News Forum - Thai man, not foreigner, fined for driving sedan on Kamala Beach

Thaiger

23 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Newbie on China stuff, but I just transited China (on Air China) for the first time last month, both ways to Japan.  I will NEVER do that again, between the lack of courtesy and queuing, the Big Brother airport experience, the Great Firewall, and flight attendants who don't even pretend to be hospitality workers but rather extensions of the state security apparatus.

Did you get the rude disdain at the  Air China transit desk? One is forced to pickup a reissued  boarding pass because they don't accept BPs issued by the origin airline. Absolute worst customer service, even in the premium cabin. Just a horrible airline and China Eastern is no better. I refuse to ever transit the main land again.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Poolie said:

One fifth of the worlds population? A little excessive if I may make so bold.

what has that got to do with anything?  Then we should bow down and submit to numbers of a population, the vast number of whom are farming peasants? What an odd idea. 

• Like 2

Oh

My son's GF is a hostess for Thai Airways

Well she works at the Check-In counter

She says the Chinese customers are an absolute nightmare and makes her hare her job

She loves when she is working for Korea or Japanese flight

But I guess she's just racist

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Oh

My son's GF is a hostess for Thai Airways

Well she works at the Check-In counter

She says the Chinese customers are an absolute nightmare and makes her hare her job

She loves when she is working for Korea or Japanese flight

But I guess she's just racist

Yes indeed, there are racists everywhere. It's a shame. 😕

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yeah and not her valid experience dealing with different types of nationalities and coming to a conclusion that one, Chinese, so misbehave way more than any other nationality she deals with and stating dealing with them is the worst part of her job

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah and not her valid experience dealing with different types of nationalities and coming to a conclusion that one, Chinese, so misbehave way more than any other nationality she deals with and stating dealing with them is the worst part of her job

Maybe she's not suitable for the job? Intolerant people should be spotted beforehand.

• Confused 1

On 4/7/2024 at 5:18 PM, Poolie said:

No, there are people like you who see discrimination and racism around every corner. It is entirely normal, and indeed very human, to have likes and dislikes about all manner of things, including other Countries, cultures, religions and other people. Badge it as racism if you are so inclined, or xenophobia, but its just human nature and has been present since the dawn of humanity.  The evil, if that is the right word, is to use those inner feelings you have, to actively and negatively impact others.  

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 5:35 PM, Poolie said:

Make your minds up. Your sinophobia is showing plainly.

If I'm "sinophobic" for describing in factual terms a bad experience, then you're a CCP thought police agent -- anything that doesn't praise China to the highest heights of heaven is clearly "sinophobia" and will be aggressively called out as such.

Working on your social credits, are you?

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2024 at 5:18 PM, Poolie said:

Looks like we found the racist.  People like you make me dislike Chinese more than I would otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Looks like we found the racist.  People like you make me dislike Chinese more than I would otherwise.

So you'd be sinophobic anyway?  In that case you're a lost cause. Seek help.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

China to the highest heights of heaven is clearly "sinophobia" and will be aggressively called out as such.

'Called out' , are you nuts?  I'm happy to be a Sinophobe, if there is such a word. I utterly loath what Russia, China, North Korea and Iran represent. plus a few others, who are a danger to all right thinking people.  

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Poolie said:

Maybe she's not suitable for the job? Intolerant people should be spotted beforehand.

Could it possibly be the people that behave badly?

You think they could be the problem?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

'Called out' , are you nuts?  I'm happy to be a Sinophobe, if there is such a word. I utterly loath what Russia, China, North Korea and Iran represent. plus a few others, who are a danger to all right thinking people.  

I think you and @ChicagoExpat are on the samd side here.  😀

• Like 1

The issue isn't the Chinese themselves, but the demographic that travels to Thailand. China is 1 billion people, so even if only a small percentage are bad eggs, like 10%, it will still be a hefty number. The people who travel to China are often the nouveau riche, the very people the  communist revolutionaries once sent to work on the collective farms and in factories to teach them some humility. These people push everyone around and equate a bit of dosh with elevated status etc. They aren't the wealthy who keep a low profile and they aren't the under 25 demographic who are very similar to that age group elsewhere, with the exception they are more in to posting Pokemon dance routines and romantic type reels on TikTok and IG. What we see is a small portion of the 35-55 year old demographic and they are not representative of the Chinese population as a whole.  

On 4/7/2024 at 6:18 AM, Poolie said:

Asian racists are my favourite. The have no filter and give zero F**ks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

So you'd be sinophobic anyway?  In that case you're a lost cause. Seek help.

So you'd support the CCP anyway after the millions of people they've killed?  In that case you're a lost cause.  Seek help.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Vigo said:

The issue isn't the Chinese themselves, but the demographic that travels to Thailand. China is 1 billion people, so even if only a small percentage are bad eggs, like 10%, it will still be a hefty number. The people who travel to China are often the nouveau riche, the very people the  communist revolutionaries once sent to work on the collective farms and in factories to teach them some humility. These people push everyone around and equate a bit of dosh with elevated status etc. They aren't the wealthy who keep a low profile and they aren't the under 25 demographic who are very similar to that age group elsewhere, with the exception they are more in to posting Pokemon dance routines and romantic type reels on TikTok and IG. What we see is a small portion of the 35-55 year old demographic and they are not representative of the Chinese population as a whole.  

Asian racists are my favourite. The have no filter and give zero F**ks. 

Actually, I think the answer MIGHT be the Chinese themselves.  When a culture tells its people they are the superior race, that anyone who opposes them are simply racist, that you have the oldest culture in the world, that traveling abroad to see the future colonies is an exercise in paternalistic oversight and that there are no rules to follow and one can act as one wishes, that your world dominance is only a matter of time and that it will be AWESOME, that their government has never made a mistake, isn't making any mistakes, and never will make a mistake... that's a recipe for people hating that culture.  Poolie is exactly representative of this.  I had the temerity, the UNMITIGATED GALL, to say I had a bad experience on a Chinese airline and look what that brought out.

@Poolie, if you don't want people to view Chinese in this way... don't act this way.

Edited by ChicagoExpat
  • Like 1