News Forum - Pattaya tourism quiet until entry and booze rules are eased

Thaiger

4 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I didn't say that I didn't care.  Read my post again. 

Read your own post, you clearly said:

but I don't care a jot about tourists on holiday

...but anyone that works in this industry clearly do care, you do not care about tourists, you do not care about the people needing them to make a living too.

And then...

Selfish; sure, but that's not my problem.

So you admit being selfish but you do care? How does that work? Never heard about a selfish-caring person.

2 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Will you join me in the fight Brother?

It will mean many days of drinking & fornicating to understand the problems.

"Onward Christian soldiers...."

...marching as to whore.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

To do what? Visit a bad beach, how about swim in polluted waters? Oh maybe see those ancient ruins or the amazing scenery? Even the Thais only go to Pattaya to party. You want to do something else, you go somewhere else. 

Exactly it seems really they never been in Pattaya especially in the weekends and reading the number plates, but I guess they cannot read or see the difference between a chonbury number and a Bangkok number. The Thais love entertainment or why is Thonglor so popular in Bangkok. Some people not understand the word demand and market. If there is more demand for more other structured tourism it would happened already. They think it will come by a order. No it will not just because nobody will make a business or operate if there is no demand for and Singapore will not fall from the sky by a wish. It is a bit strange if adults are talking of a level like children would do or hace really never heard something about demands, markets. The reality all over the world in tourist destinations are people want to enjoy their holidays, like to drink a red wine to their dinner or have entertainment or listen to live music or dancing. Why these Clowns not take money and build up this holiday destinations without enjoying, no beer, no music, no dancing. People who not lost their minds or not children have some understanding of economy or operating would never do or think is workable. Clowns go ahead we want to see it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarisin said:

Nothing to do with religion, it's about moving the City forward away from being one big brothel and a national embarrassment.

Then perhaps we should have many small brothels and stand proud? Oh, wait a sec.

35 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Exactly it seems really they never been in Pattaya especially in the weekends and reading the number plates, but I guess they cannot read or see the difference between a chonbury number and a Bangkok number. The Thais love entertainment or why is Thonglor so popular in Bangkok. Some people not understand the word demand and market. If there is more demand for more other structured tourism it would happened already.

Anyways, I agree with what your post. Don't expect people whom are biased by bars/sexpats/weed to come down from their opinionated horse. They might come here for a week or two.... but they don't live here they don't understand the real level of poverty and the gigantic hole the lack of the entertainment industry gives.

These people in the entertainment industry didn't earn top DJ salaries no where close... they did it for love of music. The liking of entertaining. Can even continue on-to bargirls - But I won't as I don't have a Thai wife or girlfriend so I can't really but I can defend where they come from....

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Thank you for that.  I firmly believe, as I think do the Pattaya  Authority, that Covid, bad as it is in the short term,  has provided the City with a once in a generation chance to change its outlook, ambitions and reputation. I think that in this, they are supported by the National Government. Its going to be hard going, but I wish the City and its people all success. 

Talking like a little kid and not know anything about Thailand and not even understand the difference between Singapore and Thailand and the difference how Singapore is managed. Not understand that incompetent Clown are not able to do something or even could manage a noodle shop. Comon go ahead build up a beach town destinationation without entertainment, music, clubs, bars, no alcohol at restaurants. Not talk go a head doing not talking. Clowns thinks have to do nothing it is not by demand the market. Adults with a kids mindset! Comon build it and fill it up whit high quality tourists not want to enjoy and not want Champagner, comon show it the world!

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Talking like a little kid and not know anything about Thailand and not even understand the difference between Singapore and Thailand and the difference how Singapore is managed. Not understand that incompetent Clown are not able to do something or even could manage a noodle shop. Comon go ahead build up a beach town destinationation without entertainment, music, clubs, bars, no alcohol at restaurants. Not talk go a head doing not talking. Clowns thinks have to do nothing it is not by demand the market. Adults with a kids mindset! Comon build it and fill it up whit high quality tourists not want to enjoy and not want Champagner, comon show it the world!

what are you talking about?  None of that makes any sense at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

what are you talking about?  None of that makes any sense at all. 

Sure for your mindset it make no sense. As I have children I know a little bit of kids and their mindset. My youngest realized with 2,5 years all the sweats and toys in the 711 costs money and she came to me Papa give me money! It seams she was and is more clever than some comentators here.

• Haha 1

Just now, Stardust said:

Sure for your mindset it make no sense. As I have children I know a little bit of kids and their mindset. My youngest realized with 2,5 years all the sweats and toys in the 711 costs money and she came to me Papa give me money! It seams she was and is more clever than some comentators here.

No, still don't understand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

No, still don't understand. 

Sure you not understand thats the difference about awareness of my daughter and you. I know you cannot understand it because I read your comments.

2 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Nothing to do with religion, it's about moving the City forward away from being one big brothel and a national embarrassment.

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Abstinence & prayer will solve all the problems.

Yes, it sure did in Europe for hundreds of years, didnt it? There where no brotherls, infdelity etc. But a lot of people had thier reputations ruined and damaged as an effect of all this "christian values". Nah.. Drop the stigma associated with prostitution. Legalise and regulate it. Prostitution has never been eradicated despite numerous attempts.

4 hours ago, EdwardV said:

To do what? Visit a bad beach, how about swim in polluted waters? Oh maybe see those ancient ruins or the amazing scenery? Even the Thais only go to Pattaya to party. You want to do something else, you go somewhere else. 

Maybe to retire to - all the elements are already there, from hospitals to shopping malls and restaurants. Clean up the beach, re-train some staff, and you have the ideal location for retirees in their own homes, in re-purposed sheltered accommodation / estates and in retirement homes, along with places for their families to go for a holiday  when visiting.

It doesn't all have to be about the beach and jungle treks.

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

Exactly it seems really they never been in Pattaya especially in the weekends and reading the number plates, but I guess they cannot read or see the difference between a chonbury number and a Bangkok number. The Thais love entertainment or why is Thonglor so popular in Bangkok. Some people not understand the word demand and market. If there is more demand for more other structured tourism it would happened already. They think it will come by a order. No it will not just because nobody will make a business or operate if there is no demand for and Singapore will not fall from the sky by a wish. It is a bit strange if adults are talking of a level like children would do or hace really never heard something about demands, markets. The reality all over the world in tourist destinations are people want to enjoy their holidays, like to drink a red wine to their dinner or have entertainment or listen to live music or dancing. Why these Clowns not take money and build up this holiday destinations without enjoying, no beer, no music, no dancing. People who not lost their minds or not children have some understanding of economy or operating would never do or think is workable. Clowns go ahead we want to see it!

Maybe it would help if you read what other people said, since no-one here has said or suggested "no beer, no music, no dancing".

On the other hand, maybe not ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

Comon go ahead build up a beach town destinationation without entertainment, music, clubs, bars, no alcohol at restaurants. 

One of the few parts I could understand.

Pattaya already is a "beach town", though, and nobody here has suggested no "entertainment, music, clubs, bars, no alcohol at restaurants".

What's been suggested is a change in direction and emphasis.

Rather different.

10 hours ago, Sarisin said:

Thais will line up for anything given out for free needed or not, even the well off.

Hardly the only ones.  Even Aussies are happy to take a freebie from the drive-thru food bank 

image.png.f68b248949bf53982dd29654a8ec573d.png

As for the Americans

image.png.b531fda57111b892f0a0d9163d467e2d.png