English Premier League Last Person Standing 2022/23

BigHewer

Week 14 is behind us, and following Brentford's loss, we are down to four members left in for Week 15. With Diego Costa suspended for three games after his red card, I think now is a good time to pick Wolves. Fixtures as follows:

Leeds United v Bournemouth
Manchester City v Fulham
Nottingham Forest v Brentford
Wolves v Brighton
Everton v Leicester City
Chelsea v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Manchester United
Southampton v Newcastle United
West Ham United v Crystal Palace
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

@Chaimai @Marble-eye @DwizzleyMatthews to submit selections this week.

LPS 22.23 Week 15.xls

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Week 14 is behind us, and following Brentford's loss, we are down to four members left in for Week 15. With Diego Costa suspended for three games after his red card, I think now is a good time to pick Wolves. Fixtures as follows:

Leeds United v Bournemouth
Manchester City v Fulham
Nottingham Forest v Brentford
Wolves v Brighton
Everton v Leicester City
Chelsea v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Manchester United
Southampton v Newcastle United
West Ham United v Crystal Palace
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

@Chaimai @Marble-eye @DwizzleyMatthews to submit selections this week.

LPS 22.23 Week 15.xls 13 kB · 0 downloads

West Ham please @BigHewer⚽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All selections now in for Week 15, and the LPS teams in action are Man City, Wolves and Everton on Saturday, followed by West Ham on Sunday.

@DwizzleyMatthews pulling out the big guns in selecting the Sky Blues. Meanwhile, the Hammers and Everton have an unblemished LPS record so far and look to be solid picks. Wolves, not so much. How many will progress to Week 16? Good luck to all players.

LPS 22.23 Week 15.xls

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

All selections now in for Week 15, and the LPS teams in action are Man City, Wolves and Everton on Saturday, followed by West Ham on Sunday.

@DwizzleyMatthews pulling out the big guns in selecting the Sky Blues. Meanwhile, the Hammers and Everton have an unblemished LPS record so far and look to be solid picks. Wolves, not so much. How many will progress to Week 16? Good luck to all players.

LPS 22.23 Week 15.xls 13 kB · 0 downloads

As much as I want Fulham to do well i think Man C on their home turf is a little above them yet .

I would have picked The Peacocks as they have now turned the corner and will be shooting up the table but alas I used them before they found their true form 😳

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 7:06 AM, BigHewer said:

LPS 22.23 Week 15.xls 13 kB · 1 download

@BigHewer: How many will progress to Week 16? Do you want me to answer that  🤑

I feel the panting in the back of my neck now !

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Slacker77 said:

@BigHewer: How many will progress to Week 16? Do you want me to answer that  🤑

I feel the panting in the back of my neck now !

With @Marble-eyeon the Irons, might be time to break out your Palace jersey, if you have one.

• Like 2

Game Week 15 is now done and dusted and congratulations to @DwizzleyMatthews, who is the last person standing and earns a seven-point haul for the only correct pick this weekend 🥳 ⚽🎉. Just the right time to pull out the Manchester City trump card. @Slacker77 still leads the way, with the chasing pack not far behind. 

Game Week 16 is here, the last before the World Cup later this month. All players are now back in the game, and the LPS excel sheet looks like the food offerings at a 99 baht buffet in one of those giant open air restaurants up country. There's a delicious red curry (Arsenal) that everyone has enjoyed and is almost all gone. In contrast, the fried morning glory with chili and mushroom (Bournemouth) and looking a bit dry and nobody wants to touch it.  Was the same tray there yesterday? The kimchee-infused cockerel wings (Tottenham) are as popular as ever, and everyone seems to have enjoyed the kanom chan dok anchan (Chelsea), despite a change of chef halfway through dinner service. A couple of diners have commented positively on the tray of fried insects (Aston Villa), but most other patrons are skeptical. The tom yung goong (Nottingham Forest) has been disappointing, especially considering how much was spent on the ingredients. The restaurant has received numerous complaints about the pork curry (Wolverhampton Wanderers) and the Danish pudding (Brentford) and word about this seems to have spread throughout the restaurant. The massaman curry (Manchester United) used to be the most popular dish, but some bits of it are dodgy and you have to be careful what you scoop out. There are some nice salads (Newcastle United and Liverpool), but both have coriander in them and opinion is divided. Finally, be careful of the white rice, too (Leeds United). It was cooked at different times, and there is no way of knowing which batch you'll get.

I might try the cockerel wings (Spurs) on this trip to the buffet. Bon appetit everyone and good luck!

LPS 22.23 Week 15.xls

@Marble-eye @Faz @Chaimai @Slacker77 @spicy_girl

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Game Week 15 is now done and dusted and congratulations to @DwizzleyMatthews, who is the last person standing and earns a seven-point haul for the only correct pick this weekend 🥳 ⚽🎉. Just the right time to pull out the Manchester City trump card. @Slacker77 still leads the way, with the chasing pack not far behind. 

What! Wait!

Have I misunderstood?
I was under the assumption I was leading the way with the Lowest Points Score.

Now I understand, for week 16, I'll pick Crystal Palace for 2 points please 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm afraid all the teams I have got left to choose are all duck eggs, so on FFFF I've chosen Bournemouth Vs Everton as a 1-1 draw, so because Bournemouth is alphabetically before Everton, I will chose Bournemouth.

So Bournemouth it is please @BigHewer⚽🥴

• Like 2

Addendum: Week 16's "buffet menu".

Manchester City v Brentford
Bournemouth v Everton
Liverpool v Southampton
Nottingham Forest v Crystal Palace
Tottenham Hotspur v Leeds United
West Ham United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Chelsea
Wolves v Arsenal
Brighton v Aston Villa
Fulham v Manchester United

3 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

After this round this coming weekend , when will PL start again after WC ?

Dec 26th will see the Premier League fixtures restart.

• Like 1

All selections now in for Week 16, and a real mixed bag this time, with six LPS teams in action on Saturday evening Thai time: Spurs, Brighton, Bournemouth, West Ham and the "LPS Match of the Day" - Forest vs Palace - which sees @spicy_girl go head to head with @Faz and @Slacker77.

Who's going to make it to the World Cup break? Good luck to all players ⚽

LPS 22.23 Week 16.xls

• Like 2

wow wow, Nottingham knocked out spurs in the cup and on Saturday they play at home against Crystal p, im nervous now when i decided to gofor Crystal this round 

btw ,which nickname is right for C.P ,,  The Glaziers or The Eagles ?