of mental health issues ( he's not wrong) .

• Like 1

She hit him once and he hit her back once, seems to me she got what she deserved.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

She hit him once and he hit her back once, seems to me she got what she deserved.

He was harassing her and in her face. She pushed him away. Mr. Mohammed sucker punched her after she presented no threat to him. There was no justification for that punch. The fact that he was sleeping on the job and not legally authorized to work, speaks to the security agency's deficiency. He has since run away. The police can find him but did not. Begs the question if the agency is operated by a  current or past police officer

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Vigo said:

The fact that he was sleeping on the job

Only her word for that (though to be fair it would not surprise me as in my experience sleeping on the job is the norm for Thai Security Guards). 

23 hours ago, Vigo said:

He was harassing her and in her face. She pushed him away.

Did you watch the whole video? She appears to lean over his desk and slap him in the face right at the start, later (just before he punches her) she either slaps or punches him in the face again.

23 hours ago, Vigo said:

He has since run away.

Not surprised, as despite the clear provocation from this woman he knows he should not have punched her in the face (despite the fact that she deserved it).

23 hours ago, Vigo said:

The police can find him but did not

Please don't tell me you are niaive enough to belive that this is not a normal state of affairs for the keystone cops that make up the Royal Thai Police.

I agree with the earlier poster's comment about her mental health issues.

They seemed to precede this incident and I'm reasonably sure that she'd have them even without this incident.