Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

20 hours ago, Normaljoe said:

the granite slab accent.

That blue tile will surround the shower walls, which are not built yet.

19 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Sometimes you just have to listen to me talk...this is one of those times!

I tried it with the sound muted , but as I don’t lip read I had to concede and put the sound on 😀

The little step down into the bathroom is a great idea I think, makes for easy cleaning. After you have stubbed your big toe for the third or fourth time you start to remember it’s there !!

I think the door opening out idea is related to many houses having a security door ( bars on windows and doors ) also fitted . In my case the front door is a slider so has a sliding security door, whereas the back door opens out and the security door inwards.

If there’s any suggestion that you might increase your security measures in the future you may reconsider the door opens in/out question.

• Thanks 1

Measure centre to centre of the hot and cold water outlets as they are in the wall now.  Should be approx 150mm.

I installed this Toto shower mixer from Boonthavorn and there is a little bit of wriggle room in the fitting to wall outlet, ~ 10 to 20mm.

image.png.786c18becacc8258674e54bea24afa39.png This one has automatic temperature adjustment

There are cheaper models, eg this one from Kohler -

image.png.77bb66452d47981b93499a415f845352.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

I installed this Toto shower mixer

Thanks- but we are not doing this "Thai" shower tower set up. I need a shower, not a Karaoke shower microphone. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Thanks- but we are not doing this "Thai" shower tower set up. I need a shower, not a Karaoke shower microphone. 

That Toto gear is NOT a Thai shower set up.   It's state-of-the-art Japanese technology and ideally suited to a farang-built Thai house. 

Sounds like you've decided to rip all the tiles off and go with the original plan.  In that case make sure you use only (welded) green pipe and proprietary fittings, behind the wall and up to the shower rose to avoid future problems.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

That Toto gear is NOT a Thai shower set up. 

The photo was just a prop. Just for effect.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:17 PM, DwizzleyMatthews said:

The little step down into the bathroom is a great idea I think, makes for easy cleaning

I have almost never seen other bathrooms, in Thailand. And it makes sense, it is the room with the most water outlets, that still can get damaged. 

• Like 1

It's all your fault! You didn't check the contents before parting with your money. I speak from bitter experience. Trust no one!
At least you managed to buy some male-male threaded adaptors locally.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 4:56 PM, GMoney2312 said:

Karaoke shower microphone 555  like that

How do you clean your nether regions when the shower head is fixed above your head?  

I love the shower head on the hose.  Get one longer than 5' and have fun spraying/soaping each other in the shower.  Thai women I know seem obsessed with clean feet, will spend a lot of time cleaning them when they shower with you. Am a sandal wearer, likely those who wear socks and shoes don't have the dirt problem

Its all good man.  Do what you like

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

How do you clean your nether regions when the shower head is fixed above your head?  

I could tell you, but that costs extra. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

At least you managed to buy some male-male threaded adaptors locally

Yes, the big city screwed us, and the village saved the day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Surely it's obvious?

StandingOnHead-cropped.jpg

• Haha 4

Get a vacuum robot, the tiles are great for them!

- Non English video removed -

There are others out there, not only Roombas! ;-)    

Edited by Faz
Only English language permitted
  • Like 1

Really? I thought with you promoting "concept house" in every video, that ship has sailed? ;-)

Aside, I would NEVER commercialize crystal! Not even using it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Get a vacuum robot, the tiles are great for them!

Disagree, robots are only good for dangerous jobs.  Don't let AI take over your home! 

Imagine HAL 9000 saying he wont let you come inside  Hahaha

Why You Must Sweep The Floor Daily. Sweeping and mopping the floor daily is a great exercise. 
  • #1 Burn calories. If you think that only the gym can give you the best workout, you're wrong. ...
  • #2 Weight Control and Belly Fat Reduction. As you burn calories, your weight would also stay under control. ...
  • #3 Lowers Stress Levels. ...
  • #4 Anger Management...Surprisingly, when a person is angry, he/she cleans the best.
  • #5 Prevents Against Infections and Allergies

Edited by ExpatPattaya
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2022 at 6:38 PM, Guest1 said:

Really? I thought with you promoting "concept house" in every video, that ship has sailed?

Not going to bite the hand that is still feeding me!

On 4/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, ExpatPattaya said:

Disagree, robots are only good for dangerous jobs.

True! And no machine can out clean me!