Mask wearing . The reality?

Dodgey

8 minutes ago, OneAngryJew said:

Peer reviewed study, not a published opinion.  I've seen that trick too many times.

You could always pop over to a Covid area and test your case, own personal science experiment if you want, you could tell us all about it from a Covid ward.

• Thanks 1

Just now, palooka said:

You could always pop over to a Covid area and test your case, own personal science experiment if you want, you could tell us all about it from a Covid ward.

You didn't disappoint me.  You did exactly what I expected you to do.  See above.  

I'll wait for more nonsensical answers.  

Interesting in the USA what is coming out for numbers of deaths from last month. When considering USA Red states (Trump) and USA Blue States (Biden). Not to bring politics into this Topic but I find it interesting because the Trump followers are the Anti ones and masks are part of their Anti shout. The numbers are interesting and I will look into them more, but approx 68% more are dying than the Blue States. Yes articles are written and rigged, but unless this is debunked then it certainly is a alarming.

So to wear a mask or not to wear a mask in Thailand? If you do not want to wear a mask then either hermit out here or go back home until all the good people in Thailand can be vaccinated. Here it is not your prerogative to go about doing and acting out what you believe in or what you do not believe in as other people's lives are not your god given right to physically interact with unless you play by the rules here. BTW. I voted for Trump, but last time Biden, and next time neither will hopefully be back because they are both terrible.

Quote from the NY Times. In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from COVID, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened.

Some conservative writers have tried to claim that the gap may stem from regional differences in weather or age, but those arguments fall apart under scrutiny. (If weather or age were a major reason, the pattern would have begun to appear last year.) The true explanation is straightforward: The vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing severe COVID, and almost 40% of Republican adults remain unvaccinated, compared with about 10% of Democratic adults. Charles Gaba, a Democratic health care analyst, has pointed out that the gap is also evident at finer gradations of political analysis: Counties where Trump received at least 70% of the vote have an even higher average COVID death toll than counties where Trump won at least 60%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

Yes, you certainly seem to have been. 

You'll be sitting on the naughty step, if you carry on this way.

😁

1 hour ago, OneAngryJew said:

Prove it.  Show me the peer-reviewed document published in a known journal.  Your statement on its face is vague.  Again, I challenge you to prove it.  Can you?

Obviously you do not read the news, if you did you wouldn't have the attitude to this subject.

Death and risk of, should not be trivialised by demanding peer-reviewed documents published etc etc as  they are "after the fact" documents and do no good to the deceased. 

Signs at a cliff edge stating caution and people saying don't go too close to the edge you may fall, would probably fall on deaf ears with you.  No peer reviewed documents published etc.

You travel a possibly dangerous road not ony for yourself but also for your GF.  

Wish you and GF well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Obviously you do not read the news, if you did you wouldn't have the attitude to this subject.

Death and risk of, should not be trivialised by demanding peer-reviewed documents published etc etc as  they are "after the fact" documents and do no good to the deceased. 

Signs at a cliff edge stating caution and people saying don't go too close to the edge you may fall, would probably fall on deaf ears with you.  No peer reviewed documents published etc.

You travel a possibly dangerous road not ony for yourself but also for your GF.  

Wish you and GF well.

Ridiculous analogy.  

1 hour ago, OneAngryJew said:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415v1

On opening this link just after the heading it says:

This article is a preprint and has not been peer reviewed etc etc

Sorry but you have now contradicted your own demands of peer review etc.  You are a time waster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Are you being serious?  She has natural immunity.  D variant. Again, explain why she needs to wear a mask, she won't be infected or infect anyoneThere is science behind that.  Your parable .. well, what is behind it?

The science that you mention shows clearly:

1) natural immunity wanes (just like vaccine immunity), so she can't blindly rely on it and a second or further infection could affect someone more severely

2) everyone can (re-)contract the virus 

3) whether vaccinated, with natural immunity or unvaccinated, once reinfected, possibly symptomlessly, she can transmit the virus

And that is why.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OneAngryJew said:

Peer reviewed study, not a published opinion.  I've seen that trick too many times.

Yes especially with that ivermectin rubbish some people believe in

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Interesting in the USA what is coming out for numbers of deaths from last month. When considering USA Red states (Trump) and USA Blue States (Biden). Not to bring politics into this Topic but I find it interesting because the Trump followers are the Anti ones and masks are part of their Anti shout. The numbers are interesting and I will look into them more, but approx 68% more are dying than the Blue States. Yes articles are written and rigged, but unless this is debunked then it certainly is a alarming.

