News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia relents, Ukraine offers concessions at Turkey peace talks; Amnesty decries Russian war crimes

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

I am ready to apologize to each here who cannot read.

So ..Do you have evidence that Russia invads more than the United States the number of countries?

It obvious that it is you that cannot read because this thread is entitled: News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia relents, Ukraine offers concessions at Turkey peace talks; Amnesty decries Russian war crimes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Putin needs to take all of Ukraine to not only save face but to set up his attack on NATO

why would Putin attack NATO and why can't he do it without seizing Ukraine? given that Putin has weapons capable of attacking NATO facilities from afar with a high probability of breaking through defense systems.  

Putin, of course, is far from being an intellectual genius, but there is no reason to consider him a complete idiot.  It seems to me that there are much more stupid leaders of countries in the world.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

The thing that can protect Ukraine from further Russian military aggression is Zelenskyy’s stated goal of Russia agreeing to allow foreign troops into Ukraine for “military exercises”. If he gets that then an attack on Ukraine risks being viewed as an attack on foreign (NATO) troops with consequences. I simply don’t believe the “poorly trained, equipped, supplied, demoralized, barely old enough to shave etc” portrayal of Russian troops. If they are as bad as claimed then they are doing a pretty good job against the >insert superlatives here> soldiers of Ukraine.  

So tell us Fanta why a supposed superpower like Russia with supposed up to date weaponry has used Cluster munitions and Hypersonic Missiles in built up residential areas ??. I asked Comrade Karl but he refused to respond and used deflection tactics, so I will ask again if Russian forces are superior why have they destroyed 90% of Mariupol and why have they failed to take Kyev and other big city's.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, butterfly said:

I don't think it makes any sense to engage your valid arguments with certain posters who are completing blind to their own bias, and choose to be intellectually dishonest rather than facing disturbing facts about wars.

I remember the last time you had a playground discussion about other members between yourselves, it didn't go very well for you did it.

Best address the posters direct than talk behind their backs as per forum rules!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

It seems to me that there are much more stupid leaders of countries in the world.

indeed, the US has had quite a few, and the latest one is borderline senile, a dangerous combination for a disaster waiting to happen. Like Trump, he can't stop making stupid claims, only to have the WH press bureau "rewording" afterward what he meant 🤫

Putin is going to lose patience with that fool if he keeps saying stupid things,

you have to wonder, where are the adults 🤣

2 hours ago, Fester said:

How soon we forget that we are discussing an invasion today! An invasion that is different because it was unprovoked by initial Ukrainian military action in another country. Adult behaviour was required of Putin, who started this. I don't think that Zelensky is trying to be a hero but he knows, like millions of his fighting countrymen, if they don't fight now then there probably won't be another chance.

Vercingetorix surrendered himself to the Romans only to receive a complementary strangling 5 years later. His soldiers were killed or enslaved and Gaul was occupied by the Romans for 500 years after that. Maybe Zelensky read the whole story and didn't skip the scary bits? 

In short-term history, Russia's actions provoked by military operation of Ukraine in the Donbas in 2014 against pro-Russian citizens. But there are, of course, deeper historical backgrounds.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

In short-term history, Russia's actions provoked by military operation of Ukraine in the Donbas in 2014 against pro-Russian citizens. But there are, of course, deeper historical backgrounds.

Comon go to the Ukraine and tell this nonsense there. Even the so called Ukraines with Russian ethnic backrounds go after the Russian Army. These citizens will tell you if you come on Ukraine soil that you end up as fertilizer. You will not find one all over the Ukraine who will share your nonsense or want any Russian on Ukraine soil. Thats the truth you guys cannot handle with. 

• Like 2

A number of bickering off-topic posts have been removed.  You know who you are and any continence will be met with sanctions ... 1st I'll take your superyacht ...

Seriously guys, debate without rancour, please.

