News Forum - Israel’s supply cut reveals state’s cruel, dehumanising intentions towards Palestine

Thaiger

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So the numbers don't lie ..

I actually don't know if the raw numbers are accurate or not.  How they are presented -- that is the lie.  And it's what I've been saying (but you knew that...)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wackamole said:

as I already mentioned, I believe he was mocking another poster there. You can see this post doesn't match the rest of his too.. I think he knew it would be used against him, just lost the will to argue seriously with people blinded mostly by their racism...

Ah, you play the race card.  I'll play the Jew-hating card on both of you.

• Like 2

Wow, there is a lot of aggression in this thread which is ironic given the Thai style of debating which favours agreeing with your opposition on common areas then suggesting alternative routes where you differ. This is a football (soccer) hooligan slanging match rather than a discussion.

I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t really understand the history of Palestine and Israel so made a point of learning. It turns out my lot - the British seized control of Palestine from the Ottoman empire then after the second world war gave most of it to Jewish migrants creating Israel. The native Palestinians weren’t overly happy which is understandable.

Palestine was now divided into 2 areas, the Gaza strip and the West Bank with access and amenities controlled by Israel. This only sought to antagonise native Palestinians.

in the ensuing years Israel has illegally land grabbed in the West Bank and as the UN graphic shows casualties have hit Palestinians disproportionally harder. In recent years 6,000 Palestinians have lost their lives compared to 300 Israelis and around 150,000 Palestinians have been wounded compared to less than 10,000 Israelis.  

I spent a long time talking to someone who visited the area on holiday - he is quite extreme in his travels. He talked of rubbish and bottles of urine routinely being thrown from Israeli lookout posts into the streets of Gaza and of how Palestinians were treated as animals at check points to allow travel between Gaza and the West Bank or elsewhere.

The actions of Hamas were pure terrorism but Israel is not without blood on their hands as well. The West sides with Israel because we were responsible for its formation. As usual we arrogantly went in, did half a job then left. Think Afghanistan, think Vietnam, think Iraq, think India and Pakistan. 

Whilst you guys sling insults at each other normal law abiding citizens are dying by the thousand in the world’s largest open air prison. It’s horrific.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

Wow, there is a lot of aggression in this thread which is ironic given the Thai style of debating which favours agreeing with your opposition on common areas then suggesting alternative routes where you differ. This is a football (soccer) hooligan slanging match rather than a discussion.

I’m embarrassed to say that I didn’t really understand the history of Palestine and Israel so made a point of learning. It turns out my lot - the British seized control of Palestine from the Ottoman empire then after the second world war gave most of it to Jewish migrants creating Israel. The native Palestinians weren’t overly happy which is understandable.

Palestine was now divided into 2 areas, the Gaza strip and the West Bank with access and amenities controlled by Israel. This only sought to antagonise native Palestinians.

in the ensuing years Israel has illegally land grabbed in the West Bank and as the UN graphic shows casualties have hit Palestinians disproportionally harder. In recent years 6,000 Palestinians have lost their lives compared to 300 Israelis and around 150,000 Palestinians have been wounded compared to less than 10,000 Israelis.  

I spent a long time talking to someone who visited the area on holiday - he is quite extreme in his travels. He talked of rubbish and bottles of urine routinely being thrown from Israeli lookout posts into the streets of Gaza and of how Palestinians were treated as animals at check points to allow travel between Gaza and the West Bank or elsewhere.

The actions of Hamas were pure terrorism but Israel is not without blood on their hands as well. The West sides with Israel because we were responsible for its formation. As usual we arrogantly went in, did half a job then left. Think Afghanistan, think Vietnam, think Iraq, think India and Pakistan. 

Whilst you guys sling insults at each other normal law abiding citizens are dying by the thousand in the world’s largest open air prison. It’s horrific.

I lived in Israel for almost 4 years; I had both Arab and Jewish employees.  I conducted evacuations of Palestinians out of Gaza twice, when things were really bad during the Second Intifada, bring them through Allenby to exit to Jordan.  While no one, including me, would argue that Israel doesn't also have blood on its hands, and I fully condemn the expansion in the West Bank... your account above is simplistic, simplistic to the point of being inaccurate.  To point out one obvious howler -- there are no Israeli lookout posts in the streets of Gaza.  Israel withdrew fully from the Gaza Strip while I lived there (2005?) -- at the time there was a small kibbutz and synagogue there that Israel forcibly evacuated under the naïve belief it would ease tensions.  And urine bottles, even if they existed and crude as they are, are far better than suicide vests with the components coated in rat poison tp prevent blood clotting (I was with the family of one American boy -- Daniel Wultz -- blown up at a shwarma stand by a suicide bomber who came to Tel Aviv looking to kill civilians).

