News Forum - Israel’s supply cut reveals state’s cruel, dehumanising intentions towards Palestine

Thaiger

On 10/10/2023 at 1:08 PM, Thaiger said:

Israel’s decision to cut off essential supplies, including electricity, food, fuel, and water, to the Gaza Strip in Palestine, in response to recent Hamas attacks not only threatens to precipitate a humanitarian catastrophe but also exposes the state’s often overlooked perpetually cruel and dehumanising intentions. The Hamas attack was undeniably horrific, resulting in a regrettable … …

The story Israel’s supply cut reveals state’s cruel, dehumanising intentions towards Palestine as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The ignoramus jackweed who wrote this piece of trash seems to be unaware that Gaza shares a border with a fellow Arab country, who can do what they want regarding what goes into Gaza.

But, you know, far easier to blame those crafty Jews!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, 1234567 said:

#1 award to the DUMBEST idiotic post of the year. Israeli animals have killed 33 000 children in Gaza since 2008 - exposing exactly who and what they are. Kids that have NOTHING to do with the conflict.

I don't care if all the Jewish state gets demolished - Israel NEEDS to go! ...

The Jewish terrorist state has breached ALL the agreements and internationl laws; committed hundreds of war-crimes, Apartheid, genocide and occupation. And some SCUM here DEFEND that! Disgusting animals for defending the greates terrorist on the Earth!

My mistake for  initialing engaging a forum member of convenience who uses the option to undertake hate speech. Your statements  won't change anyone's position, just as mine will not change the position of those committed to the destruction of Israel. You can post all the hate speech you want. Better that than your beheading babies, kidnapping elderly people and sodomizing children as the Hamas  terrorists recently did. That's your crowd.  Just remember that kidnapping Thai farm workers and torturing them on camera won't win you any friends in Thailand, at least not with my crew.

Instead, I will maintain focus and ignore you, and wish  the Israelis well as they rid Gaza of Hamas. You keep hating away. It won't help your cause. Meanwhile hang on to your hairpiece because the winds of change are a blowing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wackamole said:

While I agree with you that nothing is black and white, I do not see how calling Israel and the US terrorists conflicts with that? unless you're cherry picking? I also don't get the feeling that he's saying Israelis bad/Palestinians good but rather Israel bully/Palestinians bullied.

Are you kidding?  That's EXACTLY what he's saying.  He wants to see Israel completely destroyed, every man, woman, and child.  He literally said it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 1234567 said:

4. The US military aid to Israel is appr. 3 - 3,5 BILLION dollars per year, for the last 35 years. That means approximately 10 MILLION DOLLARS PER DAY. (Did you absorb this: Per day. NOT per year, nor per week; PER DAY!)

As far as I know, so-called US$ aid to Israel is cover for armament development and purchases which run to approx $10 Billion annually.

21 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Are you kidding?  That's EXACTLY what he's saying.  He wants to see Israel completely destroyed, every man, woman, and child.  He literally said it.

To which all those who are coming up with excuses for the Hamas pogrom have looked away and stayed silent. They are quick to condemn Israel, but not a word on this hate speech. The reality is that this person has at least been honest and not couched the position in political double talk or made an idiotic reference to the discredited Noam Chomsky. At least we know what he/she/they stands for:  The destruction of Israel and the elimination of anyone who supports the state. That is what Israel is up against and has always had to face.  They have  short memories and forget the delights of ISIL attacks on public places in the west or the ongoing reign of terror by “Jama'atu Ahl as-Sunnah li-Da'awati wal-Jihad” aka Group of the Sunni People for the Calling and Jihad, aka “Nigerian Taliban” aka Boko Haram.  They ignore the fact that Hamas, Hizbollah and their Iranian and Russian masters were crucial in the vile Syrian despot Assad remaining in power and the ongoing terror attacks in North Africa that push migrants to Europe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

What a wonderful graphic from al-Jazeera, implying through the silhouettes that ONLY civilians killed are by Israel and ONLY soldiers are killed by Palestinians, as well as the bogus categories they give -- Men, Women, Children, NA (whatever NA is), versus Security forces, civilian settlers, and civilians.

