News Forum - American sailors set foot on the wild side of Walking Street, Pattaya

Thaiger

Pattaya’s notorious Walking Street played host to around 6,000 American sailors from the United States Navy’s Carrier Strike Group 9. The sailors, who were on a rest and relaxation visit, arrived in Pattaya on April 24 and departed yesterday, April 28. The visit, marked by their presence in various bars, restaurants, and go-go bars, ended … …

The story American sailors set foot on the wild side of Walking Street, Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I seen quite a few US Navy personnel around the City this weekend impeccably behaved and disciplined and enjoying Pattaya. 

The girls in Soi 6 were absolutely delighted to welcome  them for their short R&R especially with their rent due this week. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good for the Navy personnel, they can drain all their stress and go home fresh to their loved ones...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Unless they wee well briefed or have been before I bet they all went back to their ships poorer and wiser :)

• Like 1

The day before they docked my wife showed me a "humorous" TikTok that was making the rounds of Thai women from all over the country running to meet the ship(s).

Whether that was to score some short term income or possibly snag a farang husband is open to debate.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yeuch!!

"Yeuch" is Chinese for "awesome"!

• Haha 1

'The wild side of walking street'?? Walking street is about as wild as a dead sheep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

'The wild side of walking street'?? Walking street is about as wild as a dead sheep. 

Ha ha, yeah, but you know it's a spectacle to behold the first time (or two) for an 18 year old poly wog from the corn fields of Iowa.  LOL.

image.jpeg.43e2b55992a8ed31e40f4b4ad9c26b95.jpeg

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

"Yeuch" is Chinese for "awesome"!

Not even close...............

• Haha 1

This article is mad...

I observed a change in the sailors’ behaviour. They opted to spend time on the beach or shop at malls, possibly due to the hot weather or the Navy’s regulations. (Lisa Hamilton, the President of the Pattaya Nightlife Business Association.)

yeah sure! At the very best, during the day.

And then...

During this period, Sunthorn, a go-go bar owner on Walking Street, experienced a significant increase in patronage, a sight that had been sorely missed since the onset of the pandemic.

Echoing these sentiments were Kai and Chris, the owner and manager of another go-go bar on Walking Street, respectively. The duo expressed gratitude towards the Pattaya authorities for their efforts in promoting tourism in the city, reported Pattaya News.

So which one is it? Or is it beach during day, go-go bars at night, like basically many other tourists in Pattaya?

And I find amazing that the owner and manager of go-go bars thank the "Pattaya authorities for their efforts in promoting tourism in the city", so by "tourism" they mean prostitution. Amazing Thailand indeed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TWS60 said:

Ha ha, yeah, but you know it's a spectacle to behold the first time (or two) for an 18 year old poly wog from the corn fields of Iowa.  LOL.

image.jpeg.43e2b55992a8ed31e40f4b4ad9c26b95.jpeg

True enough 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 6:49 AM, Pinetree said:

Hope the Carrier Med Centre has a good supply of antibiotics.  

Hopefully not needed because the USN invests time and effort in the education of sailors on prevention of infection. The last thing these kids need is HPV or Herpes.   There is a terrible epidemic of antibiotic resistant Gonorrhea and it is spreading fast. Worse is the new form of syphilis that is manifesting with tertiary stage symptoms at stage 1. The ocular strain is antibiotic resistant and is doing significant damage to patients.   I do expect a few of the sailors to come back with covid since there is a surge in infections in Thailand now.

• Like 1

Supporting the local economy, generally well behaved... can't ask for more

• Like 1