News Forum - Thai man, not foreigner, fined for driving sedan on Kamala Beach

Thaiger

A motorist who flouted the rules by driving a black sedan on Kamala Beach in Phuket yesterday was a Thai man, not a foreigner, contrary to initial assumptions. He received a fine of 1,000 baht for his action. A local in Phuket posted a video of a black Toyota Camry Hybrid sedan on Kamala Beach … …

The story Thai man, not foreigner, fined for driving sedan on Kamala Beach as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Some red faces from all those 'outraged Thais' slagging this off when they thought it was a foreigner.

• Like 1

It's often the case.  Someone does something reprehensible and it has to be a foreigner.  Can't be a Thai.

The only country I've lived in where this sort of mentality was even worse was South Korea, because they are insular as hell.  I understand the Chinese are much like this, as well.

"Can't be one of us.  We are the princes of the Earth.  Must be a foreign devil!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Some red faces from all those 'outraged Thais' slagging this off when they thought it was a foreigner.

And of course or American friend who was quick to cast his sinophobic aspertions on the Chinese.

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

And of course or American friend who was quick to cast his sinophobic aspertions on the Chinese.

I still make that bet 100 out of 100x in incidents like this .. 

And I'd likely be a rich man

23 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I still make that bet 100 out of 100x in incidents like this .. 

And I'd likely be a rich man

Ok, so you dislike the Chinese. Duly noted.

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

Ok, so you dislike the Chinese. Duly noted.

I wouldn't say that 

I live amongst many of them and see them be the predominant suspect when shit like this happens

Had a Chinese consulate in my office building and they had to put up ropes because the Chinese were charging into the elevator without waiting for people to get off and causing chaos

20-30x day.....

Flown on 100's of flights that have a huge % of Chinese passengers and a good % don't follow or listen to the rules

15 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I wouldn't say that 

I live amongst many of them and see them be the predominant suspect when shit like this happens

Had a Chinese consulate in my office building and they had to put up ropes because the Chinese were charging into the elevator without waiting for people to get off and causing chaos

20-30x day.....

Flown on 100's of flights that have a huge % of Chinese passengers and a good % don't follow or listen to the rules

Yes, yes, obviously. Of course you do. Naturally you had the Chinese consulate in your building. Who didn't? Of course every flight you book is oversubscribed with the Chinese, how unfortunate.

You're a regular harbinger of bad news you are.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yes, yes, obviously. Of course you do. Naturally you had the Chinese consulate in your building. Who didn't? Of course every flight you book is oversubscribed with the Chinese, how unfortunate.

You're a regular harbinger of bad news you are.

Hey dopey

My office building I work in is one of the most prominent in downtown Vancouver......

We now have the Portugal Consulate in it......without the needed ropes

And dodo......try booking a flight from Bangkok to Vancouver and look at the connections dopey 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Poolie said:

Of course every flight you book is oversubscribed with the Chinese, how unfortunate.

Showing your ignorance here.  "Vancouver received the title of being, outside of Asia, the "most Asian city" due to its large Chinese population." - Wikipedia

• Like 2

Newbie on China stuff, but I just transited China (on Air China) for the first time last month, both ways to Japan.  I will NEVER do that again, between the lack of courtesy and queuing, the Big Brother airport experience, the Great Firewall, and flight attendants who don't even pretend to be hospitality workers but rather extensions of the state security apparatus.

19 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

Newbie on China stuff, but I just transited China (on Air China) for the first time last month, both ways to Japan.  I will NEVER do that again, between the lack of courtesy and queuing, the Big Brother airport experience, the Great Firewall, and flight attendants who don't even pretend to be hospitality workers but rather extensions of the state security apparatus.

