News Forum - Russia attacks Ukraine from three fronts, explosions in major cities

Thaiger

23 hours ago, vlad said:

we have reporters im kiev and the other major city's being targeted but no reports have surfaced saying that 40 mile convoy has been attacked. The klitcskow's have just been interviewed by the beeb in kiev and they never mentioned it either ? if it had been arttacked it would have been reported on MSM like sky and the BBC.

Vlad. There is a reason that convoy is moving so slowly. It is constantly under attack from ambushes. No-one moves a 40 mile convoy in one packet. It would normally be split up into a dozen or more packets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Who is making those claims?

The Ukrainians or you guys setting up a straw man argument? It is genuinely to easy to see.

If this is the best the Kremlin has to offer its laughable.

Still the cheque will be in the post but given the collapse of Czar Putins economy it might not stretch too far this month. If it arrives at all.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Vlad. There is a reason that convoy is moving so slowly. It is constantly under attack from ambushes. No-one moves a 40 mile convoy in one packet. It would normally be split up into a dozen or more packets.

I think one of the problems Putin has created for himself is that he has exposed his supposedly formidable ground forces in action to close scrutiny and they look lacking in many respects.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

That is not a link to a reputable newspaper. That is in fact a link to a fake site.

For the first time ever I am actually going to report a post.

Congratulations.

Already done it Rookie is very familiar to a thread now-defunct. Especially using big bold lettering.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaidup said:

What post?

The one which highlights how many extremist right wing groups are involved in the DRP and LRP.

You must remember.

You have been trying your best to avoid it all night.

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Pure deflection.

Which is the last refuge for anyone who knows their argument is utterly destroyed.

Respond to my post with a meaningful counter argument. Or simply look silly. 

Does he sound familiar Rookie ??

Just now, vlad said:

Does he sound familiar Rookie ??

Not really Vlad. He could be any one of the unhinged who post on here.

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The one which highlights how many extremist right wing groups are involved in the DRP and LRP.

You must remember.

You have been trying your best to avoid it all night.

Just copy and paste it.i don't know what you are talking about. (thumbs up emoji)

2 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Just copy and paste it.i don't know what you are talking about. (thumbs up emoji)

But you are presenting an alternative reality with your posts.

You continue with this theme of Putins invasion as somehow being against nazis yet both the President and the Prime Minister of the Ukraine are both Jewish.

Let me demonstrate who are the nazis in this conflict.

Russian ethnic and imperialist nationalism has shaped the official ideology of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics. Members of far-right groups played a greater role on the pro-Russian side of the conflict than on the Ukrainian side, especially at the beginning. Leaders of the Donetsk People's Republic are closely linked to the neo-Nazi party Russian National Unity (RNU) led by Alexander Barkashov, which recruits fighters. A member of RNU, Pavel Gubarev, was the first "governor" of the Donetsk People's Republic. In particular, RNU is linked to the Russian Orthodox Army, a separatist group in Donbas, and Barkashov is said to have given instructions to its commander Dmitry Boytsov according to a published audio recording.

Volunteers from several other Russian far-right groups have joined the separatist militias, including members of the Eurasian Youth Union, the Russian Imperial Movement, and the banned Slavic Union and Movement Against Illegal Immigration.

Other neo-Nazi groups fighting as part of the Donetsk People's Republic include the 'Svarozhich', 'Rusich' and 'Ratibor' battalions, which have Slavic swastikas on their badges.

Activists from the Nazbol group Other Russia have also been involved in pro-Russian unrest in Donbas, and formed the Interbrigades paramilitary group.

In July 2015, the head of the Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, said he respected Ukraine's far-right party Right Sector "when they beat up the gays in Kyiv and when they tried to depose Poroshenko. I realized that Pravy Sector are ordinary men like us".

And lets not mention Putins attack on the Holocaust memorial.

It was literally the post you responded too.

Kremlin paying you way too much if this is you attention span.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

You actually admit to looking at that website?  Worse still.  You believed it!

I work on memory, unfortunately i can remember that 60 minutes interview,the website I linked was simply the first one. Before you make any inferences about the "unfortunately" < that is referring to my own age. 🙂

1 minute ago, Thaidup said:

I work on memory, unfortunately i can remember that 60 minutes interview,the website I linked was simply the first one. Before you make any inferences about the "unfortunately" < that is referring to my own age. 🙂

I understand. You cant remember a post from the previous page which you responded to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thaidup said:

It's called corsacoffs. LOL,😆

You might want to google the spelling of that if its a condition you wish to claim you have.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

You might want to google the spelling of that if its a condition you wish to claim you have.

You tried googling it didn't you Rookie?😆 It's just an old saying from back in 1980's Sydney. Although the my spelling may be a hint.

29 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

You tried googling it didn't you Rookie?😆 It's just an old saying from back in 1980's Sydney. Although the my spelling may be a hint.

So is the monkey's fist. 🐵 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

You actually admit to looking at that website?  Worse still.  You believed it!

I noticed that you have been conspicuously quiet after I posted the 60 minutes clip, Why? are 60 minutes one of the "You actually admit to looking at that website" and you believe it now, but not if another website quotes it? This is a good example of how the modern media is manipulating our younger generation, because they don't have the depth of experience of the lies that have been told in the past in previous conflicts and has come out in congressional inquiries,

I will put it to you Changnam43 that you sir just took it for granted that the website I linked to was unreliable because the bubble that you get your news from told you so, without ever going to check first?

Topic temporarily locked for review.

