News Forum - The future of Covid vaccine ‘passports’ in access to services | VIDEO

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, Bubbleboy said:

Yes, I have read that, however, I'd rather be double vaxxed as to decrease my chances of being in the ICU or dying from the diseases. What are the other options? 

I didn’t mean it as a choice.  I was just sharing the information. 

For example, Marek’s disease (primarily found in chickens) is a virus for which they started making vaccines in the 1970s.  Today, the 1970s version of the vaccine is wholly ineffective against the virus because it has mutated AND the disease has a higher mortality rate than it did 50 years ago.

Just information folks.  No preaching.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

No, I certainly didn't take it like that. It is a scary thought though, that crazier mutations could anyday show up, just like the new 'Mu' variant which may not work with the vaccines. 

Oxymoronically, it looks like the ones objecting to the vaccine in the name of freedom, will end up in confinent while the rest resume their lives.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

Bet you they didn't vote  for Trump.

And... what has this got to do with the original comment ?

Looks like you have the attention span of a fruit-bat...

You commented on this post:

1 hour ago, Disenfranchised said:
1 hour ago, Mike said:

I would just like to point out that increased numbers of vaccinations among a population increases the speed at which virus mutations occur.  This is even more true when the vaccinations are of differing types as the virus will have more varied catalysts causing the mutations.

Bullsh....it!

Biggest bunch of nonsense I have seen for awhile. Must be a Texas evangelist who never got passed first grade

Mike's statement which you dismiss as 'bunch of nonsense' is endorsed a.o. by Nobel Prize winner Medicine for his work on the AIDS-virus prof dr Montagnier and by dr Robert Malone, credited for inventing the mRNA technology, as well as many other imminent scientists.

9 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Oxymoronically, it looks like the ones objecting to the vaccine in the name of freedom, will end up in confinent while the rest resume their lives.

No one has a place in this "new normal". You think this ends with a vaccine passport, then its a social credit score, then its a carbon footprint score. It NEVER ends once they get started, that is why we need to stamp this out NOW. It was two weeks to flatten the curve 18 months ago, and now look where we are at.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

What? Natural immunity is now shown to have better and longer lasting durability than ANY of the vaccines.

Providing you don't die first - you're really struggling with this aren't you

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

No one has a place in this "new normal". You think this ends with a vaccine passport, then its a social credit score, then its a carbon footprint score. It NEVER ends once they get started, that is why we need to stamp this out NOW. It was two weeks to flatten the curve 18 months ago, and now look where we are at.

“Conspiracy theory is the ultimate refuge of the powerless. If you cannot change your own life, it must be that some greater force controls the world.”

Roger Cohen

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

As long as they're not in their with an internet connection that's cool !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

wish to live like you do and don't give a cluck about others then you are perfectly able to do what you want.  Laws and regulations are not about keeping a person from doing what they want and doing it when they want, it is about the collective safety for society.  You want to walk down the street smoking ganja while toting an AK 47 s you walk into schools

I would kindly ask you to not conflate the quoted behavior above with me. Your only argument here is to attempt to paint me as some sort of foolish, irresponsible, immoral, non-compassionate anarchist is an unwarranted characterization... and is typical of YOUR ilk, who attempt to demonize those of us who are thoughtful, who are caring and do have the capacity to remain rational, when asserting our natural right of freedom in face of competing world views. I am not imposing, or advocating imposing any restrictions upon you, you however are threatening my freedom.. and that will not be tolerated. There's a maxim that goes like this... Do no harm but take no S!$#% Those of us who understand their Natural Law rights, retain the right of self-defense in the face of un-warranted violence. It's a karmic, natural law that needs to be respected, because when it is not, there ARE consequences. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Providing you don't die first - you're really struggling with this aren't you

It is always FEAR.

Do I really need to post the statistical chance of me dying from Covid? There are a 1000 things more likely to get me before Covid, why would you post something like this when we all know the actual stats of who dies from Covid? I am under 50 and in good health. It's been 18 months and I have been exposed multiple times, shouldn't I already be dead?

E8maLvSX0AoonsO.png

Edited by BraveNewFahrenheit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Benroon said:

As long as they're not in their with an internet connection that's cool !

The ones loving their freedom and claiming to just be "pro-choice", infect every thread here with their drivel trying to force their conspiracy views on everyone.

They lost credibility ages ago. 

They are not going to listen to rational scientific arguments and it's just wasting energy. They have their own section on the forum but like Jehova's witnesses they have to keep knocking on our door. If anyone wants to visit their church, they can go to the CCC section.

I put them in my ignore list. It makes life much more pleasant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

It is always FEAR.

Do I really need to post the statistical chance of me dying from Covid? There are a 1000 things more likely to get me before Covid, why would you post something like this when we all know the actual stats of who dies from Covid? I am under 50 and in good health. It's been 18 months and I have been exposed multiple times, shouldn't I already be dead?

E8maLvSX0AoonsO.png

Possibly  - I think the anti vax american disc jockey death count alone is up to 6 now - maybe the grim reaper is busy elsewhere - but he's lurking and right now you're his favourite prey ....... stay lucky !

As said so many times its about tipping the odds in your favour but I've yet to meet a conspiracy theorist with the brains to take this in.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Are we really going to ALLOW ourselves to become that dystopian society has depicted in those many Sci-fi movies? 