Too bad you didn't take one of the Japanese airlines 

They are all an absolutely pleasure to fly on, even in Economy 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

And that was all foreseeable.  Just to make a point that may not be obvious to some.  Air China is a mainland China airline, based in Beijing ; China Airlines is based in Taiwan and is nothing to do with Mainland China.  China Airlines, in my view, is a good airline. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

And that was all foreseeable.  Just to make a point that may not be obvious to some.  Air China is a mainland China airline, based in Beijing ; China Airlines is based in Taiwan and is nothing to do with Mainland China.  China Airlines, in my view, is a good airline. 

It's what we could get.

5 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Yup

Wife is flying them in 12 days....

We are really lucky that we have the choice of China Airlines, Eva, Cathy Pacific, Japan Airlines, and ANA

All very good airlines with amazing service 

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yup

Wife is flying them in 12 days....

We are really lucky that we have the choice of China Airlines, Eva, Cathy Pacific, Japan Airlines, and ANA

All very good airlines with amazing service 

I was employed as both First Officer and Captain with 2 of the airlines you list and I can absolutely vouge for their professionalism, skill, and care of their staff and customers.  The old class European Airlines will eventually fade into obscurity, as the Middle East and Asian airlines, bar some notable exceptions, take over. Unfortunate for those in the US, they still have to put up with the kind of service from their airlines that the OP faced in China.

7 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Make your minds up. Your sinophobia is showing plainly.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Good, it was meant to.  There is a whole heap of difference between Mainland China, its people, its culture, its attitudes, its poor products, its ambitions and its anti social people, to the rest of Asia. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Good, it was meant to.  There is a whole heap of difference between Mainland China, its people, its culture, its attitudes, its poor products, its ambitions and its anti social people, to the rest of Asia. 

You'll be throwing your phone and computer away then?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Poolie said:

You'll be throwing your phone and computer away then?

Neither my phone not my computer were made in China genius and the chips in both come from Taiwan.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I was employed as both First Officer and Captain with 2 of the airlines you list and I can absolutely vouge for their professionalism, skill, and care of their staff and customers.  The old class European Airlines will eventually fade into obscurity, as the Middle East and Asian airlines, bar some notable exceptions, take over. Unfortunate for those in the US, they still have to put up with the kind of service from their airlines that the OP faced in China.

It's legitimately a pleasure to fly them and I feel my holiday starts on the plane.....

When my wife 1st started to come to Canada she was worried about connecting in Hong Kong

I callled Cathy and they would greet her at her arrival gate and take her to her departure gate to Vancouver 

Simply amazing service......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Poolie said:

I don't know why you get so bent out of shape over this....

You could possibly have a Chinese wife so I guess it's a bit understandable 

But if so many people all over the world have the same issues with the Chinese, is everyone just wrong and racist?

Or could it possibly be that the Chinese do the things people accuse them of?

I am from Boston 

I'm a massive Boston sports fan 

A lot of people don't like our fans

I think our fans can be the biggest bunch of ignorant idiots there are

That I stopped going to any Boston games myself here on the West Coast, because I agree our fans are idiots

I don't get offended by the label we have.....because it's true 

And I don't act like that.......

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't know why you get so bent out of shape over this....

You could possibly have a Chinese wife so I guess it's a bit understandable 

But if so many people all over the world have the same issues with the Chinese, is everyone just wrong and racist?

Or could it possibly be that the Chinese do the things people accuse them of?

I am from Boston 

I'm a massive Boston sports fan 

A lot of people don't like our fans

I think our fans can be the biggest bunch of ignorant idiots there are

That I stopped going to any Boston games myself here on the West Coast, because I agree our fans are idiots

I don't get offended by the label we have.....because it's true 

And I don't act like that.......

One fifth of the worlds population? A little excessive if I may make so bold.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

One fifth of the worlds population? A little excessive if I may make so bold.

I'm not trying to be jerk 

You obviously have close relations to China and if you have a Chinese family I'm sure the criticism can be frustrating 

Especially when someone blames them for something like I did

But can all these people around the world just be racist? And not expressing their experiences?

I could post 1000's and 1000's of links of Chinese behaving badly all around the world 

No other nationalities come close

Maybe Americans (me) come in 2nd  😀

• Like 2