You're leaving out the lies told by the Palestinian side, the fact that there is an entire industry created by vested interests to stoke their rage and violence which they inevitably vent in horrific ways, the continually bad choices made by the Palestinian side to reject peace and ALWAYS choose violence, the average Gazan's tolerance and support of violence, and so much more.

And I'd point out that the worst excesses on Israel's side have occurred in recent years, after spasms of Palestinian violence.  That doesn't excuse them, but it does largely explain them.

I'd ask that you really hear both sides of this issue -- your self-education has only just begun -- and stop preaching to us until you do.

• Like 4

I’ve heard this from several different sources lately and for me it sums up the whole situation.

“If hamas was to put down all of its weapons there would be peace, if Israel put down all of its weapons there would be no Israel”

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Thai style of debating which favours agreeing with your opposition on common areas then suggesting alternative routes where you differ.

Which usually gets you nowhere and in this situation, certainly would not . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I lived in Israel for almost 4 years; I had both Arab and Jewish employees.  I conducted evacuations of Palestinians out of Gaza twice, when things were really bad during the Second Intifada, bring them through Allenby to exit to Jordan.  While no one, including me, would argue that Israel doesn't also have blood on its hands, and I fully condemn the expansion in the West Bank... your account above is simplistic, simplistic to the point of being inaccurate.  To point out one obvious howler -- there are no Israeli lookout posts in the streets of Gaza.  Israel withdrew fully from the Gaza Strip while I lived there (2005?) -- at the time there was a small kibbutz and synagogue there that Israel forcibly evacuated under the naïve belief it would ease tensions.  And urine bottles, even if they existed and crude as they are, are far better than suicide vests with the components coated in rat poison tp prevent blood clotting (I was with the family of one American boy -- Daniel Wultz -- blown up at a shwarma stand by a suicide bomber who came to Tel Aviv looking to kill civilians).

You're leaving out the lies told by the Palestinian side, the fact that there is an entire industry created by vested interests to stoke their rage and violence which they inevitably vent in horrific ways, the continually bad choices made by the Palestinian side to reject peace and ALWAYS choose violence, the average Gazan's tolerance and support of violence, and so much more.

And I'd point out that the worst excesses on Israel's side have occurred in recent years, after spasms of Palestinian violence.  That doesn't excuse them, but it does largely explain them.

I'd ask that you really hear both sides of this issue -- your self-education has only just begun -- and stop preaching to us until you do.

Thanks for your reply.

I bow to your hands on experience of the situation. Full disclosure, my great grand parents were Jewish immigrants into the UK from Poland / Russia. At the time it was decided they were no longer welcome in their homeland so joined others to set up a new life. So I’ve got a bit of skin in the game so to speak. I was Christened but grandad was a practicing Jew who actually died in Israel on holiday.

When in the Gaza strip my friend stayed in the Banksy hotel and he showed photos of the nearby wall to Israel which had border lookout towers built into it. The graffiti was meaningful. He also showed photos of the bottles of urine. Is this not factually correct?

In terms of who did what to whom first you would have to say the creation of Israel against the wishes of the Arab people was the founding crime and resentment must have started from there. There has never been any love lost between both sides. 

My reason for commenting was to try and understand the position and help others do the same so they can avoid hurling insults along partisan lines. Our information will always be biassed depending where we are. I would hope a forum like this could be neutral ground.

Look after yourself and may the world treat you well.

Henry

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

8 hours ago, Henry said:

The  British did not give anything to anyone since they were colonial occupiers. The sections that became part of Israel were already structured as such when it was a province of Damascus. What the British did was create Transjordan - Now Jordan, by transplanting the KSA Hashemite family and making a new Kingdom for them. That technically is much of what  Arab palestine is. However, that's the  elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowledge that parts  KSA.,Lebanon, Syria and much of Jordan are "Palestine". If you want to  redistribute land, be sure to sew lebanon back into Syria because the  lebanese ripped it out. And whle you are at it, Please give the Kurds their homelands in Iraq , Turkey and iran.  The people who were truly screwed  were the Kurds. The Palestinians have their country and it is now called Jordan. The fact that a small foreign minority group controls the country is another issue.