You should be ashamed for posting this garbage.

Ironically, Israel kills a much higher percentage of combatants than Palestinians do -- 66% to 48%, to use their simplistic categories.

I mean 66% to 48% is not the same category of "much higher" as thousands to hundreds though.

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

as I already mentioned, I believe he was mocking another poster there. You can see this post doesn't match the rest of his too.. I think he knew it would be used against him, just lost the will to argue seriously with people blinded mostly by their racism...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 4:17 PM, Vigo said:

Ok., I will sum up your comment into one line. According to you, the presence of the elected Netanyahu as Israeli PM justifies the slaughter of unarmed non combatants. The  atrocities of Hamas during the recent  mass murder event, which included the rape of children in front of parents, the murder of babies and the slicing open of parents in front of children and the kidnapping of children and foreign farm workers, is all understandable because israelis are all evil and bad.

Your sentiments would have served you well back in the 1970's as leftists marched through the streets condemning Israel as  Arab despots tortured and abused their own people. It is remarkable that you have found time for outrage against israel but have remained so quiet as Assad  slaughtered his people and as Iran violates basic human rights on a daily basis. I suggest you go and give encouragement to women of Gaza kept uneducated and  isolated by Hamas; Urge them to respect the guideline  pump out more children that can be trained to kill jews. Israel bad, Hamas good.   Drop the facade and just say what you really want to say; You don't accept the existence of Israel, and you don't like its nationals and are ok with their murder.

Meh. When the likes of Naom Chomsky and Ayaan Hirsi Ali speak - that grabs my attention. Vigo- not so much.

Edited by Khunmark
  • Like 1

I think The Israeli Government are being very reasonable, release all hostages and they'll turn back on the electricity and water. 

Can't be more reasonable than that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

This clip is 9 years old…. 

While horrible, and there are plenty of examples on the other side, what does it have to do with his point? Fact is fellow Arab Egypt could easily open the border and left the civilians out of Gaza. Nothing is stopping them, nothing at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Meh. When the likes of Naom Chomsky and Ayaan Hirsi Ali speak - that grabs my attention. Vigo- not so much.

And not a word from you on the statement that Israel must be wiped out.  Drop the facade of civility and just be honest. You have one set of rules of  and requirements  for Israel and another for Hamas, Hizbollah, Boko Haram et al.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

What a wonderful graphic from al-Jazeera, implying through the silhouettes that ONLY civilians killed are by Israel and ONLY soldiers are killed by Palestinians, as well as the bogus categories they give -- Men, Women, Children, NA (whatever NA is), versus Security forces, civilian settlers, and civilians.

Ironically, Israel kills a much higher percentage of combatants than Palestinians do -- 66% to 48%, to use their simplistic categories.

8 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Tell it to the UN buddy. That's where the graphic information comes from. 

7 hours ago, Vigo said:

My mistake for  initialing engaging a forum member of convenience who uses the option to undertake hate speech. Your statements  won't change anyone's position, just as mine will not change the position of those committed to the destruction of Israel. You can post all the hate speech you want. Better that than your beheading babies, kidnapping elderly people and sodomizing children as the Hamas  terrorists recently did. That's your crowd.  Just remember that kidnapping Thai farm workers and torturing them on camera won't win you any friends in Thailand, at least not with my crew.

Instead, I will maintain focus and ignore you, and wish  the Israelis well as they rid Gaza of Hamas. You keep hating away. It won't help your cause. Meanwhile hang on to your hairpiece because the winds of change are a blowing.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/10/12/middleeast/israel-hamas-beheading-claims-intl/index.html?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16971183125866&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2023%2F10%2F12%2Fmiddleeast%2Fisrael-hamas-beheading-claims-intl%2Findex.html

I'm yet to see anything yet actually confirming baby beheading. 

Israeli official in report above cannot confirm. 

Biden now backtracking...😙

34 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Fact is fellow Arab Egypt could easily open the border and left the civilians out of Gaza. Nothing is stopping them, nothing at all. 

