News Forum - Thai man and foreigner clash over water splash dispute (video)

Thaiger

15 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Admiring little punks that can't fight a one-on-one fight and try and gang up on someone??

Yeah, I don't find pussies admirable at all

Take it you're talking about Antifa Marc yes I totally agree with you Bud.

1 minute ago, 23RD said:

Take it you're talking about Antifa Marc yes I totally agree with you Bud.

Yeah sure.....

You live in Pattaya

I'm sure you have seen plenty of Thai cowards afraid to fight one-on-one....

Nothing admirable about that at all.....

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I absolutely love my wife's village 

But that is her father's side of the village in Suphanburi 

It's a relatively prosperous village because it's one of the best regions for rice in all of Thailand 

Funny enough my wife hates her Mom's village where she was born

It is very poor and the people are all drama and in everyone's business 

I stopped visiting the village pre Covid and I doubt that I will ever go back, even though 'we own' 4 farms in that area. Modern technology means that my input to that business, small though it is, can be provided at a distance.  I welcome the family to visit us at our main home, but my days of, frankly, 'enduring' a few days in a remote village setting are over. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah sure.....

You live in Pattaya

I'm sure you have seen plenty of Thai cowards afraid to fight one-on-one....

Nothing admirable about that at all.....

Actually after 12 years I'm still amazed at the restraint The Thai people have the staff are good at diffusing situations involving drunken Falang with the minimum fuss and over the past few years they have been under strict orders from The Mayor of Pattaya not to injure Falangs.

There's a good system in place where young Thai men don't frequent the tourist Establishments and vice a versa in Pattaya. 

A question I get many times is Pattaya safe my answers always the same The only person that will bring you trouble in Pattaya is yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I stopped visiting the village pre Covid and I doubt that I will ever go back, even though 'we own' 4 farms in that area. Modern technology means that my input to that business, small though it is, can be provided at a distance.  I welcome the family to visit us at our main home, but my days of, frankly, 'enduring' a few days in a remote village setting are over. 

One of my former Soldiers visited Issan a few months ago with his Thai girlfriend he was very excited about going there the day before he went he told me his girlfriend had said the whole Village was planning a welcome party for him pig on a split Issan DJ the works.

My answer was (And guess who's paying for it Bud.)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 23RD said:

One of my former Soldiers visited Issan a few months ago with his Thai girlfriend he was very excited about going there the day before he went he told me his girlfriend had said the whole Village was planning a welcome party for him pig on a split Issan DJ the works.

My answer was (And guess who's paying for it Bud.)

Yep, as past Newbies, we have all been caught in that trap at least once.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Actually after 12 years I'm still amazed at the restraint The Thai people have the staff are good at diffusing situations involving drunken Falang with the minimum fuss and over the past few years they have been under strict orders from The Mayor of Pattaya not to injure Falangs.

There's a good system in place where young Thai men don't frequent the tourist Establishments and vice a versa in Pattaya. 

A question I get many times is Pattaya safe my answers always the same The only person that will bring you trouble in Pattaya is yourself. 

Yes I do agree a lot of Thai staff show great composure in dealing with unruly farang in a lot of settings

Many times, more than they need or should have to...

It's just when something really kicks off the Thai guy cowards won't fight one on one

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

I guess it all depends on the village

I don't think I would enjoy a remote village than isn't that nice of an area

My wife's village is gorgeous, spread out but only have to drive 15-20-25mins to be in bigger area with restaurants/bars

And it's also only 1hr35mins from BKK

So not an arduous drive to get there 

My friend now is in the farthest northern part of Issan......

Don't think I could do that 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, 23RD said:

They certainly do PB Bud and the good thing here they can shout all they like but they're still guests here at the pleasure of The Government. 

True, I know things could change at the drop of a hat, I make my annual trip to get my visa extended, and I do the 90-day report online.

I have just obtained a two-year Thai driving licence.

So I am OK until Feb next year as that is when I need to extend the visa again.

But I still know my time here is temporary.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

We don't get it in my wife's actual village

But we've had some instances when we've gone into the bigger city, Singburi

One time, getting our car(well Aunt's car) keyed at the local dicso

Them seeing a farang was driving the car 

I have had my car for 19 years now, I have driven it all over Thailand from Phuket to as far north as Chiang Mai, east to Rayong, and west to Ranong, I have never had a problem.

A footnote, I drove Mercedes cars in England for decades, and I have discovered that was a waste of money as the Toyota I drive here has never needed a repair so far, except of course for brake pads, etc, and an annual service.

It still feels like new (apart from the few dings I have collected over the years due to the low hidden obstacles you get here in car parks etc).

17 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I absolutely love my wife's village 

But that is her father's side of the village in Suphanburi 

It's a relatively prosperous village because it's one of the best regions for rice in all of Thailand 

Funny enough my wife hates her Mom's village where she was born

It is very poor and the people are all drama and in everyone's business 

Suphanburi is a town as far as I remember, I had a girlfriend who lived there, she is still there I think, I visited the town once or twice, and I remember walking down the side of a river which was paved, I am talking about 20+ years ago though.

16 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Me too, I have not been to my partner's village for years, she owns four houses there, one is thirty feet from a long empty beach but there is nothing to do. I am bored after half a day.

It is in between Nakhon Si Thammarat and Surat Thani, one road into the village, no shops, a big temple, a few hotels, loads of trees to admire all day long, and loads of mosquitoes.

