English Premier League Last Person Standing 2022/23

BigHewer

LPS is back, folks. This game is easy to play. For each game week of fixtures, pick any team you think will win. If you are correct, you progress to the next week. Wrong, and you're out. You can't pick the same team twice until you've picked all of the other teams (you can't pick Manchester City every week).
2 points for a win and 5 points for the Last Person Standing.

If you'd like to play, simply pick one winner from the Game Week 1 fixtures below, and you'll be added to the competition excel, which will be posted later.

Crystal Palace v Arsenal
Fulham v Liverpool
Bournemouth v Aston Villa
Leeds v Wolves
Newcastle v Notts Forrest
Spurs v Southampton
Everton v Chelsea
Leicester v Brentford
Man Utd v Brighton
West Ham v Man City

Rules:
1. A correct selection earns two points. Last Person Standing earns a bonus five points.
2. If there is no last person standing, no bonus will be awarded and all players will re-enter the following game week.
3. You cannot change your selection after first submission.
4. If your selected team's match is postponed after your selection, you earn one point and progress to the next round. You cannot select a team after its match has already been postponed.  
5. After a team is selected, you must select all of the other teams before selecting the same team again. If none of your available teams are playing in a given game week, you may select a team for a second time, and that team will then be unavailable in future weeks.
6. Predictions to be submitted no later than 1 hour before the first game kick off time. Failure to submit your prediction in time will result in a ‘default’ selection of the first team available alphabetically. Members who fail to submit predictions for 5 consecutive weeks will be eliminated from the game for the remainder of the season.
7. Members can join the game after the first round, however with a reduced pool of teams to choose from. If a player joins in game week 2, the most picked team in game week 1 will not be available for selection. If a player joins in game week 3, the two most picked teams in game weeks 1 and 2 will not be available for selection. In the event of two teams being picked the same number of times, the team that comes first alphabetically shall be removed. And so on.

I'll post the first excel spreadsheet ahead of kick-off on Friday. After each game week, I'll post a score update as well.

Will defending champ @Marble-eye take the crown again this season? Or will we see a new winner? 

Good luck everyone.

BigHewer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Need to get my eye on first so I'll go for Tottenham please BH.

Locked in for Tottenham, Marble-Eye 👍🏻 
(cue the flood of Spurs picks. Everyone was no doubt waiting for the defending champion to commit 😏)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry Big H.....dragging my heals   -  I am in.

Leicester for the first game.

(I hope Forest nick a draw at St James'😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Leicester for the first game.

3 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Chelsea for me please Hewer san .

2 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

alright i will pick Leeds first round .

All noted gents, many thanks 👍🏻

Game week 1 done and dusted and four players left in and three out (of course @Marble-eye is one of the four still in). The first game kicks off at 12:30pm UK time on Saturday, August 13th.

Game week 2 fixtures as follows:

Aston Villa Palace v Everton
Wolves v Fulham
Southampton v Leeds
Man City v Bournemouth
Brighton v Newcastle
Arsenal v Leicester
Brentford v Manchester United
Nottm Forest v West Ham
Chelsea v Tottenham
Liverpool v Crystal Palace

I'll go for Southampton in the second week. Picks from @Slacker77, @Marble-eye, @DwizzleyMatthews still to come.

LPS 22.23 Week 1.xls

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Liverpool for me please 🙏 

On 8/8/2022 at 10:39 AM, Marble-eye said:

Arsenal please BH.⚽

21 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

Good morning guys,

i go for Man C  this week

Many thanks gents, all entries in. My Southampton pick suddenly doesn't seem like such a smart idea.

Pre-game week 2 excel attached. Good luck to all!

LPS 22.23 Week 2.xls

• Like 3

With both Liverpool and their academy side Southampton drawing this weekend, only two players remain in the game until we have our first winner. 

LPS 22.23 Week 2.xls

@Slacker77and 'that man' @Marble-eye will battle it out for 'Last Person Standing'.

Game week 3 fixtures:

Tottenham v Wolves
Crystal Palace v Villa
Everton v Nottm Forest
Fulham v Brentford
Leicester v Southampton
Bournemouth v Arsenal
Leeds v Chelsea
West Ham v Brighton
Newcastle v Man City
Manchester United v Liverpool

Good luck, gents!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

With both Liverpool and their academy side Southampton drawing this weekend, only two players remain in the game until we have our first winner. 

In all honesty I too was going to chose Liverpool but I noticed that fellow LUFC supporter Dwizzley had just beaten me to it,  so decided to change to Arsenal. 

So that's a pint of Tetleys I owe @DwizzleyMatthews😜⚽.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

In all honesty I too was going to chose Liverpool but I noticed that fellow LUFC supporter Dwizzley had just beaten me to it,  so decided to change to Arsenal. 

So that's a pint of Tetleys I owe @DwizzleyMatthews😜⚽.

With pork scratchings too I hope ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1