Adults call that “solution” ethnic cleansing with a splash of genocide and it would drive the wider Arab community crazy.

1) Egypt is not going to allow thousands of Hamas fighters to cross into Egypt so any males of fighting age will likely be denied entry. You know what will probably probably happen to them.
2) If a border crossing is opened Israel will likely force all the Gaza inhabitants into Egypt and the West Bank, never to return. 

26 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Adults call that “solution” ethnic cleansing with a splash of genocide and it would drive the wider Arab community crazy.

Sounds familiar, just a different portion of the world. It's' only ethnic cleansing if the Israelis have no intention of letting the civilians return to Gaza. I don't think that is the case and Israel has said they have no plans on permanently occupying Gaza. They have been very careful in what they say, pointing out they only intend to root out Hamas (read kill). 

32 minutes ago, Fanta said:

1) Egypt is not going to allow thousands of Hamas fighters to cross into Egypt so any males of fighting age will likely be denied entry. You know what will probably probably happen to them.
2) If a border crossing is opened Israel will likely force all the Gaza inhabitants into Egypt and the West Bank, never to return. 

1) I would hope not, considering Hamas say they want to fight why would they be escaping to Egypt? Yes, they die, the entire point of the exercise (for lack of a better term). 

2) While not a bad outcome ... see above. 

7 hours ago, EdwardV said:

1) I would hope not, considering Hamas say they want to fight why would they be escaping to Egypt? Yes, they die, the entire point of the exercise (for lack of a better term). 

Sorry, I wasn’t clear/wordy enough in my original comment. I meant that every male of fighting age will be targeted regardless of claimed affiliation. How do you identify Hamas vs no Hamas males? You cannot. And of course Hamas fighters would go to Egypt - continue the struggle etc etc.

7 hours ago, EdwardV said:

It's' only ethnic cleansing if the Israelis have no intention of letting the civilians return to Gaza. I don't think that is the case and Israel has said they have no plans on permanently occupying Gaza. They have been very careful in what they say, pointing out they only intend to root out Hamas (read kill). 

No openly stated plan to occupy Gaza 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Sorry, I wasn’t clear/wordy enough in my original comment. I meant that every male of fighting age will be targeted regardless of claimed affiliation. How do you identify Hamas vs no Hamas males? You cannot. And of course Hamas fighters would go to Egypt - continue the struggle etc etc.

Fair enough. Those males who are not Hamas would have a choice, fight or shelter in place. Pretty much what they are doing now right? Clearly Hamas isn't forcing every male to fight, at least not yet. Those who don't want to do so, will do what every civilian in history has done in this situation. They hunker down in a basement and ride it out. 

19 minutes ago, Fanta said:

No openly stated plan to occupy Gaza 😉

Like I said it wouldn't be a bad plan. However, politically I don't think Israel could or would even try to pull it off. Once they grind out Gaza, and kill off most if not all of Hamas, it makes sense to let them back. Keep in mind, Israel has working at improving its relationship with its neighbors. Keeping them out kills that, letting them return keeps that door open.  

• Cool 1

10 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

10 hours ago, Fanta said:

Ah, yes.  "Genocide"!  >>DRINK<<  While I disagree with much of what Israel does vis-a-via Palestinians, the claims of genocide are always hilarious.  I guess you don't realize that, even if Israel were at its worst, there's only ONE side of this conflict that calls for the total annihilation of the other side?

And, well, you don't actually understand the situation on the ground.  How would Israel "force" 2 million people out of Gaza?  The reality is Egypt keeps the border closed to their fellow Arabs and Muslims not because of Israel's pressure but because Gazans support the Muslim Brotherhood.  It's one of the thousand ways in which Palestinians are *ALWAYS* their own worst enemy.  As was famously said about them, they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.  Every country that has ever invited in Palestinians in large numbers regrets it.  Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Iraq, Kuwait... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's not the info that I'm criticizing, it's the cooked graphics that you keep using, from an extremely partisan source.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Ah, yes.  "Genocide"!  >>DRINK<<  While I disagree with much of what Israel does vis-a-via Palestinians, the claims of genocide are always hilarious.  I guess you don't realize that, even if Israel were at its worst, there's only ONE side of this conflict that calls for the total annihilation of the other side?

