Mask wearing . The reality?

Dodgey

16 minutes ago, Faz said:

That was absolutely true.
The wife knows where the woman works and sees her wandering around.
She hasn't seen the (ex) boyfriend with her though.
From an inquisitive standpoint, I'd like to know what happened to him, but the wife won't ask her (face).

Yeah would be interesting to know what happened as an FOI ( for our info) on the mask mandate and ones who think they should be excluded and privileged. Free ride in the back of a truck with shiny red lights on it must have been fun.

I've noticed a couple of things while wandering around the Big Mango over the past few weeks. First - those not wearing masks are nearly exclusively foreigners. But - exclusively - those are wearing them as a chin strap or to hide some kind of neck deformity and don't have the balls to go completely without. Second - almost all of them are doing so for the attention. They have their double-chin protectors on and are constantly looking around to see if anybody is noticing. So, what can be deduced from this? 1 - They're all pussies without the courage to follow their convictions about not wearing masks. 2 - They're also narcissists doing so not from any other perspective than a childish attempt to get some attention.

So, yeah, follow the "science" instead of the rules. But when I see you walking around with a mask around your chin I'll know you for the whiny, little bใtยh you are.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

So you are part of the conversation or debate and you also moderate it.  Tell me how that isn't a conflict of interest? You should recuse yourself from this conversation or the moderation.  It's not a fair debate, not by a long shot.

I'd refrain from wearing that plastic bag over your head instead of a mask, it's obviously causing severe side effects to your rational reasoning.

I am a member of this forum and a moderator.
Like you and other members, I am entitled to post from a personal viewpoint.
When I moderate, it's strictly in line with the Forum Guidelines and rules.

Two hats if you like, but definitely no plastic bags.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I've noticed a couple of things while wandering around the Big Mango over the past few weeks. First - those not wearing masks are nearly exclusively foreigners. But - exclusively - those are wearing them as a chin strap or to hide some kind of neck deformity and don't have the balls to go completely without. Second - almost all of them are doing so for the attention. They have their double-chin protectors on and are constantly looking around to see if anybody is noticing. So, what can be deduced from this? 1 - They're all pussies without the courage to follow their convictions about not wearing masks. 2 - They're also narcissists doing so not from any other perspective than a childish attempt to get some attention.

So, yeah, follow the "science" instead of the rules. But when I see you walking around with a mask around your chin I'll know you for the whiny, little bใtยh you are.

Have them in CM too. Ones on some of the CM city streets have no masks on or have in hand, and ones in the stores have their nose exposed. Granted the outside is a lessor story than that of the Hyper markets. I can understand pulling it down in a store to get a cool breathe of air, but blatantly doing it is thumbing their noses at everyone. My reading glasses steam up so I have to mange airflow for that, but I do manage and keep it on in stores. Nothing more silly than someone who has his mask down off of his nose, glasses on but looking up not through the glasses.

image.png.7a5fd58bf801780618359b84ca1d3ab3.pngimage.png.d434fa861c922224f71a9c95b7a6c0a1.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JamesE said:

This apparently is the new science to follow.
Why didn't the experts think of this.

21 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Not at all.  I didn't have a mask when I went out to walk.  I don't wear one while exercising.  I put a plastic bag over my head and made eye holes.  NO one dared speak to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Anyone here with a brain, who can think logically knows that this is a conflict of interest.  You can coat it with as much sugar as you like, but it is what everyone knows it is.  Your sycophants will do nothing but congratulate you on platitudes and everyone else will be scared to state the obvious. 

Carry on, it is clearly your sandbox and your discussion.  Have the temerity to at least state the obvious.

Having the ability to participate in the discussions and to step back and help guide that discussion objectively is commendable. Had teachers at my school do this regularly in class discussions otherwise it would get off topic and in some instances a bit heated when "blinkered" opinions took over the discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

When I think that something like this is trolling me, what should I do about it? Report you to you?

BUGGA,  I got it all wrong AGAIN. I thought it the opposite.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Having the ability to participate in the discussions and to step back and help guide that discussion objectively is commendable. Had teachers at my school do this regularly in class discussions otherwise it would get off topic and in some instances a bit heated when "blinkered" opinions took over the discussion.

You're really something. 

5 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

You have no idea.

Oh you like to have the last word. OK I shall desist and not reply to your next post,

• Cool 1

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Oh you like to have the last word. OK I shall desist and not reply to your next post,

Works for me.

