English Premier League Last Person Standing 2022/23

BigHewer

A break in the Premier League now for the FA Cup and also the League Cup semi-finals. When the Premier League resumes, all players are back in and our four "LPS teams" are all in action on Saturday February 4th @ 3pm UK time: Brighton, Brentford and in the big showdown, @Faz and @spicy_girl's Aston Villa vs @Marble-eye's Leicester. How many players will make it through to Week 23? 

Game Week 22 excel sheet.

LPS 22.23 Week 22.xls

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

How many players will make it through to Week 23? 

But surely the question on everybody's lips must be....if Chris Sutton was playing LPS would Faz still be holding the rest of us up? 🤔⚽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

But surely the question on everybody's lips must be....if Chris Sutton was playing LPS would Faz still be holding the rest of us up? 🤔⚽

Undoubtedly, I have broader shoulders 😊

In my defence, I thought my cunning and expertise was holding firm picking losers and avoiding that 7 point penalty until week 18 when @BigHewer tipped me off the concept of the LPS was to score the most points possible, not the least as I'd assumed.

Now understanding the purpose of this game and the aim of picking winners, I'm unfortunately left with only losers to choose from. Some you win, some you lose, but you'll understand that 'loosing' feeling by the end of the season. 🤪

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Still two games to go in Game Week 22, but it's all over from our LPS perspective, with all games played on Saturday. Result of the round was undoubtedly Leicester knocking off Aston Villa, with "that man" @Marble-eye pulling another rabbit out of the hat with an away win pick. @DwizzleyMatthews leads the way, with the chasing pack just behind. @Chaimai could be now making his move on the top half as well. Game Week 23 fixtures below, I'll go for Manchester United this time, in the first fixture on Wednesday. I wonder which team @Slacker77 will pick? 🤔

First fixture kicks off on Wednesday at 8pm, UK time. Picks to be submitted before then.

Manchester United v Leeds (Wed)*
West Ham v Chelsea
Arsenal v Brentford
Crystal Palace v Brighton
Fulham v Nottingham Forest
Leicester v Tottenham
Southampton v Wolves
Bournemouth v Newcastle
Leeds v Manchester United (Sun)*
Manchester City v Aston Villa
Liverpool v Everton

* With Manchester United and Leeds playing twice, please specify which fixture you want if going for one of those teams.

LPS 22.23 Week 23.xls

• Like 1

Bit of a quandary as the two teams I have remaining are playing each other, however as I have to chose one those teams it will have to be Wolves. But on reflection it could have been a lot worse. 

Wolves please BH. ⚽

• Thanks 1

All picks in for Week 23. There are four LPS teams in action, with Manchester United up first on Wednesday night*, followed by Wolves, Nottingham Forest and Crystal Palace on Saturday. Good luck to all players.

Week 23 excel: LPS 22.23 Week 23.xls

(*On a side note, I'm glad the Manchester United vs. Leeds match is on at an ungodly hour In Asia, so I won't be able to watch. Would be odd cheering on the Red Devils in the Roses Derby.)

• Like 3

Well well well... Some big results in the Last Person Standing this weekend and we have another winner and a new leader. With 10-man Wolves coming from behind to beat Southampton, @Marble-eye's inspired pick scoops the pool as the only successful one and has taken over the lead from @DwizzleyMatthews@Slacker77 not far behind in third spot and now the first player to have 20 teams to choose from again. Who would have picked Leicester, Fulham and Wolves to be the only winners so far this game week? (Answer: perhaps nobody, except "you know who" 😀). A new round begins with all players in, and I'll go for Chelsea this week. 

Week 24 fixtures kick-off on Wednesday, 15th of February at 8pm UK time.
Arsenal* v Man City*
Aston Villa v Arsenal*
Brentford v Crystal Palace
Brighton & Hove Albion v Fulham
Chelsea v Southampton
Everton v Leeds United
Nottingham Forest v Manchester City*
Wolverhampton Wanderers v AFC Bournemouth
Newcastle United v Liverpool
Manchester United v Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United

* With Arsenal and Manchester City playing twice, please indicate which fixture if you are selecting one of these teams.

Congratulations to @Marble-eye 🎉 🍻 and good luck to all players.

LPS 22.23 Week 23.xls

@Faz @Chaimai @spicy_girl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Well well well... Some big results in the Last Person Standing this weekend and we have another winner and a new leader. With 10-man Wolves coming from behind to beat Southampton, @Marble-eye's inspired pick scoops the pool as the only successful one and has taken over the lead from @DwizzleyMatthews@Slacker77 not far behind in third spot and now the first player to have 20 teams to choose from again. Who would have picked Leicester, Fulham and Wolves to be the only winners so far this game week? (Answer: perhaps nobody, except "you know who" 😀). A new round begins with all players in, and I'll go for Chelsea this week. 

Week 24 fixtures kick-off on Wednesday, 15th of February at 8pm UK time.
Arsenal* v Man City*
Aston Villa v Arsenal*
Brentford v Crystal Palace
Brighton & Hove Albion v Fulham
Chelsea v Southampton
Everton v Leeds United
Nottingham Forest v Manchester City*
Wolverhampton Wanderers v AFC Bournemouth
Newcastle United v Liverpool
Manchester United v Leicester City
Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United

* With Arsenal and Manchester City playing twice, please indicate which fixture if you are selecting one of these teams.

Congratulations to @Marble-eye 🎉 🍻 and good luck to all players.

LPS 22.23 Week 23.xls 13 kB · 0 downloads

@Faz @Chaimai @spicy_girl

This is where my well engineered plan could come to a sudden standstill, I only have Southampton to chose from and they are playing Chelsea, but you can't win them all.🥴

So Southampton for me please BH.⚽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

22 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

This is where my well engineered plan could come to a sudden standstill, I only have Southampton to chose from and they are playing Chelsea, but you can't win them all.🥴

So Southampton for me please BH.⚽

Nathan Jones will probably get the sack this week after Southampton’s dismal run of form. A shame, because he seems a decent chap. 

I‘m sure the Saints’ board will give him one more chance after they find out you’ve got them beating Chelsea away in the next fixture.  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Nathan Jones will probably get the sack this week after Southampton’s dismal run of form. A shame, because he seems a decent chap. 

I‘m sure the Saints’ board will give him one more chance after they find out you’ve got them beating Chelsea away in the next fixture.  😁

Just shows you how much I know about football, I thought Lawrie McMenemy was still the manager of Southampton.⚽

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Who would have picked Leicester, Fulham and Wolves to be the only winners so far this game week? (Answer: perhaps nobody, except "you know who" 😀).

Had all 3 left as picks, unfortunately you've got to be in it, to win it. 🙄

Wolves for me, please,  @BigHewer but take the pin out of that voodoo effigy of me first.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Faz said:

Had all 3 left as picks, unfortunately you've got to be in it, to win it. 🙄

Wolves for me, please,  @BigHewer but take the pin out of that voodoo effigy of me first.

I think there should be a poll taken before that pin is removed.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Congratulations to @Marble-eye, now with all 20 teams you are in a very fortunate position, unlike myself who has 3 no hopers to choose from ☹️

Congrats @Marble-eye you %$£%& 😜

No sympathy from me @DwizzleyMatthews, count yourself lucky.
I started with 20 no hopers and still got 7 left. 😟

With @Slacker77 again having 20 teams to choose from, the betting should be whether Faz can get into double point figures this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I think there should be a poll taken before that pin is removed.

I ran the poll last time, and look where that got me!

Never have I been so misunderstood as when I said, ''I'd take one for the team''.
I didn't mean there!  🎯

• Haha 3