News Forum - Russia attacks Ukraine from three fronts, explosions in major cities

Thaiger

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Asshole NATO and asshole USA started this. Crazy lunatic asshole Putin escalated it into war.

The USA didn't start it the Biden Administration did >unidentified slang term<=Weak=War have you noticed how peaceful the World was under The Trump Administration?.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 23RD said:

The USA didn't start it the Biden Administration did >unidentified slang term<=Weak=War have you noticed how peaceful the World was under The Trump Administration?.

Wow a putin supporter who claims before to serve at the nato in europe. By the way using military titles is minimum 2 years in jail in Germany. Maybe you read in the german tagesschau that they activate the cypersecurity and on which level they put it in Germany and Europe. There is a interesting part (MAD and BND) that includes social media what they analyze, too. Misinformation campaigns by Russia, networks, identification etc. 

2 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Wow a putin supporter

No I'm not Russian my friend. 

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

By the way using military titles is minimum 2 years in jail in Germany.

Glad to hear it my friend I've long lobbied for similar sentences in the UK.

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

who claims before to serve at the nato in europe

I've served as part of NATO in your native Germany and on NATO operations my friend (but not in NATO in Europe as you quote) 

NATO HQ is more of a Staff Officer posting above my pay grade.

16 minutes ago, Stardust said:

There is a interesting part (MAD and BND) that includes social media what they analyze, too.

The same MAD & BND the German Federal Government tried to use to investigate and harass a particular German Political Party prior to the last Federal Elections (very Putin like)

So my German friend as the old saying goes when you live in glass houses don't throw stones. 

14 minutes ago, 23RD said:

No I'm not Russian my friend. 

Glad to hear it my friend I've long lobbied for similar sentences in the UK.

I've served as part of NATO in your native Germany and on NATO operations my friend (but not in NATO in Europe as you quote) 

NATO HQ is more of a Staff Officer posting above my pay grade.

The same MAD & BND the German Federal Government tried to use to investigate and harass a particular German Political Party prior to the last Federal Elections (very Putin like)

So my German friend as the old saying goes when you live in glass houses don't throw stones. 

For sure not! I thought you were stationed in Germany so you should know MAD is Militaerischer Abschirmdienst. And I remember you used titles. You served on Nato operations and not know the MAD, very interesting.

the poor Ukrainian people have been sacrificed for the well being of NATO, the US and the cowardice of the EU27

well done Putin for exposing us for what we are, we created that conflict when we had all the tools to "disarm" it

check mate

3 captured Russian troops giving their version of what their commanders told them and how they thought that the Ukraine would welcome them with open arms. All look well treated, the guy with the bandage probably received his wounds on being captured, none look as if they are being coerced into giving this statement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

You served on Nato operations and not know the MAD, very interesting.

Why ? I was a HM Forces not in The Bundeswehr why would I have a working knowledge of the MAD?

Apart from a general interest the point I'm trying to make (without going of topic) is you spent a lot of time condemning Putin over the last few day's but when it comes to misinformation and silencing of Politician opponents you need to look closer to home.

2 x good examples New Years Eve 2015 German Authorities tried to cover it up until pressure from social media = misinformation .

The German Federal Governments attempt to harass and  investigate a democratically elected Politicial Party prior to the last Federal Elections = Silencing Politicial Opponents. 

So my German friend before you knock Putin look in your own back yard.

And while we're on the subject lobby your local MP back in Germany to send The Ukrainians some Anti-Tank missiles that work unlike the most recent batch.

2 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Why ? I was a HM Forces not in The Bundeswehr why would I have a working knowledge of the MAD?

Apart from a general interest the point I'm trying to make (without going of topic) is you spent a lot of time condemning Putin over the last few day's but when it comes to misinformation and silencing of Politician opponents you need to look closer to home.

2 x good examples New Years Eve 2015 German Authorities tried to cover it up until pressure from social media = misinformation .

The German Federal Governments attempt to harass and  investigate a democratically elected Politicial Party prior to the last Federal Elections = Silencing Politicial Opponents. 

So my German friend before you knock Putin look in your own back yard.

And while we're on the subject lobby your local MP back in Germany to send The Ukrainians some Anti-Tank missiles that work unlike the most recent batch.

The MAD has nothing to do with a local politicians. MAD is involved on all military bases (Nato) in Germany.

8 minutes ago, Stardust said:

MAD is involved on all military bases (Nato) in Germany

In my nearly five years in 3 x British Army Barracks in Berlin,Sennelager and Paderborn I never seen any the only Germans on are Barracks were LEC's Locally employed Civilians. 