17 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Are you being serious?  She has natural immunity.  D variant. Again, explain why she needs to wear a mask, she won't be infected or infect anyone.  There is science behind that.  Your parable .. well, what is behind it?

You're being deliciously offensive in this thread and I try very hard not to respond since you so clearly don't care what people think of you. And you're obviously extremely self-centered, but... you don't represent only yourself. Your actions influence not only what people think of you, but what they think of other people who are part of the same group. If your handle here is anything to go by: ask yourself if jews really need more people to hate them. Americans? Do they really need more contempt? Old grumpy men? We definitely don't need more people looking down on us. And farangs in Thailand? Please. There's only so much we can take. 

2 hours ago, Faz said:

That was absolutely true.
The wife knows where the woman works and sees her wandering around.
She hasn't seen the (ex) boyfriend with her though.
From an inquisitive standpoint, I'd like to know what happened to him, but the wife won't ask her (face).

Maybe his ex left him in the centre of the City 😀

Picture 029.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sawarot said:

You're being deliciously offensive in this thread and I try very hard not to respond since you so clearly don't care what people think of you. And you're obviously extremely self-centered, but... you don't represent only yourself. Your actions influence not only what people think of you, but what they think of other people who are part of the same group. If your handle here is anything to go by: ask yourself if jews really need more people to hate them. Americans? Do they really need more contempt? Old grumpy men? We definitely don't need more people looking down on us. And farangs in Thailand? Please. There's only so much we can take. 

Amazing.  You brought Jews into this discussion?  Shame on you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Are you being serious?  She has natural immunity.  D variant. Again, explain why she needs to wear a mask, she won't be infected or infect anyone.  There is science behind that.  Your parable .. well, what is behind it?

I am not sure that you are correct about her immunity. But if you are currently correct, where is the evidence that she cannot succumb to the next variant?

That is before you even consider the clear evidence that even the asymptomatic can and do spread the virus. The fact that someone may be immune does not change the fact that the virus is aerosolised. An immune person can breathe it in, but they will then breathe it out again, thus putting others at risk.

• Like 2

Just now, JohninDubin said:

I am not sure that you are correct about her immunity. But if you are currently correct, where is the evidence that she cannot succumb to the next variant?

If you read what I posted here, I said exactly that.  I am not sure she will have immunity for the next variant released from a lab. I would tell you what we do to mitigate this but it will likely be erased by the impartial participant in this discussion.

14 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

I didn't ask about the law.  I asked about science.  What science says she needs a mask?  She can't infect anyone, nor can she catch it.  She has no responsibility.  Vaccines aren't doing anything against the D variant.  That's science too. 

So the question stands, what beyond stupid and non-scientific laws is reason for her to wear a mask?

You, and most of those who voted for your post, obviously don't understand the science. 

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/questions-answers/questions-answers-prevention

• Thanks 1

While we are discussing wearing or not wearing masks, we ought to acknowledge that all masks are not created equal, and THE VACCINE is not a monolithic GOD SHOT as there are several China Virus injections, including some Adenovirus Vaccines that would qualify as a real vaccine.  Did you know the dictionaries changed their definition of what is a vaccine to include Pfizer and Moderna which are mRNA injections, not vaccines.  

Surgical masks do not protect you or me from aerosolized virus.  And yes, I have plenty of proper studies showing exactly that.  I use a special mask that is N100. It seals on my face. I don't have a beard.  I am fascinated by the dolts with huge beards with a diaper that cannot possible stop anything as their breath in and out is effortlessly moving in and out through their beard which provides no barrier at all.  Those people might as well wear nothing.  

Why do we all pretend that these things do anything when most of the time they not properly worn and the quality of material is questionable. 

How do so many live this big lie?

My son and I have been using this since Jan 20.  Notice the seal.

external-content.duckduckgo-2.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

Edited by OneAngryJew
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Prove it.  Show me the peer-reviewed document published in a known journal.  Your statement on its face is vague.  Again, I challenge you to prove it.  Can you?

Google "peer reviewed studies of covid re-infection", and you will see there are many.

Here's one from the Lancet. I assume that is "known" enough for you: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00575-4/fulltext

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

You didn't disappoint me.  You did exactly what I expected you to do.  See above.  

I'll wait for more nonsensical answers.  

While we wait for more nonsensical posts and questions.

• Like 1

Just now, JohninDubin said:

While we wait for more nonsensical posts and questions.

You won't wait for very long.

