Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

On 4/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, ExpatPattaya said:

Disagree, robots are only good for dangerous jobs.

Odd, I didn't know there was a robot capable of arguing with a woman?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Odd, I didn't know there was a robot capable of arguing with a woman?

Mine talks to me, the robot that is 🥴 

Gets angry when caught up in power cables but like a woman, if you ignore it, it eventually shuts down.

• Haha 3

This driving video is on my Rumble page since the song I wanted would not get past You Tube. The video is for me, but I did add some visual comments. And if you come to the Open House, you will need this to find the damn place. There are no street signs. So you have been warned!

https://rumble.com/v10syvs-hotel-to-jobsite-with-comments.html

• Like 1

A few Home Building Updates at the end.

But first, we did not have a parade or toss any water. This is only an illusion!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

A few Home Building Updates at the end.

But first, we did not have a parade or toss any water. This is only an illusion!

I'm glad to see it was 'only an illusion'!

Here in Udon city(-ish just outside the ling load) absolutely no one has been throwing any water at all.
Bliss!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

absolutely no one has been throwing any water at all.

Wow, a land of Sheep! We are Rebels over here!🤣

49 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Wow, a land of Sheep! We are Rebels over here!🤣

You might think it's funny. I'm so happy there is no water throwing in most places.

The first couple of years (in Pattaya) I was as guilty as everyone one else. I thought it was great.
Until:

I saw two Americans in a serious fight. One of them was in Thailand on his very first day and went out in the evening with an SLR round his neck and had another American throw water over him.

Another year I was on my way back from Pattaya International Hospital after having stitches and a dressing on an infected wound on my arm.
It was 7 AM and the Baht Bus went past a group of drunk ferangs in a bar on Beach Road. Despite me pointing to the bandages on the dressing on my arm, they threw water over me, soaking the dressing.

Yet another year first day of Songkran in Udon at 8 AM I had a work meeting, but came off the motorbike in town with my wife on the back. The Thai guy who threw a whole bucket of water in my face ran away when he realised he had injured us.

Now after twenty-four years here I just don't go out as I know it's the only way  to avoid drunk Thais seeing ferangs and wanting to soak them.

Yours, misery-guts, Tonbridge Wells.

• Like 1

I think the line between who is happy to be splashed with water and who is trying to avoid it is sometimes not clear.

I have joined in the water fights in Hua Hin a few years ago and it was great fun but you have to be a willing participant otherwise it borders on dangerous.

The defined areas need to be ….. well ….. defined !!

Yours,

Ex fun person, Bradford.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Is there anything else in Tonbridge Wells? 😃

It's full of complainers according to Points Of View on British TV years ago. 🤣

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

It's full of complainers according to Points Of View on British TV years ago. 🤣

Years and years and years ago! Miserable people ad nauseum. 😀

47 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I think the line between who is happy to be splashed with water and who is trying to avoid it is sometimes not clear.

I have joined in the water fights in Hua Hin a few years ago and it was great fun but you have to be a willing participant otherwise it borders on dangerous.

The defined areas need to be ….. well ….. defined !!

Yours,

Ex fun person, Bradford.

I see even the willing have been outgunned by the authorities:
https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/13237-news-forum-police-use-water-cannons-to-stop-illegal-water-fight-at-democracy-monument/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

I'm so happy there is no water throwing in most places.

My water version was rather tame, yours were from the "Saw" movies. The middle ground is just not consistent enough. And we can blame drinking on most of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaidup said:

Just out curiosity, How is the budget going? on parr, over, under?

We are on track to hit close to $100,000 USD. This includes the perimeter wall and $2,000 allotted for landscaping. Right about our limit, but we had a massive amount of upgrades and add ons. The custom built cabinets, custom walk in closet and two custom shelves in the Master bath will run $6,200 USD- or $700 over what we had for budget. Base price for house was just under $59,000 USD.

The wife will not let me talk too much about spending on You Tube. But here, fire away!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

The wife will not let me talk too much about spending on You Tube. But here, fire away!

I learnt my lesson building our place here. Now I estimate 50% over my original thoughts on costs and I generally come out in front.🙂👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaidup said:

Now I estimate 50% over my original thoughts on costs

The perfect plan. Have a budget for double the initial price, and you will be ok. If that is not possible, be ready for just the basics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

We are on track to hit close to $100,000 USD. This includes the perimeter wall and $2,000 allotted for landscaping. Right about our limit, but we had a massive amount of upgrades and add ons. The custom built cabinets, custom walk in closet and two custom shelves in the Master bath will run $6,200 USD- or $700 over what we had for budget. Base price for house was just under $59,000 USD.

Were you knowledgeable about this stuff?

I know absolutely zipo having always lived in apartments 

And I am a priss, love upgrades!  😀

So will have to watch myself when the time comes 

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

I can only do this in real money! Your base price was 1.8 million Baht.
With the extras it's now 3 million Baht. I'm guessing it excludes the cost of the land?

The houses my wife has been building sell for 2-2.5 MB. However they are aimed at the Thai market, the land (around 80 talang wah) is smaller than yours and so are the houses. Her price obviously does include the cost of the land.

To my mind, for all the extras you are buying, it's not over the top allowing for the size of the house and the spec for all the fittings.

The perimeter wall will not be cheap. My wife just said the last wall she built was a couple of years ago. Then it cost 1,200 Baht/metre including labour and materials. This was a 1.8M high wall.

11 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

The perimeter wall will not be cheap. My wife just said the last wall she built was a couple of years ago. Then it cost 1,200 Baht/metre including labour and materials. This was a 1.8M high wall.

Our house is on 1 Rai, built back in 2010 the concreting + the fancy gal steel bars that is common here cost close to K200 all up back then.

CIMG1154.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Your base price was 1.8 million Baht.

Base was 1,950,000 Baht. The land was purchased 6 years ago and not included in the numbers I provided.

We estimate our wall with cost around $7,000 USD with labor.

• Like 1