News Forum - The future of Covid vaccine ‘passports’ in access to services | VIDEO

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Alavan said:

Just returned from a trip to France yesterday.
Everywhere you go, pubs, restaurants, etc, you have to show your covid pass that you are vaccinated. If not vaccinated, you need to show an certificate of recent PCR test.
Nobody objects, it feels safe, and I was happy that I can eat in a restaurant, drink inside or on the terace of a pub.
And it just shows that you are OK with the regulations. No private data exchanged.

Exactly. I'm totally fine with it all too. It's just some guy at the door looking at something on my phone for two seconds. He's not recording anything about me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

It's pretty clear, a large percentage of humans don't want to be free... their psyche just won't allow it. 

Humans want to be taken care of... and that will always be exploited. 

The exact opposite. People are doing this so their lives can be as before. 

To have the freedom to live a normal life. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The exact opposite. People are doing this so their lives can be as before. 

To have the freedom to live a normal life. 

Do you honestly believe your life is going to go back to normal? Seriously... consider that question and answer it honestly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The problem with your mob rule, collectivist attitude is... it impacts my freedom. If I wanted to go live like a hermit and restrict my freedom of movement, that would be one thing, but I am not willing to do that. I will not let the mob impose it's will upon my right to free travel on this planet. No.. I will not let it happen. Not without a fight I won't. You're clearly happy to allow the state to exploit the majority... to RULE YOU, I however am not. I will not accept the manipulation of the 51% on this planet, under the guise of what we all call democracy, to dictate my free will right to remain free. 

Democracy: The manipulation of the 51%. 

Except that it's the vast majority who are more than happy to go along with all this, not 51%.

You need to understand that things have changed. 

And how are you going to protest?

What exactly is your problem with showing your status upon entry somewhere?

Or is it that you don't want to be vaccinated?

Nobody is forcing you to get vaccinated. But you need to realise that's going to have consequences. 

Next year in Thailand will be very different to this year.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Do you honestly believe your life is going to go back to normal? Seriously... consider that question and answer it honestly.

Okay. If I'm to look back at how things have been since I've been using this app, then yeah. Things are normal again. I'm doing exactly the same stuff now as I was before and everything is open with no restrictions whatsoever. 

If this is what it takes so be it. 

BTW, 120 cases today, and 5 deaths. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Except that it's the vast majority who are more than happy to go along with all this, not 51%.

You need to understand that things have changed. 

And how are you going to protest?

What exactly is your problem with showing your status upon entry somewhere?

Or is it that you don't want to be vaccinated?

Nobody is forcing you to get vaccinated. But you need to realise that's going to have consequences. 

Next year in Thailand will be very different to this year.

Right... so this brings us round to my original post. 

It's pretty clear, a large percentage of humans don't want to be free... their psyche just won't allow it. 

Humans want to be taken care of... and that will always be exploited. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where I live in Canada, we have to show proof of double vaccination by September 7th with ID to get into bars, restaurants, gyms, big events, etc. And this has made lots more people go and get vaccinated. Get with the program or lose out on many freedoms we are used to.

I think it is a great idea especially with the Delta variant out there and increasing Covid cases everyday. I know a few people who don't want to get vaccinated and that is their choice, but they won't be able to get into restaurants, etc. It is a fact, that you have less of a chance of being really sick or hospitalised being double vaxxed, so I don't see the issue. Thailand just needs to get more vaccinations into arms and then think about the vaccine passports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's just some guy at the door looking at something on my phone for two seconds.

It's just two weeks.

It's just non-essential businesses.

It's just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.

It's just until cases go down more.

It's just to keep others from being scared.

It's just for a few more weeks.

It's just communion or singing.

You can still meet.

It's just until we get a vaccine.

It's just a few side effects.

It's just a bracelet.

It's just to let people know you're safe to be around.

It's just for the coronavirus vaccine.

It's just an app.

It's just to let others know who you've been in contact with.

It's just a few more months.

It’s just a video.

It’s just an email account.

It's just for protecting others from hate speech.

It's just a few people.

It's just a credit card company.

You can use cash.

It's just a few places that don't take cash.

It's just a little chip.

It’s just for medical information & paying for things.

It’s just so you can travel.

It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.

It’s just so you can vote.It's just a statue.

It's just a building.

It's just a song.

It’s just a piece of paper.

It's just a flag.

It's just a piece of cloth.

7 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

It's just two weeks.

It's just non-essential businesses.

It's just to keep from overwhelming the hospitals.

It's just until cases go down more.

It's just to keep others from being scared.

It's just for a few more weeks.

It's just communion or singing.

You can still meet.

It's just until we get a vaccine.

It's just a few side effects.

It's just a bracelet.

It's just to let people know you're safe to be around.

It's just for the coronavirus vaccine.

It's just an app.

It's just to let others know who you've been in contact with.

It's just a few more months.

It’s just a video.

It’s just an email account.

It's just for protecting others from hate speech.

It's just a few people.

It's just a credit card company.

You can use cash.

It's just a few places that don't take cash.

It's just a little chip.

It’s just for medical information & paying for things.

It’s just so you can travel.

It’s just so you can get your driver’s license.

It’s just so you can vote.It's just a statue.

It's just a building.

It's just a song.

It’s just a piece of paper.