Edited by OneAngryJew

On 11/8/2021 at 7:51 AM, NCC1701A said:

this topic is not about if masks work or not.   

it is about the ops question about where it is necessary to wear masks in Thailand. 

That, is exactly what I asked, and got helpful replies from a couple of people. Thank you.

I got some really nasty stuff from a handful. Charming.

It was not about

Do masks work?

Should I take my shoes off in a Mosque?

Am i going to Rome?  

I will explain why I asked, as it seems to have generated 7 pages of arguments, and I should at least clarify why I asked, mostly to pacify those that think it's because I want to wander around with one finger up to the locals.

I went to Cyprus in September, and they also, like most of the world, currently have some form of mask mandate in action.  However, once you get away from the airport, people only really wear one as a nod to the rules - occasionally when entering a restaurant, but removing them as soon as they see no one else has one on - they are after all, almost exclusively outside, even if under cover (shade). The only place they are worn is in larger supermarkets. As soon as you get to the quiter areas, there is not a mask in sight.

None of the taverna / bar staff give a monkey. Interestingly, the only people I saw "entering" outside bars with masks on were the odd 60+ Brit - also waving their Cyrpus-Pass about - which no one was interested in seeing anyhow. 

Things are clearly different in Thailand, as a few helpful posts have informed me. The Thais are seemingly fearful and like their masks. This is why I asked. It is 100% the other way round back here in the UK. Most people have realised they have not stopped transmission, and wearing one to walk from your table to the toilet, and then remove it again once sat back at your table is simply daft. The same realisation has clearly happened in Cyprus. This is not universal in the UK, of course - there are some screaming for them to be mandated again - but the general appetite for them has waned here - particularly as the vaccination rate is so high.

I shall do some more research, but on the basis of what I've read so far I think I'll most likely push my flights back until next winter. Out of a holiday I want to feel "free" and on "holiday" - not putting a mask on when I get up from my beach towel to walk to the outside bar for a beer. There are indeed plenty of other places I can do this judging from what I've been researching.

It's a real shame as I have been going to Thailand for a long time and it's normally my "paradise" retreat. But if I have to wait another year, so be it. We'll see.

Thank you to the 2 or 3 helpful responders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Interesting in the USA what is coming out for numbers of deaths from last month. When considering USA Red states (Trump) and USA Blue States (Biden). Not to bring politics into this Topic but I find it interesting because the Trump followers are the Anti ones and masks are part of their Anti shout. The numbers are interesting and I will look into them more, but approx 68% more are dying than the Blue States. Yes articles are written and rigged, but unless this is debunked then it certainly is a alarming.

So to wear a mask or not to wear a mask in Thailand? If you do not want to wear a mask then either hermit out here or go back home until all the good people in Thailand can be vaccinated. Here it is not your prerogative to go about doing and acting out what you believe in or what you do not believe in as other people's lives are not your god given right to physically interact with unless you play by the rules here. BTW. I voted for Trump, but last time Biden, and next time neither will hopefully be back because they are both terrible.

Quote from the NY Times. In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from COVID, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened.

Some conservative writers have tried to claim that the gap may stem from regional differences in weather or age, but those arguments fall apart under scrutiny. (If weather or age were a major reason, the pattern would have begun to appear last year.) The true explanation is straightforward: The vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing severe COVID, and almost 40% of Republican adults remain unvaccinated, compared with about 10% of Democratic adults. Charles Gaba, a Democratic health care analyst, has pointed out that the gap is also evident at finer gradations of political analysis: Counties where Trump received at least 70% of the vote have an even higher average COVID death toll than counties where Trump won at least 60%.

So as many of us may have suspected, a vote for Trump was likely to be bad for your health.

But seriously though, I would imagine many of these people who have so far resisted vaxxing, must be glad to have seen the breakthrough with the Merck (50% effective) and Pfizer (90%) pills. I don't know about the cost of the Pfizer pill, but the Merck pill is reported to cost $17 per pill to produce but will go on sale at $7k. 

But assuming that Trumpsters can actually afford this treatment, that leads me to ask, what's the difference between a newly licensed pill and a newly licensed vax, when it comes to hesitancy? I can have some sympathy with the argument, "I want to wait 5 years until we can see a lot more evidence before I put this stuff in my arm", but we never seem to hear the same response to pills. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/new-drugs-found-cause-side-effects-years-after-approval-n757526

• Like 1
  • Haha 1