• Like 1

How can you sit down and discuss peace negotiations with a proven liar like Putin, Zelensky to Putin why have you amassed troops on my Border errr it's a war game, why did you drop a bomb on my theatre knowing hundreds were sheltering below it err we never, why have you targeted hospitals errr I never, why have you targeted civilians in built-up areas err I haven't, why have you targeted food warehouses Err they were military targets the lies go on and on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, vlad said:

So tell us Fanta why a supposed superpower like Russia with supposed up to date weaponry has used Cluster munitions and Hypersonic Missiles in built up residential areas ??. I asked Comrade Karl but he refused to respond and used deflection tactics, so I will ask again if Russian forces are superior why have they destroyed 90% of Mariupol and why have they failed to take Kyev and other big city's.

You are confused. Hypersonic missiles used twice to destroy a fuel depot and an ammo dump. Rationale for using them is below.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/what-are-hypersonic-missiles-and-why-is-russia-using-them-kinzhal-ukraine

There are no reports of cluster munitions being used against Russian troops but that means little. All is fair in love and war? 

“Over 100 countries are part of an international treaty which bans the making or use of these weapons, but Russia and Ukraine are not signed up and both have cluster munitions.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/60591017

Cluster bombs in Mariupol? Where are the Ukrainian armed forces defending Mariupol? In built up residential areas in the city perhaps? War is not a game of peek a boo. It is a lethal game of hide and seek. Maybe you should ask Zelenskyy why he didn’t evacuate all of his citizens out of a known potential war zone in advance. The new human corridor is open but only a few thousand have chosen to leave. Couldn’t your question also be “if the Ukrainian forces are equal to the Russians or better,  and the Ukrainians knew well in advance that the Russians were coming then how did the Russians get so close to these cities?”Thanks to US Intelligence there was no definitely no element of surprise and time to build a defensive perimeter. Months of time.  Putin claims the Russian forces are withdrawing from Kyiv as a sign of goodwill in the peace talks. Or is his army getting trounced? Who knows? I’ve answered your questions. Here’s one back that has been asked but no-one wants to answer - If Putin, who controls the skies, and is hell bent on killing civilians why hasn’t he carpet bombed Ukrainian cities? 

• Like 1

Sum's up the ignorance of the Russian generals by allowing his ground forces to enter a Radiated area on Chernobyl, now having to leave due to them being exposed to high levels of Radiation, and commanders having to use Cell phones giving away their positions lol Amateurs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Transam said:

Why don't you stop supporting an invader, can you answer that....?

Sigh..  I do not support the invader. I discuss and debate. And why the constant accusations of supporting the bad guys when claims are challenged or refuted? And how did you get out of that nice room? ;-)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fanta said:

You are confused. Hypersonic missiles used twice to destroy a fuel depot and an ammo dump. Rationale for using them is below.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/20/what-are-hypersonic-missiles-and-why-is-russia-using-them-kinzhal-ukraine

There are no reports of cluster munitions being used against Russian troops but that means little. All is fair in love and war? 

“Over 100 countries are part of an international treaty which bans the making or use of these weapons, but Russia and Ukraine are not signed up and both have cluster munitions.”

Cluster bombs in Mariupol? Where are the Ukrainian armed forces defending Mariupol? In built up residential areas in the city perhaps? War is not a game of peek a boo. It is a lethal game of hide and seek. Maybe you should ask Zelenskyy why he didn’t evacuate all of his citizens out of a known potential war zone in advance. The new human corridor is open but only a few thousand have chosen to leave. Couldn’t your question also be “if the Ukrainian forces are equal to the Russians or better,  and the Ukrainians knew well in advance that the Russians were coming then how did the Russians get so close to these cities?”Thanks to US Intelligence there was no definitely no element of surprise and time to build a defensive perimeter. Months of time.  Putin claims the Russian forces are withdrawing from Kyiv as a sign of goodwill in the peace talks. Or is his army getting trounced? Who knows? I’ve answered your questions. Here’s one back that has been asked but no-one wants to answer - If Putin, who controls the skies, and is hell bent on killing civilians why hasn’t he carpet bombed Ukrainian cities? 