And bearing in mind The British Army left Germany in 2016 (apart from a detachment in Sennelager Ranges) its an obsolete question. 

Now back onto topic my Die Linke friend. 

Edited by 23RD

2 hours ago, 23RD said:

NATO expansion was a thing before Biden. Though I must say I believe Trump understood how hypocritical it was to expand NATO much better than any of his predecessors. 

I am not a supporter of Trump, mainly cuz I am not American and as such I don't care, but I wholeheartedly believe Trump and Putin would have reached an agreement on this matter which would have avoided war. 

Edited by Sparktrader

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

NATO expansion was a thing before Biden. Though I must say I believe Trump understood how hypocritical it was to expand NATO much better than any of his predecessors. 

I am not a supporter of Trump, mainly cuz I am not American and as such I don't care, but I wholeheartedly believe Trump and Putin would have reached an agreement on this matter which would have avoided war. 

Excellent post Sparktrader it's good to see an OP with common sense.

We definitely wouldn't be in this position under a Trump Administration (Peace through Strength).

• Haha 1

The press releases from the various Embassies are challenging to believe in my opinion, simply as what is actually happening in some cases runs contrary to what is being said. This makes them hard to be believable and seem more likely to try and justify, without legality or substance, what is happening.

I was reading a Time article on Putin which is attached.

https://time.com/magazine/south-pacific/5210609/march-22nd-2018-vol-191-no-12-u-s/

Of special interest was a paragraph later in the article from 2018 which read as follows:

"During Putin’s next term he is prepared to resolve the problem of the Donbas, the area of Eastern Ukraine where Russia’s army has fueled a civil war since 2014. Sources in the Russian Foreign Ministry tell TIME that Putin is ready to make Eastern Ukraine an area controlled by an interim international administration—as was the case in Bosnia and Herzegovina, or Kosovo."

It was an interesting read into his history and comparison to actual recent events. The apparent changes in Putin, and the subsequent consequences, indicate even more of his desire, in my opinion, to make Russia Great Again, regardless of the cost to others. 

If this is the case, and is something spurned on by ego as the driving force in his decisions, it makes it even harder to see him voluntarily backing down. It would be a humiliation for him to do so. That is highly concerning.

• Like 4

Please watch this video, it certainly gives a insight into mindset of Putin, he even tells us in which order we would be most likely to be nuked, Great Britain wins the top spot followed by France, Germany and the United States.

"Putin has been preparing, incase of nuclear war, facilities for some areas to survive.'

Political analyst and Russian exile, Valery Morozov offers a harrowing view into the mind of Vladimir Putin."

19 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Please watch this video, it certainly gives a insight into mindset of Putin, he even tells us in which order we would be most likely to be nuked, Great Britain wins the top spot followed by France, Germany and the United States.

Putin must be forgetting that only the UK itself is capable of flattening the most important cities across Russia. And that's not even considering the US. 

Surely it will be tough times for everyone if a nuclear war happens, and everybody will lose in such a war, but I am sure Russia would be the greatest loser. Most scientists nowadays don't believe a "nuclear winter" is at all possible. 

And that is even supposing most of Russians ICBMs wouldn't be intercepted. We are to believe that the Russian military industry slowed its pace after the fall of the Soviet Union, and the proof is the crappy old weapons such as the tanks they are using in Ukraine. 

The Israelis have Arrow 3, and there are other western anti-ballistic missile systems... The Russians only have the older A-135 which are much inferior compared to the Arrow 3. 

How many of their missiles can the west intercept vs how many of the west's missiles can Russia intercept?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Putin must be forgetting that only the UK itself is capable of flattening the most important cities across Russia. And that's not even considering the US. 

Surely it will be tough times for everyone if a nuclear war happens, and everybody will lose in such a war, but I am sure Russia would be the greatest loser. Most scientists nowadays don't believe a "nuclear winter" is at all possible. 

And that is even supposing most of Russians ICBMs wouldn't be intercepted. We are to believe that the Russian military industry slowed its pace after the fall of the Soviet Union, and the proof is the crappy old weapons such as the tanks they are using in Ukraine. 

The Israelis have Arrow 3, and there are other western anti-ballistic missile systems... The Russians only have the older A-135 which are much inferior compared to the Arrow 3. 

How many of their missiles can the west intercept vs how many of the west's missiles can Russia intercept?

Personally I have zero wish to find out in real life who can intercept whose missiles! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

"How many of their missiles can the west intercept vs how many of the west's missiles can Russia intercept?"

I think that was the most worrying mindset of Putin, he is not bothered because he believes that Russia is so big they can sustain anything thrown at them, life matters not one jot to him unless you include his own of course, where he his totally paranoid about anyone invading his own private space and he seems to have put an exclusion zone around himself.

