Mask wearing . The reality?

Dodgey

1 minute ago, OneAngryJew said:

My GF had the D Variant 3 months ago.  She's immune.  Now following science, why don't all your armchair scientists explain why she needs to wear a mask, anywhere and at any time.

Read a bit more about Covid.  A second dose may be serious for GF, many get it a second time.

• Like 5

Here a quote that I can 100% relate to:

>> For evaluating the success or failure of Corona suppression measures, there’s only one tool: You have to look out your window and see if they’re doing anything obvious. Do places with mask mandates have better results than places without them? Do places with high vaccination rates have lower Corona mortality than places with low vaccination rates? In every case, the answer to these questions is very obvious. None of this stuff has any effect on the overall trajectory of the pandemic at all. That’s one of the reasons all this stuff has to be mandated and enforced from on high in the first place. If any of these measures did have an obvious mitigating effect on infections, people would adopt them spontaneously, in the same way they wear gloves and hats in winter and drink coffee before work.

2 hours ago, gummy said:

I think it just made her feel a bit self-conscious when going into to the local 7/11

I could imagine the que lining up for her in that get up. 

34 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Here a quote that I can 100% relate to:

>> For evaluating the success or failure of Corona suppression measures, there’s only one tool: You have to look out your window and see if they’re doing anything obvious. Do places with mask mandates have better results than places without them? Do places with high vaccination rates have lower Corona mortality than places with low vaccination rates? In every case, the answer to these questions is very obvious. None of this stuff has any effect on the overall trajectory of the pandemic at all. That’s one of the reasons all this stuff has to be mandated and enforced from on high in the first place. If any of these measures did have an obvious mitigating effect on infections, people would adopt them spontaneously, in the same way they wear gloves and hats in winter and drink coffee before work.

Oh dear! So you of all people are telling us that if vaxxing was an improvement, anti-vaxxers would be standing in line with the arms exposed for the jab? I don't think so. 

There are plenty of people who have given me sound reasoning why they will not so far take the vax, but there are far more suffering from an affliction for which there is no vax.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Faz said:

I was at my local Bangkok Bank a couple of weeks ago. It was around lunch time, fairly busy and only one teller working, when an American came in with his girlfriend.
He immediately pulled his mask under his chin, which his girlfriend told him to pull up, which he refused and started arguing with her. Soon the security guard also requested he pull his mask up, which he did all but for 30 seconds. On the second request from the security guard he started giving him verbal abuse in English, which the guard obviously couldn't understand.

He was causing a scene at which point I spoke to him, like it or not it's the law in Thailand to wear a mask in public places. He had the same attitude as you, disrespectful, outspoken and a complete prat.
It mattered not, as within minutes a police pick up arrived, carted him out, never to be seen again.

According to his girlfriend he'd just arrived the day before after quarantine.

I’m American but I don’t agree or live on that side of the fence. BTW. How old was this idiot? Just curious. 

1 hour ago, OneAngryJew said:

Now following science, why don't all your armchair scientists explain why she needs to wear a mask, anywhere and at any time.

Let's look at the logic behind that theory.

Passenger: why should I have to wear a mask if yours works?
Driver: damn good point *turns off headlights*
Passenger: what are you doing it’s dark
Driver: chill the other cars have them on

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Just now, Faz said:

An absolute gem

14 minutes ago, gummy said:

She made a bit of money actually 😆

You mean the outfit has a money slot too? Wow! Gonna get my wife one. 

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

You mean the outfit has a money slot too? Wow! Gonna get my wife one. 

Good idea and we  got a  a surprise gift free with her mask, the gift being a strap-on. That was quite a pleasant surprise to receive that. 😂

Just now, Faz said:

Mid to late 50's.

Oh boy. My age graphic. Wasn’t me! 

But no problem as I would never act like that as I don’t t want someone’s germs spreading on to me or my family, same like they don’t want mine on them or theirs. 

My banks all know me pretty well, especially one of them as some of us have been friends for a long time now. What a putz that guy was. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Good idea and we  got a  a surprise gift free with her mask, the gift being a strap-on. That was quite a pleasant surprise to receive that. 😂

What! No lube? 

• Haha 2

Wearing a mask can have additional benefits.

A friend was recuperating in hospital from an operation.
A young attractive female came in to give him an upper body sponge bath.
From behind his mask he muttered 'are my testicles black'.
The young nurse was somewhat embarrassed.
Again he muttered 'are my testicles black'.

Although embarrassed and very shy, she pulled the covers down, held his manhood and systematically examined his testicles, announcing with some delight 'your testicles are fine sir'.
The friend pulled his mask down and said 'thank you, that was very nice, but.....are my test results back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, Faz said:

Some people, can see more clearly....

2 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Johnny Nash could, he could see all obstacles in his way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Are you being serious?  She has natural immunity.  D variant. Again, explain why she needs to wear a mask, she won't be infected or infect anyone.  There is science behind that.  Your parable .. well, what is behind it?

48 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Again, explain why she needs to wear a mask, she won't be infected or infect anyone. 

Simply because the law say's she must. It doesn't absolve those who have had Covid or those fully vaccinated from their responsibilities.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Simply because the law say's she must. It doesn't absolve those who have had Covid or those fully vaccinated from their responsibilities.

I didn't ask about the law.  I asked about science.  What science says she needs a mask?  She can't infect anyone, nor can she catch it.  She has no responsibility.  Vaccines aren't doing anything against the D variant.  That's science too. 

So the question stands, what beyond stupid and non-scientific laws is reason for her to wear a mask?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Poolie said:

Johnny Nash could, he could see all obstacles in his way.

That was after the rain had gone though.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Faraday said:

You mean some people who agree with your opinions of course. 

1 minute ago, mcambl61 said:

You mean some people who agree with your opinions of course. 

Yes, perhaps, just like you. Or is it indoctrination.

4 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

She can't infect anyone, nor can she catch it.

Science (and reality) says Covid can come to anyone a second time. 

Or do you ignore science in all cases against your personal beliefs?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, palooka said:

Science (and reality) says Covid can come to anyone a second time. 

Or do you ignore science in all cases against your personal beliefs?

Prove it.  Show me the peer-reviewed document published in a known journal.  Your statement on its face is vague.  Again, I challenge you to prove it.  Can you?