Just answer the question Fanta, were cluster bombs dropped on a residential block of flats yes or no ? no need for a long drawn out answer yes or no will do Fanta.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Convert54 said:

Why is it that there is this fundamentalist addiction to a singular mistakenly contrived msm  presentation of a potentially  obliterative potential ? Has the brain dead majority so massively buried any  possible concept of perception, interpretation, consideration, cognition, and never mind alternative conclusions that anything other than  fundamentalist adulation and conformist defense is actually valid ? George Bush the  junior presented via script the suggestion that in terms of US  foreign policy v the Iraq deception for war was a matter of  "Be with us or if not  you will  be against us ". Forget not that the premise of that  invasion was and has been undeniably proven false. But not without purpose ! Not then or now by all involved in current conflict !

Collateral damage for warmongers is simply a factor of disputable  incidence rather than any  measure of success  beyond accusation/ counter accusation of "atrocity" whereas the premise of Putin's attack is deemed "illegal". Would it be considered  not  illegal if Putin had  declared "war"  instead of the  ill defined "special operation" ? Perhaps Putin  was applying more than a little ironic reference backed with internationally established precedent ?

Sycophantic adherence to and adulation of a singular philosophy that is constructed to completely deny even the potential for considered and meaningful mass arbitration for  genuine social and humanitarian  interest. 

IMO the irony of the situation is that as a proxy world war ( which I sincerely believe it is !)  the social(ist) elements of human existence are being manipulated into conflict while at the same moment the aims of end intent in eventual culmination will continue the devolution of "civilization" desired by  both sides in the  contest.

The initial  winners  eventually are likely  to be cockroaches closely followed by fungal blankets !

Looks like only your fellow Putin acolytes here bothered to read and admire this unintelligible gibberish. Skimmed this nonsense to conclude it’s a Marxism diatribe of some sort found on discarded pamphlets…..☹️😫 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

1st I'll take your superyacht ...

no, please, not my superyacht 🤣

38 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Because he still doesn't control the skies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

Did you ever watched the Russian tactic in Syria or Grosny. It is always the same bombing hospitals, kindergarten, schools, cluster bombs on civilians. No change here. Tactic of these Russian animals and monsters is to terrorize the civilians as they did in other countries. These footages we could see in Syria, Grosny and we can see it in Ukraine now.

No, I haven't personally seen it. and you? but it seems to me that the buildings with the enemy military stationed there were bombed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, vlad said:

Just answer the question Fanta, were cluster bombs dropped on a residential block of flats yes or no ? no need for a long drawn out answer yes or no will do Fanta.

Yes vlad. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Deflecting again.

in response to a report on the death toll in Georgia. why don't you point out this deviation?

Comon go to the Ukraine and tell this nonsense there. Even the so called Ukraines with Russian ethnic backrounds go after the Russian Army. These citizens will tell you if you come on Ukraine soil that you end up as fertilizer. You will not find one all over the Ukraine who will share your nonsense or want any Russian on Ukraine soil. Thats the truth you guys cannot handle with. 

If so, then why is there no guerrilla war in the Russian-controlled territories - Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, Zaporozhye?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

they actually carpet bomb the whole place, not the case in Ukraine. Let's hope it doesn't become that way.

Well as I knew a bit about Ukraine more than 5 weeks ago, I can tell you that Ukraine is the largest country in Europe, apart from the western part of Russia. I don't think Russia has enough bombs to carpet all 600,000 km2 of it. 

From several accounts, 60% of whatever they fire, slingshot or drop, doesn't explode anyway. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

If so, then why is there no guerrilla war in the Russian-controlled territories - Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, Zaporozhye?

How would you know there are no guerilla activities, have you read so in Pravda?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

I think you must mean Russia's actions provoked Ukrainian military reaction in the Donbas in 2014, after Russia inserted irregular fighters, regular troops and other military support, to weaponize what had been a peaceful protest against the new Ukrainian government and cause much worse destabilization in the area.

All about the same time Russia pinched the Crimea and MH lost their 777 with all souls. Putin is responsible for so many deaths now. Shame.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fester said:

Because he still doesn't control the skies.

every day he destroys Ukrainian barracks, fuel depots and accumulations of military equipment.  The activity in the sky of the Ukrainian army is an order of magnitude lower.  Okay, that's not your air control.  But Russia has all the means of remote bombing of cities - MLRS, artillery.  Why not use?

• Like 1