And btw, the Arabs and Hebrews/Israelites did manage to get along for centuries as long as the Ottoman Empire was present and not in turmoil. In case you forgot, the Kingdom of Saul - the Israelite King took in much of modern day KSA and the local arab tribes had no issues with the Israelites. The problem has come because of the Europeans having grabbed resources and then playing off the Arab people against the  Israelites. There was always a large jewish community in "Palestine". In many centuries they formed  the majority population in cities such as jerusalem, hebron and even Tyre. Wars come and go and the Jews were forced out of some places. However, the root cause of the problems today have been European colonial powers and European meddling.   It amazes me that western Europeans can come up with such fanciful excuses that always blame the locals, when the reality is that the Europeans  are the  the ones who caused the problems.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Equally there can be no justification for reducing entire civilian neighbourhoods to rubble, leaving hundreds of thousands of people homeless, killing hundreds of children, cutting electricity and blocking food exports to Gaza. 

The entire Palestinian population of Gaza is being punished for the actions of Hamas.  

You are describing war, the same as what is happening right now further north. What Hamas did wasn't the same as in the past, therefore you can't look at what is happening now in the same way. Hamas in effect started a war, they invaded Israel and occupied territory. The ferocity and scale of the attack proved once and for all the two sides can't live in peace. There is no two-state solution when one side has vowed to destroy the other side. It just doesn't work, and world needs to stop pretending it can. Hamas declared war; Israel is planning on finishing it. That's what happens when you write a check your azz can't cash. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 10:25 PM, Pinga said:

#1 award for most idiotic post I've read this year. Hamas animals have infiltrated Israel butchering and kidnapping innocent women, children, and elderly - exposing exactly who and what they are. Hell they even killed Thais and other nationals who have nothing to do with the conflict.

I don't care if all of Gaza gets demolished - Hamas needs to go. No sovereign nation will stand by in the face of an attack on civilians in it's territory - and neither will Israel.

Obviously, you are not aware that this is not Israeli territory. these are territories occupied by Israel.

According to international law.

If you think it still exists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli-occupied_territories

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

Obviously, you are not aware that this is not Israeli territory. these are territories occupied by Israel.

The Hamas pogrom occurred in uncontested Israeli land. The only  people who consider the Israelis  occupiers of the land is Hamas. The land is not "occupied" . Check your international law again as there are no land claims where the Israeli farms located.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Vigo said:

The Hamas pogrom occurred in uncontested Israeli land. The only  people who consider the Israelis  occupiers of the land is Hamas. The land is not "occupied" . Check your international law again as there are no land claims where the Israeli farms located.

Of course Hamas's actions were inhumane.

But this story is not the struggle between good and evil, as you try to make it out to be.

The Palestinian territories have been occupied territory for many years and the number of Palestinian civilians killed far exceeds the number of Israelis killed.

Of course, both sides KILL IN RESPONSE to killed. 

As always, the impossibility of dialogue and the inevitability of war. The question is - why does this happen?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Jerusalem

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vigo said:

The  British did not give anything to anyone since they were colonial occupiers. The sections that became part of Israel were already structured as such when it was a province of Damascus. What the British did was create Transjordan - Now Jordan, by transplanting the KSA Hashemite family and making a new Kingdom for them. That technically is much of what  Arab palestine is. However, that's the  elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowledge that parts  KSA.,Lebanon, Syria and much of Jordan are "Palestine". If you want to  redistribute land, be sure to sew lebanon back into Syria because the  lebanese ripped it out. And whle you are at it, Please give the Kurds their homelands in Iraq , Turkey and iran.  The people who were truly screwed  were the Kurds. The Palestinians have their country and it is now called Jordan. The fact that a small foreign minority group controls the country is another issue.

And btw, the Arabs and Hebrews/Israelites did manage to get along for centuries as long as the Ottoman Empire was present and not in turmoil. In case you forgot, the Kingdom of Saul - the Israelite King took in much of modern day KSA and the local arab tribes had no issues with the Israelites. The problem has come because of the Europeans having grabbed resources and then playing off the Arab people against the  Israelites. There was always a large jewish community in "Palestine". In many centuries they formed  the majority population in cities such as jerusalem, hebron and even Tyre. Wars come and go and the Jews were forced out of some places. However, the root cause of the problems today have been European colonial powers and European meddling.   It amazes me that western Europeans can come up with such fanciful excuses that always blame the locals, when the reality is that the Europeans  are the  the ones who caused the problems.

This is the problem with the internet. People try to come across as knowledgeable and other folks believe it. 

