News Forum - Russia attacks Ukraine from three fronts, explosions in major cities

Thaiger

59 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

I for one after spending a few hours honing my skills say on the Digital Combat Simulator and Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown feel like I am ready to pilot a real F-35 Lightning II and take off vertically from a swaying aircraft carrier. I'm sure piloting a Typhoon wouldn't be that hard.

You may well feel that way, but I doubt many fast jet jockeys would agree 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You may well feel that way, but I doubt many fast jet jockeys would agree 😂

Took that post only as a joke 🤣had to read it twice though as is quite convincing as a “ serious” opinion on first read 😉

45 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Comprehensive Daily Mail Online article yesterday on this with photos & video footage. No air cover for convoy?

Underestimated Ukrainian Military from first day. Probably no idea about those drones? 

Please supply links to any articles you reference.
Otherwise posts may be removed as indicated in my advice 4 posts previously.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Comprehensive Daily Mail Online article yesterday on this with photos & video footage. No air cover for convoy?

Underestimated Ukrainian Military from first day. Probably no idea about those drones? 

Dumb Russians. The Daily Mail Online, LOL🤣 The GRU must be as bad as the CIA. LOL Maybe they went w0ke too, HHaaaaaa🤣

Edited by Thaidup

5 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Therein lies the problem. What many misunderstand is that facts are facts but are then manipulated to tell a false narrative, as what your "independent journalist" did. You are believing a false narrative made up by an ex-spymaster in Putin. By doing you, like so many people lose sight of their objectivity. 

Why is Putin so set on de-nazifing a country where so many died at their hands? Why is he attacking the rest of Ukraine when this group operate only in those independent states? Why didn't he just occupy that territory as "peacekeepers"?

The reason is simple. The narrative he is pitching, which you seem to support as does your "independent journalist", is not about the facts of this. He simply wants to expand his influence. The arguments of self-defence etc are all falsehoods, when missiles can just fly across the country he is invading to hit targets in Russia if needed.

It is why so many countries are against this. Even Switzerland has announced sanctions against him!

How can anyone possibly (and credibly) claim that Ukraine needs to be de-nazified when its president Selenskyi and the prime minister are jewish?

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/world/europe/volodomyr-zelensky-ukraine-jewish-president.amp.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16461183185065&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=Von %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2019%2F04%2F24%2Fworld%2Feurope%2Fvolodomyr-zelensky-ukraine-jewish-president.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

Wouldn't that be ironic that Russia sells Turkey anti Air defense and than Turkey uses that knowledge to circumvent the same air defense. OH what a world we live in.

One thing is clear if Russia uses the atellerie on civillians there is coming actions in the mediteranean sea, too. I not wanna go in details on a public forum. Russia really wanna play with fire but they wouldn't have any chances if they come.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Herman said:

What about Russians in Thailand. Now that swift has blocked some Russian banks . Will these Russians be able to use their credit card ?

I assume that w/o SWIFT neither Russian banking nor credit cards will work outside Russia. Have seen long lines of Russians waiting on front of ATMs in Russia in German TV yesterday so seemingly its difficult to get cash even in Russia. But so far no reports of Russians having difficulties accessing cash in Thailand. Just a matter of time, I'd say. And with the massive and rapid deterioration of the ruble, holidays in Thailand have suddenly  become way more expensive pretty much over night. So I am curious as to when the media will dive into this issue.

3 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

The status of the head of the Azov battalion - the head of the Azov battalion as part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (more than an official status)

The status of President Zelensky is the highest official in the state of Ukraine, the OFFICIAL hero of this state is Stepan Bandera - an anti-Semite, Russophobe, organizer and participant in the massacres of non-combatants during WWII.

So nazis in fact hold zero direct political power in Ukraine. so not worth talking about seriously. …. by anybody.

Stalin murdered millions in USSR especially Ukraine Famine & has millions of fans in Russia today no doubt but we don’t talk about Russia being “communist.”

Russian FSB terror functions for Putin unchanged like old KGB for Stalin. Now that’s worth talking about….Thats Nazi type oppression.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vlad said:

Sky News has shown Russian troops using Cluster Bombs in a built-up residential area in Vuhledar located in the Donetsk region. If this is proven it can be classed a war crime has been committed.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10561485/Huge-explosions-rock-Kyiv-hours-dozens-killed-Russian-CLUSTER-BOMBS-attack.html

As Russia is not a signatory, nor is the USA, to the cluster bomb convention how can their use by Russia be defined as a "war crime" - thoughts?

1 hour ago, PBS said:

As Russia is not a signatory, nor is the USA, to the cluster bomb convention how can their use by Russia be defined as a "war crime" - thoughts?

Because NATO said so, , <removed comment likely to flame>

It has now being reported that the Russian military are using banned cluster bombs against civilian targets, also Russian troops have been seen massing on the Polish border.

"Russians are now using banned cluster munitions against civilian areas, experts and activists have warned 

Attack with Grad rockets on shopping centre in Kharkiv today killed dozens and wounded hundreds, Kyiv said"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10559373/Ukraine-war-Kyiv-survives-night-Russians-suffer-losses.html

"And it is feared Ukraine might just be the first step for the Russian supremo after he unleashed terror on the country in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Putin might be emboldened by the invasion of Ukraine and seek to move on other nations in Eastern Europe.

