News Forum - UKRAINE UPDATES: Russia relents, Ukraine offers concessions at Turkey peace talks; Amnesty decries Russian war crimes

Thaiger

30 minutes ago, Fester said:

Well as I knew a bit about Ukraine more than 5 weeks ago, I can tell you that Ukraine is the largest country in Europe, apart from the western part of Russia. I don't think Russia has enough bombs to carpet all 600,000 km2 of it. 

From several accounts, 60% of whatever they fire, slingshot or drop, doesn't explode anyway. 

10 largest cities are enough and it will destroy half the population.

send 2 times more missiles to compensate for failures.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

10 largest cities are enough and it will destroy half the population.

send 2 times more missiles to compensate for failures.

Got your tactics all worked out then Vlad? 

40 minutes ago, Fester said:

From several accounts, 60% of whatever they fire, slingshot or drop, doesn't explode anyway. 

yes, war weapons tend to be unreliable, thank god for that I guess

still they could carpet bomb all the major cities several times to be sure, and then have the tanks roll-in

sounds much easier, and it worked in Syria against the Islamic State

9 minutes ago, Fester said:

I think the point he was making was that it was possible, not supporting the idea

can't have it both ways, can we?

just saying 🤗

Edited by butterfly
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Fanta said:

You have this backwards. I said China is #1 trading partner for Russia, not Russia is #1 for China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_largest_trading_partners_of_Russia

Yes, but you got your economics wrong.

What is important for China is what matters.

And trade with US and EU is more important for China than with Russia. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, butterfly said:

still they could carpet bomb all the major cities several times to be sure, and then have the tanks roll-in

Sounds great! Better get on the Vladphone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

in response to a report on the death toll in Georgia. why don't you point out this deviation?

were not interested in other Country's were interested in Ukraine. If you cant stay on topic time to move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

every day he destroys Ukrainian barracks, fuel depots and accumulations of military equipment.  The activity in the sky of the Ukrainian army is an order of magnitude lower.  Okay, that's not your air control.  But Russia has all the means of remote bombing of cities - MLRS, artillery.  Why not use?

You have just answered your own reason for killing civilians Comrade as you say " Remotly bombing City's " well done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

If so, then why is there no guerrilla war in the Russian-controlled territories - Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, Zaporozhye?

Don’t Care. Death to Russian Invaders & All Traitors to Ukraine. LEAVE for Mother Russia if not wanting to live on Ukrainian Land under Ukrainian Govt. 
Right to Separate comes from Constitution ( UK Only so far) or Might of Invader ( how will that play out at end?). Yea 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Yes, but you got your economics wrong.

What is important for China is what matters.

And trade with US and EU is more important for China than with Russia. 

Actions speak louder than words. 

“Has China cut off exports to Russia? No. Has China cut off Russian imports? No.
Has China frozen Russian funds? N
o.

Has China seized Russian assets? No.

Has China condemned the war? No

Has China implemented sanctions? No. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, butterfly said:

Europeans don’t run away from a fight, nor abandon their old, women & kids, unlike Cowardly Arab Men fleeing Europe…..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fanta said:

“Has China cut off exports to Russia? No. Has China cut off Russian imports? No.
o.

Has China Taken ANY Action to Violate Western Sanctions : NO

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

in Kherson, you can temporarily withdraw troops and drop a bomb there. What is the problem?

You’re kidding right? 

The reason Russia is crushing cities is to drive out the citizens and make taking the city easier. That way when Russian troops attack they can assume anyone left is a combatant. It allows them to automatically shoot on sight anyone they see.  Since they already own Kherson there is no need to destroy it. I can’t believe I need to expand this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

in Ukraine, a similar situation - Zelensky banned the departure of men of military age, but they are trying to do this in different ways.

Different way and different reason. Russia is doing it to conquer a sovereign nation. Ukraine is doing it to defend their homes and families. It’s why young Russians are leaving the country prior to being drafted, and Ukrainian men are returning from outside the country in order to fight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vlad said:

were not interested in other Country's were interested in Ukraine. If you cant stay on topic time to move on.

comparing wars is inevitable in a discussion about wars, they have too much in common and help us understand what's going on and where they lead to

if you can't see that, maybe you should stop discussing the war in Ukraine

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

unlike Cowardly Arab Men fleeing Europe…..

that sounds a bit racist from someone so concerned about everyone,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fester said:

if Russia's goal was indeed to destroy civilians and civilian infrastructure, then this would be an effective tactic.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Different way and different reason. Russia is doing it to conquer a sovereign nation. Ukraine is doing it to defend their homes and families. It’s why young Russians are leaving the country prior to being drafted, and Ukrainian men are returning from outside the country in order to fight. 

indeed, opposite views, and there is also the duty to defend your country

but when you have no resources, and you know the war is lost, and the battles are expensive in civilians casualties, there is nothing dishonorable to surrender and find a peace deal where all parties are satisfied.

it's actually more courageous,

Edited by butterfly
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Don’t Care. Death to Russian Invaders & All Traitors to Ukraine. LEAVE for Mother Russia if not wanting to live on Ukrainian Land under Ukrainian Govt. 
Right to Separate comes from Constitution ( UK Only so far) or Might of Invader ( how will that play out at end?). Yea 

the inhabitants of Donbass left the Ukrainian authorities along with their land. You have the ability to stop them.

UK has no constitution, my militant chauvinist.

Edited by KRLMRX
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

You’re kidding right? 

The reason Russia is crushing cities is to drive out the citizens and make taking the city easier. That way when Russian troops attack they can assume anyone left is a combatant. It allows them to automatically shoot on sight anyone they see.  Since they already own Kherson there is no need to destroy it. I can’t believe I need to expand this. 

this is what I'm talking about.  

destruction in cities where there are active hostilities.  that is, the death of civilians and the destruction of cities is a consequence of hostilities, and not a goal.

28 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

There is only one reason - unwillingness to die for the interests of business.  

there is no mass return of Ukrainians from abroad, these are your fantasies.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, butterfly said:

but when you have no resources, and you know the war is lost, and the battles are expensive in civilians casualties, there is nothing dishonorable to surrender and find a peace deal where all parties are satisfied.

it's actually more courageous,

I actually agree with you, which is why I’m surprised Putin hasn’t surrendered yet. Joking aside, Ukraine is flush with supplies sent from the West, and probably hasn’t integrated all the personal from its national call up into the army. We are talking millions of additional soldiers. Resources are not a problem for Ukraine. Russia on the other hand seems to be lacking at the present time. From the outside it seems like momentum at least is on the Ukrainian side. There is validity to your argument, but it applies to Russia more than Ukraine at least at the present time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

o.

We did this already and you made yourself look silly.

China is not supporting Russia. It is trying very hard to remain neutral but is using the opportunity to benefit itself.

There is no buying up of Russian bonds in order to support the ruble.

There is no supply of weapons.

There is no vote of support at the UN for Russia.

China is not going to help Czar Putin because it fears the sanctions which will follow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

this is what I'm talking about.  

destruction in cities where there are active hostilities.  that is, the death of civilians and the destruction of cities is a consequence of hostilities, and not a goal.

So countries should not resist an illegal invasion because people will get hurt?

Seriously?

• Like 3