Numerous reports have been received for posts on this topic, which will be reviewed and assessed, but not at 2330 Thai time.

• Like 1

Members,

Too many posts are being seen that are trying to drag the conversation off topic or are either poorly supported or not supported. This has resulted in the Moderators being forced to clean up major parts of the thread not meeting the Forum Guidelines. That is not appreciated.

This topic is too important to seek scoring points from unassociated items and misleading commentary or materials.

A repeat will not be tolerated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

But you are presenting an alternative reality with your posts.

You continue with this theme of Putins invasion as somehow being against nazis yet both the President and the Prime Minister of the Ukraine are both Jewish.

Let me demonstrate who are the nazis in this conflict.

Russian ethnic and imperialist nationalism has shaped the official ideology of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics. Members of far-right groups played a greater role on the pro-Russian side of the conflict than on the Ukrainian side, especially at the beginning. Leaders of the Donetsk People's Republic are closely linked to the neo-Nazi party Russian National Unity (RNU) led by Alexander Barkashov, which recruits fighters. A member of RNU, Pavel Gubarev, was the first "governor" of the Donetsk People's Republic. In particular, RNU is linked to the Russian Orthodox Army, a separatist group in Donbas, and Barkashov is said to have given instructions to its commander Dmitry Boytsov according to a published audio recording.

Volunteers from several other Russian far-right groups have joined the separatist militias, including members of the Eurasian Youth Union, the Russian Imperial Movement, and the banned Slavic Union and Movement Against Illegal Immigration.

Other neo-Nazi groups fighting as part of the Donetsk People's Republic include the 'Svarozhich', 'Rusich' and 'Ratibor' battalions, which have Slavic swastikas on their badges.

Activists from the Nazbol group Other Russia have also been involved in pro-Russian unrest in Donbas, and formed the Interbrigades paramilitary group.

In July 2015, the head of the Donetsk People's Republic, Alexander Zakharchenko, said he respected Ukraine's far-right party Right Sector "when they beat up the gays in Kyiv and when they tried to depose Poroshenko. I realized that Pravy Sector are ordinary men like us".

And lets not mention Putins attack on the Holocaust memorial.

It was literally the post you responded too.

Kremlin paying you way too much if this is you attention span.

I don't disagree with with much of what you write, but it  should be put in perspective. You can't spit in the Ukraine without hitting an anti-semite. The region where much of the fighting is occurring was historically included in region called the Pale of Settlement , and it is where jew people were sent by the various European and Russian  kingdoms and empires since the 1400's. It is the only region where they were allowed to live as  a community and it is the place where they were murdered and tossed out of whenever one of the local kings or Dukes needed money and would steal their property. Hatred to them is endemic in both the Ukraine and Russian communities of this region.

In respect to the Russian missile hitting Babyn Yar, I believe it was a targeting error. The intended target was the ministry building which sits adjacent to the memorial. Russian missile control not so good. It is nice for the Ukrainians to be upset over the missile strike but  their concern about it being holocaust memorial is insincere because they didn't show much concern when the place was desecrated previously, several times.

I am not defending Russia here, but the Ukrainians do have some very extreme right wing nationalist groups, as do the Russians, Together, they make for some very brutal barbaric thugs. The world acts surprised, but they have engaged in this savagery for centuries, the difference is that they usually targeted the local jew community or remnants of Ottoman Empire in Crimea.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Vigo said:

I don't disagree with with much of what you write, but it  should be put in perspective. You can't spit in the Ukraine without hitting an anti-semite. The region where much of the fighting is occurring was historically included in region called the Pale of Settlement , and it is where jew people were sent by the various European and Russian  kingdoms and empires since the 1400's. It is the only region where they were allowed to live as  a community and it is the place where they were murdered and tossed out of whenever one of the local kings or Dukes needed money and would steal their property. Hatred to them is endemic in both the Ukraine and Russian communities of this region.

In respect to the Russian missile hitting Babyn Yar, I believe it was a targeting error. The intended target was the ministry building which sits adjacent to the memorial. Russian missile control not so good. It is nice for the Ukrainians to be upset over the missile strike but  their concern about it being holocaust memorial is insincere because they didn't show much concern when the place was desecrated previously, several times.

I am not defending Russia here, but the Ukrainians do have some very extreme right wing nationalist groups, as do the Russians, Together, they make for some very brutal barbaric thugs. The world acts surprised, but they have engaged in this savagery for centuries, the difference is that they usually targeted the local jew community or remnants of Ottoman Empire in Crimea.

But you know the President of the Ukraine has jewish roots? To claim this government or him are anti semites is really not true or that he as a jew is an anti semit. Comon please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

But you know the President of the Ukraine has jewish roots? To claim this government or him are anti semites is really not true or that he as a jew is an anti semit. Comon please.

There are also far more Nazis (actually a higher rate of them) in Russia than in Ukraine. It's not without reason that Russia is a popular place to travel for Nazis around the world.

The whole "denazification" excuse is extremely dishonest, especially considering that Putin hangs out with actual Nazis himself.

• Like 3

An Estonian cargo ship was sunk today near Odesa, and a Turkish ship that was hit earlier in the week. The way maritime insurance works, as soon as warzone is declared (by the insurance companies) all existing insurance policies are null and void for that area. That declaration was today. What this means is there will be no shipping from the north half of the Black Sea unless they are Russian owned and flagged. No oil tankers, no grain ships, no nothing. No shipping company or owner is going to sail without insurance, certainly not in a war zone. A lot of Russian goods get shipped out of the Black Sea ... or did. 

• Like 1