Thai citizen applying for USA tourist visa

I have a thai friend who traveled to the US with her California husband and has since become at US citizen.  I am told she is trying to get her brother to come over to visit but he speaks no English and other than the list of what he needs, he has no clue how to get an appointment for the Bangkok Counselet and begin the process.  Looking for a reputable person to assist in the process.  From what I have been told he has tried a couple of times and been ripped off. 

I will appreciate any help you can provide....

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2024 at 4:02 PM, BainaiThai said:

I spoke to soon.  He wants to apply for a immigrant visa based on family.  

Since his goal seems to be residence, that's the right visa to apply for.  Sorry, but anytime someone is looking for someone to facilitate their visa/"assist in the process" they're often trying to do the wrong thing and often get taken.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Where's the California husband of your Thai friend? 

Surely he could provide some assistance to his wife's brother😉

• Like 1

One important piece of advice for anyone (any country) who has even the remote idea they might want to immigrate to the United States is:

DO NOT apply for a tourist visa unless you are 100 percent sure you will get approved.  The State Department and USCIS does research past visa applications (especially denials) and if they see just one, it will make any future visa application much, much harder.  And, if the denial was because of falsification of information (regardless of by intention of mistake), the application will almost certainly require a form 601 waiver.  And you will need an immigration attorney to help with this application.  Don't mess up your chances trying to get a visitor visa unless you really are planning to return to Thailand and can prove that to the immigration officer.  

Lastly, if a person has applied before for an immigrant visa and been denied, it is going to be really difficult to get any visa to the USA.

Notice! I am not an immigration attorney and any comments I make should not be construed as legal advice.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/26/2024 at 3:59 AM, BainaiThai said:

From what I have been told he has tried a couple of times and been ripped off. 

If those were actual visa applications that were denied, I'm sorry, but the chances of her bringing her brother on a family visa application (family category F4 just got close to impossible.  And, if there were no previous visa applications, all is perfect with the application, the petitioner (sister) is in good standing and can provide evidence of support and the beneficiary is in good standing with his past, police records, etc., the time from application to interview is at least 5 years.  This is totally out of anyone's hands and is determined by the number of available visas for Thailand at any given time.  This is a long and difficult process; it can be really expensive and there are no guarantees.  

On the positive side of things, it is better than India, where the f4 category has a wait time of over 16 years.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/green-card-waiting-time-by-country

Edited by SkyDogJack
More info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, Skydog.  Great detailed information. Forwarding to wife to forward to US

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BainaiThai said:

Thanks, Skydog.  Great detailed information. Forwarding to wife to forward to US

Happy to help.  I have run the gauntlet of American immigration the last few years with my Thai family.  I'm no attorney or expert, but I have accumulated some good information.  

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

And yet for a Uk citizen taking his Thai wife  for a tourist visa they could not be more helpful ,interview for 5 minutes and a 10 year visa after just a couple of days,but never ever lie to them.

• Like 1