News Forum - Thai man and foreigner clash over water splash dispute (video)

Thaiger

A water splash dispute between a foreign man and a Thai man became more than a storm in a coffee cup at a petrol station in the eastern province of Rayong sparking controversy on Thai social media. The argument reportedly began when the Thai man splashed water into the foreign man’s coffee cup. The Thai … …

The story Thai man and foreigner clash over water splash dispute (video) as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

After 12 years here in Pattaya top tip to this bloke don't argue with the locals during Songkran It's annoying getting soaked with sewerage water but you're not going to come out better of arguing with Thai folk it's only 3 days a year 9 if you're in Pattaya stay inside between 12 to 7 pm.

After that head out and there's plenty of Falang Chav's to spark out and he'd get away with it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhuketBloke said:

Miserable Farang, people like him give the rest of us a bad name.

I f-ing hate SK, which is why I stay away from the lunatic water players. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I f-ing hate SK, which is why I stay away from the lunatic water players. 

Fair enough, it is the sensible thing to do as it is not for everyone so this bloke should stay out of it as well.

I get out of getting wet by going on the water-throwing circuit by car during those few days. Many people do.

It is after all a Thai celebration so we should adapt to them not them to us.

Charles Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol based on people like the guy in this story.

3 minutes ago, PhuketBloke said:

It is after all a Thai celebration so we should adapt to them not them to us.

I respect their culture and their festivals,  just don't look at me to participate.  I didn't come here to integrate, or to become Thai.  I see far too many mixed couples, where the farang just gets more and more miserable trying to be what they clearly are not.  

51 hours and The Chav's will start heading home from Pattaya to sign on at The DHS and save a couple of quid from their Giro's every week ready for Songkran next year. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I respect their culture and their festivals,  just don't look at me to participate.  I didn't come here to integrate, or to become Thai.  I see far too many mixed couples, where the farang just gets more and more miserable trying to be what they clearly are not.  

Regarding changing culture, I was referring to the guy in this story who seemed to want the Thais not to enjoy their own culture.

You get around it by staying away as you said.

Regarding trying to be Thai, that is a waste of time as we will always be farangs and that is that, I don't mind it as that is the way it is and I am happy being a Brit.

As far as I am concerned I have lived here nearly 18 months now, but I am a long-term visitor just like the rest of the farangs, we will have to leave at some point. 

A lot of the farangs are miserable because they know they are stuck, a lot probably sold up years ago and so are now priced out of returning to their own countries, many have to put up with being bossed around by their wife/partner as they own everything the farangs paid for. 😄

If I ever become a misery I will know it is time to go to the nearest airport as the only money I send to Thailand is money to live on, all the other assets will stay in the UK.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 23RD said:

51 hours and The Chav's will start heading home from Pattaya to sign on at The DHS and save a couple of quid from their Giro's every week ready for Songkran next year. 

That is why I appreciate the fact that  Pattaya exists as it is a lot cheaper than here in Phuket and so keeps the chavs away.

It is like the Carlsberg advert of years ago, "Reassuringly Expensive".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhuketBloke said:

Miserable Farang, people like him give the rest of us a bad name.

How can say that when you don't know exactly what happened?

I've been going to my wife's village for close to 20yrs

And there has been a number of times that we've been fukcked with by locals

Some of these local Thai guys can be assh*les 

And I wouldn't put it past them to intentionally douse his coffee with water

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, PhuketBloke said:

Regarding changing culture, I was referring to the guy in this story who seemed to want the Thais not to enjoy their own culture.

You get around it by staying away as you said.

Regarding trying to be Thai, that is a waste of time as we will always be farangs and that is that, I don't mind it as that is the way it is and I am happy being a Brit.

As far as I am concerned I have lived here nearly 18 months now, but I am a long-term visitor just like the rest of the farangs, we will have to leave at some point. 

A lot of the farangs are miserable because they know they are stuck, a lot probably sold up years ago and so are now priced out of returning to their own countries, many have to put up with being bossed around by their wife/partner as they own everything the farangs paid for. 😄

If I ever become a misery I will know it is time to go to the nearest airport as the only money I send to Thailand is money to live on, all the other assets will stay in the UK.

I agree a lof of Farang are Miserable about Songkran

But as I said above you don't know what actually happened 

And I can 100% see the Thai guy intentionally trying to fuxk with the guy's coffee and then acting like it was an innocent mistake

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Exactly. Songkran is a time of year, when nasty elements come out to take advantage of the "festival" to attack and harass people . There is a time and a place for water splashing. And no, attacking people with a water pistol is not Thai culture. It is lower class thug culture. We have the assailant's version of events, most likely dressed up to cover up the nastiness and ill intent. The guy intentionally sprayed his coffee. I'd have been angry too.

