English Premier League Last Person Standing 2022/23

BigHewer

All selections in now for Week 32. Still six players in in the current round, how many will make it through to Week 33? Unusually, we have five different LPS fixtures this week after a couple of exotic selections. The first four games are all on Saturday afternoon UK time, and the final fixture will  be on Sunday. Good luck to all players, especially @DwizzleyMatthews!

Fulham vs Leeds @Slacker77 
Crystal Palace vs Everton @Marble-eye
Leicester vs Wolves  @Chaimai
Liverpool vs Nottingham Forest @DwizzleyMatthews @BigHewer
Bournemouth vs West Ham @Faz 

LPS 22.23 Week 32.xls

• Like 4

Week 32 done and dusted and some dramatic results see us down to four players battling it out for LPS honours in the current cycle. Week 33 fixtures as below, with the first games taking place on Tuesday evening UK time. I'll go for Wolves this week. Calling on @Slacker77, @DwizzleyMatthews and @Faz to make selections.

Tue April 25th
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crystal Palace
Aston Villa v Fulham
Leeds United v Leicester City

Wed April 26
Nottingham Forest v Brighton & Hove Albion
Chelsea v Brentford
West Ham United v Liverpool
Manchester City v Arsenal

Thu Apr 27th
Everton v Newcastle United
Southampton v AFC Bournemouth
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United

LPS 22.23 Week 33.xls

• Like 2

Oh dear, decisions, decisions.
I haven't proceeded beyond two correct picks on the trot since the start of the LPS game.
With Nottingham Forrest, Bournemouth and Southampton left as choices, after their performance against Arsenal and fighting for their survival in the Premier League, I'll put my faith in Southampton to progress.

Southampton, please @BigHewer.

• Like 3

We're all set now for Week 33, with all selections in. Four players still standing, how many will make it to Week 34? The first fixture is on Tuesday evening UK time, with the next two on Wednesday and then finally the Saints taking on the Cherries on Thursday. Looking at the line-up of matches, I had been feeling rather bullish with my Wolves pick, now not so much. Good luck to all players, once again especially to @DwizzleyMatthews with his wise selection of the Mighty Toon!

Wolves vs Crystal Palace @BigHewer
West Ham vs Liverpool @Slacker77
Everton vs Newcastle United @DwizzleyMatthews
Southampton vs Bournemouth @Faz

LPS 22.23 Week 33.xls

• Like 2

Week 33 done and with the Saints' demise at home to the Cherries, four have become three. @Marble-eye still leading the comp, but the chasing pack are edging closer.

I'll go for Newcastle United for Week 34. Calling on @Slacker77 and @DwizzleyMatthews to make selections, bearing in mind that the first game is tomorrow night (Saturday) UK time. 

* With some teams playing twice in week 34, please specify the fixture if applicable.

Sat, April 29th
Crystal Palace v West Ham United*
Brentford v Nottingham Forest
Brighton & Hove Albion v Wolverhampton Wanderers*

Sun, April 30th
Bournemouth v Leeds United
Fulham v Manchester City*
Manchester United v Aston Villa*
Newcastle United v Southampton
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur*

Mon, May 1st
Leicester City v Everton

Tue, May 2nd
Arsenal v Chelsea

Wed, May 3rd
Liverpool v Fulham*
Man City v West Ham*

Thu
Brighton v Man United*

LPS 22.23 Week 34.xls

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

In a controversial move (😞) i will go with Bournemouth @BigHewer

Smart move, DM. Now that’s what I call a “risk hedge”. The Cherries win and you’re through; any other result and Leeds likely stay out of the bottom three 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Week 33 done and with the Saints' demise at home to the Cherries, four have become three.

It's OK, you can just state with Faz's demise, four have become three.

With only 3 teams left to choose from (NF, Soton and B'Mouth) and 2 playing each other, I based my judgement on the previous week's results, i.e. Soton drawing away 3-3 at Arsenal and B'Mouth losing 4-0 at home to W Ham, sods law, Soton would win at home to B'Mouth - only they didn't! 😒

Soda law doesn't always apply, however throughout this LPS season, this particular 'sod' has been stuck to the sole of my shoe throughout, and I'm not stooping down to smell it.

My claim to fame is that I at least hit double figures, same as everyone else 🙄

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

With only 3 teams left to choose from (NF, Soton and B'Mouth) and 2 playing each other, I based my judgement on the previous week's results, i.e. Soton drawing away 3-3 at Arsenal and B'Mouth losing 4-0 at home to W Ham, sods law, Soton would win at home to B'Mouth - only they didn't! 😒

If only you’d picked Bournemouth 😏….

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

In a controversial move (😞) i will go with Bournemouth @BigHewer

Ambitious and risky, mind you I'd have made the same choice, my only other alternative being Notts Forrest.

Your unwavering faith in Leeds is shining through, like an unlit beacon in the fog 😁

• Haha 2

Week 34 now locked in, with three players in it to win it. Who's going through to week 35? Three LPS fixtures to keep an eye on, with  the first two games on Sunday afternoon UK time and the third fixture on Wednesday evening. Good luck to all players.

Bournemouth v Leeds United @DwizzleyMatthews
Newcastle United v Southampton @BigHewer
Manchester City v West Ham @Slacker77

LPS 22.23 Week 34.xls

• Like 1

It's a case of "as you were" in Week 34, with all three players going through unscathed. So, onward we go to Week 35, with a very tricky list of fixtures, and the first game kicking off on Saturday afternoon UK time. I'll go for Nottingham Forest this week. Calling on @DwizzleyMatthews and @Slacker77 to make selections.

Bournemouth v Chelsea
Manchester City v Leeds United
Tottenham v Crystal Palace
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Brentford
Newcastle United v Arsenal
West Ham v Manchester United
Fulham v Leicester City
Brighton v Everton
Nottingham Forest v Southampton

LPS 22.23 Week 35.xls

• Like 2

Week 35 picks are all in, and there are three LPS fixtures of interest. The first game will be tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) UK time, with the other two fixtures on Monday. Will we see a last person standing this week? @Marble-eye still leads the way in the overall standings, but the chasing pack are closing fast.

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Aston Villa @Slacker77
Brighton v Everton @DwizzleyMatthews
Nottingham Forest v Southampton @BigHewer

Good luck to all players.

LPS 22.23 Week 35.xls

• Like 2