Bilingual customer service salary in Bangkok?

Mox

Hi,
I have a good chance to get offered a job in Bangkok as a customer service representative for a Travel agency (English+other European language), although as I was told by their HR, this job also involves a 24/7 hotline, so it's not only a regular 9-5 office job.
I was asked about my job salary expectations and I find hard to provide a good estimation, since the related websites (Payscale, Glassdoor, others) have a great disparity, ranging from 25,000 THB to even 47,000 THB as an "entry-level" payment.
Is anyone working on a similar job to have a better estimation? I have also read about the minimum salary for foreigners and that it depends on nationality, but I also read that many employers just don't care about that rule/law. I was thinking on ~40,000 THB as somewhat realistic (I have lived in BKK in the past and as a single guy without kids, I'm able to live there on that payment without too worries).
But you know, I don't want to look like I'm asking for too much or too low, especially because there's a 24/7 element, and I'm not sure how this is calculated in the final salary in BKK.
Thanks in advance.

That is just a question designed to screw with you.  Make them make you an offer,  then check it against comparable jobs.  Don't you give them a figure.  The answer is, 'my expectation is that you will be happy to pay for what the job and my qualifications are worth to you'. 

• Like 1

Yes I know, I hate that kind of questions and I try to at least investigate the market to know some realistic figures for that position.
Still, I have read that there's a minimum income for foreigners (https://www.thailandlawonline.com/thai-company-and-foreign-business-law/work-permit-for-foreigners-in-thailand) but I have read that some companies don't care about it at all. I guess I can at least evaluate their offer based on that salary table to know if it's worth or not.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Yes I know, I hate that kind of questions and I try to at least investigate the market to know some realistic figures for that position.
Still, I have read that there's a minimum income for foreigners (https://www.thailandlawonline.com/thai-company-and-foreign-business-law/work-permit-for-foreigners-in-thailand) but I have read that some companies don't care about it at all. I guess I can at least evaluate their offer based on that salary table to know if it's worth or not.

Nothing wrong in that, just let them give you a figure. Your whole relationship with your new employer depends on being smart. Don't forget to include some inflation uplifts in any contact  and including pay reviews at some agreed intervals. 

• Like 1

If pushed, I always say an exorbitant number. When they gasp and say “We don’t pay that much!”, I ask ”What did you pay the last person?” and then the haggling begins. 

• Like 1