A massive build-up of troops has reportedly already been spotted in the Belarus city of Brest - just 10 miles east of the the Polish border."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17767128/putin-could-invade-nato-countries-poland-border/

• Like 1

You guys are excusing the actions of Putin. You are dancing on the head of a pin to justify his illegal invasion of the Ukraine. All this bullsh1t about hunting nazis. 

Look at that little girls corpse. She would be alive today if you guys were not facilitating the criminal actions of Putin. As would the 15 other kids killed so far by Russian forces.

Yet here you are on your couch in northern Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

She would be alive today if you guys were not facilitating

Go away.              

as you can see from my nickname - I am against any war in the interests of moneybags.  

about 10,000 non-combatants have died in Donbas since 2014, including children.  This is war and civilians are suffering.

Edited by Faz
quote removed.

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You guys are excusing the actions of Putin. You are dancing on the head of a pin to justify his illegal invasion of the Ukraine. All this bullsh1t about hunting nazis. 

Look at that little girls corpse. She would be alive today if you guys were not facilitating the criminal actions of Putin. As would the 15 other kids killed so far by Russian forces.

Who here has"justified" anything. There are two stories to any conflict, ignoring one is not having a balanced approach. Facts are facts, if those facts are used by an opponent as propaganda then so be it, it does not negate the fact. Putin and Ukraine are none of my business, the whole EU is there to do what they want about it.

55 minutes ago, vlad said:

Sky News has shown Russian troops using Cluster Bombs in a built-up residential area in Vuhledar located in the Donetsk region. If this is proven it can be classed a war crime has been committed.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10561485/Huge-explosions-rock-Kyiv-hours-dozens-killed-Russian-CLUSTER-BOMBS-attack.html

Cluster bombs are neither illegal nor banned.

https://www.clusterconvention.org/

Those who signed up to and ratified the Convention agreed not to use, produce or supply them, but that doesn't make their use a war crime - just not nice.

22 minutes ago, PBS said:

Neither is Ukraine.

3 minutes ago, Thaidup said:

Who here has"justified" anything. There are two stories to any conflict, ignoring one is not having a balanced approach. Facts are facts, if those facts are used by an opponent as propaganda then so be it, it does not negate the fact. Putin and Ukraine are none of my business, the whole EU is there to do what they want about it.

But you are not presenting facts.

You are regurgitating the propaganda from Putin as to how they are "justified" in their actions.

All this nonsense about hunting nazis. Its utter lies.

Either you actually believe Putin is correct in his reasons for invasion or, and this is actually worse, you are simply on here trolling and using the war in order to entertain yourself.

In either event have a look at yourself in a mirror and ask the question. Is what I'm doing OK?

• Like 2

Note from the Moderators

Ok members. Tempers are starting to get a bit frayed and moving away from the civil discussion that is expected.

Let's demonstrate an ability lacking in many political leaders and maintain a civil, responsible and supported discussion.

Enough rhetoric and propaganda already exists. Posts seeking to further inflame the discussion will simply be removed.

Thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Does anyone see or hear any advance warfare? Any drones or bots or hacks on military systems going to war? Looks very conventional fighting to me.

I have read claims of massive destruction on tanks and armoured vehicles from Ukrainian drone attacks. But ....

1 hour ago, PBS said:

Because there using them on civillians not military targets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

So why are you posting then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Putin is clearly targeting civilian targets true or false ?? he has done it in the past and he will ramp it up because his invasion is stalling and it has not gone well for him. It's got nothing to do in the past or about Nazi's about kids being killed in Rocket attacks on civilian targets. Doubtful you saw the 9 yr or 10old girl called Polina killed along with her mother and father shot by Russian troops in their car trying to escape to the border. Is this justified ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

One thing that perplexes me is why the Russians would line up their hardwares like sitting ducks for a drone strike or gun ship run similar to how the Iraqis lined up to be destroyed at the Highway of Death

Me too.

I don't want to jump on the 'lace panty / loony' bus, but it's all a bit seriously bizarre like these meetings with other presidents and his own staff at opposite ends of an absurdly long table.

It's almost shades of Howard Hughes, divorced from reality, as it's hard to believe that he's so surrounded himself with 'yes-men' that they didn't point out that it was never going to just be a walk-in.

You're talking about 40 km long convoys, just lined up with no air cover in place, and Russian soldiers thinking they're just on exercise and not observing the absolute basics by running out of fuel.

It's almost surreal, as if he's sacked his advisers and generals and doesn't trust anyone and is just micro-managing things from afar - almost like someone else on the world stage in a world of their own.

It's just wierd and makes you wonder if he'll be brought down by the West or someone a lot closer to home. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, vlad said:

Because there using them on civillians not military targets.

I'm not justifying it, but from the point of 'criminality' that doesn't matter - they're no more 'banned' by anyone involved than any other weapon so the issue's the target, not the weapon.

I'm not suggesting it's right, just that that's how the laws of armed conflict are.