Kingdom of Saul went nowhere near modern day KSA, and did not take in "much of it" 

It was based around Dead Sea, and Sea of Galilee.

Please show your map sources for this statement.. 😆

Suggest you take a geography lesson...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

This is the problem with the internet. People try to come across as knowledgeable and other folks believe it. 

Kingdom of Saul went nowhere near modern day KSA, and did not take in "much of it" 

It was based around Dead Sea, and Sea of Galilee.

Please show your map sources for this statement.. 😆

Suggest you take a geography lesson...

I wrote that the the kingdom of  Saul included  "parts of  KSA, Lebanon, Syria and much of Jordan ". Jordan is a creation of the  western colonial powers and is cut mostly from what is now Saudi Arabia. That is the excuse for  allowing Hashemites  to rule in Jordan.

Kingdom of Saul most certainly took in parts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after the tribal war with Huwaytat and Hudhayl. (They were located on Red sea. How else do you think jews got to Yemen?  bet you are not even aware that at one time Arabia was jewish. Suggest you take a history lesson, or at least attend a Scriptures class.   Will you deny this too?  https://www.ias.edu/ideas/2011/bowersock-jewish-arabia#:~:text=The Jewish kingdom of Arabia,%2C Syriac%2C and Greek traditions.     This is becoming a throw back to ancient history class minus the Afrikaner kid who used to drink in the last row.

... thousands in northern Gaza were rushing to leave the area by foot, car, truck and donkey cart after Israel’s forces warned about half the population of the Gaza Strip to go south. The evacuation in Gaza was condemned by a United Nations agency that said it could have disastrous effects amid a growing humanitarian crisis in the sealed-off territory. "Conditions are very bad," Yaser Betar, a Texas native, told USA TODAY. Israel's evacuation order for parts of Gaza came ahead of an expected ground offensive against Hamas militants. The order calls for people living in north Gaza to move south of the Wadi Gaza area, which is in the middle of the territory. The southern end of Gaza sits against the Egyptian border, which is closed. Hamas told residents to remain.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/palestinians-flee-gaza-amid-israel-hamas-war-americans-board-charter-flights-live-updates/ar-AA1ia3xy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5b236c71b7dd4c4d8edd0f3d6116b1b3&ei=15

The comparison of Israel warning Gaza of a pending invasion vs Hamas aside. The fact Hamas is telling the residents to remain in place knowing the Israeli army is going to flatten the area is horrendous. They want to basically sacrifice the civilian population for propaganda purposes. Yeah, that's someone looking out for your best interest. 🙄 The Israeli army is going to flatten every building on its way south. It's going to make Sherman's march to the sea look like a tea party outing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vigo said:

I wrote that the the kingdom of  Saul included  "parts of  KSA, Lebanon, Syria and much of Jordan ". Jordan is a creation of the  western colonial powers and is cut mostly from what is now Saudi Arabia. That is the excuse for  allowing Hashemites  to rule in Jordan.

Kingdom of Saul most certainly took in parts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after the tribal war with Huwaytat and Hudhayl. (They were located on Red sea. How else do you think jews got to Yemen?  bet you are not even aware that at one time Arabia was jewish. Suggest you take a history lesson, or at least attend a Scriptures class.   Will you deny this too?  https://www.ias.edu/ideas/2011/bowersock-jewish-arabia#:~:text=The Jewish kingdom of Arabia,%2C Syriac%2C and Greek traditions.     This is becoming a throw back to ancient history class minus the Afrikaner kid who used to drink in the last row.

Nope, you wrote:

"the Kingdom of Saul - the Israelite King took in much of modern day KSA"

So where's your map?

Screenshot_20231013_235958_com.android.chrome_edit_584847395897214.thumb.jpg.f3aa8dd239b851edb9a0ddd63bf81e40.jpg

6 hours ago, EdwardV said:

... thousands in northern Gaza were rushing to leave the area by foot, car, truck and donkey cart after Israel’s forces warned about half the population of the Gaza Strip to go south. The evacuation in Gaza was condemned by a United Nations agency that said it could have disastrous effects amid a growing humanitarian crisis in the sealed-off territory. "Conditions are very bad," Yaser Betar, a Texas native, told USA TODAY. Israel's evacuation order for parts of Gaza came ahead of an expected ground offensive against Hamas militants. The order calls for people living in north Gaza to move south of the Wadi Gaza area, which is in the middle of the territory. The southern end of Gaza sits against the Egyptian border, which is closed. Hamas told residents to remain.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/palestinians-flee-gaza-amid-israel-hamas-war-americans-board-charter-flights-live-updates/ar-AA1ia3xy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=5b236c71b7dd4c4d8edd0f3d6116b1b3&ei=15

The comparison of Israel warning Gaza of a pending invasion vs Hamas aside. The fact Hamas is telling the residents to remain in place knowing the Israeli army is going to flatten the area is horrendous. They want to basically sacrifice the civilian population for propaganda purposes. Yeah, that's someone looking out for your best interest. 🙄 The Israeli army is going to flatten every building on its way south. It's going to make Sherman's march to the sea look like a tea party outing. 