So to wear a mask or not to wear a mask in Thailand? If you do not want to wear a mask then either hermit out here or go back home until all the good people in Thailand can be vaccinated. Here it is not your prerogative to go about doing and acting out what you believe in or what you do not believe in as other people's lives are not your god given right to physically interact with unless you play by the rules here. BTW. I voted for Trump, but last time Biden, and next time neither will hopefully be back because they are both terrible.

Quote from the NY Times. In October, 25 out of every 100,000 residents of heavily Trump counties died from COVID, more than three times higher than the rate in heavily Biden counties (7.8 per 100,000). October was the fifth consecutive month that the percentage gap between the death rates in Trump counties and Biden counties widened.

Some conservative writers have tried to claim that the gap may stem from regional differences in weather or age, but those arguments fall apart under scrutiny. (If weather or age were a major reason, the pattern would have begun to appear last year.) The true explanation is straightforward: The vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing severe COVID, and almost 40% of Republican adults remain unvaccinated, compared with about 10% of Democratic adults. Charles Gaba, a Democratic health care analyst, has pointed out that the gap is also evident at finer gradations of political analysis: Counties where Trump received at least 70% of the vote have an even higher average COVID death toll than counties where Trump won at least 60%.

Correlation is not causation. Especially given the leftist sources that you are using. The leftist media are all parroting the same blather. 

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

You'll be sitting on the naughty step, if you carry on this way.

😁

For what precisely?

Disagreeing with you? 

22 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Yes, gone are the dark clouds that had him blind.

It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Correlation is not causation. Especially given the leftist sources that you are using. The leftist media are all parroting the same blather. 

Not on the left or right as had to step out of all that BS, just plainly putting these numbers out there. Debunk them if you would like or can with solid based data, but as far as I am concerned my family is best protected by wearing masks in certain situations and by having other people properly wear them too. As of today my kids are 2nd jab and the wife is next, but we will continue to wear masks to help protect the others and the risk of us still getting it. Now I think i have had it twice, but once for sure.

As far as it (masks) are also concerned it is the law here in Thailand, and within reason one should abide and wear them. Yes within reason. I do not when I exercise but give folk a wide berth when I do. For me, if someone was at a mall or public place that had a lot of people walking about and a person was not wearing one, sneezed or purposely coughed or breathed in me or my family's space, then they should be prepared for the consequence as I see that as a personal attack which deserves the same coming back at that person. Just how I feel.

Want your freedom, then hermit out or do it in the open acceptable places, or honestly, and I hate to say it, go to a country where it is acceptable, or plainly go back to your home country where you have the right to do so and then face some one else's music there who will definitely be in your face as the US is so stupidly divided now. This I am holier than though and more enlightened than you crap is too much. 

Faz's bank story yesterday of a supposed American's no mask attitude in the bank was too much if even part of it is true. And I have no reason to not believe it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

This I am holier than though and more enlightened than you crap is too much. 

while on a virtue signaling rant.......you say that.

the irony is astounding

3 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

while on a virtue signaling rant.......you say that.

the irony is astounding

I think your reading interpretation skills need some work. But hey, keep on throwing out the insults and your one sided right wing Fox (supposed news) thinking. That is your right, but only to a point here in this country. As you see my post lays basically in the middle unlike your consistent diatribe..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Faz's bank story yesterday of a supposed American's no mask attitude in the bank was too much if even part of it is true. And I have no reason to not believe it.

That was absolutely true.
The wife knows where the woman works and sees her wandering around.
She hasn't seen the (ex) boyfriend with her though.
From an inquisitive standpoint, I'd like to know what happened to him, but the wife won't ask her (face).

7 minutes ago, Faz said:

From an inquisitive standpoint, I'd like to know what happened to him, but the wife won't ask her (face).

Probably fighting with a security guard to get into Makro shouting about his rights, or dragged off a plane complaining about the 'plandemic' and Bill Gates 😀

49 minutes ago, Faz said:

<questioning moderation will earn you a holiday next time - FYI Faz removed YOUR off-topic posts whilst everyone else is talking about MASKS - no conflict>