Oh, and loads of gossiping neighbours and kids zipping about on noisy motorbikes which have had their mufflers tweaked.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

Suphanburi is a town as far as I remember, I had a girlfriend who lived there, she is still there I think, I visited the town once or twice, and I remember walking down the side of a river which was paved, I am talking about 20+ years ago though.

Suphanburi is a town and the province....

The bigger town near my wife's village is Singburi

About 20mins drive

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

Me too, I have not been to my partner's village for years, she owns four houses there, one is thirty feet from a long empty beach but there is nothing to do. I am bored after half a day.

It is in between Nakhon Si Thammarat and Surat Thani, one road into the village, no shops, a big temple, a few hotels, loads of trees to admire all day long, and loads of mosquitoes.

Oh, and loads of gossiping neighbours and kids zipping about on noisy motorbikes which have had their mufflers tweaked.  

I think it's kind of disrespectful when guys refuse to go to their wife's village

And I know so many farang that do that....

That's just my personal opinion 

I really enjoy my wife's village

But even if I didn't I would still go for visits if she wanted to

11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Suphanburi is a town and the province....

The bigger town near my wife's village is Singburi

About 20mins drive

Nice area.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I think it's kind of disrespectful when guys refuse to go to their wife's village

And I know so many farang that do that....

That's just my personal opinion 

I really enjoy my wife's village

But even if I didn't I would still go for visits if she wanted to

My partner is on the way there now, gone for ten to fourteen days,  I just dropped her at her sister's house in Phuket and the whole family is going, she can go whenever she wishes as we are not joined at the hip. 😀

It depends on the village, in this one, there is nothing at all to do plus I have a very bad reaction to mosquito bites, they understand why I stay here, they want to see the sisters/daughters and they are not bothered if I go or not.

I think you Americans would call it a one-horse town, except there is not even a horse in this one. 😀

Plus no one in the village speaks English, they all speak Southern Thai, completely different from standard Thai so I am just in the way at family meetings as they all want to speak to each other in the local natural language. 

There is one guy who speaks English, he is a German who is married to my partner's sister and they live next door to the mum, they built a house with a twelve-foot solid wall (with a small sliding gate) all around the house and so on the previous times I was there I hardly ever saw him.

Edited by PhuketBloke
typo

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 7:37 PM, PhuketBloke said:

Miserable Farang, people like him give the rest of us a bad name.

You're a foreign man who lives in Phuket, the seediest place on Earth. 

I don't think you can stand on the moral hill about what is and what is not giving foreigners a bad name.

Edited by UpUp

4 minutes ago, UpUp said:

You're a foreign man who lives in Phuket, the seediest place on Earth. 

I don't think you can stand on the moral hill about what is and what is not giving foreigners a bad name.

You obviously do not know Phuket, I think you might be getting it mixed up with Pattaya.

Plus have you considered seeing a doctor with such a stupid comment, I did not mention morals at all.

I was obviously referring to bad behaviour.

So you think the 14 million visitors to Phuket every year consisting of families, couples, and groups all have bad morals, you really should be making that doctor's appointment as soon as possible. 😀

The good news The Purge (Songkran) is over for another year as of midnight last night in Pattaya. 

And the Chav's and Gimps and the rest of the undesirables have returned to the Council Estates they call home just in time to sign on at The Benefits Office for their job seekers allowance.

2 hours ago, PhuketBloke said:

You obviously do not know Phuket, I think you might be getting it mixed up with Pattaya.

Plus have you considered seeing a doctor with such a stupid comment, I did not mention morals at all.

They have a total of two posts and the other one was about an incident that happened two years ago.

An early entrant from the AN invasion?

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

They have a total of two posts and the other one was about an incident that happened two years ago.

An early entrant from the AN invasion?

"They have a total of two posts and the other one was about an incident that happened two years ago."

Are you referring to @UpUp comments?

"An early entrant from the AN invasion?"

I have not heard of that, what is it?

4 hours ago, 23RD said:

The good news The Purge (Songkran) is over for another year as of midnight last night in Pattaya. 

And the Chav's and Gimps and the rest of the undesirables have returned to the Council Estates they call home just in time to sign on at The Benefits Office for their job seekers allowance.

"The good news The Purge (Songkran) is over for another year as of midnight last night in Pattaya."

Wow, it goes on for that long.

In Phuket, the Thais who make up most of the revellers only do it for one day.

The farangs in the small tourist areas do it for two or three days I think, we did it for one day but we were cowering in the car as we drove through the crowds with the thousands of other cars in the parade going at a snail's pace.

"And the Chav's and Gimps and the rest of the undesirables have returned to the Council Estates they call home just in time to sign on at The Benefits Office for their job seekers allowance."

Whaaa some of your comments make me laugh. 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhuketBloke said:

"The good news The Purge (Songkran) is over for another year as of midnight last night in Pattaya."

Wow, it goes on for that long.

In Phuket, the Thais who make up most of the revellers only do it for one day.

The farangs in the small tourist areas do it for two or three days I think, we did it for one day but we were cowering in the car as we drove through the crowds with the thousands of other cars in the parade going at a snail's pace.

"And the Chav's and Gimps and the rest of the undesirables have returned to the Council Estates they call home just in time to sign on at The Benefits Office for their job seekers allowance."

Whaaa some of your comments make me laugh. 😄

It goes on for 10 days in Pattaya because Soi 6,7 and 8 always start early totally different class of tourists (Chav's) in Pattaya during Songkran. 

14 minutes ago, 23RD said:

It goes on for 10 days in Pattaya because Soi 6,7 and 8 always start early totally different class of tourists (Chav's) in Pattaya during Songkran. 

That is far too long, now I understand why you don't like it.👍