I vomited at the disingenuousness. and the excitement at the end. dear God.

15 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

Neither are the parts of Ukraine invaded and occupied by Russia - yet you consistently support that.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:33 PM, Vigo said:

My mistake for  initialing engaging a forum member of convenience who uses the option to undertake hate speech. Your statements  won't change anyone's position, just as mine will not change the position of those committed to the destruction of Israel. You can post all the hate speech you want. Better that than your beheading babies, kidnapping elderly people and sodomizing children as the Hamas  terrorists recently did. That's your crowd.  Just remember that kidnapping Thai farm workers and torturing them on camera won't win you any friends in Thailand, at least not with my crew.

Instead, I will maintain focus and ignore you, and wish  the Israelis well as they rid Gaza of Hamas. You keep hating away. It won't help your cause. Meanwhile hang on to your hairpiece because the winds of change are a blowing.

Speaking about hate speech; what do you think when Knesset members, the REPRESENTANTS OF THE PEOPLE of Israel, tell publicly how Plaestininas should be burnt, shot, killed, they are animals, to have 2 kills at one shot by shooting a pregnant woman?

"Beheaded babies":
Do you have some proof of this, other than your lunatic tailing of babbling of IDF soldier, who said he "saw" them, but no one else have seen them?

What is the point in repeating that bullshit? Do you yourself believe into it, or just WANT to believe so?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vigo said:

However, the root cause of the problems today have been European colonial powers and European meddling.   It amazes me that western Europeans can come up with such fanciful excuses that always blame the locals, when the reality is that the Europeans  are the  the ones who caused the problems.

A co-worker from Afghanistan once told me the British are the cause of much of the evil in the world.  He may have a point if one thinks about the size of the former British empire.  Then there is France in Indo-China and the brutality of  Belgium in Congo.  The French in Algeria, etc.  

On 10/12/2023 at 2:05 AM, Grumpish said:

Unfortunately, you laid out your agenda in that first sentence. If you have done that much reading, unless you are cherry picking only what confirms your prejudices, then you must have realised by now that it is not black and white. That there have been rights and wrongs on both sides, that it is far more complex than the "Israelis bad\Palestinians good" line that you trying to portray or the "Palestinians bad\Isrealis good" line that you claim everyone else has been brainwashed with.

I have no idea who are you trying to fool; maybe just yourself:
The ONE AND ONLY in wrong in this conflict, is the Israelis. ONE AND ONLY! Period!
The Palestininas were dumb enought to accept the Jewsih people escaping Europe some 100 years ago, and now they pay the price.
The Jews just did not come; they started to occypu the land more and more. When the Palestininas said "NO MEANS NO"; that they too, as peoiple living in the freaking country, have rights.
Then started the violence; Palestininns trying to defend, but that went wrong. THe Jews even attacked Britons; the nation that gave the land of others to them.

Since the founding of Israel, Israel has broken EVERY SINGLE agremeent, and acted in like complete hoodloms, in impunity. Committing war-crimes every single day since the founding of the country. White phosphorous, exploding bullets, killing of civilians, using "dirty" ammunition on civilians, shooting schools and hospitals, denying the return of occupied people (THE CIVILIANS!!!), etc.

And you blatantly defend this terrorist state! You are simply human SCUM on supporting terrorist and killing! SCUM!

T

On 10/12/2023 at 12:12 PM, ChicagoExpat said:

The ignoramus jackweed who wrote this piece of trash seems to be unaware that Gaza shares a border with a fellow Arab country, who can do what they want regarding what goes into Gaza.

But, you know, far easier to blame those crafty Jews!

The sh1thole Jewsih state has cut power and water from hospitlas, where the civilians are supposed to be treated:
And you scum defend this???

I hope they cut it from you/your family when something happens to YOU! SCUM!

7 minutes ago, TedG said:

How does that work for Russia and Ukraine? 

You condemn Russia for occupying Ukrainian land. Do you condemn Israel for occupying Palestinian land?