English Premier League Last Person Standing 2022/23

BigHewer

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Scenes… I was absolutely disgusted when the Cherries went 1-0 up nine seconds in.  2-0, and the wife learned a few new words.

What a game! ⚽

A great comeback and a very good game to watch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Scenes… I was absolutely disgusted when the Cherries went 1-0 up nine seconds in.  2-0, and the wife learned a few new words.

What a game! ⚽

I watched the Leeds/Chelsea game, Leeds played well but couldn't score, the Newcastle game was pretty much the same. I thought Bournemouth were going to hold out, but with 6 minutes of injury time Arsenal scored in the 7th minute. 🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

I watched the Leeds/Chelsea game, Leeds played well but couldn't score, the Newcastle game was pretty much the same. I thought Bournemouth were going to hold out, but with 6 minutes of injury time Arsenal scored in the 7th minute. 🙄

Arsenal showed they were genuine title contenders.

If the Bournemouth goalkeeper had wasted less time, 'injury time' might have only been 4 minutes. 😋

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

Arsenal showed they were genuine title contenders.

If the Bournemouth goalkeeper had wasted less time, 'injury time' might have only been 4 minutes. 😋

If Bournemouth had beaten Arsenal they would be above Leeds now, so not all bad.

I found a link yesterday https://plusespntv.blogspot.com/2023/02/blog-post.html has anyone heard of it or even tried it, it shows many of the Premier League games and all for free, the definition was very good although I had to reload it a few times (15 seconds ish) it didn't spoil my viewing of the game.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

If Bournemouth had beaten Arsenal they would be above Leeds now, so not all bad.

I found a link yesterday https://plusespntv.blogspot.com/2023/02/blog-post.html has anyone heard of it or even tried it, it shows many of the Premier League games and all for free, the definition was very good although I had to reload it a few times (15 seconds ish) it didn't spoil my viewing of the game.

Thanks ME, I will definitely check that out. The site I use is good, but every now and again, there’ll be a game unavailable in English.

https://time4tv.stream/soccer-streams.php 

A few pop ups to deal with but stable connections and good res once you’re in. 

• Thanks 1

Although one more fixture remains, for our purposes Week 26 is done and dusted, with all LPS picks having already played. With Arsenal beating Everton and Forest drawing the same opposition, @Marble-eye has now extended his lead at the top of the rankings and is looking unstoppable. Can he keep it going? @Slacker77 could also move into second spot with a correct pick this week. Four players remain in for Week 27, with fixtures below. I'll go for Spurs this week (though I'll be absolutely delighted if they lose, truth be told).

* With Brentford, Southampton, Brighton and Crystal Palace playing twice, please indicate which fixture you want if you select one of these teams.

Week 27 fixtures, kick off 1230 Sat 11th March, UK time.

Sat.
Bournemouth v Liverpool
Everton v Brentford*
Leeds v Brighton*
Leicester v Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest
Crystal Palace* v Manchester City

Sun.
Fulham v Arsenal
Manchester United v Southampton*
West Ham v Aston Villa
Newcastle v Wolves

Wed.
Brighton* v Crystal Palace*
Southampton* v Brentford*

LPS 22.23 Week 27.xls

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 5:29 PM, Faz said:

I'll take a rain check this week if I may, same as other weeks.  🥱

I’ve run out of teams to pick from 😬 

( that’s my excuse for not playing )

• Haha 2

Just the two LPS games this week and with Liverpool's demise and Spurs' victory, the field of four is down to three. On we go to Week 28, with fixtures as follows. I'll go for Aston Villa this week.

Kick off 2000 UK time, Friday 17th March.

Nottingham Forest v Newcastle United
Aston Villa v Bournemouth
Brentford v Leicester City
Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leeds United
Chelsea v Everton
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

@Slacker77 and @spicy_girl to make selections

LPS 22.23 Week 28.xls

8 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Kick off 2000 UK time, Friday 17th March.

Chelsea v Everton
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

@Slacker77 and @spicy_girl to make selections

That throws up an interesting scenario @BigHewer

According to the XL sheet @spicy_girl only has 3 picks left, 2 of whom aren't playing, so her only selection, and fortunately a good choice IMO, is Arsenal.
What would happen though if, with only 2/3 picks left, non were playing that particular week.
Could you pick any as a bye and get 1 point?

I'm just excogitating how I may get 1 point to add to my record tally 🤔

14 hours ago, Faz said:

According to the XL sheet @spicy_girl only has 3 picks left, 2 of whom aren't playing, so her only selection, and fortunately a good choice IMO, is Arsenal.
What would happen though if, with only 2/3 picks left, non were playing that particular week.
Could you pick any as a bye and get 1 point?

I'm just excogitating how I may get 1 point to add to my record tally 🤔

23 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Chelsea v Everton
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

@spicy_girl has two out of three teams playing, but I get your point. If you go back to page 1 of the thread:

"5. After a team is selected, you must select all of the other teams before selecting the same team again. If none of your available teams are playing in a given game week, you may select a team for a second time, and that team will then be unavailable in future weeks."

If SG didn't have any teams playing, she could pick any of her other teams a second time. That team would then be unavailable for selection thereafter.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Gl all 3 😆

Yes good luck to all, and in no particular order, Spicey Girl, Slacker and last but least Big Hewer. OK I lied, in that order. 😂😂😂😂⚽

• Haha 3

Week 28 done and dusted, and it's a case of "as you were" in LPS, with all three players going through to week 29, which has a mammoth 16 fixtures to pick from. I'll go for Leeds this time to knock off Forest in the mid-week game.

Calling on @spicy_girl and @Slacker77 to make selections. Who's going to blink first? Can anyone catch @Marble-eye?

Week 29. Kick off Sat 1st April @1230 UK time.
Manchester City v Liverpool* (Saturday)
Arsenal v Leeds*
Bournemouth* v Fulham
Brighton* v Brentford*
Crystal Palace v Leicester*
Nottingham Forest* v Wolves
Chelsea* v Aston Villa*
West Ham* v Southampton (Sunday)
Newcastle* v Man Utd*
Everton v Spurs (Monday)
Bournemouth* v Brighton* (Tuesday)
Leeds* v Nottingham Forest*
Leicester* v Aston Villa*
Chelsea* v Liverpool*
Man Utd* v Brentford* (Wednesday)
West Ham* v Newcastle*

* With most teams playing twice, please indicate the fixture if selecting a team with an asterisk.

LPS 22.23 Week 29.xls

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Come on guys, and gals, others want to play too 🙁

I've been trying to play for weeks, but to no avail.

Same result every pick.

• Haha 3

On 3/20/2023 at 10:33 AM, BigHewer said:

Leeds* v Nottingham Forest*

I have 2 teams left, Leeds please next round then Manchester City after that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1