Time to build a house!

GMoney2312

7 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

No kidding! No two steps are the same!

I never thought at the time but I have a spare spirit level and tape measure that the builders could have borrowed. But c'est la vie, I guess it's too late now and would be like bolting the saloon door after the cowboys have bolted. 😉

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

No kidding! No two steps are the same!

Our house (most of it inherited) has one more bedroom upstairs.
It's not just the inconsistent tread height, it's the short depth of the steps (front to back). Having real-size feet I can't get my whole foot on the step and have to walk up and down the stairs in a Charlie-Chaplin-like manner.
Good it our son's bedroom and not ours.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

We are getting 6 inch rolled insulation up in the ceiling. Insulation is inside sealed bags, to protect against moisture. Best $760 we will spend.

Good invested moeney, yes!

And that is, what I mean,  1x6 is not as good, as 2x3 (cross). And it is just a bit more in price

Aside that it has two layer of aluminum MORE (sealed bags, you mean aluminum foil, 0.60x4m, right?), the cross layer is sealing the grove between them.

Oh, and for better fit, the ceiling really need to be mounted on  a 60x60 T-bar construction: just rolling it out! 

And check,  if your guys are closing the "bags" on the two ends with aluminum foil tape. They are open, a bit longer, if you cut one in two, you have enough, to close both. But it is usually for the rock wool to expand to its full size, after a while. Closing keeps the moist out of it, in case the roof is leaking, once ;-)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update - always interesting to watch.

The rain here in NBL has been on & off for days, & tomorrow looks dreadful, so I hope you're not going to Udon then.

Any plans on a new video diary when your house is finished?

• Like 1

Going to Udon Monday morning.

Not sure if I will continue with multiple videos after the home is built. Not much of a travel video guy, it gets in the way of enjoying yourself.

NBL? I am stumped.

18 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Going to Udon Monday morning.

Not sure if I will continue with multiple videos after the home is built. Not much of a travel video guy, it gets in the way of enjoying yourself.

NBL? I am stumped.

That will be a shame. I for one have enjoyed watching your videos.

NBL is NongBuaLamphu. Faraday is hard-of-typing sometimes. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

That will be a shame. I for one have enjoyed watching your videos.

Thank you! A fan base of one is a start. 

After the home is completed, my wife and I have our sights set on Japan, given that Covid restrictions are tame and almost non existent- we will not go through a hotel quarantine again. So yes, maybe I will capture some travel images, but my goal would be to point out things that I find humorous and vastly different from one culture to another. And trying to keep the videos under 6 minutes, I know how bored people can get.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Thank you! A fan base of one is a start. 

After the home is completed, my wife and I have our sights set on Japan, given that Covid restrictions are tame and almost non existent- we will not go through a hotel quarantine again. So yes, maybe I will capture some travel images, but my goal would be to point out things that I find humorous and vastly different from one culture to another. And trying to keep the videos under 6 minutes, I know how bored people can get.

Japan?

Has some of the strictest covid restriction entries in the world

They hardly let anyone in and are just raising how many by a bit in March

They've only let in 6k new peope total since November 

And there definitely a quarantine 

I'd imagine it will be quite some time they allow regular tourism 

But, I highly recommend going with your wife once you can

It's awesome.....

I think your wife would really enjoy it

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2022/02/cdbe92345865-150000-students-unable-to-enter-japan-due-to-covid-border-controls.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Has some of the strictest covid restriction entries in the world

Thanks!

About 7 months away from vacation time, maybe that will be cutting it close.

6 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Thanks!

About 7 months away from vacation time, maybe that will be cutting it close.

Yeah I don't see them loosening restrictions for normal tourists by then

I don't know if you ever been

But my wife and I loved Luang Prabang

Could be a small trip for ya until Japan can happen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah I don't see them loosening restrictions for normal tourists by then

I don't know if you ever been

But my wife and I loved Luang Prabang

Could be a small trip for ya until Japan can happen

I have one last plan: I was going to tell Japanese Immigration that I know a guy, who knew a guy, that knows another guy who helped get rid of Godzilla- that may help!🤣

• Haha 1

Been to Japan 5 or 6 times but always working, would dearly love a trip back there without the nasty working part !!

The little lady would love it I am sure as the Japanese people are truly friendly and hospitable and the country is beautiful imho.

Definitely on my bucket list !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Been to Japan 5 or 6 times but always working, would dearly love a trip back there without the nasty working part !!

The little lady would love it I am sure as the Japanese people are truly friendly and hospitable and the country is beautiful imho.

Definitely on my bucket list !

I don't do many touristy things when I travel

But we went to this Robot show

It was so bizarrely Japan, it was so ridiculously awesome    😀

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

It was so bizarrely Japan, it was so ridiculously awesome 

Holy shit! That was hard to describe! But I would not mind being the hiring manager there!🤣

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Holy shit! That was hard to describe! But I would not mind being the hiring manager there!🤣

Hard to describe is somehow the perfect description!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Faraday said:

How many trolleys (carts) did you fill?

One cart, a small tool box that we got for my brother in laws B Day. I could have hand carried it out. But a head manager and another guy insisted on walking us out. The entire order is being shipped to our home builder. We had quite a crowd around us during our 2.5 hours there. As if Elvis went shopping.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

One cart, a small tool box that we got for my brother in laws B Day. I could have hand carried it out. But a head manager and another guy insisted on walking us out. The entire order is being shipped to our home builder. We had quite a crowd around us during our 2.5 hours there. As if Elvis went shopping.

Wow! Spending 260,000 Baht in HomePro My, how the other half lives! 🤣

I'm not surprised one bit about the crowd around you.
There have been so many reports on here (including myself) from people who get fed up with staff following them around like a lap dog, when looking at products of, say 10,000 Baht.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I'm not surprised one bit about the crowd around you.

Our visit was well orchestrated. A head manager took us where we wanted to go, we already had a detailed list. I even had my laptop with screen shots of the exact items I wanted. So the "crowd" was more of onlookers at a distance who had nothing to do. I had to get the LG OLED 55 inch- only 59,000 baht, my wife just rolled her eyes, but TVs is a mans world!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Our visit was well orchestrated. A head manager took us where we wanted to go, we already had a detailed list. I even had my laptop with screen shots of the exact items I wanted. So the "crowd" was more of onlookers at a distance who had nothing to do. I had to get the LG OLED 55 inch- only 59,000 baht, my wife just rolled her eyes, but TVs is a mans world!

That seems pretty good. especially if you had items from their website.

This was just one item from HomePro:
We wanted a new floor standing fan to replace one that had given up the ghost after almost ten years. It was a Hatari 16 inch fan with remote control.

I went with my wife. I told the staff the model number I wanted.
What did they do? Try to sell us an 18 inch fan. I said no, so they tried to sell us a 16 inch fan with no remote control.
When I said no to that, they told me the Hatari model with remote control was no longer made.
On my smartphone I went to the Hatari Thailand website to show them the model with the remote control was still for sale.
Obviously a loss of face for the lying sales staff. They  had to admit they didn't sell it any more. A big difference from 'no longer made'.
When I know what I want I hate it when the staff have their own agenda, ignoring the customer's requirement.

• Like 2