News Forum - Pattaya tourism quiet until entry and booze rules are eased

Thaiger

Hi 

I am in Thailand in Phuket at present.

Arrived on 11.11 on a 30 days entry and just extended my stay for another 30 days at Patong immigration without a problem.

They charge 1900 Baht.  

You need Photo and photocopies of passport, immigration stamp and entry form. Can be done at immigration at extra 300 Baht.

I did it that way as embassies do not answer phone.

For my Thailand pass I contacted a SHA plus hotel booked one night + transport and received link for PCR test at airport. 

Hotel booking girl was very helpful and we spoke on phone several times.

BEST use Gmail address as Hotmail does not work for pass.

Now being here is great. Empty beaches, no wait at restaurants, empty roads. Treated like a king.

Well worth the effort, believe me.

See u soon 

Peter

• Like 1

the majority of international arrivals coming into Thailand are expats coming home. They arrive and take their RT-PCR test and check into the required hotel while awaiting their results. As soon at the test is returned negative, they head straight to their homes or condos or apartments.

And the Govt are trying to make it harder for those same expats once they do come back.

• Like 2

Many, if not most, restaurants in Pattaya are now serving alcohol quite openly. I understand the police made a half hearted attempt to visit a few of them a week or so ago but after that they’re clearly totally disinterested in upholding this particular law. When a law isn’t even upheld by the authorities any more it’s abolition is well overdue.

11 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Never known such a relaxing and quiet time in LOS and especially in Pattaya. For many of  us here its wonderful. Sorry for those that can't get here to see family, but I don't care a jot about tourists on holiday, as they are mainly a pain in the ass. Sorry for business owners, sure, but many around me are thriving on local custom and a reorientation of the economy  is no bad thing. Selfish; sure, but that's not my problem. Never been a bar person so they can stay closed for me. 

I wonder if this will be a popular post?  😀

What you want in Pattaya if you not care they lost their jobs and staying in huge lines in Pattaya. You are fir sure not welcomed in Pattaya especially not from Thais there!

Just now, Stardust said:

What you want in Pattaya if you not care they lost their jobs and staying in huge lines in Pattaya. You are fir sure not welcomed in Pattaya especially not from Thais there!

Nice to watch for some seeing the Thai people waiting for food hands out in Pattaya.

11 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Never known such a relaxing and quiet time in LOS and especially in Pattaya. For many of  us here its wonderful. Sorry for those that can't get here to see family, but I don't care a jot about tourists on holiday, as they are mainly a pain in the ass. Sorry for business owners, sure, but many around me are thriving on local custom and a reorientation of the economy  is no bad thing. Selfish; sure, but that's not my problem. Never been a bar person so they can stay closed for me. 

So you enjoyed watching the people who lost their jobs in Pattaya and waiting for food handsout and sleeping outside. Peoole like you they should really kicked out of Pattaya!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Do you have an alternate destination? Covid is bad everywhere. 

Mexico. You don't even need a test to get in.  I went this summer and there were no problems at all.

14 hours ago, Grumpyoldman said:

This lack of international travellers was all very predictable. They don't seem to be able to understand what people want from a long haul holiday (easy entry and no restrictions) and have this feeling of self importance that is misplaced.

The less tourists on holiday the less chance of another major outbreak for the 5th time

• Like 1

When I put Pattaya on Agoda for a booking exactly a month from now, it shows me 2,800 hotels, from the 9,100 they have in their database. Perhaps that says it all.

17 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Boring man I see nee treats in life 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, cap said:

I get tourist visa from 21 October to 19 December . I come back France for Xmas . I ask another tourist visa from 20 January to 19 march and Embassy refused ... It is forbidden to get 2 tourist visa within 5 months .

Does Thailand needs retired tourist or not ? 

Flitting in and out of the country makes you tourist, whether you are retired or not.

7 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Many, if not most, restaurants in Pattaya are now serving alcohol quite openly. I understand the police made a half hearted attempt to visit a few of them a week or so ago but after that they’re clearly totally disinterested in upholding this particular law. When a law isn’t even upheld by the authorities any more it’s abolition is well overdue.

You are a bit behind the times. The bars in Phuket have been open for a couple of weeks now.

As for your final sentence, I have some sympathy with that point, but in this case you can be fairly certain that tea money is involved. Given those circumstances, it would be better to abolish corrupt police.   

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

You are a bit behind the times. The bars in Phuket have been open for a couple of weeks now.

As for your final sentence, I have some sympathy with that point, but in this case you can be fairly certain that tea money is involved. Given those circumstances, it would be better to abolish corrupt police.   

Yes he is, because as we all know, Phuket & Pattaya are very close together - 20 baht on a samlor, I believe.

• Haha 3

On 11/19/2021 at 3:47 PM, Thaiger said:

According to the acting president of the Chon Buri Tourism Council, Pattaya is still quiet, and 95% of tourists there are Thai since the reopening to international tourists on November 1. Of the 200 to 300 people per day who do come, the majority are not tourists but businesspeople and expats. And many of the tourists who do come end up leaving quickly when they discover that everything is closed and that there is no entertainment or nightlife allowed. The president estimates that, of the 1,000 to 2,000 international tourists the Tourism Authority of Thailand says enter Thailand each day, […]

The story Pattaya tourism quiet until entry and booze rules are eased as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

no bilateral travel bubble/lanes, may deter many tourists. What's the point of opening when its only one way with lots of hurdles upon entry. Then a 14 days quarantine back in home country and with equal hurdles to go back. just a nightmare

8 hours ago, Nick said:

Mexico. You don't even need a test to get in.  I went this summer and there were no problems at all.

Do they have a forum and girlie bars?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, cap said:

I get tourist visa from 21 October to 19 December . I come back France for Xmas . I ask another tourist visa from 20 January to 19 march and Embassy refused ... It is forbidden to get 2 tourist visa within 5 months .

Does Thailand needs retired tourist or not ? 

Perhaps you cannot apply for new visa while you have a current active visa, makes sense.

Edited by Mopi
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leo said:

When I put Pattaya on Agoda for a booking exactly a month from now, it shows me 2,800 hotels, from the 9,100 they have in their database. Perhaps that says it all.

That two thirds are fully booked so not available? 😂 ?

23 hours ago, farang said:

i think most thai people are now seeing this. as they see countries around them open without all those crazy restrictions.

I doubt "most thai people are now seeing this", since if they look at ANY of the countries around them they can see very clearly that they all have the same "crazy restrictions" or worse 😂 !

The only exception is Myanmar, and I doubt Thailand's tourists will be flooding there - let's not let reality spoil things, though 😯 !

3 hours ago, Faraday said:

Yes he is, because as we all know, Phuket & Pattaya are very close together - 20 baht on a samlor, I believe.

I heard the flying samlohs are 40 baht nowadays 😅🤣😂 and with engine 50 baht

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

More likely two thirds have gone broke.

Or rather more realistically that they're 'hibernating' as there's no point opening at the moment 😴.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

More likely two thirds have gone broke.

Many big hotels are still closed in Pattaya/ jomtien. And there are many which look like they will not open soon because they made no maintanance. And some are fully booked with monkeys and dogs.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Stardust said:

So you enjoyed watching the people who lost their jobs in Pattaya and waiting for food handsout and sleeping outside. Peoole like you they should really kicked out of Pattaya!

Thais will line up for anything given out for free needed or not, even the well off. Open the bars, clubs and real massage places, keep the brothels, bars employing prostitutes and pay for sex massage shops closed. Good opportunity to clean the place up once and for all.