It only takes a few missiles to get through our defences and it's good night Vienna, whereas we can fire missiles into his territory untill we are blue in the face and the country is so big they possibly could sustain it.

But it does go to show what a complete phycopath Putin is.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Agreed. 

I guess nobody in the West until very recently expected Putin to be capable of doing this. Up until now he had been relatively fine and relations between the West and Russia were "cordial". But now he is just gone completely mad, nobody knows with what purpose, as the sanctions will indeed turn Russia into an economic pariah... And there is not much for him to get in Ukraine either... 

Some speculate, after some words from Senator Rubio in the US, that Putin may be terminally ill. And thus he doesn't care anymore about what happens to the world?

Hope this doesn't reach the nuclear stage.

Putin will surely have to be removed by his Generals or FSB if he reaches for his nuclear button or invades any other country or sustains current lunacy for more than another week ? 

Putin is responsible for the loss of thousands of lives and the only life that is precious to him is his own. Shocking out of a total of 100 conscripts only 4 remain, lambs to the slaughter.

From Russian TV
"Russian Senator Lyudmila Narusova acknowledged huge losses of the #Russian army"
"Yesterday the conscripts, who were forced to sign a contract or signed for them, were withdrawn from the war zone in #Ukraine. But from a company of 100 men only 4 were left alive." https://t.co/cYM9MjBbCL

10 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Yesterday the conscripts, who were forced to sign a contract or signed for them

That’s because conscripts are only allowed to fight inside Russia. It’s contract soldiers who are allow to fight outside. Contact soldiers are what we in the west called volunteers. They get paid a lot more (like $1K per month vs $25 for a conscript) and have a longer enlistment (conscripts only serve for one year). Contact soldiers tend to serve in fields that require more training. While conscripts are over represented in fields like transportation, supply, armor and common soldiers. Hence why Russia needed them to sign contracts whether they wanted to or not. 

Despite previous warnings, further off topic posts attempting to drag the debate towards China and Taiwan have been removed. Read the FG's please.
All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Posts must be accompanied by a personal comment & a valid working direct link (URL) to any quoted text or data image for verification or for any fact(s) or inferred fact(s) used in a personal comment.

Moderator.

15 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Europe together with the USA started this in the 80s (sdi) . I remember when they started and installing in Europe shields against missiles from Russia. They developped since 40 years now. This was the original start of the space force. Some really forget that Germany, Europe since 1949. All the forces were build up and trained for nuclear war. Everybody who served in Germany/ Europe knows that. All the forces are build up and trained on that since after ww2. Recources, tech, industrial power is much higher than Russia. Russia needs for all tech production supply from Europe. They have no semiconductor production etc developped til today. It would need huge amounts of time , huge amounts of money and it is so complex that it means Russia is minimum 30 years behind when they would start now. 

• Like 1

Will NATO send in Air Support?

That sounds like WW 3.

Being a human being can be very embarrassing at times. I do believe in Alien life outside this planet, and this is when they just pass us by and wait for us to destroy each other. And I am not trying to be funny.

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Will NATO send in Air Support?

That sounds like WW 3.

Depends on what type of air support you mean.

< Posted facts or inferred facts without a supporting verifiable link - content removed. >

Moderators note:
Exactly which part of the message I just posted above did you not understand?
Forum rules:

All text and posted content must align to the topic and/or the first post under that topic. Posts must be accompanied by a personal comment & a valid working direct link (URL) to any quoted text or data image for verification or for any fact(s) or inferred fact(s) used in a personal comment.

Edited by Faz
no links.
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Depends on what type of air support you mean.

Setting up a no fly zone isn’t going to happen. Is it needed, yes. Can it be justified, yes. Is it going to lead to a deescalation, no. And that’s why it’s not going to happen. However it does seem like the US and Poland smoothed  out the wrinkle in getting them to donate their used MiG-29s to Ukraine. It was thought the problem was Russia considering it an escalation. However that wasn’t the case, seems they don’t care what Russia thinks. The problem actually was Poland not wanting to lose the planes without getting replacements out of the US quickly. The US will be donating F-16s to replace the Mig-29s, planes Poland already has in its inventory. Win, win. 

The US should be donating F-35s to Poland instead of F-16s. Poland has already order F-35s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Transam said:

Perhaps there is a vigorous/lengthy training course for F35's, whereas, Polish pilots can hop straight into F16's... 

Yes I guess that's true. But it would be such a sweet deal if Poland is able to trade Mig-29s for F-35s 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1