It's just a flag.

It's just a piece of cloth.

The Guinness Record for the longest Haiku?

16 minutes ago, Bubbleboy said:

Where I live in Canada, we have to show proof of double vaccination by September 7th with ID to get into bars, restaurants, gyms, big events, etc. And this has made lots more people go and get vaccinated. Get with the program or lose out on many freedoms we are used to.

I am not getting with any "program" for my god given rights as a free human. And in case you have not been paying attention your dOuBle VaCCinAtIon is now NOT vaccinated as you need a third shot now, and by this fall a fourth one.

17 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

You're a very poor student of history... freedoms when taken are rarely given back by governments. Humanity is at the crossroads of freedom and enslavement... what's it going to be?

But when the drama queenism subsides it then becomes simply life or death - which do you prefer ? 

36 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

I am not getting with any "program" for my god given rights as a free human. And in case you have not been paying attention your dOuBle VaCCinAtIon is now NOT vaccinated as you need a third shot now, and by this fall a fourth one.

and with each one better protected than you - what’s your point ? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

The movie V for Vendetta has an uncanny resemblance with what we are heading for if we allow it to happen...

V for Vendetta.jpg

I don’t know about any of that. However, those pushing the ‘my freedoms’ line, stand to lose the most out of the latest turn of events. And that is a delicious irony.

18 minutes ago, Benroon said:

and with each one better protected than you - what’s your point ? 

What? Natural immunity is now shown to have better and longer lasting durability than ANY of the vaccines.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbleboy said:

I think it is a great idea especially with the Delta variant out there and increasing Covid cases everyday…..

I would just like to point out that increased numbers of vaccinations among a population increases the speed at which virus mutations occur.  This is even more true when the vaccinations are of differing types as the virus will have more varied catalysts causing the mutations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a bunch of nonsense people spout!

Freedom is a concept that does not exist in reality, especially these days where social media tracks everything you do. 

Any official transaction anywhere on the planet needs proof of identity. In Thailand this means either identity card or passport. The western world is the same where identity is proven by passport, officially issued id., driving license, birth certificate etc.

Nobody objected in the past when you needed proof of vaccinination against yellow fever, typhoid, etc., when travelling.

If you don't want get vaccinated, fine but don't expect the majority of us to want to associate with you.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I would just like to point out that increased numbers of vaccinations among a population increases the speed at which virus mutations occur.  This is even more true when the vaccinations are of differing types as the virus will have more varied catalysts causing the mutations.

I am glad you felt you "must point that out".  Did you not read the other 100s of other posters who have thought they should point that out too ?   😂

Also all without a proven scientific  basis. The emphasis is on proven not suspected, nor soapbox rantings.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Bullsh....it!

Biggest bunch of nonsense I have seen for awhile. Must be a Texas evangelist who never got passed first grade

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Bullsh....it!

Biggest bunch of nonsense I have seen for awhile. Must be a Texas evangelist who never got passed first grade

Didn't know that Nobel Prize winner Medicine for his work on the AIDS-virus prof dr Montagnier and dr Robert Malone, credited for inventing the mRNA technology, were Texas evangelists in their spare time...

6 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The problem with your mob rule, collectivist attitude is... it impacts my freedom. If I wanted to go live like a hermit and restrict my freedom of movement, that would be one thing, but I am not willing to do that. I will not let the mob impose it's will upon my right to free travel on this planet. No.. I will not let it happen. Not without a fight I won't. You're clearly happy to allow the state to exploit the majority... to RULE YOU, I however am not. I will not accept the manipulation of the 51% on this planet, under the guise of what we all call democracy, to dictate my free will right to remain free. 

Democracy: The manipulation of the 51%. 

Your statement shows a tad bit of selfishness and an uncaring attitude for others around you. So unless you live in a world of people who only live like you do, wish to live like you do and don't give a cluck about others then you are perfectly able to do what you want.  Laws and regulations are not about keeping a person from doing what they want and doing it when they want, it is about the collective safety for society.  You want to walk down the street smoking ganja while toting an AK 47 s you walk into schools, or wish to board public transportation, well then your out in left field because the majority of us feel differently about safety, security and our freedoms.  Freedom is also about not having to deal with those like you who take the piss on a daily basis and wish to ensure they can do what the cluck they want.  Go buy an Island or better yet move somewhere where you can impose your own laws to suit yourself and your ilk.  Enjoy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

That is your choice to not get the vaccine, but you may not be able to access certain places if a vaccine passport comes out. And expectations for vaccine passports differ greatly between countries and even provinces. I will not be getting a booster shot anytime soon. It will go to the immunocompromised or elderly before me. Haven't heard about a fourth shot yet. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yes, I have read that, however, I'd rather be double vaxxed as to decrease my chances of being in the ICU or dying from the diseases. What are the other options? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

What? Natural immunity is now shown to have better and longer lasting durability than ANY of the vaccines.

I read this somewhere as well that Natural Immunity will have better defence against Delta. That is true when you are able to not get severely sick and survive the infection.

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Didn't know that Nobel Prize winner Medicine for his work on the AIDS-virus prof dr Montagnier and dr Robert Malone, credited for inventing the mRNA technology, were Texas evangelists in their spare time...

Bet you they didn't vote  for Trump.

And... what has this got to do with the original comment ?