Seems like the answer to your question is a clear : YES

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I would kindly ask you to not conflate the quoted behavior above with me. Your only argument here is to attempt to paint me as some sort of foolish, irresponsible, immoral, non-compassionate anarchist is an unwarranted characterization... and is typical of YOUR ilk, who attempt to demonize those of us who are thoughtful, who are caring and do have the capacity to remain rational, when asserting our natural right of freedom in face of competing world views. I am not imposing, or advocating imposing any restrictions upon you, you however are threatening my freedom.. and that will not be tolerated. There's a maxim that goes like this... Do no harm but take no S!$#% Those of us who understand their Natural Law rights, retain the right of self-defense in the face of un-warranted violence. It's a karmic, natural law that needs to be respected, because when it is not, there ARE consequences. 

Your 'freedom' puts others in jeopardy therefore by default your description above starting with 'foolish' is just about spot on! (But you missed out the word selfish)

Thoughtful and caring is a million miles from your stance - deluded would be closer.

• Like 2

Just now, Nobodysfriend said:

That predictive programming IS clearly working... and unless there is a major collective psychic paradigm shift on this planet, humanity isn't just headed into a Dark Winter, but yet another Dark Age. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The problem with your mob rule, collectivist attitude is... it impacts my freedom. If I wanted to go live like a hermit and restrict my freedom of movement, that would be one thing, but I am not willing to do that. I will not let the mob impose it's will upon my right to free travel on this planet. No.. I will not let it happen. Not without a fight I won't. You're clearly happy to allow the state to exploit the majority... to RULE YOU, I however am not. I will not accept the manipulation of the 51% on this planet, under the guise of what we all call democracy, to dictate my free will right to remain free. 

Democracy: The manipulation of the 51%. 

It has nothing to do with "mob rule", a "collectivist attitude" or your "right to free travel".

Nobody's restricting your right to "travel" or to be "free" as much as you want to, as long as you don't affect others.

They're just saying that if and when what you do does affect others then there needs to be a balance between the rights of the majority and the rights of the minority.

... so when you use a public road, you drive on the correct side; when you use a public plane, you don't open the door mid-flight to get some air; when you live near other people, you don't play Ride of the Valkyries over the PA system at 3 in the morning; when you use a public restaurant, you don't take a dump on someone's meal but use the toilet ...

Far from being about "restricting" anyone's "rights" it's about maximising everyone's rights, whether they're weak and vulnerable or selfish and stupid.

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

37 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

then its a social credit score, then its a carbon footprint score

Yeah, if you are Chinese living in a communist society  you'd have to think about your social credit score.

We don't live in a communist society, thankfully. 

53 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Mike's statement which you dismiss as 'bunch of nonsense' is endorsed a.o. by Nobel Prize winner Medicine for his work on the AIDS-virus prof dr Montagnier and by dr Robert Malone, credited for inventing the mRNA technology, as well as many other imminent scientists.

No it isn't.

I won't be argumentative by calling you a liar, but your claim is completely untrue.

Again.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I didn’t mean it as a choice.  I was just sharing the information. 

For example, Marek’s disease (primarily found in chickens) is a virus for which they started making vaccines in the 1970s.  Today, the 1970s version of the vaccine is wholly ineffective against the virus because it has mutated AND the disease has a higher mortality rate than it did 50 years ago.

So what?

If every virus was identical and we were chickens then your point might be valid - but since they're not,  you're just talking uninformed rubbish.

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

It has nothing to do with "mob rule", a "collectivist attitude" or your "right to free travel".

Nobody's restricting your right to "travel" or to be "free" as much as you want to, as long as you don't affect others.

They're just saying that if and when what you do does affect others then there needs to be a balance between the rights of the majority and the rights of the minority.

... so when you use a public road, you drive on the correct side; when you use a public plane, you don't open the door mid-flight to get some air; when you live near other people, you don't play Ride of the Valkyries over the PA system at 3 in the morning; when you use a public restaurant, you don't take a dump on someone's meal but use the toilet ...

Far from being about "restricting" anyone's "rights" it's about maximising everyone's rights, whether they're weak and vulnerable or selfish and stupid.

You actually nailed it point on point.  Thank you.  The poster your post refers to seems to think that anything that restricts his beliefs is taking away his freedom to do as he pleases.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nobodysfriend said:

Yes, this is your future SLAVE:

58 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

A long time ago some shaman came out of his cave after a mushroom trance and declared: "You who wish the truth must behave as the godesses decree."

They all said: "OK."

We're still zooming down that slippery slope and you can either deal with it or lock yourself away. It's always been that way. Always will be.

32 minutes ago, Benroon said:

As said so many times its about tipping the odds in your favour but I've yet to meet a conspiracy theorist with the brains to take this in.

On this point I think we agree. So I am determined to get these last 10 lbs off, bump up my normal cardio work to 7 days from 5 now and try to get in some more Yoga sessions during the week and continue to lay off the vodka tonics. I know that staying healthy, eating right and living like a free human is a conspiracy theory but its all I got.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Yes, this is your future SLAVE:

Not all countries include retail as needing a vaccine passport. At least where I live, retail is not on the list of places you need to show your vaccine passport. Every country has different requirements for the vaccine passport. It is under provincial jurisdiction where I am from.