And, well, you don't actually understand the situation on the ground.  How would Israel "force" 2 million people out of Gaza?  The reality is Egypt keeps the border closed to their fellow Arabs and Muslims not because of Israel's pressure but because Gazans support the Muslim Brotherhood.  It's one of the thousand ways in which Palestinians are *ALWAYS* their own worst enemy.  As was famously said about them, they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.  Every country that has ever invited in Palestinians in large numbers regrets it.  Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Iraq, Kuwait... 

You misunderstand. We are discussing a hypothetical situation. 

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

It's not the info that I'm criticizing, it's the cooked graphics that you keep using, from an extremely partisan source.

So the numbers don't lie ..

The ferocity and intensity of Israel's bombardment of the Gaza Strip is staggering. 

It's less than a week since this conflict started and Gaza's health ministry says 500 Palestinian children have been killed by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF).  That number will only grow. 

There is no justification for the brutal and senseless massacre Hamas carried out inside Israel. 

Equally there can be no justification for reducing entire civilian neighbourhoods to rubble, leaving hundreds of thousands of people homeless, killing hundreds of children, cutting electricity and blocking food exports to Gaza. 

The entire Palestinian population of Gaza is being punished for the actions of Hamas.  

Israel argues it is "targeting" Hamas infrastructure, its leadership and fighters.   

But the international community has given Israel carte blanche to carry out the wholesale destruction of Gaza. 

While the world was shocked and appalled by the rampage by Hamas, where is the moral outrage at the deaths of 500 Palestinian children?  

The world has become inured to the suffering of Palestinians and turns a blind eye to the people of Gaza who have lived under a suffocating Israeli siege for 17 years.    

Its children have never known freedom of movement, the ability to cross a border and travel without special permits. They've lived through five wars with Israel and seen their homes destroyed, rebuilt and destroyed again. 

Living in an open-air prison with Israel controlling borders, airspace and the sea, the children of Gaza remain cut off from the world. 

They have lived in isolation for more than a decade, are denied their basic human rights and don't deserve to suffer from the appalling judgement of the militant groups which control Gaza. 

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

The ferocity and intensity of Israel's bombardment of the Gaza Strip is staggering. 

It's less than a week since this conflict started and Gaza's health ministry says 500 Palestinian children have been killed by the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF).  That number will only grow. 

There is no justification for the brutal and senseless massacre Hamas carried out inside Israel. 

Equally there can be no justification for reducing entire civilian neighbourhoods to rubble, leaving hundreds of thousands of people homeless, killing hundreds of children, cutting electricity and blocking food exports to Gaza. 

The entire Palestinian population of Gaza is being punished for the actions of Hamas.  

Israel argues it is "targeting" Hamas infrastructure, its leadership and fighters.   

But the international community has given Israel carte blanche to carry out the wholesale destruction of Gaza. 

While the world was shocked and appalled by the rampage by Hamas, where is the moral outrage at the deaths of 500 Palestinian children?  

The world has become inured to the suffering of Palestinians and turns a blind eye to the people of Gaza who have lived under a suffocating Israeli siege for 17 years.    

Its children have never known freedom of movement, the ability to cross a border and travel without special permits. They've lived through five wars with Israel and seen their homes destroyed, rebuilt and destroyed again. 

Living in an open-air prison with Israel controlling borders, airspace and the sea, the children of Gaza remain cut off from the world. 

They have lived in isolation for more than a decade, are denied their basic human rights and don't deserve to suffer from the appalling judgement of the militant groups which control Gaza. 

Genuine questions:  What realistic steps should be taken right now, that take into account recent and not so recent violence, the long history of failed peace attempts that MOSTLY (not entirely) were rejected by the Palestinians, the domination of Gaza by a force that is completely jihadi and anti-semitic in nature (as opposed to Fatah, for example)?  And why, when Gaza shares a border with Egypt, do you place the entire burden on Gazans' isolation on Israel ("Living in an open-air prison with Israel controlling borders")?

• Like 2