Whatever the facts may be, it is a waste of time to argue with such people and it is best  to stay away. Unfortunately, many people  are forced to work during Songkran and the constant barrage of water can be  depressing. My friend's sister works at a large Thai hospital. All leave is cancelled during Songkran and she works a longer shift because of all the injuries that come in. She can't stand getting doused on her way to work or when she is leaving. She's tired and just wants to go home and to sleep. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah and do you think having a hissy fit like this is going to help anything? 

2 hours ago, socal said:

Yeah and do you think having a hissy fit like this is going to help anything? 

So a guy isn't supposed to object to some assh*le likely intentionally screwing with him??

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So a guy isn't supposed to object to some assh*le likely intentionally screwing with him??

It happens frequently at SK. Locals frequently target farangs to get a rise out of them.  The obvious lesson is, if you don't want to be subjected to it, stay away.

• Like 3

I can only talk for Pattaya where it's still going on but even though smaller in numbers there's been zero control from the authorities this year much to the dismay of the business owners I've talked to bet 7/11 & Topps made a mint mind you.

Songkran never fails to bring in those quality tourists (The Chav's of the World).

On a brighter note you've got to feel sorry for them they missed the chance to see this amazing Country in normal times and wasted their money coming here during Songkran. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Some water gunner incidentally got water in his coffee. Just throw the coffee at him or something and call it done. Making an ass of yourself isn't going to change it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I agree a lof of Farang are Miserable about Songkran

But as I said above you don't know what actually happened 

And I can 100% see the Thai guy intentionally trying to fuxk with the guy's coffee and then acting like it was an innocent mistake

Marc one thing  you learn about living here is don't argue with the locals there's no winning and to be honest you won't get much dramas from them they're very easy folk to live with compared to other Falang .

And I do admire them because even if they don't know their fellow Thai's they standby them unlike Foreigners in Western Countries that seem to think they're entitled. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I think common sense should prevail, millions of people throwing water about, and so someone is going to get water where they don't want it to be and as some people are miseries then some negative reactions will happen.

It is a bit like bonfire night in the UK on the 5th of November every year, with millions of fireworks being set off someone is bound to be injured.

But I agree about the village mentality, that applies all around the world, people living in backward villages will tend to be less intelligent and dim as the people with get-up-and-go will have left. 

I avoid staying in villages, especially in Thailand. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Marc one thing  you learn about living here is don't argue with the locals there's no winning and to be honest you won't get much dramas from them they're very easy folk to live with compared to other Falang .

And I do admire them because even if they don't know their fellow Thai's they standby them unlike Foreigners in Western Countries that seem to think they're entitled. 

"Foreigners in Western Countries that seem to think they're entitled. "

And the problem is many of those foreigners living in Thailand also feel entitled. 

They do make me laugh though as they are a very small part of the Thai economy but as they are big fish swimming in a small pond in some remote up-country village they seem to think they own the country. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PhuketBloke said:

"Foreigners in Western Countries that seem to think they're entitled. "

And the problem is many of those foreigners living in Thailand also feel entitled. 

They do make me laugh though as they are a very small part of the Thai economy but as they are big fish swimming in a small pond in some remote up-country village they seem to think they own the country. 

They certainly do PB Bud and the good thing here they can shout all they like but they're still guests here at the pleasure of The Government. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, 23RD said:

Admiring little punks that can't fight a one-on-one fight and try and gang up on someone??

Yeah, I don't find pussies admirable at all

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pinetree said:

It happens frequently at SK. Locals frequently target farangs to get a rise out of them.  The obvious lesson is, if you don't want to be subjected to it, stay away.

We don't get it in my wife's actual village

But we've had some instances when we've gone into the bigger city, Singburi

One time, getting our car(well Aunt's car) keyed at the local dicso

Them seeing a farang was driving the car 

5 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

I think common sense should prevail, millions of people throwing water about, and so someone is going to get water where they don't want it to be and as some people are miseries then some negative reactions will happen.

It is a bit like bonfire night in the UK on the 5th of November every year, with millions of fireworks being set off someone is bound to be injured.

But I agree about the village mentality, that applies all around the world, people living in backward villages will tend to be less intelligent and dim as the people with get-up-and-go will have left. 

I avoid staying in villages, especially in Thailand. 

I absolutely love my wife's village 

But that is her father's side of the village in Suphanburi 

It's a relatively prosperous village because it's one of the best regions for rice in all of Thailand 

Funny enough my wife hates her Mom's village where she was born

It is very poor and the people are all drama and in everyone's business